post #1 of 411 Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 618
The Voice, Season 4, March 25th, 2013, NBC HD

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 411 Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
As much as I hate to admit it, I am looking forward to this show. It will be really interesting to see if the entertainment factor of The Voice is due to the format or just the incredible chemistry of the previous judges/mentors.
post #3 of 411 Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Awesome ad with the four coaches and Carson. biggrin.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 (Currently on Pause)
post #4 of 411 Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Will be a pale shadow of its former self without Blake. I'll give it a chance.
post #5 of 411 Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

Blake is coming back, unless I missed something. I thought it was Xtina and C-Lo taking some time off.
post #6 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post

Awesome ad with the four coaches and Carson. biggrin.gif
That was an almost direct ripoff of either Tommy Boy or Black Sheep (can't remember which one).
post #7 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

?
He's sitting in the car in the ad.

Remember, it's called "AV Science"!

My HT

Peter

post #8 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

That was an almost direct ripoff of either Tommy Boy or Black Sheep (can't remember which one).

Tommy Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBq0GBHyQI
post #9 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

As much as I hate to admit it, I am looking forward to this show. It will be really interesting to see if the entertainment factor of The Voice is due to the format or just the incredible chemistry of the previous judges/mentors.

I feel the the two coaches that truly have the best chemistry are still there (Adam and Blake), so I don't think there will be much drop off. As myself and some others have said, Christina (while HOT) was becoming a drag with her veiled digs and constant need to talk over everyone else and Cee-Lo is basically a comedy routine all by himself.

post #10 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Christina is great until the competition heats up and then she gets really catty.
post #11 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Christina is great until the competition heats up and then she gets really catty.

I'll miss her next season .. and I've griped about her plenty of times .. but, during the confessional clip shown at the finale, she confessed to being a Scooby Doo fan and did a pretty spot on impression .. that redeemed her quite a bit in my eyes .. wink.gif

I'm sure being the Diva she is, that losing all her contestants first hurt ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #12 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Just a little levity for today ..

Uncle Willie

post #13 of 411 Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #14 of 411 Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

a nice Rolling Stone article ..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/01/showbiz/tv/shakira-usher-voice-rs/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

Uncle Willie

post #15 of 411 Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
That article makes me think back to immediately after the very successful Season 3 of The Voice when Cee Lo Green was insisting that he isn't leaving the show.

"Let's be straight about this ladies and gentlemen: I'm not leaving 'The Voice.' I'll be back for Season 5."

He knows that being on the show has been the biggest thing EVER for his career.
post #16 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Shakira is a one and done. With her being pregnant, I would imagine she would give birth around the time of the next season so she would clearly have no time for the show.

post #17 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Shakira is a one and done. With her being pregnant, I would imagine she would give birth around the time of the next season so she would clearly have no time for the show.

I thought both Shakira and Usher were just season 4 fill ins while CeeLo and Xtina took a season off .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #18 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I thought both Shakira and Usher were just season 4 fill ins while CeeLo and Xtina took a season off .. ??

I know Cee-Lo announced he was definitely coming back, but I don't remember Christina saying the same. Unless I just missed that.

post #19 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I know Cee-Lo announced he was definitely coming back, but I don't remember Christina saying the same. Unless I just missed that.

I don't recall it either .. it just seems like every news release I read used the word "hiatus" for both of them .. which I just assumed it meant taking a season off .. I know it's a time drain for all the mentors and the money has really, really got to be good to replace the touring payout .. the combination of the 4 mentors we've had, to me anyway, is kinda like lightning striking .. I don't know if the chemistry can be duplicated .. and it's a two edged sword in that each of the mentors is a stand alone concert draw .. I think all of them have benefited from the show

Uncle Willie

post #20 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I thought Christina said in an interview that wanted to take some time off from the show and approached the producers. I believe she said she will be back for the next season

(Currently on Pause)
post #21 of 411 Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Unfortunately for Xtina, The Voice appears to be her only sure-thing lately. Her movie career was a bust. Her latest two albums bombed. She better hope Shakira doesn't win the audience over and take her spot full-time. In case she or anyone else forgot, Xtina's life was spiraling out of control right before she got the Voice gig. Would hate to see her return to that.
post #22 of 411 Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Unfortunately for Xtina, The Voice appears to be her only sure-thing lately. Her movie career was a bust. Her latest two albums bombed. She better hope Shakira doesn't win the audience over and take her spot full-time. In case she or anyone else forgot, Xtina's life was spiraling out of control right before she got the Voice gig. Would hate to see her return to that.

Although I'm not a huge Aguilera fan, one film can hardly be called a career .. and as a freshman attempt, she did not do half bad and did get her a Grammy nod as well ..

