post #4681 of 4793 Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
FWIW, Chapter 3:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Another rousing start of crappy eggs, lousy coffee, and nasty pork products.

Got out early to the track.
The crowd was quite a bit bigger, probably because it was a Saturday and the locals could join in.

The diversity of people and nationalities was something to see....really from all over the world.
Latin America, in particular, was well represented.
I do not think it is exaggeration to say at least half of those in attendance were from south of the border.
Although, I not sure, but I suspect most were from Mexico.
If the wife would have been with me, she would have be able to identify which countries they originated from.
BTW, all of them seemed to be buying and wearing RB shirts, hats, etc.

Before Qually started and per ChuckAuger's recommendation (thanx again Chuck), I bought a $35 ticket to go up The Tower.
Heckuva view and worth the 35 bucks easily.
The entire track can be seen, with the exception of the front straight (which is hidden by the paddock and stands).

What I found most interesting from up high is just how much Turn 1 reminds me of The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca.
Although the plunge isn't as severe as Laguna, it is similar, with the uphill climb and the downhill sharp turn to the left.
Also, Austin is much, much wider than LS.

The food concessions were fine, at least for what they were intended to be.
Texas BBQ was kind of hit & miss for me.
The first place had poor quality beef and bland sauce.
The 2nd spot was outstanding.
Tried some Mexican stuff and it was palatable.

Drinks were somewhat of a problem.
There was ONLY one Biergarden!eek.gif
Primarily made up of Texas brews, which turned out to be not a good thing...I dunno, maybe it's the water.
However, there was approx. a couple of dozen taps.
I found 2 good ones: something called "Gravel," as well as the before mentioned "Lobo Oktoberfest" (my fav).
Naturally, the lines were LOOOOOONG.
However, to make the wait less painful, the girls serving and pouring were all made up like the St. Pauli Beer Girl.

Canned beer was everywhere, but relegated to the same 4 or 5 major brands and none were good.frown.gif

Once qually got going, it was the usual suspects up front....with the exception of Bottas, who had an outstanding weekend in a POS car.
Except for having a big Jumbotron right in front of me, being where I was I wasn't able to get the full drama that would come from being on the main grandstand near the finish line.
All in all, I'm not complaining...it was still a kick in the a$$.

As it turned out, after the fog lifted, the air temp was a little warmer than the day before, but still not too bad.....this would change on raceday.
On Saturday, I finally started to take notice of that meteorological thing called "humidity" (or "hell," as I call it).

By the time I made it back to the Hilton, I was nearly dehydrated....
Fortunately, I know of a cure for that.....

COMING UP: How not to go to jail in Austin.
Tack and yankeeman like this.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4682 of 4793 Old 11-21-2013, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

FWIW, Chapter 3:

The crowd was quite a bit bigger, probably because it was a Saturday and the locals could join in.

The diversity of people and nationalities was something to see....really from all over the world.
I do not think it is exaggeration to say at least half of those in attendance were from south of the border.
If the wife would have been with me, she would have be able to identify which countries they originated from.

Before Qually started and per ChuckAuger's recommendation (thanx again Chuck), I bought a $35 ticket to go up The Tower.
The entire track can be seen, with the exception of the front straight (which is hidden by the paddock and stands).

What I found most interesting from up high is just how much Turn 1 reminds me of The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca.
Although the plunge isn't as severe as Laguna, it is similar, with the uphill climb and the downhill sharp turn to the left.

Primarily made up of Texas brews, which turned out to be not a good thing...I dunno, maybe it's the water.
I found 2 good ones: something called "Gravel," as well as the before mentioned "Lobo Oktoberfest" (my fav).
However, to make the wait less painful, the girls serving and pouring were all made up like the St. Pauli Beer Girl.

Canned beer was everywhere, but relegated to the same 4 or 5 major brands and none were good.frown.gif

Once qually got going, it was the usual suspects up front....with the exception of Bottas, who had an outstanding weekend in a POS car.
Except for having a big Jumbotron right in front of me, being where I was I wasn't able to get the full drama that would come from being on the main grandstand near the finish line.

