post #811 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Also it was announced that Webber will not be offered a contract with Red Bull in 2014.

I saw that article as well, however, it is speculation from a German newspaper. I find it very humorous. It is 2 races into the season, Mark hasn't done anything wrong, he has only had annual contracts for years now and has Mateschitz's backing, but yet a German paper knows what's going to happen at the end of the season? Yeah right!

Red Bull's response:

Red Bull insists that such talk is nothing more than speculation and that it wasn't the time to be discussing next year.

"We are two races into the current season and it's far too early to be talking about 2014," the team said in a statement to the BBC. "Mark and Seb have driven together since 2009 and the pairing has achieved 35 wins, 80 podiums, 13 one-two finishes and six Formula 1 world championships.

"This successful period includes some spells of intense on-track rivalry between the two drivers, which began in Turkey 2010 and has seen both drivers ignoring team orders at different times. The team has managed the situation each time in its own way behind closed doors.

"It's pure speculation that Mark will not drive with the team in 2014. Mark's contract has been renewed for the last few years on an annual basis - he has continually chosen to drive for the team each year and the team has similarly wanted to continue working with him, as he is an excellent driver and a competitive racer."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

"What's she doing there?"smile.gif

My thoughts exactly. As soon as shes back here in the, uh, compound, I plan on having a stern talking to with her. Hrmmpf. smile.gif

Seriously though, I don't know who it was but there was a blonde in someones paddock they showed during the race..... heartbreaker for sure. ♥
post #813 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

I saw that article as well, however, it is speculation from a German newspaper. I find it very humorous. It is 2 races into the season, Mark hasn't done anything wrong, he has only had annual contracts for years now and has Mateschitz's backing, but yet a German paper knows what's going to happen at the end of the season? Yeah right!

Red Bull's response:

Red Bull insists that such talk is nothing more than speculation and that it wasn't the time to be discussing next year.

"We are two races into the current season and it's far too early to be talking about 2014," the team said in a statement to the BBC. "Mark and Seb have driven together since 2009 and the pairing has achieved 35 wins, 80 podiums, 13 one-two finishes and six Formula 1 world championships.

"This successful period includes some spells of intense on-track rivalry between the two drivers, which began in Turkey 2010 and has seen both drivers ignoring team orders at different times. The team has managed the situation each time in its own way behind closed doors.

"It's pure speculation that Mark will not drive with the team in 2014. Mark's contract has been renewed for the last few years on an annual basis - he has continually chosen to drive for the team each year and the team has similarly wanted to continue working with him, as he is an excellent driver and a competitive racer."
Thats more like it. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #814 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

My thoughts exactly. As soon as shes back here in the, uh, compound, I plan on having a stern talking to with her. Hrmmpf. smile.gif

Seriously though, I don't know who it was but there was a blonde in someones paddock they showed during the race..... heartbreaker for sure. ♥
Those are a dime a dozen for an F1 driver. Different one (or two) every night if you want. smile.gif

post #815 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Those are a dime a dozen for an F1 driver. Different one (or two) every night if you want. smile.gif

What ever happened to "women weaken legs!" wink.gif
post #816 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

What ever happened to "women weaken legs!" wink.gif
biggrin.gif They probably save their "fluids" a day or 2 before the races.

post #817 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Seriously though, I don't know who it was but there was a blonde in someones paddock they showed during the race..... heartbreaker for sure. ?

Either of these?

They've both been together for several years.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #818 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Is that the girl who stands behind Vettel during interviews from the pits?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #819 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

It does look like her but I think that girl is some sort of employee.

post #820 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

It does look like her but I think that girl is some sort of employee.
I thought maybe she too worked for RB?

post #821 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Either of these?

They've both been together for several years.

Nah, I have no idea really.

I personally dont get the Nichole thing. Lil too much Fran Drescher for me.

Kimi aint exactly slumming.

post #822 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, that's Britta, his press lady.

http://www.flagworld.com/news/2010/07/08/vettel-appoints-own-press-spokeswoman/

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #823 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Nah, I have no idea really.

I personally dont get the Nichole thing. Lil too much Fran Drescher for me.

