The Voice, Season 4, March 25th, 2013, NBC HD - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

No surprise last night .. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm about to the point of ready for it to be over ..

Had I not seen the iTunes results, I would have been surprised. I honestly liked Holly and thought she did a good job every week, including this one.

How the hell do the Swons keep surviving? If they are getting the token "heartthrob" vote, then one would think Josiah would be here much longer than they are. I just don't get it, but then again how the hell did Terry come in 2nd last season. He sucked!

I have a question about this whole Top 10 iTunes bump. I know it was said that Danielle will get it because she was the only one to break it, thus almost insuring her victory, but now I see Michelle has broken the Top 10 as well. Does she get a bump too and if so does that mean she may actually have a shot at winning it all?
Tom Imp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post



Had I not seen the iTunes results, I would have been surprised. I honestly liked Holly and thought she did a good job every week, including this one.

How the hell do the Swons keep surviving? If they are getting the token "heartthrob" vote, then one would think Josiah would be here much longer than they are. I just don't get it, but then again how the hell did Terry come in 2nd last season. He sucked!

I have a question about this whole Top 10 iTunes bump. I know it was said that Danielle will get it because she was the only one to break it, thus almost insuring her victory, but now I see Michelle has broken the Top 10 as well. Does she get a bump too and if so does that mean she may actually have a shot at winning it all?

Yes .. I believe Michelle was the only one to break the top 10 this week, so it's possible now that there is a horse race heating up ..

I think what worked against Holly was her obvious insecurity on stage ..

In a way, Terry was much like the Swons .. he did not really stretch out of his comfort zone and stuck to material that he knew .. and Terry had a couple "moments" that helped carry him along as well ..

I'm waiting for the Swons to do some Brooks & Dunn and I'm surprised they have not yet ..

And sorry, but Cass "debut" last night with her single .. nothing special there IMO ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #303 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yeah, we are pretty much OverDosed on singing shows too. It should be a little better next year though, as the wife and I decided that this is the last year of Idol for us.
rsambuca is offline  
post #304 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Yeah, we are pretty much OverDosed on singing shows too. It should be a little better next year though, as the wife and I decided that this is the last year of Idol for us.
I'm so happy for you. Congratulations. wink.gif
BoilerJim is offline  
post #305 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Yeah, we are pretty much OverDosed on singing shows too. It should be a little better next year though, as the wife and I decided that this is the last year of Idol for us.

We quit Idol a few years back .. just could not take it anymore ..

And this year, it's no more Americas Got Talent .. and I was a pretty big fan of the show for a while .. even was in the audience for a few audition shows .. but last year, it just got so boring, reruns of the Gong Show would have been more entertaining ..

Plus, there is so much content anymore to try, sometimes you just have to draw the line .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #306 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 17,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I was elected Emperor of TV, I would immediately institute the following rule: No reality competition show can air on more than one night per week, and the total number of weekly hours cannot exceed three. Punishment for violating this Prime Directive: cancellation, no matter how ridiculously inflated the ratings.

Idol started this appalling glut where these shows are on multiple nights, sometimes eating up 5 or even 6 primetime hours per week. If, say, you have a spouse that likes these things, there is literally no time for anything else. Somebody needs to make them stop!
mgkdragn likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #307 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

..

Plus, there is so much content anymore to try, sometimes you just have to draw the line .. eek.gif
Yeah, I could actually do with another writers and/or actors strike. Got too much stuff backlogged - Hard Drives are all busting at the seams.biggrin.gif
mgkdragn likes this.
rsambuca is offline  
post #308 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

No surprise last night .. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm about to the point of ready for it to be over ..

I reached that point weeks ago. Not a single compelling artist on the show outside of the judges, and they're not compelling anymore since they repeat the same weak compliments after every performance. X Factor and Idol are horrendous shows. The Voice now is just mediocre, but that's still not good enough to get me to watch anymore.
mgkdragn likes this.
skyehill is offline  
post #309 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I reached that point weeks ago. Not a single compelling artist on the show outside of the judges, and they're not compelling anymore since they repeat the same weak compliments after every performance. X Factor and Idol are horrendous shows. The Voice now is just mediocre, but that's still not good enough to get me to watch anymore.

Truth be told, I'm only hanging on because my wife wants to and since we've invested this far .. I like Sasha and Amber but I don't see a win out of either .. if Michelle wins it, at least it would be vindication for singers ..