As it turned out, after the fog lifted, the air temp was a little warmer than the day before, but still not too bad.....this would change on raceday.
On Saturday, I finally started to take notice of that meteorological thing called "humidity" (or "hell," as I call it).

We didn't eat anything at the track, but survived on canned beer and BBQ imported from Lockhart, about 20 miles south of the track. Canned Guinness will keep you alive for a weekend, if there were any biergardens around we must've skipped them. We didn't hang out anyplace with a line. We had no Americans seated near us, there was Mexico, Italy, Japan, Korea, and England that we could make out. You could tell that a lot of the spectators were from abroad, we spent some down time just hanging out in the open area people watching. Female (presumably foreign) F1 fans are generally easy to spectate on. Dark sunglasses a plus. cool.gif

I'll have to go back in a year or two and see what improvements have been made, you could tell it was just finished last year.

And thanks for the write up, I enjoy attending vicariously.
yankeeman likes this.
post #4683 of 4793 Old 11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

FWIW, Chapter 3:

Enjoying your trip so far,thanks for the write up. Is Foster's still the 'official' beer of F1? Consumed quite a few while attending Indy F1.
post #4684 of 4793 Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckAuger View Post

if there were any biergardens around we must've skipped them.
As I understand it, this is the first year for a Biergarden.
IMO, there is a need for a half dozen more.

Quote:
Female (presumably foreign) F1 fans are generally easy to spectate on. Dark sunglasses a plus. cool.gif
I did notice there was quite a few trophies walking around.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Is Foster's still the 'official' beer of F1?
I don't think so....at least, I didn't see any.

post #4685 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

post #4686 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 555

I can't take the author's premise seriously. He takes the position that because Sebastian Vettel has been so dominant for so long, it will Kill F1. Nonsense! The guy needs to consider how Tiger Woods and the New York Yankees during the years they dominated their sports made the PGA Tour and Major League Baseball larger, richer, and more powerful than ever. The public LOVES a winner, whether guys like Lewis Hamilton, who aren't winning as often as they expected, like it or not.
post #4687 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I can't take the author's premise seriously. He takes the position that because Sebastian Vettel has been so dominant for so long, it will Kill F1. Nonsense!

The guy needs to consider how Tiger Woods and the New York Yankees during the years they dominated their sports made the PGA Tour and Major League Baseball larger, richer, and more powerful than ever. The public LOVES a winner, whether guys like Lewis Hamilton, who aren't winning as often as they expected, like it or not.
Agreed,I posted just for lack of anything better until oink tells us how he escaped incarceration.
post #4688 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Not much discussion on the final race of the year. Kinda glad it's done.
post #4689 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Yeah, you know when nobody posts practice/qualifying times/channels, it's over. It may rain this weekend and be a good race.
post #4690 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Liked: 16
My DVR should be recording practice right now, it ain't over for two more days here.
post #4691 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Liked: 10

I actually saw a McLaren MP4/12c the other day. Super bad! Nobody on the street knew what it was but me. It was parked and people on the sidewalk were stopping and cars were slowing down to look at it. The owner was eating at a restaurant and came out while I was taking pictures of it and he was impressed that I knew what it was. Turns out he owns an exotic car dealership.

AdMfwx

post #4692 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckAuger View Post

My DVR should be recording practice right now, it ain't over for two more days here.
Same here. Im not especially excited but theres no way Im gonna miss any of it. Havent for years.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #4693 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiealy View Post

I actually saw a McLaren MP4/12c the other day. Super bad! Nobody on the street knew what it was but me. It was parked and people on the sidewalk were stopping and cars were slowing down to look at it. The owner was eating at a restaurant and came out while I was taking pictures of it and he was impressed that I knew what it was. Turns out he owns an exotic car dealership.

AdMfwx

I had that exact same experience. Seriously. And it was right across the street from where I live.

post #4694 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Agreed,I posted just for lack of anything better until oink tells us how he escaped incarceration.
Your wish is my command.

FWIW, Chapter 4:

Being hungry and thirsty, I decided to on another adventure.....

