The Voice, Season 4, March 25th, 2013, NBC HD - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Nicolas David...
I was listening to him singing, but was also literally laughing at the screen at the visual train wreck that happening at the same time.

My eyes were drawn to his old man's white walking shoes with the Velcro straps. The guy is definitely not just another pretty face. I enjoy his persona as well as his singing.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

My eyes were drawn to his old man's white walking shoes with the Velcro straps. The guy is definitely not just another pretty face. I enjoy his persona as well as his singing.

I like Nic not just because he's a great singer .. but the fact that he knows who he is, has a take it or leave it vibe and seems to care less about the cult of fashion and pandering that's so ingrained these days ..

And I believe he wore those same shoes last season ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #363 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
DSperber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Posts: 5,414
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I think that Danielle Bradbury will win this season in a walk, mostly because she is very talented
... and also mostly because at the mere age of 16 she is the ONLY singer this season who can actually carry a tune, without screaming and without screeching, and without vocal and physical histrionics.

She can actually sing. She's wonderful. She can actually carry a tune, and her voice is terrific. Carrie Underwood... watch out.

Michelle cannot sing, and cannot carry a tune. It baffles me how she has been passed through successfully to this point. She is not an "indie rocker", as Carson would have us believe. She's a "quirky" fraud with bizarre body language when she sings.

Swons??
DSperber is offline  
post #364 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
DSperber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Posts: 5,414
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

My eyes were drawn to his old man's white walking shoes with the Velcro straps. The guy is definitely not just another pretty face.
This was definitely a bizarre performance, and truly bizarre costuming. The developing flop sweat as it went along reminded me of the infamous Albert Brooks movie scene, and Blake's live performance earlier this season.

After the early part of the show last night seemed to have reduced AUDIENCE SHRIEKING AND PIG SQUEALING, I couldn't believe it when Carson announded Nic's performance and the SHRIEKS AND SQUEALS CAME OUT OF HIDING FOR 30 SECONDS!!! For him??? Why???

I then pushed FF again (really exercised it last night), and managed to complete my viewing of "the results show" in under 10 minutes. Couldn't tolerate ANY of all of the "superstars" from last seasons, coming back to "give us more" of their "new smash singles". HORRIBLE!

Thankfully, Danielle will win and all the time I've wasted on this season will be worth it in the end.
DSperber is offline  
post #365 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
BTW, did anyone watch the pilot for the new singing show "And The Winner Is" that followed the Voice on Monday night? It's got a very novel concept and there were were some very good singers on the show. It will likely have its own thread if it goes forward.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #366 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

BTW, did anyone watch the pilot for the new singing show "And The Winner Is" that followed the Voice on Monday night? It's got a very novel concept and there were were some very good singers on the show. It will likely have its own thread if it goes forward.

I've resolved to limit myself to one show .. it's just too time consuming anymore .. I gave up Americas Got Talent as well ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #367 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,958
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
I think the duo did the best and sounded the best, especially on that Seger song.

WilliamR is online now  
post #368 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I think that Danielle Bradbury will win this season in a walk, mostly because she is very talented
... and also mostly because at the mere age of 16 she is the ONLY singer this season who can actually carry a tune, without screaming and without screeching, and without vocal and physical histrionics.

She can actually sing. She's wonderful. She can actually carry a tune, and her voice is terrific. Carrie Underwood... watch out.

Disagree. At first I was very impressed, but soon found that one song sung by Danielle sounds the same as any other. The bloom is off the rose.
Quote:
Michelle cannot sing, and cannot carry a tune. It baffles me how she has been passed through successfully to this point. She is not an "indie rocker", as Carson would have us believe. She's a "quirky" fraud with bizarre body language when she sings.

Again, disagree. Michelle is sometimes a bit "pitchy" in opening soft passages, but they all have that fault. Now, if she would just lose that annoying squat (which for some reason Usher actually encouraged.) I close my eyes when I listen to Danielle and Michelle, and I actually prefer Michelle.

The Swon Bros.? Don't get me started...
domino92024 is offline  
post #369 of 411 Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
I honestly try to refrain from post quotes that I know are going to piss somebody off .. so I generally just do a stand alone post and I have always said, it's my opinion .. and we're all entitled to our opinions .. music is subjective .. some like Classical, some like Country .. etc etc ..

