2013 Formula 1 in HD - Page 133 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I guess they COULD sit him down and let DR move up sooner, but it would be a PR catastrophe.

Besides, I don't think Webber is that stupid to begin with.wink.gif

Webber is in a unique situation in that he isn't looking for a ride next year. But I suppose he's got his own standards to live up to, so got to give him that. Maybe he will save it up for Brasil, and punt Seb right off the track. I'd bet the crowd would love it.
Tack is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

It is a cruel world, but Mark didn't help himself by not grabbing the hole shot or passing Romain right away. I think his best shot was to give the finger to the pits and stay out on his second set. Actually I would have loved to see that. Seb would have caught him right at the end and I bet we'd really have something to talk about right now.

You were saying? :-)

Tack likes this.
BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 1123
Haha thats great. Do you know how old that is? Giving the finger to finger boy.
Tack is online now  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Haha thats great. Do you know how old that is? Giving the finger to finger boy.

I have no idea. He sent it out on his twitter feed, but there was no context. I think it was sent to him by a friend, and he sent it back out.

I just thought it was a great photo.
BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Sorry to hear that. It's like I tell my boys "Don't make the same mistake once".
Once AND only once.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

It is a cruel world, but Mark didn't help himself by not grabbing the hole shot or passing Romain right away. I think his best shot was to give the finger to the pits and stay out on his second set. Actually I would have loved to see that. Seb would have caught him right at the end and I bet we'd really have something to talk about right now.
What was that? "Screw Seb 21?" lol

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

You were saying? :-)

lol Maybe thats his response to oinks Jaguar.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

What was that? "Screw Seb 21?" lol

I think it was "Multi- go function yourself 21"
stevew24963 likes this.
Tack is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I read that today was Kimi's birthday, and someone sent this out on twitter. I guess that makes him the Honey Badger of F1. :-)

BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 28,789
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
OK, that's just wrong...biggrin.gif

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I read that today was Kimi's birthday, and someone sent this out on twitter. I guess that makes him the Honey Badger of F1. :-)

How true.:-)
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Got some space in the garage? Autoblog
eBay Find of the Day: 1992 Minardi-Lamborghini M191L
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/16/ebay-minardi-lamborghini-f1?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000599
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Can I borrow some money?
200k actually seems like a pretty good deal. But where would you find parts to maintain and fix it?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Can I borrow some money?
200k actually seems like a pretty good deal. But where would you find parts to maintain and fix it?
You pay someone to do that crap while you drive around in your Veyron. :-)
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

You pay someone to do that crap while you drive around in your Veyron. :-)
Good point.
But seriously you would probably have to have a custom shop make stuff for you. Can you imagine what it would cost to have a head made for that engine? Or even just a couple of valves? Wonder if you would have to get it from Lamborghini?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Good point.
But seriously you would probably have to have a custom shop make stuff for you. Can you imagine what it would cost to have a head made for that engine? Or even just a couple of valves? Wonder if you would have to get it from Lamborghini?
I have a friend that owned a Riley Scott MKIII that he ran in HRS.He had a shop look after the car and had it set up and delivered to the track for what ever event he 'raced' in.They did everything from tune the car to clean it,truly arrive and drive.He never said how much they charged ,but I know it cost him around $30,000 to replace the rear clip when he backed it into a wall at Sebring.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

You pay someone to do that crap while you drive around in your Veyron. :-)
Watching the Superbikes. Cool stuff. Havent seen them for a while. Didnt know BMW was racing.
You were right. Oulton Park is a very cool track.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Watching the Superbikes. Cool stuff. Havent seen them for a while. Didnt know BMW was racing.
You were right. Oulton Park is a very cool track.
I think BMW is done in WSBK ,this is the last year.
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 28,789
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
A birthday greeting to Kimi:


Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 986
The IndyCar Championship will be decided Saturday night at Fontana. And this one is close. Very close in fact. 7 points I think.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
gprace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

Hulkenberg signing info....