And you're right on the Coaches commentary ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #310 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post


Not a single compelling artist on the show outside of the judges, and they're not compelling anymore since they repeat the same weak compliments after every performance.


This is why I virtually never care who the judges are... after a couple of weeks it's nothing but repeats. On average (for me) there is one contestant per season (on each of these shows) I'd actually watch perform on a late night show... more in the line of artist than singer so they tend to go out towards the end. The reality side of it is gone... far too many shows and seasons to actually care who wins. At this point I think the show with the best gimmick wins only to be trumped when the next one that comes along... much like single bars.

Charles R is offline  
post #311 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The only things I honestly care about in regards to the coaches is when they joke around and take shots at each other. That can get quite comical at times.

Oh, and the other thing is checking out Christina's and Shakira's racks. biggrin.gif
Tom Imp is offline  
post #312 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Cassadee Pope's single hit #1 on iTunes. How? It's the most generic sounding track I've heard in awhile. It's also apparently a country track, but I don't really hear much country in it.
skyehill is offline  
post #313 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Cassadee Pope's single hit #1 on iTunes. How? It's the most generic sounding track I've heard in awhile. It's also apparently a country track, but I don't really hear much country in it.

I'll second that .. I've heard more engaging farts ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #314 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

No surprise last night .. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm about to the point of ready for it to be over ..

Dunno. I'm hanging in hoping that Michelle can upset Danielle, and that Shakira's wardrobe will be less conservative than last night's. BTW, I still think "The Boys" deserved to go home last night more so than Holly. Oh well...

Is it just me, or all most of the singers (even those remaining) quite "pitchy" in low volume stretches? (Amber can get "pitchy" at any time.

And, while "Crazy" may have been a hit for Patsy Cline, it was Willie Nelson's song.
mgkdragn likes this.
domino92024 is offline  
post #315 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Dunno. I'm hanging in hoping that Michelle can upset Danielle, and that Shakira's wardrobe will be less conservative than last night's. BTW, I still think "The Boys" deserved to go home last night more so than Holly. Oh well...

Is it just me, or all most of the singers (even those remaining) quite "pitchy" in low volume stretches? (Amber can get "pitchy" at any time.

And, while "Crazy" may have been a hit for Patsy Cline, it was Willie Nelson's song.

Yep, it was Willie's tune ..

The best spot on pitch of any remaining is Michelle and she's been very consistent throughout .. I tend to forgive a lot of what I hear as pitchy due to the many years I spent behind a console and know how tough it is in a live scenario .. in a studio, that kind of stuff can be easily corrected .. I'm mainly looking for who can flat out own a performance .. it does not have to be technically perfect, but it should always convey emotion

I would have sent the Swons home as well .. if we'd had a double elimination, I'm sure they would be gone ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #316 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
DSperber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Posts: 5,399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm about to the point of ready for it to be over ..
I really CANNOT STAND THE SHRIEKING AND SQUEALING AND SCREAMING!!! This just not what humans do in a reasonably well behaved audience.

Everybody on stage is therefore screaming back into their microphones, because nobody can hear anything. Carson is screaming as if he's trying to save his life.

Then the stupid audience claps and sways in rhythm to ANY PIECE OF MUSIC, which is extremely childish and distracting. AND RIDICULOUS!!!

This is really really terrible production, that they encourage this behavior. Really a horrible audience.

May be the last year for me (once again, as I said last year but somehow got sucked in again to see Shakira), because I cannot stand to hear this high-volume squealing from humans. It's just not normal. This show is now truly the absolute worst and undisputed most annoying offender of all the current crop of shows (as I've mentioned before, "Chelsea Lately", "Daily Show", "Colbert Report" are all guilty of this nonsense) pushing audience squealing.
DSperber is offline  
post #317 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Live shows that have a predominately young crowd all suffer from loud audience participation .. no matter if it's on TV or at a venue .. rude, obnoxious and loud is the order of the day .. especially rude .. many, many clowns in audiences these days as well .. and I don't mean face paint clowns ..

But, to be fair, even back in the 1960's, we'd party pretty loud at times too .. we were just not as rude ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #318 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
Shedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: san diego, ca.
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

No surprise last night .. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm about to the point of ready for it to be over ..

Holly fell pretty far below the curve this week, so the result was somewhat predictable ...even though I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Swon's go instead.