But, on the technical side of singing .. no one in the finals has been more consistently on pitch than Michelle .. my system is near state of the art, I use horn loaded mains and surrounds that mimic a good auditorium system and I listen close to reference level during the actual singing .. (I turn it down when there is no singing) .. I also throw the video on 110" screen in a dark environment .. all of this is not to tout my gear here, but to simply say that I believe my setup is as close to being there live as it can be ..

I've worked around music and musicians most of my life .. I've been a concert goer since I was 18 and tickets to The Beach Boys were $3.00 .. and the Beach Boys were actually the Beach Boys ..

With my gear, I hear the nuances and I see the facial expressions clearly .. in fact, I would bet that my audio beats what the mentors hear ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #370 of 411 Old 06-13-2013, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

my system is near state of the art, I use horn loaded mains and surrounds that mimic a good auditorium system and I listen close to reference level during the actual singing .. (I turn it down when there is no singing) .. I also throw the video on 110" screen in a dark environment .. all of this is not to tout my gear here, but to simply say that I believe my setup is as close to being there live as it can be ..

Can I come over for next season? wink.gif


Unless Michelle somehow pulls off the upset, that will give Blake one 2nd place finish in the first season and then 3 straight wins. Why wouldn't anyone at this point automatically pick him as their coach? Well, unless you're not a Country singer as he's shown that's all he wanted this season and the others he just used as cannon fodder in the Battle Rounds to advance his Country artists.

If he goes back to the Blake of the first 3 seasons, then people would be foolish to go with anyone else.
mgkdragn likes this.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #371 of 411 Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post



Can I come over for next season? wink.gif


Unless Michelle somehow pulls off the upset, that will give Blake one 2nd place finish in the first season and then 3 straight wins. Why wouldn't anyone at this point automatically pick him as their coach? Well, unless you're not a Country singer as he's shown that's all he wanted this season and the others he just used as cannon fodder in the Battle Rounds to advance his Country artists.

If he goes back to the Blake of the first 3 seasons, then people would be foolish to go with anyone else.

10 / 4 on that .. I still stand by my theory that there is a "Blake Factor" .. in fact, does any other mentor stand a chance against him .. ?? Especially when he loads the front end with Country ...

I like Blake .. he's charismatic, he seems to honestly care about his team, he's funny .. etc ..

But at this point, if I were a contestant, I'd be saying "I want on Blakes Team" .. and if I was not a Country singer, I'd start learning to be one ..

It's a good stretch from Springsteen Country to St Louie, and I would expect you to stock the fridge at least .. wink.gif ..
Tom Imp likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #372 of 411 Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I mentioned earlier in his thread results of a poll (which I can't find again) of The Voice viewers which found that the favorite genre of those polled was country with 38% with no other genre even close. Of course, that does not mean those polled are similarly casting votes or buying tunes in that same proportion, or that they will vote out of their favorite genre. For instance, my favorite genre is country, but Sasha was my favorite this year.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #373 of 411 Old 06-13-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

I mentioned earlier in his thread results of a poll (which I can't find again) of The Voice viewers which found that the favorite genre of those polled was country with 38% with no other genre even close. Of course, that does not mean those polled are similarly casting votes or buying tunes in that same proportion, or that they will vote out of their favorite genre. For instance, my favorite genre is country, but Sasha was my favorite this year.
I liked Sasha and I like Michelle; HOWEVER, even though she's only 16, the only contestant whose music I'd even consider spending my money on is Danielle. I like all (good) music, but country is my favorite also.
BoilerJim is online now  
post #374 of 411 Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I liked Sasha and I like Michelle; HOWEVER, even though she's only 16, the only contestant whose music I'd even consider spending my money on is Danielle. I like all (good) music, but country is my favorite also.


I think you are going to have plenty of chances to buy her recordings in the future.
BoilerJim likes this.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #375 of 411 Old 06-14-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It's a good stretch from Springsteen Country to St Louie, and I would expect you to stock the fridge at least .. wink.gif ..