In Austin, there are 2 Hiltons downtown separated by 2 blocks.
At the bigger of the 2, the McLaren Team and the Mobil 1 guys were based for the weekend.

In front of the hotel, McLaren hand a few of their MP-12C road cars: two orange Coupes and a charcoal Spyder (BTW, I did see a guy take off in one of the coupes and the exhaust sound was less than inspiring....give me the 458 Italia any day).

In the lobby, one of McLaren's current F1 cars was being displayed.
Touching, of course, was prohibited, but the rope barrier was mere inches from the car itself.
Getting up close, I was really blown away just how LONG a modern F1 car is...
The wheelbase was much, much longer than I had imagined.
When I think of racecars, generally I think of something small, for example, ALMS prototypes.
The LWB, coupled with front and rear wings, makes these cars look enormous.
Conversely, the car are much narrower than I originally thought.redface.gif

Hoping to be able to talk Ron Dennis or Jenson Button into driver's test, I went to the pub on the ground floor for a Reuben and the local swill.
Other than the Mobil 1 guys tearing up the joint, the place was dead.

Soooooo, being a little tired I decided to go back to my hotel for a nightcap.
That was when things got interesting.....

I shared the elevator with a guy from Pirelli, who looked absolutely exhausted.
Not knowing if his English was any good, I asked "Tired of tires?"
He gave me a confused look said nothing...

At the top of the hotel (18th floor), there is a bar and restaurant.
It was practically deserted, with the exception of a handful of guys at the bar.
As it turned out, these blokes were part of the F1 transportation crew and were Brits.
Their job is to pack up, transport, and set up the F1 equipment needed at every race.

Grabbing a stool, I kept to myself for a beer or 2 and tried not to intrude into their party.
The bartender was a young Texan lass who was trying to imitate their cockney accents.
In a way, it was mocking and I thought it was in bad taste.
These people are guests in our country....they should be extended courtesy and respect.
But hey, this was Texas......rolleyes.gif

Anywho, being the curious sort, I had to start asking questions about who and what they were doing in Austin.
I found out: Brits LOVE American sit-coms.
I got the impression they believe these shows reflect the truth about what we Americans are really like as a people.eek.gif
Of course, nothing could be further from the truth and I tried to explain that to them....they weren't convinced.

Also, they are MUCH more open and direct telling randy jokes in front of females, the kind that would get your face slapped if you were an American male.
In spite of being a dirty old man myself, some of the jokes had to be explained to me.
This kind of humor is normal British pub banter and isn't meant to insult.

As the evening past into early morning and the alcohol took ahold, my mates managed to convince the bartender to keep the bar open longer....and longer....and longer.
Eventually, a security guard came by to find out what the he!! was going on.
The Boys charmed him away a couple of times, but he kept coming back.
Sadly, we were informed to either vacate to our hotel rooms or continue our party in the Drunk Tank.
My new Brit buddies didn't think the guy was serious.
However, I knew better and advised 'em it might be time to call it an evening.
Besides, there was a race only a few hours away and, in spite of the great time I was having, I wasn't going to miss it for anything.
I bid adieu to my new pals and got some shuteye.

COMING UP: The Race
Tack likes this.

post #4695 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I love watching the cars running on full wets. Not the best racing but very cool for practice.

post #4696 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I love watching the cars running on full wets. Not the best racing but very cool for practice.

Cool looking for practice for sure, and even qualifying as it could produce some unusual grid positions, but i dont like it for the actual race.

Hey Oink, keep those Austin stories coming, love them!

never take life seriously
post #4697 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 255
The Fred and Luca show never fails to entertain. :-)

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/11/alonso-im-proud-of-second-without-the-second-best-car/

I also found this interesting…

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorsport/story/136705.html

There were some tweets suggesting that Maldandao's funding was in question, and also the linked article. I think it would be criminal were he to get the 2nd Lotus seat over Hulk, but there are also questions Lotus's funding:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/11/behind-the-machinations-at-lotus/

Perhaps that is why Hulk has yet to sign a deal for 2014.
post #4698 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

The Fred and Luca show never fails to entertain. :-)
No, it doesn't.biggrin.gif

Quote:
http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorsport/story/136705.html

There were some tweets suggesting that Maldandao's funding was in question, and also the linked article. I think it would be criminal were he to get the 2nd Lotus seat over Hulk, but there are also questions Lotus's funding:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/11/behind-the-machinations-at-lotus/

Perhaps that is why Hulk has yet to sign a deal for 2014.
It would be a terrible shame if The Hulk doesn't get the drive.
He certainly will land somewhere.