There are only 2 performance shows left, the winner is named on June 18. It looks like the final week will be a 4 person vote, which could lead to some possible vote splitting.

I'm interested in the lack of enthusiasm I see around forums for Danielle Bradbury. It seems that while her performances are good, it is the same thing every song. Are voters losing interest?

Also, I checked the official rules about the "Cumulative iTunes Vote Total" that is applied at the finale, it's the total number of iTunes purchases of an artist's Eligible Songs during the entire period of May 13th through June 17th, including any (10X) bonus points earned during the open voting hours each week.

spoiler window for space only (Click to show)
Following the broadcast of the finale performance episode, the artist receiving the highest number of total audience votes will be declared the winner of "The Voice". The audience vote consists of the cumulative number of votes received during the finale's voting window by Toll Free telephone votes, online votes and Sprint SMS votes, in addition to the "Cumulative iTunes Vote Total". The "Cumulative iTunes Vote Total" means the total number of iTunes purchases of an artist's Eligible Songs from the live performances that air commencing on May 13, 2013, and continuing through and including the finale, up to a limit of one (1) download per Eligible Song per valid iTunes account, including any iTunes Bonuses (if any) previously earned by the artist. For the sake of clarity, the Cumulative iTunes Vote Total will include iTunes downloads of Eligible Songs, up to a limit of one (1) download per Eligible Song per valid iTunes account, beginning at the opening of the voting window for the May 13th episode and continuing until the close of the voting window for the finale, and thus will include downloads occurring during and outside the applicable voting windows for the performance episodes airing on May 13th through June 17th.
Shedrock is offline  
post #319 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Holly fell pretty far below the curve this week, so the result was somewhat predictable ...even though I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Swon's go instead.

There are only 2 performance shows left, the winner is named on June 18. It looks like the final week will be a 3 person vote, which could lead to some possible vote splitting.

I'm interested in the lack of enthusiasm I see around forums for Danielle Bradbury. It seems that while her performances are good, it is the same thing every song. Are voters losing interest?

With all due respect to those on the thread that are fans, Danielle was never that good .. her problem is not the fact that she can carry a tune, it's her delivery ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #320 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Holly fell pretty far below the curve this week, so the result was somewhat predictable ...even though I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Swon's go instead.

There are only 2 performance shows left, the winner is named on June 18. It looks like the final week will be a 3 person vote, which could lead to some possible vote splitting.

I'm interested in the lack of enthusiasm I see around forums for Danielle Bradbury. It seems that while her performances are good, it is the same thing every song. Are voters losing interest?

With all due respect to those on the thread that are fans, Danielle was never that good .. her problem is not the fact that she can carry a tune, it's her delivery ..

Yes, but with country music, she can get away with it.
domino92024 is offline  
post #321 of 411 Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

With all due respect to those on the thread that are fans, Danielle was never that good .. her problem is not the fact that she can carry a tune, it's her delivery ..

Danielle has done remarkably well for someone 16 years old. The problem for such youth, besides the technical side, is that bringing off the emotions to sell a song is almost impossible in love songs, which are the staple of music of this type show. She may be able to bring off a win based on her fresh-faced wholesomeness and hitting the notes as she has done singing about "Grandpa" and the like, but bringing us along in a romance or broken love affair and not feeling like we are being a party to puppy-love is not in the offing, I am betting. Even the awesome young talent of a Leeann Rimes when she was 16 had to wait for some maturity to make the sale.

Some very few young singers have succeeded, such as Scotty McCreery, and perhaps Danielle has enough to take her over the top, but I doubt it.

Danielle has every chance to mature into a great beauty with the chops to bring it all off down the road. I think Blake knows he has a responsibility to nurture a real talent so young, and has done it the right way so far.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #322 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Blake Shelton Slams Music Critic Over 'Voice' Contestant Comments

(Strong language in paras 5,11 and 12)

By Tim Kenneally | Reuters – 12 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - A "Voice" coach's penchant for calling it as he sees it has once again generated controversy.

A mere week after Adam Levine grabbed headlines by blurting out "I hate this country" on the NBC singing competition, Blake Shelton has found himself in a no-doubt unwanted spotlight, after going off on a music critic via Twitter.

Shelton hurled industrial-size portions of vitriol at Houston Chronicle music critic Joey Guerra on Tuesday night, after Guerra wrote about contestant Holly Tucker's departure in less-than-kind words.