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/10/18/hulkenberg-in-signing-snafu/

biggrin.gif That says it all.
gprace is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 28,789
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post

biggrin.gif That says it all.
From the link:

Nico Hulkenberg has confounded conflicting rumours that he would join Lotus, Force India, Williams or even Ferrari by accidentally signing for all four of them.

‘I don’t know what happened,’ the German driver admitted. ‘You know, people are always putting things in front of me to sign. To be honest, I stopped concentrating a long time ago. Only last month I accidentally signed a table, a spaniel and one of my own legs. So, for sure, it is no surprise that yesterday I accidentally signed completely watertight and legally binding contracts to drive for four different Formula 1 teams in 2014.’

Sources close to Hulkenberg say the under-rated racer is keen to dodge further embarrassment and is now working on a system to avoid letting down his multiple paymasters.

‘Nico is developing a sort of rota,’ confirmed manager Heinz Beenz. ‘So he will qualify, say, the Ferrari and then quickly run down the pit lane and jump in the Lotus and do a qualifying run for them, and so on. Whichever car he gets highest up the grid is the one he will drive on the Sunday and he will tow the other cars behind him.’

Although Hulkenberg’s plan is likely to be extremely tiring and presents a high risk of other cars getting tangled in his complex system of towing cables, the German racer remains upbeat about his contractual over-subscription. ‘Hey, it could be worse,’ he concluded cheerfully. ‘I could have accidentally signed for McLaren.’

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

From the link:

Nico Hulkenberg has confounded conflicting rumours that he would join Lotus, Force India, Williams or even Ferrari by accidentally signing for all four of them.

‘I don’t know what happened,’ the German driver admitted. ‘You know, people are always putting things in front of me to sign. To be honest, I stopped concentrating a long time ago. Only last month I accidentally signed a table, a spaniel and one of my own legs. So, for sure, it is no surprise that yesterday I accidentally signed completely watertight and legally binding contracts to drive for four different Formula 1 teams in 2014.’

Sources close to Hulkenberg say the under-rated racer is keen to dodge further embarrassment and is now working on a system to avoid letting down his multiple paymasters.

‘Nico is developing a sort of rota,’ confirmed manager Heinz Beenz. ‘So he will qualify, say, the Ferrari and then quickly run down the pit lane and jump in the Lotus and do a qualifying run for them, and so on. Whichever car he gets highest up the grid is the one he will drive on the Sunday and he will tow the other cars behind him.’

Although Hulkenberg’s plan is likely to be extremely tiring and presents a high risk of other cars getting tangled in his complex system of towing cables, the German racer remains upbeat about his contractual over-subscription. ‘Hey, it could be worse,’ he concluded cheerfully. ‘I could have accidentally signed for McLaren.’

I bet that spaniel will go for big money on the F1 collectors market. The leg may be harder to sell. :-)
BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Honda F1 motor start up.Sounds like a hot rod weed eater.tongue.gif http://www.crash.net/f1/news/197125/1/honda_fires_up_new_f1_engine.html
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Honda F1 motor start up.Sounds like a hot rod weed eater.tongue.gif http://www.crash.net/f1/news/197125/1/honda_fires_up_new_f1_engine.html

I described it to a bud as the result of an un-holy coupling between a vacuum cleaner, a sewing machine, and a vibrator.

In thinking about that a bit, I would also add to the mix a bit of Seb's hysterical screaming toward the end of Suzuka. :-)

Of course, it it's fast and powers a car that wins races, no one will much care what it sounds like.

Brian
BGLeduc is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 1123
Tack is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevew24963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boca Raton,Fla.
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post



In thinking about that a bit, I would also add to the mix a bit of Seb's hysterical screaming toward the end of Suzuka. :-)



Brian
It does have a bit of a whine to it. smile.gif
stevew24963 is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 28,789
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Wonder who? Cough, Maldonado.

"There was just one racer who, in a year and half, was approved for $66 million"
WOW...I guess that answers some of the mystery.eek.gif

Only girly-men push The Red Button.
oink is offline  
Old 10-19-2013, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Alejandra Benitez biggrin.gif

Sharp1080 is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off