For some reason, I doubt Alonso and/or Kimi will be at Ferrari in 2015 and I can see the kid ending up there.

post #4699 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Glad to see you were the voice of reason but I must admit I was kinda hoping for some drunken hooligan antics and some nudity,but it is what it is.LOL.How did those cars found with a bit of a hangover? When we went to Indy in 2000.we got to the track early and were some of the first there .Mclaren had a demo car in front of their tent while, I didn't see anyone around I gave my friends son my camera while I tried to sit my fat a** into the car for a pic. About the time I got into the car and slide into the seat,I felt this large hand grab me by the scruff of my neck and jerk me out of the car. This huge German dude was screaming at me in German.My friends boy took off crying,security showed up,calmed the big man down and took me to the office. Took my name and warned me I would be tossed if there was another incident. Happily,all ended well.
post #4700 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:

Your wish is my command.

FWIW, Chapter 4:

Being hungry and thirsty, I decided to on another adventure.....

In Austin, there are 2 Hiltons downtown separated by 2 blocks.
At the bigger of the 2, the McLaren Team and the Mobil 1 guys were based for the weekend.

In front of the hotel, McLaren hand a few of their MP-12C road cars: two orange Coupes and a charcoal Spyder (BTW, I did see a guy take off in one of the coupes and the exhaust sound was less than inspiring....give me the 458 Italia any day).

In the lobby, one of McLaren's current F1 cars was being displayed.
Touching, of course, was prohibited, but the rope barrier was mere inches from the car itself.
Getting up close, I was really blown away just how LONG a modern F1 car is...
The wheelbase was much, much longer than I had imagined.
When I think of racecars, generally I think of something small, for example, ALMS prototypes.
The LWB, coupled with front and rear wings, makes these cars look enormous.
Conversely, the car are much narrower than I originally thought.redface.gif

Hoping to be able to talk Ron Dennis or Jenson Button into driver's test, I went to the pub on the ground floor for a Reuben and the local swill.
Other than the Mobil 1 guys tearing up the joint, the place was dead.

Soooooo, being a little tired I decided to go back to my hotel for a nightcap.
That was when things got interesting.....

I shared the elevator with a guy from Pirelli, who looked absolutely exhausted.
Not knowing if his English was any good, I asked "Tired of tires?"
He gave me a confused look said nothing...

At the top of the hotel (18th floor), there is a bar and restaurant.
It was practically deserted, with the exception of a handful of guys at the bar.
As it turned out, these blokes were part of the F1 transportation crew and were Brits.
Their job is to pack up, transport, and set up the F1 equipment needed at every race.

Grabbing a stool, I kept to myself for a beer or 2 and tried not to intrude into their party.
The bartender was a young Texan lass who was trying to imitate their cockney accents.
In a way, it was mocking and I thought it was in bad taste.
These people are guests in our country....they should be extended courtesy and respect.
But hey, this was Texas......rolleyes.gif

Anywho, being the curious sort, I had to start asking questions about who and what they were doing in Austin.
I found out: Brits LOVE American sit-coms.
I got the impression they believe these shows reflect the truth about what we Americans are really like as a people.eek.gif
Of course, nothing could be further from the truth and I tried to explain that to them....they weren't convinced.

Also, they are MUCH more open and direct telling randy jokes in front of females, the kind that would get your face slapped if you were an American male.
In spite of being a dirty old man myself, some of the jokes had to be explained to me.
This kind of humor is normal British pub banter and isn't meant to insult.