In a series of venomous tweets, Shelton called Guerra a spineless coward.

Just kidding; Shelton was much harsher, characterizing Guerra as a "chicken s***" who lacks the "b****" to criticize Tucker - a member of Shelton's team - to Shelton's face.

"OH. Holly Tucker is gone. It took much too long," Guerra wrote in his recap of Tuesday night's episode. "But finally. Back to Baylor University in Waco for you, madam."

That was enough to make Shelton engage in a flurry of what would no doubt be called "fightin' words" in Shelton's neck of the woods.

"It's people like you @joeyguerra that make me sick... Holly is not only a talented singer but a great person that's simply chasing a dream," Shelton wrote.

And then he got nasty.

"How about you @joeyguerra grow some b**** and come tell me to my face how terrible some of these kids are face to face..?" Shelton asked of the critic. "You won't. Ever."

And, "You @joeyguerra are a chicken s***. I can't stand a person that makes a point to write hurtful things about kids just trying their best."

And lest Guerra forget just what variety of farmhouse excrement that Shelton believes him to be, the country singer reiterated, "How much do y'all wanna bet he'd NEVER criticize my team OR me like that face to face.... Chicken s***."

Shelton later apologized to his three-million Twitter followers - but notably, not to Guerra - in a tweet explaining that he's "passionate" about nurturing young talent.

"I'm sorry for going off y'all...," Shelton wrote. "But I am passionate about encouraging young people to follow their dreams.. We GOOD people don't need hate."

Except, apparently, when it comes to hating poison-penned music critics.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/blake-shelton-slams-music-critic-over-voice-contestant-233139357.html

WilliamR is offline  
post #323 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Viventis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

I really CANNOT STAND THE SHRIEKING AND SQUEALING AND SCREAMING!!! This just not what humans do in a reasonably well behaved audience.
.
Just curious. Do you ever go to pop/rock/country concerts ?
Viventis is offline  
post #324 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Blake Shelton Slams Music Critic Over 'Voice' Contestant Comments

(Strong language in paras 5,11 and 12)

By Tim Kenneally | Reuters – 12 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - A "Voice" coach's penchant for calling it as he sees it has once again generated controversy.

A mere week after Adam Levine grabbed headlines by blurting out "I hate this country" on the NBC singing competition, Blake Shelton has found himself in a no-doubt unwanted spotlight, after going off on a music critic via Twitter.

Shelton hurled industrial-size portions of vitriol at Houston Chronicle music critic Joey Guerra on Tuesday night, after Guerra wrote about contestant Holly Tucker's departure in less-than-kind words.

In a series of venomous tweets, Shelton called Guerra a spineless coward.

Just kidding; Shelton was much harsher, characterizing Guerra as a "chicken s***" who lacks the "b****" to criticize Tucker - a member of Shelton's team - to Shelton's face.

"OH. Holly Tucker is gone. It took much too long," Guerra wrote in his recap of Tuesday night's episode. "But finally. Back to Baylor University in Waco for you, madam."

That was enough to make Shelton engage in a flurry of what would no doubt be called "fightin' words" in Shelton's neck of the woods.

"It's people like you @joeyguerra that make me sick... Holly is not only a talented singer but a great person that's simply chasing a dream," Shelton wrote.

And then he got nasty.

"How about you @joeyguerra grow some b**** and come tell me to my face how terrible some of these kids are face to face..?" Shelton asked of the critic. "You won't. Ever."

And, "You @joeyguerra are a chicken s***. I can't stand a person that makes a point to write hurtful things about kids just trying their best."

And lest Guerra forget just what variety of farmhouse excrement that Shelton believes him to be, the country singer reiterated, "How much do y'all wanna bet he'd NEVER criticize my team OR me like that face to face.... Chicken s***."

Shelton later apologized to his three-million Twitter followers - but notably, not to Guerra - in a tweet explaining that he's "passionate" about nurturing young talent.

"I'm sorry for going off y'all...," Shelton wrote. "But I am passionate about encouraging young people to follow their dreams.. We GOOD people don't need hate."