Yeah, I got that part covered. biggrin.gif
Tom Imp is offline  
post #376 of 411 Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ben Lomond CA USA
Posts: 1,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I believe that Danielle will be the first contestant on The Voice to have a really big career a la Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Katharine McPhee, or Daughtrey. She is effortlessly pitch-perfect, and that's rare. Michelle is visually unappealing but actually is a very good singer, too. I think the Swon brothers will actually have a career, too. Their music is not all that exciting but always enjoyable.

My early favorite (and Entertainment Weekly's) was Amber Carrington but she faded the past couple of weeks. Sasha was, I think, the second best singer in the group but not a voting favorite. I believe this season to be easily The Voice's best for quality contestants.

Blake is a great cheerleader but not the best coach, if the snippets are accurate. Shakira is easily the strongest at picking songs and giving useful directions - but didn't have a top team.
BoilerJim likes this.
cwilson is offline  
post #377 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Good show last night. I almost became a fan of the Swon Brothers while hearing them sing the Eagles song, I Can't Tell You Why. That was one of their best performances. However, as good as the Swons and Michelle are, I would be very surprised to see anyone except Danielle win.
BoilerJim is online now  
post #378 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Even though I like Danielle, I gotta say the scheduling of last night's show was suspect. It was almost as if they were deliberately trying to showcase her for the win.

Now, I don't count the performances with their coaches as part of the voting, so that left two individual songs each. The Swons were done with both of theirs in the 1st hour! Michelle was lumped somewhere in the middle and they left Danielle's two main songs for the end of the show where she would be freshest in the voter's minds.

This is something I have always disliked about the show is the order of performances. It should basically be a loop where whatever order they went on their first song should be the same order for the next one. Instead you have a mess like what they did last night.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #379 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Even though I like Danielle, I gotta say the scheduling of last night's show was suspect. It was almost as if they were deliberately trying to showcase her for the win.

Now, I don't count the performances with their coaches as part of the voting, so that left two individual songs each. The Swons were done with both of theirs in the 1st hour! Michelle was lumped somewhere in the middle and they left Danielle's two main songs for the end of the show where she would be freshest in the voter's minds.

This is something I have always disliked about the show is the order of performances. It should basically be a loop where whatever order they went on their first song should be the same order for the next one. Instead you have a mess like what they did last night.
I thought the same thing. However, perhaps the Voice's "system" is weighted to showcase the favorites. And, face it, Danielle has a MUCH better chance of becoming a star (win or lose) than the other two acts do, something the Voice desperately needs, especially from a winner. Granted, this is only the 4th season, but American Idol had a star, Kelly Clarkson, in its first season and many more including Carrie Underwood since.
BoilerJim is online now  
post #380 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
My theory for some time here on the thread has been the deliberate staging of Danielle in order to give her the best possible advantage .. and last night was no exception

And I'll add that as much as I like Adam, his comment last night about Danielle winning was way out of line this late in the game .. I'm sure the Swons and Michelle appreciated it as well .. stacking the deck, IMO
BoilerJim likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #381 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

My theory for some time here on the thread has been the deliberate staging of Danielle in order to give her the best possible advantage .. and last night was no exception

And I'll add that as much as I like Adam, his comment last night about Danielle winning was way out of line this late in the game .. I'm sure the Swons and Michelle appreciated it as well .. stacking the deck, IMO
Yes, I agree that Adam's line and the order of performances were inappropriate. However, I like Danielle and hope she wins. And, I think she will (even if she doesn't).
BoilerJim is online now  
post #382 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 177

Whether the performance order favored one or another I don't really care. I do think breaking the performances up such as not performing the same selection method one after another is more entertaining. As an example on Idol they would spend half the show (one after another) repeating past performances and it gets rather boring. This way they break it up. Also, I don't remember a time on any of these shows when magically the last performances aren't the best. It is about ratings first and foremost.

 

Regarding Adam declaring Danielle the winner as he stated during the show what else can he say... he is about as tired as I am at hearing the same old same old. As far as being an advantage to Danielle it could go either way. Just like Usher declaring Michelle the winner.

 

My take is Danielle has an aura that goes beyond singing. She commands your attention when she sings. I'm not a fan of country however I have enjoyed her from day one... everyone else appears to be playing singer and she is a born artist. There isn't one moment you feel she shouldn't be on stage performing... even performing with Blake she glowed.