As the evening past into early morning and the alcohol took ahold, my mates managed to convince the bartender to keep the bar open longer....and longer....and longer.
Eventually, a security guard came by to find out what the he!! was going on.
The Boys charmed him away a couple of times, but he kept coming back.
Sadly, we were informed to either vacate to our hotel rooms or continue our party in the Drunk Tank.
My new Brit buddies didn't think the guy was serious.
However, I knew better and advised 'em it might be time to call it an evening.
Besides, there was a race only a few hours away and, in spite of the great time I was having, I wasn't going to miss it for anything.
I bid adieu to my new pals and got some shuteye.

COMING UP: The Race

You are all man, partner! I haven't been able to drink like that in 20 years, maybe longer. These days, though, it is hell to get up in the morning knowing that that's the best I will feel all day. smile.gif
post #4701 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

post #4702 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Glad to see you were the voice of reason but I must admit I was kinda hoping for some drunken hooligan antics and some nudity,but it is what it is.LOL.How did those cars found with a bit of a hangover? When we went to Indy in 2000.we got to the track early and were some of the first there .Mclaren had a demo car in front of their tent while, I didn't see anyone around I gave my friends son my camera while I tried to sit my fat a** into the car for a pic. About the time I got into the car and slide into the seat,I felt this large hand grab me by the scruff of my neck and jerk me out of the car. This huge German dude was screaming at me in German.My friends boy took off crying,security showed up,calmed the big man down and took me to the office. Took my name and warned me I would be tossed if there was another incident. Happily,all ended well.
lol Youre a threat to society.

post #4703 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

FWIW, Chapter 5:

The moment I walked out of the hotel I knew Sunday was going to be a helluva day.
The humidity was already uncomfortable at 9AM.

Made it out to COTA in time to catch the final 458 Challenge race.
BTW, I am not entirely certain, but it looks as though the 458s get above 150 between turns 11 and 12.
Standing in line for my morning suds, I caught a perfect 360 spin of an Italia in camo paint coming out of Turn 7....couldn't have done it better myself.biggrin.gif

The F1 Driver Parade was up next, and being in front of the Biergarden, I was perfectly placed for close-ups.
The parade was lined up by grid order, meaning Vettel would be in the lead car (which was an old iconic blue with white striped Shelby Cobra).
All of the drivers were placed in verts or some kind of open-top car of various vintages and makes for the purposes of being seen by and waving to spectators.

Rather than simply being paraded around while sitting on the rear deck lid, Vettel talked his driver into letting him drive the Cobra.....typical gearhead move.cool.gif
Alonso did the very same thing with a cool Ferrari of the same era.

At any rate, there was a lot of applause for everyone and the drivers seemed to really enjoy the crowd....excellent pageantry and a great way to start F1's Sunday show.

The fog, which had been present off and on during the mornings of the 3 days was nearly gone by the time the race started....plenty of American sunshine to be had.

Taking my "seat," I noticed the stands at Turn 9 were very nearly filled.
Almost everyone was decked out in F1 shirts, hats, etc....a lot of fan spirit on display.

As it was during the first 2 days, there was a delegation of guys from Mexico(?) in front of me who were having a great time supporting Perez and Gutiérrez.
One of the guys was mugging for the crowd while wearing a rubber horsehead and waving a big red Ferrari flag.biggrin.gif
When enough was enough, his buddies would tell him to sit the fnck down...in a nice way, I'm sure.
However, after awhile, he would get inspired again and couldn't help himself.wink.gif

While I'm thinking about it, I guess I should mention a rather surreal situation I observed while at COTA.
There was a couple of guys waving, while walking or jogging, good size flags on 10 ft. poles.
One was the Brazilian flag and other was the Finnish flag.
The poor dude with the Brazilian flag was yelling "Massa! Massa! Massa!" ad nauseum while running around with a glazed look in his eyes....
I thought for sure he would eventually keel over from heat stroke.