Kimi aint exactly slumming.
Hes in love. cool.gif

post #824 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

No, that's Britta, his press lady.

http://www.flagworld.com/news/2010/07/08/vettel-appoints-own-press-spokeswoman/
Ah, OK.
I've noticed she always has a small digital voice recorder trained on him.

post #825 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah, OK.
I've noticed she always has a small digital voice recorder trained on him.

Yeah, she really pays attention. Think of her job description - manage the live press relations of an international sports celebrity, who is the figurehead of an organization with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake every year.

With a recording, she can prove it if he's misquoted, and scold him if he's accurately quoted biggrin.gif

post #826 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Here is some Detroit muscle music, courtesy of a 494ci Ford Can-Am motor (skip ahead to the 14:30 mark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMb7KV60M5s

post #827 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:

I agree with everything you said.

Ferrari has said basically the same thing, hence the payola.

I don't totally agree. Exactly what would Ferrari do without F1? There isn't a lot of prestige in sports car, so like it or not they are stuck with F1. I might add that before Schumi went to Ferrari they had pretty much sucked for twenty years.

On the flip side, Ferrari does bring a lot of casual fans, so there is a lot of value added with that. I often wonder why so many like Ferrari over say Mercedes or Renault. I guess it is like a fan of a sports team that has never visited the town or didn't attend the college. By the way, I own two Mercedes, so I guess I should be on the Mclaren or Merc bandwagon. smile.gif

As for the women, Nico and Seb could get much more attractive women in Sobe. Is it me or does Nico look a little to Metro?

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #828 of 4793 Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

I don't totally agree. Exactly what would Ferrari do without F1? There isn't a lot of prestige in sports car, so like it or not they are stuck with F1. I might add that before Schumi went to Ferrari they had pretty much sucked for twenty years.

On the flip side, Ferrari does bring a lot of casual fans, so there is a lot of value added with that. I often wonder why so many like Ferrari over say Mercedes or Renault. I guess it is like a fan of a sports team that has never visited the town or didn't attend the college. By the way, I own two Mercedes, so I guess I should be on the Mclaren or Merc bandwagon. smile.gif

As for the women, Nico and Seb could get much more attractive women in Sobe. Is it me or does Nico look a little to Metro?
Ferrari went 16 years without a Constructors Championship which is by far the longest streak. But to say they pretty much sucked is far overstating it. They were competitive but didnt win much. Those were the glory days of Williams and McLaren.
Many people like Ferrari because of their history and tradition of winning. If you dont understand the appeal I cant explain it. I encourage you to give Mercedes your support. Im sure they would appreciate it. They have 10 wins compared to 219 for Ferrari (the most of any team).
As for your question about what would Ferrari do without F1? I guess they would just keep making the baddest road going cars on the planet. But since that question is about as likely as "What would the Air Force do if we had world peace?" Im not too concerned with it. smile.gif

post #829 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
There is a magic to the Ferrari name that no other car has, whether it be racing car or passenger car. The great RED cars are so impressive, i have always rooted for Ferrari. In regular exotic cars, to me you cant beat Lamborghini for outrageous aggressive styling, yet if i had the money to buy a supercar, i would buy a Ferrari. Its hard to explain, but its like me living and dying for the New York Yankees, Ferrari and the Yankees are legends in sports and seem to transcend their sport. People all over the world root for them.

never take life seriously
post #830 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

There is a magic to the Ferrari name that no other car has, whether it be racing car or passenger car. The great RED cars are so impressive, i have always rooted for Ferrari. In regular exotic cars, to me you cant beat Lamborghini for outrageous aggressive styling, yet if i had the money to buy a supercar, i would buy a Ferrari. Its hard to explain, but its like me living and dying for the New York Yankees, Ferrari and the Yankees are legends in sports and seem to transcend their sport. People all over the world root for them.

LOL, probably because the Yanks win a lot smile.gif Ferrari not so much - before Schumi, I count 8 titles each for constructor and driver from '58 and '50 respectively.

post #831 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

With a recording, she can prove it if he's misquoted, and scold him if he's accurately quoted biggrin.gif
I think you're right there.tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

. Exactly what would Ferrari do without F1? There isn't a lot of prestige in sports car, so like it or not they are stuck with F1.
I agree there isn't a lot of prestige with sports car racing (sadly).