Another, relatively hidden facet is her long standing charity work, her voter registration work, as well as both financial and personal comitments to various worthy causes ..

Uncle Willie

post #23 of 411 Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Although I'm not a huge Aguilera fan, one film can hardly be called a career .. and as a freshman attempt, she did not do half bad and did get her a Grammy nod as well ..
Another, relatively hidden facet is her long standing charity work, her voter registration work, as well as both financial and personal comitments to various worthy causes ..

Calm down, Mr Aguilera. I'll leave your daughter alone!

But you're right, she was only in the one movie. Not sure why I thought it was a string of duds. Maybe I'm confusing her, Britney and Mariah, or mashing them all into one. One fact remains, though, she's the most coherent and articulate of any of the women that have been working on these shows over the years. And she's got clout. Like her or hate her, she can sing the hell out of any note you give her. I hate how catty she gets near the end of the competition, but it's probably just her competitive nature, and I'd probably praise a guy for acting the same way.
post #24 of 411 Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Calm down, Mr Aguilera. I'll leave your daughter alone!
But you're right, she was only in the one movie. Not sure why I thought it was a string of duds. Maybe I'm confusing her, Britney and Mariah, or mashing them all into one. One fact remains, though, she's the most coherent and articulate of any of the women that have been working on these shows over the years. And she's got clout. Like her or hate her, she can sing the hell out of any note you give her. I hate how catty she gets near the end of the competition, but it's probably just her competitive nature, and I'd probably praise a guy for acting the same way.

If I were a younger man, I'd prefer to be Mr Aguilera the husband .. smile.gif but I appreciate the sentiment .. biggrin.gif

I think she's a great singer as well .. and her Divaism just comes along with the package ..

And then, of course, there is the Twins .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #25 of 411 Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Not much a fan of her preferred genre. Voters on the show are proving not to be either as her chosen contestants, other than the opera singer, share her style and do not score. Because I do not like or appreciate her kind of music, I had not heard much of her and was pleasantly surprised to learn when she strays from the kiddie/barfly stuff she is a truly fine singer. Not much of a fan of bogus boobs though, especially when displayed tastelessly.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #26 of 411 Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And then, of course, there is the Twins .. wink.gif

That's one thing that no matter how pregnant Shakira gets, she won't match Christina in. biggrin.gif

post #27 of 411 Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

That's one thing that no matter how pregnant Shakira gets, she won't match Christina in. biggrin.gif
Have you seen any of Shakira's videos? I'd take Shakira over Christina any day. Her hips don't lie.
post #28 of 411 Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

Have you seen any of Shakira's videos? I'd take Shakira over Christina any day. Her hips don't lie.

I wasn't in any way implying that Shakira wasn't hot. Hell, I think overall she is hotter than Christina.
I was just saying a certain part of her would never match the fabric stretching proportions of Miss Aguilera, no matter how pregnant she got.

As for Shakira's videos, I actually watched one the other day. I just found out that she and Beyonce did a duet together (now that would be a threesome wink.gif) called "Beautiful Liar". You want to see some major hip shaking action from the two of them? Go to YouTube and type in Beyonce Shakira Beautiful Liar. You won't be disappointed. biggrin.gif

I have to say though, for someone who is known for her great hips and movements using them, I think Beyonce outshines Shakira in this video. That's my opinion anyway.

post #29 of 411 Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I wasn't in any way implying that Shakira wasn't hot. Hell, I think overall she is hotter than Christina.
I was just saying a certain part of her would never match the fabric stretching proportions of Miss Aguilera, no matter how pregnant she got.
As for Shakira's videos, I actually watched one the other day. I just found out that she and Beyonce did a duet together (now that would be a threesome wink.gif) called "Beautiful Liar". You want to see some major hip shaking action from the two of them? Go to YouTube and type in Beyonce Shakira Beautiful Liar. You won't be disappointed. biggrin.gif
I have to say though, for someone who is known for her great hips and movements using them, I think Beyonce outshines Shakira in this video. That's my opinion anyway.

They all look great to me ... smile.gif

Uncle Willie

post #30 of 411 Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM

Liked: 10
I saw this ad while watching Adam on SNL this past Saturday! Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a classic. It was released in 1983 exactly 30 years ago and is still played on radio stations today. It's funny how none of the so called four vocalists in this commercial could hit the notes in "Total Eclipse of the Heart". Even when Adam tried to sing the falsetto background part (original sung by Rory Dodd) he fell short. That amazed me since I thought the background falsetto part was a perfect match for Adam's voice. I hope they bring Bonnie Tyler on this season as a celebrity duet singer.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page