post #181 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

One thing is obvious to me - Shakira's performance during the auditions and battlerounds was the result of artful editing/scripting. She's a lot less competent during the live shows imo.

I hate to admit it as I think she's been great so far and I already dread the possible return of Christina next season, but Shakira was a babbling mess when it came time for her to choose. She honestly sounded no better than Paula Abdul with how much she rambled on incoherently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I hate to admit it as I think she's been great so far and I already dread the possible return of Christina next season, but Shakira was a babbling mess when it came time for her to choose. She honestly sounded no better than Paula Abdul with how much she rambled on incoherently.

Myself, I tend to like that honest show of emotion ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #183 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Myself, I tend to like hot blondes with sexy accents

Fixed that for you, and I'm right there with ya.
post #184 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Fixed that for you, and I'm right there with ya.

Appreciate that .. and I still think that's why Blake broke out into a sweat ( well, maybe a little nip or two in the cup as well.. )

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #185 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Me too. And I'm also sick of the fat girl whining about not being the right body type for success.

I don't know if I'd characterize both of the big boned girls as truly fat, myself .. wink.gif ..

However, I will say that she seems to forget about a few like Adele / Kelly Clarkson / Mama Cass / Martha Wash / Missy Elliott / Queen Latifah / Jennifer Hudson and Jennifer Holliday (former big girls) and what's her name on AI is not exactly Ms Thin ..

post #186 of 411 Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

When Blake started to practically drip, I looked at my wife and said "To bad Adam does not have a roll of Bounty handy .. " .. Adam could have run up on the stage and wiped his face a la James Brown ..
And then he could have drapped a cape over Blakes shoulders as he left the stage and came back out five times! Would have been an all time time classic.
post #187 of 411 Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Sasha Allen or Danielle Bradberry.

They're both amazing.
post #188 of 411 Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Did I hear that Sasha was trained as a classical pianist? If so, I wonder when she is going to break out behind the keys? That could be killer.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #189 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

By all means Shakira, show off the girls like that for the rest of the season. Post pregnancy has definitely done you well. biggrin.gif

I'm sorry, but I personally don't see what the big deal about Judith is. Sure, she can sing, but I'm not blown away by her performances. I'd be willing to say that Sasha is better than her.

As for who I would send home tonight, I'd have to go with Garrett and Sarah. I love how this is now two weeks in a row that the other coaches couldn't even muster a single good thing to say about his performance.

Oh, and Danielle killed it AGAIN. Seriously, for being that young, she is a powerhouse.
post #190 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
According to The Wrap, both Cee Lo and XTina are in the final stages of negotiations to come back for Season 5 of the Voice. Cee Lo I don't mind, but I was getting tired of Xtina.
post #191 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

According to The Wrap, both Cee Lo and XTina are in the final stages of negotiations to come back for Season 5 of the Voice. Cee Lo I don't mind, but I was getting tired of Xtina.

Shoot, I was soo hoping they wouldn't.

post #192 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Same here. I like them both as entertainers, but I hate her attitude on the show.

Funny thing is even though I really like Cee Lo, lets be honest. He really can't sing and it's kinda ironic for him to be a coach on a show called The Voice.
post #193 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
It looks like Vedo (Usher) is definitely headed home.
Joining him might be Kris Thomas (Shakira), or possibly Holly Tucker (Blake) if there is a lot of country vote splitting.

I think Sarah Simmons is the most overrated performer this season, but she does seem to have a big fan base and sells well on iTunes.

Sasha is really riding on the excellent song from last week because that screaming mess of a song last night was horrible.
post #194 of 411 Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Both times Sasha sang it just sounded like screaming. Imo the two that stood out were Josiah and Judith. They felt like performers while the rest felt like karaoke.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #195 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

A great week, I thought ..

Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams and T.I.... "Blurred Lines" .. this thing has hit written all over it .. first thing I did was download it this morning .. great beat, great lyrics

As with some of the contestants in past seasons, I don't hear what the big deal is with Danielle Bradbury .. the one to beat .. ?? Really .. ?? She's cute but as a singer, she's average at best and never seems to put herself into the song and convey any sort of real emotion .. just essentially doing something average ..

Josiah really hit his stride this week .. I had been surprised he had made it this far, but this week he really redeemed himself ..

My girl Judith is still the best overall, IMO .. she's got the chops, she's got the talent, she's got the emotion, she's an entertainer .. if we were back in the 1960's Motown era, she would be riding the top of the charts already .. but I will say she does have some competition ..

On a side note, rumor has it Xtina will return for season 5 .. who she takes the place of, who knows .. however, out of the new coaches, I really hope Shakira stays .. I like Usher, but I like Shakira more ..

It was interesting that the freshman coaches were the only that had folks go home .. and Usher did not look to happy about it ..

post #196 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As with some of the contestants in past seasons, I don't hear what the big deal is with Danielle Bradbury .. the one to beat .. ?? Really .. ?? She's cute but as a singer, she's average at best and never seems to put herself into the song and convey any sort of real emotion .. just essentially doing something average ..

My girl Judith is still the best overall, IMO .. she's got the chops, she's got the talent, she's got the emotion, she's an entertainer .. if we were back in the 1960's Motown era, she would be riding the top of the charts already .. but I will say she does have some competition ..

For me, it's like this.

Danielle has an incredibly powerful singing voice and add in the fact that she is only 16 yrs. old is amazing to me.

Yes, Judith can sing, but I don't find anything special about her voice. You can say she's an entertainer, but frankly this show is called The Voice and to me that is what takes precedence over all.
post #197 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

For me, it's like this.

Danielle has an incredibly powerful singing voice and add in the fact that she is only 16 yrs. old is amazing to me.