Quote:
I often wonder why so many like Ferrari over say Mercedes or Renault.
This....vvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

There is a magic to the Ferrari name that no other car has, whether it be racing car or passenger car. Ferrari and the Yankees are legends in sports and seem to transcend their sport. People all over the world root for them.

post #832 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

LOL, probably because the Yanks win a lot smile.gif Ferrari not so much - before Schumi, I count 8 titles each for constructor and driver from '58 and '50 respectively.
Hence the magic. smile.gif No, seriously, I dont understand what your post even means but it is misleading. They have 16 Constructors titles which is more than any other team and 219 race wins which is more than any other team. Ferrari does not dominate F1 for wins but they are definitely the winningest team. The Schumacher era is obviously helpful but even without it they are more successful than any other team. That is undisputable. And if you want to remove their dominance with Schumacher then lets remove McLarens short lived dominance and remove Williams short lived dominance and see how that works out. Then no other team would even be close to Ferrari.
To really understand the Ferrari "magic" you need to know the history and not just look at the stats on Wikipedia. The fact that EVERY driver wants to drive for Ferrari before they retire is enough proof for me.
steve1971 likes this.

post #833 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I think Ferrari and Bernie look at it like a form of MAD. Nobody wants to find out what would happen, and hey, the caish is rolling anyway.

I think the current road cars except for the 599 would have old Enzo turning in his grave. They used to have beautiful rounded shapes.

Nico is ALL metro smile.gif I bet he spends more time getting ready to go out than his date.
post #834 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think the current road cars except for the 599 would have old Enzo turning in his grave. They used to have beautiful rounded shapes.
Hard to say. The last one he oversaw was the F40 and its not very rounded. Lamborghini is the one who has gone with the sharp angle dominated cars. After the Diablo everything started having very sharp angles to it.

post #835 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I disagree, to some extent.

Here is the current line-up:
http://www.ferrari.com/english/gt_sport%20cars/currentrange/Pages/current_range.aspx

Oink's Supercar Ratings (based on aesthetics only)
458 coupe = 9
458 roadster = 8
F12 berlinetta = 7
FF = 6
California = 4

IMO, the most "beautiful" car is the Aston Martin Vantage.

Quote:
Nico is ALL metro smile.gif I bet he spends more time getting ready to go out than his date.
Not surprising, he was raised as European royalty....wink.gif

post #836 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 240
I am a die hard Ferrari fan...always have been and always will be. I sure miss the Schumacher years but Fernando is doing a good job as well as Massa this year. Ferrari needs to unseat Red Bull this year some how some way.
post #837 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I am a die hard Ferrari fan...always have been and always will be. I sure miss the Schumacher years but Fernando is doing a good job as well as Massa this year. Ferrari needs to unseat Red Bull this year some how some way.
If Massa can stay in good form, barring and bad luck, I think they will. And I say that because they need him for the Constructors title. Ferrari would have easily gotten 2nd last year if Massa was driving like this all year.

post #838 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I disagree, to some extent.

Here is the current line-up:
http://www.ferrari.com/english/gt_sport%20cars/currentrange/Pages/current_range.aspx

Oink's Supercar Ratings (based on aesthetics only)
458 coupe = 9
458 roadster = 8
F12 berlinetta = 7
FF = 6
California = 4

Well that's where people have different tastes. Id flip your list and kick out the FF. I don't really think my vote counts as I seem to have left my checkbook somewhere smile.gif
But I was talking more about what Enzo woulda thought.

The Enzo was pure race car and terribly attractive to me.
Although, the lines got more angular if you let "Dietrich" borrow it.

PCH
post #839 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well that's where people have different tastes. Id flip your list and kick out the FF. I don't really think my vote counts as I seem to have left my checkbook somewhere smile.gif
But I was talking more about what Enzo woulda thought.

PCH
WOW!
Have you seen the Enzo replacement? La Ferrari
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=22M9f7NieJw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D22M9f7NieJw

post #840 of 4793 Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I am a fan of both teams and wouldn't mind at all if Ferrari takes the 2 championships this year.

Quote:

Well that's where people have different tastes. Id flip your list and kick out the FF.
I would be the first to admit the FF is a silly car for Ferrari to build...all-wheel drive?
Uh, no.eek.gif

Quote:
Agreed...so was the F40.

Quote:

PCH
I remember that.
Funny, stupid, and sad....all at the same time.rolleyes.gif

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page