Except, apparently, when it comes to hating poison-penned music critics.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/blake-shelton-slams-music-critic-over-voice-contestant-233139357.html


Bravo Blake! biggrin.gif
Tom Imp is offline  
post #325 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Blake Shelton Slams Music Critic Over 'Voice' Contestant Comments



Except, apparently, when it comes to hating poison-penned music critics.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/blake-shelton-slams-music-critic-over-voice-contestant-233139357.html

Blake needs to cutback on those "special" Starbucks ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #326 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
DSperber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Posts: 5,399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

Just curious. Do you ever go to pop/rock/country concerts ?
I do not. But if this incredible SQUEALING has become the new normal for audience behavior at any live venue (including small audiences in studios for TV shows, where this same obnoxious behavior occurs), we are doomed.

Personally, I'm more convinced than ever that this is possibly artificially enhanced and added to the audio mix, just like a laugh track is. Hard to believe that people would make those squealing noises as "on demand" and timed perfectly and for extended duration as they are, when there's nothing happening to justify such abnormally ebullient reactions. You try to make such a noise yourself... it's just not possible.

Plus, the fact that the same shrieking and squealing is now on many many shows... I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a commercial sound effects source for this noise, just like a laugh track machine, that all these shows have acquired and made available for their audio mix engineering team to add in to the live audio.

This is simply not human response, of ordinary people... at least that I've ever heard at the live concerts I've gone to in the past (granted, limited experience). I've heard applause, laughter, cheering, hooting, standing and clapping, etc, but not pig-squealing and shrieking at inhuman decibel levels..
DSperber is offline  
post #327 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Kick all the little teen girls out and that would dramatically cut back on that high pitched squealing. biggrin.gif
Tom Imp is offline  
post #328 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Danielle has done remarkably well for someone 16 years old. The problem for such youth, besides the technical side, is that bringing off the emotions to sell a song is almost impossible in love songs, which are the staple of music of this type show. She may be able to bring off a win based on her fresh-faced wholesomeness and hitting the notes as she has done singing about "Grandpa" and the like, but bringing us along in a romance or broken love affair and not feeling like we are being a party to puppy-love is not in the offing, I am betting. Even the awesome young talent of a Leeann Rimes when she was 16 had to wait for some maturity to make the sale.

Some very few young singers have succeeded, such as Scotty McCreery, and perhaps Danielle has enough to take her over the top, but I doubt it.

Danielle has every chance to mature into a great beauty with the chops to bring it all off down the road. I think Blake knows he has a responsibility to nurture a real talent so young, and has done it the right way so far.

I don't disagree with your post .. but I will add that Rimes had the highest weekly sales at the time of any Country album in history with "Blue" .. at the age of 13 .. and the critics at the time hailed her as able to convey an emotional, heartfelt, sexy performance that transcended her age .. in fact, some believed she was an adult and the studio lied about her age ..

I wish Danielle all the best, really .. but the real world of music is tough, tough, tough unless you are in that rare area where a studio is willing to throw whatever money it takes at you to make you a star ..

And I don't want to incur the wrath of Blake Shelton .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #329 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

I do not. But if this incredible SQUEALING has become the new normal for audience behavior at any live venue (including small audiences in studios for TV shows, where this same obnoxious behavior occurs), we are doomed.

Personally, I'm more convinced than ever that this is possibly artificially enhanced and added to the audio mix, just like a laugh track is. Hard to believe that people would make those squealing noises as "on demand" and timed perfectly and for extended duration as they are, when there's nothing happening to justify such abnormally ebullient reactions. You try to make such a noise yourself... it's just not possible.

Plus, the fact that the same shrieking and squealing is now on many many shows... I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a commercial sound effects source for this noise, just like a laugh track machine, that all these shows have acquired and made available for their audio mix engineering team to add in to the live audio.

This is simply not human response, of ordinary people... at least that I've ever heard at the live concerts I've gone to in the past (granted, limited experience). I've heard applause, laughter, cheering, hooting, standing and clapping, etc, but not pig-squealing and shrieking at inhuman decibel levels..

There are ways to minimize that noise if the engineer wanted to or was allowed to .. I'll lay money on the fact that the "warm up" guy prompts the audience and in fact, instructs them on what they should do at certain times ..

Go back to Elvis / The Beatles .. etc and listen to some live tracks .. it is certainly within human vocal ability to make that noise ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #330 of 411 Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
DSperber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Posts: 5,399
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Go back to Elvis / The Beatles .. etc and listen to some live tracks .. it is certainly within human vocal ability to make that noise ..
But when America saves the Swon Brothers??? For minutes on end???
DSperber is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off