Yes, Judith can sing, but I don't find anything special about her voice. You can say she's an entertainer, but frankly this show is called The Voice and to me that is what takes precedence over all.

As I always note .. my opinion ..

However, you will note that the coaches at this point begin to point out the "package" .. and entertainer is part of that package ..

These days, to make any money in the music biz, you must be able to entertain and connect with an audience .. so yes, it is "The Voice" .. but if it were only the voice, we could just have everyone perform behind a curtain .. at which by now, Danielle would have gone home .. IMO .. wink.gif

IMO, Danielle has a weak voice .. I don't hear the power at all ..

And, again, IMO .. if we're looking at power, Holly Tucker, Sarah Simmons, Sasha Allen, Amber Carrington and yes, Judith Hill all trump Danielle .. I am comparing only the female contestants ..

post #198 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

That's fine. Everyone is definitely allowed their own opinions. Would kinda suck if we were all expected to see things the same way. We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

I'll just add, I could easily see Danielle being the next Carrie Underwood and we all know how good and successful she is. Plus, when Adam himself says she's the one to beat and Judith is part of his team, that says a lot.
post #199 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That's fine. Everyone is definitely allowed their own opinions. Would kinda suck if we were all expected to see things the same way. We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

I'll just add, I could easily see Danielle being the next Carrie Underwood and we all know how good and successful she is. Plus, when Adam himself says she's the one to beat and Judith is part of his team, that says a lot.

And I respect your opinion as well .. smile.gif

Remember RaeLynn from Season 2 .. ?? Danielle reminds me of her ..

post #200 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

The same can be said of most country singers, IMO (sorry, Blake.) The lyrics, not the delivery, are the mainstay of country music. Is your pitch good? If yes, you can sing country.
post #201 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

The same can be said of most country singers, IMO (sorry, Blake.) The lyrics, not the delivery, are the mainstay of country music. Is your pitch good? If yes, you can sing country.

I'd have to respectfully state that most Country singers would disagree with that .. most Country songs are written to bring out an emotion .. and to be successful at that, they must be delivered with the emotion the song was meant to convey .. and that can pretty much be said of any genre ..

post #202 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Liked: 12
Shakira Confirms She's Leaving The Voice

http://www.eonline.com/news/419405/shakira-confirms-she-s-leaving-the-voice-my-poor-baby-is-so-tired-of-flying?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

The 36-year-old explained why, "It was a hard decision for me to make, because I'm really fond of the coaches, the people in production and everybody around me," she said. "And I really enjoyed The Voice, but I also have a musical career and I'm also a mother now and my poor baby's so tired flying such long distances.

Rumors are that CeeLo will be back too in Ushers place. Sad to see Shakira go, I really like her in the coaches chair.
post #203 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 04:22 PM

I've been watching both the UK and Australian versions of the Voice currently with a VPN. This is 67 yr old Steve Clisby on the Australian Voice. He is the favorite in my opinion to win it down under this season. He's made it to the Live rounds now this week. You're never too old to try.
post #204 of 411 Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

I'd have to respectfully state that most Country singers would disagree with that .. most Country songs are written to bring out an emotion ..

They can disagree all they want, but country music is a story telling medium. Blake even admits as much. Oh, I suppose that being sassy or angry might be called "emotional." But that doesn't make them great singers. Methinks the old musician's credo (if you can't play jazz, play country) might fit for singers as well.
post #205 of 411 Old 05-16-2013, 04:53 PM

'The Voice': Shakira, Usher, Cee Lo Green will all return to NBC hit

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/the-voice-shakira-usher-cee-lo-green-will-all-return-to-nbc-hit---report.html

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Shakira and Usher will be back again in the next Spring edition of The Voice after CeeLo and Christina return in the Fall. Mimicking the rotation of the past 2 series
post #206 of 411 Old 05-17-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

IMO, if Blake were to ever take time off from the show, it would seriously hurt the entertainment value of this show. To me, he clearly has the best personality and is the funniest. Take him away and it will be a borefest.
post #207 of 411 Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:

IMO, if Blake were to ever take time off from the show, it would seriously hurt the entertainment value of this show. To me, he clearly has the best personality and is the funniest. Take him away and it will be a borefest.

Agree 1,000% (if that was even possible).

post #208 of 411 Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Looks like Christina has been working out during her time away. Yum Yum

post #209 of 411 Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Indeed! Back to Burlesque shape!

post #210 of 411 Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I saw another pic of her recently from an upcoming music video. It definitely looks like she's finally back to where she was. Hopefully she lost some attitude along with all that weight. wink.gif

So, if I were voting, I would have to go with getting rid of Josiah and Kris. They both looked very uncomfortable up there and the songs really weren't that good either. Of course Josiah is the token "heartthrob" for all the teenies to squeal over, so he'll probably be safe.

Okay, get ready for it. I'm gonna admit I was wrong about something. tongue.gif
When I said Danielle had a powerful voice, I realized last night I misspoke. It's not really powerful, but it is near pitch perfect. You never hear her miss a note or hear her voice break. That's what I'm so blown away by with her.
Like her or not, for someone who is 16 yrs. old, you have to admit that is impressive. That said, last night was my least favorite performance of hers. She looked stiff up there and while the vocals were near perfect once again, I wasn't feeling that song.

Now, as for the one I have been hard on to date, I have to admit that Judith killed it last night. That was great! biggrin.gif

For as much as I like Michelle Chamuel, I am already annoyed by that kneeling thing she feels the need to do with every song. It's almost as bad as Vicci Martinez' war dance squat from Season 1 that she had to do every performance. Enough already!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page