DirecTV to reshow 24 on the audience network channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 58
According to my schedule, the Audience Network on DirecTV. This is channel 239, but is mirrored in other places.

It starts on Saturday Dec 29th at 8:00 AM Eastern and continues for eighteen hours! Yeah, eighteen hours straight, without commercials, comprising all twenty-four hours of the first season. eek.gif That is, it goes from 8:00 AM the 29th to 2:00 AM the 30th. But it gets better! Day 2 starts on 8:00AM the 30th (yeah, six hours later) and also runs until 2:00 AM the 31st! Yipes! eek.gif I don't think that my DVR has that much free space. I really doubt to many people will be watching all forty-eight hours (thirty-six hours of actual uncut show time) in a single forty-two hour stretch. My schedule does not go beyond this, so I don't know if they are continuing to show the program in this manner or not. I certainly hope that they won't be showing all eight days in a row like this.rolleyes.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Sounds fun. I barely remember the first few seasons. Need to clear a lot of DVR space smile.gif
post #3 of 26 Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I noticed today that it appears to no longer be in the schedule. This is odd as it still shows up in the schedule on the DirecTV web site. The schedule just shows unknown program during the time when it previously showed 24. confused.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #4 of 26 Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

...and it'sback, except now it shows day one on Saturday the 29th, day two on Sunday, and day three on Monday. What a very silly decision. No one can watch that much of one show in such a compressed time frame! frown.gif

Luke

post #5 of 26 Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

...and it'sback, except now it shows day one on Saturday the 29th, day two on Sunday, and day three on Monday. What a very silly decision. No one can watch that much of one show in such a compressed time frame! frown.gif

They are just giving us a marathon experience before they put in their regular schedule. Starting January 7 they will run 24 at 8pm eastern Monday - Thursday.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

They are just giving us a marathon experience before they put in their regular schedule. Starting January 7 they will run 24 at 8pm eastern Monday - Thursday.
That much is now obvious. smile.gif

I forgot how many actors I saw first on 24 season 1. I think it's funny that they kept referring to CTU "Division" and Xander was a high level supervisor in the show. Coincidence? Hmmm? biggrin.gif

Luke

post #7 of 26 Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I do not miss the terrible PQ of this show. rolleyes.gif
post #8 of 26 Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

24 is a grainy looking show. Outside of light amounts of compression artifacts I'm seeing the PQ looks fine to me given how the show is supposed to look. Too bad the audio is stereo on these broadcasts.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
post #9 of 26 Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think the first few days (Seasons) where digal widescreen
post #10 of 26 Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Definitely does not look like HD to me (at least on season 1, which is what I am watching right now). The "titles" and end credits, plus 20th Television logo all look like HD, but the rest has the appearance of upconverted SD.
post #11 of 26 Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm invigorated re-watching the Season 1-3, 24 marathon on Audience. What was interesting to me was the video quality started out looking pretty good and got progressively worse. Re-booted the Box etc. Lots of noise in the picture. Hearing all of the "Jack-isms" was great, and of course, Mr. President....... By the end of Season 3 not only Jack, but Tony, Michelle, and Kim all said "damn-it"... LOL.... Why didn't they show Season 4 yesterday on New Years Day??? IMO, the best season with the great bad-guy, Habib Marwan.....
post #12 of 26 Old 01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

What was interesting to me was the video quality started out looking pretty good and got progressively worse. Re-booted the Box etc. Lots of noise in the picture.

Yeah, in addition to that, there are a ton of odd artifacts, at least in the first six episodes of Season 1 that I've watched so far -- there's something that can only be described as a "wave" flickering on top of the video -- in many of the scenes, it makes it look like it's raining. Very distracting to be sure -- never seen anything like that before.
post #13 of 26 Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Did anyone else get diagonal type distortion? I fear that something is wrong with my VT50.
post #14 of 26 Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

Did anyone else get diagonal type distortion? I fear that something is wrong with my VT50.

Yes, that's the problem I was referring to in my previous post. Your TV is fine.
post #15 of 26 Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post

Yes, that's the problem I was referring to in my previous post. Your TV is fine.

Thanks.

I have never seen such weird distortion before.
post #16 of 26 Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

I also saw it. Last night I started the Season 4 DVD played on my Blu-Ray Player. Should really look good if offered in Blu-Ray... The Video was in many respects better than the bit-starved presentation on Aud. Network.. The Audio was very good Dolby Digital Ex. The Sub. got a work-out with great separation...
post #17 of 26 Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone know when Audience Ch. will show season 8 of 24??? Season 7 ended in November, and the promo said "coming in Dec"., the final season of 24... No info. on the web-site.....
post #18 of 26 Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone know when Audience Ch. will show season 8 of 24??? Season 7 ended in November, and the promo said "coming in Dec"., the final season of 24... No info. on the web-site.....

Actually, I think it ended the last week in October, but I agree, the promos said that Jack would be back in December. I have been waiting, but so far, no hits on the DVR. I wonder if they gave up or something (ratings?). If they paid for the showing, it would be odd not to show it.

Like Ray, I would like to know if anyone has any info on when they expect to complete the series.

Luke

post #19 of 26 Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This morning I noticed that it was in my guide again. The entire run of season eight is playing on Christmas Day. eek.gif Not exactly what I was expecting, but I'll take it! tongue.gif

Luke

post #20 of 26 Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 AM

Liked: 10
thanks @Church AV Guy! I had been wondering about this too smile.gif
post #21 of 26 Old 12-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Thanx Church, but for me I don't have a DVR for D, and won't be able to watch it on Xmas... Hope they repeat it on New Years Eve maybe???
post #22 of 26 Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's on DirecTV's audience network channel. If you can get the audience network, it should be there Christmas day, if you don't get the audience network, you won't get it at all. During the year, they have shown the entire first seven seasons of 24. Season eight will be shown on Christmas, and I think that will be the end of the run. I doubt they will show it all again. BUT, I could be wrong about that. rolleyes.gif

Luke

post #23 of 26 Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I think he is saying that he either isn't going to be home on Christmas, or he will be too busy to be able to watch 24 on Christmas day. Since he doesn't have a DVR, he can't record it while he is busy/gone. That is why he is hoping it will get played a different day, so he can watch it live.
post #24 of 26 Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

I do get Direc, and the Audience network, but don't have a DVR. See my posts beginning with # 11 talking about Audience Network... I hope they repeat Season # 8 after Xmas... If not I guess I will order the Blu-Ray's from Netflix. Thanx...
post #25 of 26 Old 12-19-2013, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do get Direc, and the Audience network, but don't have a DVR. See my posts beginning with # 11 talking about Audience Network... I hope they repeat Season # 8 after Xmas... If not I guess I will order the Blu-Ray's from Netflix. Thanx...

Sorry, I misunderstood. You COULD be in luck. At the beginning of the year, last year, they showed the first three days of 24 in a marathon Jan 1, 2, and 3, then they showed them all again in the regular schedule (four episodes a week). They showed those four episode blocks many times during the week. If this is any indication, they should show season eight over again after Christmas. So far there aren't any others scheduled. I have to explicitly look for it since my DVR is scheduled to record the Christmas showings and it will therefore ignore any future showings of the same program(s) for the magic 30 days.

Luke

post #26 of 26 Old 12-31-2013, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The last season (eight) of 24 is showing up again in the schedule in early January. They did show the whole of season eight on Christmas day, but they are repeating it in January. Ray Lucca, you may have lucked out. Chloe can STILL out-frown almost anyone else on television. smile.gif

Luke

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page