Anyhoot, not being in the main Grandstands across from the paddock I could only catch THE START on the Jumbotron in front of me.
I noticed Webber, per his style, made his expected (and eye-rolling) crummy start.
By the time Vettel came into view at Turn 6, I could see he had already opened a gap to Grosjean.
Coming thru 7,8,9, I could see the gap increasing.
Believe it or not, if I watched closely, it was possible for me to see, with the naked eyes, Vettel's superior speed in the turns....he's just faster, gentlemen.
Vettel continued pulling out more distance from Grosjean every lap until he felt comfortable with the gap and then just sat on it for the rest of the race.
IMO, he showed complete control of the race from the beginning until the end....the mark of a great driver.

Maybe the winner of the Austin GP was never in doubt, there was plenty of things going on behind him.
Grosjean was very impressive, particularly in holding off Webber with authority.
Hamilton faded to 4th, still a good drive for him....his teammate, not so much.
The Williams cars looked much more stable on race day, but that isn't really a compliment.
The Hulk did a terrific job, which is kinda becoming routine....the kid needs a break in 2014.
Sly Alonso managed to work his way up (his story for 2013) and managed to hold off a number of characters thru out the race: Perez, Bottas, and others.
However, The Hulk damn near caught him at the end....another lap or 2 he might have got him.
Passing our favorite Spaniard is no easy task.wink.gif

For me, the most interesting and hard fought on-track battle was between the Marussia of Jules Bianchi and the 2 beautifully green Caterhams....seriously.
Possibly the very survival of one or both of these 2 teams was at stake here....
As everyone knows, whichever team finishes last in the team standings will get ZZZZERO winnings from Bernie.

During the 3 days, I came to fall in love with this little team of Marussia.
They seemed to run every single lap available to them...often being the only car running around.
With their screaming Cosworth and plucky attitude, it was hard NOT to pull for 'em.
Lap after lap to the checkered flag Bianchi held off the 2 Caterham boys....in was a very gutty performance IMO.
Hats off to the guys in red, white, and black.

Although there wasn't really much high drama, so to speak, I thoroughly enjoyed the race anyway.
A thrill of a lifetime....

COMING UP: The Bloody Aftermath.
Tack, yankeeman and TeflonSoul like this.

post #4704 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Glad to see you were the voice of reason but I must admit I was kinda hoping for some drunken hooligan antics and some nudity,but it is what it is.LOL.
At my advanced age, thru a lot of trial and error (and I mean ALOT) I have learned sometimes discretion can be the better part of valor drunkenness....also knowing I would have to explain this to MY BOSS (wife) later tempered my, uhhh...enthusiasm.

Quote:
How did those cars found with a bit of a hangover?
Not bad....after a few beers.

Quote:
When we went to Indy in 2000.we got to the track early and were some of the first there .Mclaren had a demo car in front of their tent while, I didn't see anyone around I gave my friends son my camera while I tried to sit my fat a** into the car for a pic. About the time I got into the car and slide into the seat,I felt this large hand grab me by the scruff of my neck and jerk me out of the car. This huge German dude was screaming at me in German.My friends boy took off crying,security showed up,calmed the big man down and took me to the office. Took my name and warned me I would be tossed if there was another incident. Happily,all ended well.
LMAO...I can't top that story.....well done, sir.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

You are all man, partner! I haven't been able to drink like that in 20 years, maybe longer. These days, though, it is hell to get up in the morning knowing that that's the best I will feel all day. smile.gif
Slow and steady wins the race.wink.gif

post #4705 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

(wife)

Oh no!! Another one in parenthesis! We're gonna have to get a group buy on some Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerators. wink.gif
post #4706 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 05:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Oh no!! Another one in parenthesis! We're gonna have to get a group buy on some Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerators. wink.gif
I'm feelin left out. But in this case I think thats a good thing.

post #4707 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm thinking more of an exorcism is in order,BTW 007,your not missing much. Get a dog. :-)
post #4708 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'm thinking more of an exorcism is in order,BTW 007,your not missing much. Get a dog. :-)
That is a true LOL.

post #4709 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I'm feelin left out.

Hey, we still have each other.

post #4710 of 4793 Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hey, we still have each other.

You just made me choke because I was laughing so hard. I hope you feel bad.

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page