BoilerJim likes this.
Charles R is offline  
post #383 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Shedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: san diego, ca.
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
How bold of Adam to declare Danielle the winner!

Danielle has been the fastest horse in this race since the first week of live performances. She has dominated sales and Top 10 bonuses (except for 1 week where Michelle was in the Top 10 but Danielle missed it). Often, she had 6 singles in the Top 200 at the same time. Although her steady pace may have lacked highlights, it also avoided disasters (see Sasha).

For the winner to be any contestant except Danielle would be a huge upset. For Adam (or anyone) to say, "You know, I think that contestant who always tops the charts will probably win" is a little self gratifying.
Shedrock is offline  
post #384 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
I'm going to do my final recap and let the chips fall ..

At this point, the only real chance that Michelle has is the Country voters splitting the vote between the Swons and Danielle .. I predicted Danielle would win a while back and she remains the odds on favorite .. much of that due to the way the iTunes voting bump Top 10 plays in ..

Michelle remains the favorite of those that want something different, and Usher's continued mention of Michelle giving a voice to certain segments of the population does carry some weight .. it's Usher, after all ..

Blake has played it safe all season, and it's worked ..

I saw nothing especially noteworth from the Swons last night ..

Michelle's Annie Lennox’s “Why” was and is an excellent example of a deeply emotional, spot on pitch, singers voice being in perfect form coming together of just the right elements and timing .. this is an incredibly difficult song ..

Danielles repeat of "Maybe it Was Memphis" was again, a perfect clone of the Pam Tillis’ original .. listen to them both on YouTube ..

Danielle / Sara Evans’ “Born to Fly” .. there is no doubt that Danielle's voice can turn back time and find a way to transport listeners to a simpler, more relaxed time and place .. I have begun to better understand her appeal over the last 2 weeks and I think that's a big part of it .. and the old time stage sets, the family tie in's, the childhood video material .. all of that plays right into that appeal .. kudos to the producers or Blake for seeing this ..

Any way you slice it, we'll likely see the Swons and / or Danielle opening for Blake or Rascal Flatts or whoever in the latter part of 2013 .. so it's a win

And perhaps Usher will continue to work with Michelle ..

Shakira said something last night to the effect of "I'll be missing this chair for the next few months .." .. ?? Did not quite understand that one as I thought she was out next season ..

In the end, I think it's been a good season .. I don't know if it's been the best season, though .. and I still don't see a major artist coming out of it .. however, I will say that Danielle is still a young woman that is essentially an unformed block of wood that could be carved into something .. and that, I'm sure, is what Blake and the rest of the fans see ..
Tom Imp and BoilerJim like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #385 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Excellent recap. My only added prediction is that Danielle WILL be a star.
BoilerJim is online now  
post #386 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

... Shakira said something last night to the effect of "I'll be missing this chair for the next few months .." .. ?? Did not quite understand that one as I thought she was out next season ..

In the end, I think it's been a good season .. I don't know if it's been the best season, though .. and I still don't see a major artist coming out of it .. however, I will say that Danielle is still a young woman that is essentially an unformed block of wood that could be carved into something .. and that, I'm sure, is what Blake and the rest of the fans see ..
It has been announced that Xtina and Ceelo will be back for the next session in the fall, and then Shakira and Usher will be back for next spring again.
rsambuca is offline  
post #387 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

It has been announced that Xtina and Ceelo will be back for the next session in the fall, and then Shakira and Usher will be back for next spring again.

Yes, I knew that .. it just seemed to sound like she was coming back "in a few months" .. not in a year .. wishful thinking on my part .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #388 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Excellent recap. My only added prediction is that Danielle WILL be a star.

I've made a point to add a reminder to my calendar to see what happens over the next 6 months / 12 months / 18 months .. I'm interested in seeing how things develop ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #389 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Excellent recap. My only added prediction is that Danielle WILL be a star.


Wouldn't that make her the first? I don't recall any of the prior contestants being successful after the show.
zeus33 is offline  
post #390 of 411 Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Wouldn't that make her the first? I don't recall any of the prior contestants being successful after the show.

She would be the first, if she, in fact, made it to that rare area of actual stardom ..

Although, if you are able to make a living in the music business as a singer, you are doing very, very well ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off