AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Why didnt you just turn on captions?

In any case just watch it on Hulu if you are desperate for more Nazis vs Clocks action.

That was pretty funny.

I read a re-cap on-line.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 255 Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 341
My money is on the clocks.

post #93 of 255 Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Vee have vays of making you tick.
VisionOn likes this.
post #94 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Probably the most cohesive and less messy of the episodes so far and most "National Treasure-y." Still as ludicrous as ever though.

The most interesting plot hole this episode was how Einstein's final thoughts (that he supposedly wrote on his death bed) ended up buried in a park, in a clock only he knew about.

Catching up with White Collar made me realize how much better they do the treasure hunt arcs. Still pretty ludicrous, but done with more fun and better characters. The key map they had a few weeks ago was inspired. I wish the puzzles on Zero Hour had that kind of flair and imagination.

post #95 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I completely forgot to watch last night. Guess that shows how interested I really was.
post #96 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

I completely forgot to watch last night. Guess that shows how interested I really was.

They found a clock. Einstein was a new apostle, Damien from The Omen appeared. Wife still AWOL.

post #97 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Liked: 30
word is they've pulled Zero Hour from the schedule. I'll dig up a link and post shortly.
post #98 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 149
post #99 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:

They found a clock. Einstein was a new apostle, Damien from The Omen appeared. Wife still AWOL.
I thought the same thing about the kid. That's funny. biggrin.gif
And Timlin is much hotter as a blonde.
post #100 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

I imagine implying that Einstein was a Catholic also had something do with it being cancelled.
post #101 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 273
So this has been canned already, huh? Do I even need to watch the most recent episode? I probably will regardless.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #102 of 255 Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Don't waste your time.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #103 of 255 Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
And the broadcast networks wonder why they keep losing more and more market share to cable nets. Hey ABC - it's because nobody wants to invest time in your new dramas because they are afraid they'll get pulled after 3 episodes. Whereas, I have never watched a cable drama that got cancelled in the middle of a season.
post #104 of 255 Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 59
So long Zero Hour. Been bad to know you.
post #105 of 255 Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Had been stacking it up on the DVR .. not watched any yet .. delete or watch what I've got .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #106 of 255 Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Unless the unaired episodes get burned off somewhere, there is zero reason to watch.

post #107 of 255 Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Unless the unaired episodes get burned off somewhere, there is zero reason to watch.

Oh well .. and it looked promising .. at least I won't be wasting the time ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #108 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Another one down the drain.....maybe ABC can have a "Crap Marathon" one night - show all the remaining filmed episodes of Zero Hour and 666 Park Avenue
post #109 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Wasn't this a limited series anyway - thought I read it was only 12 episodes. If that's true they probably have finished filming and will eventually air all episodes.
post #110 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

Wasn't this a limited series anyway - thought I read it was only 12 episodes. If that's true they probably have finished filming and will eventually air all episodes.

That's right. Those two shows (ZH & 666PA) are two different animals.
post #111 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Quote:

And that is unlikely given ABC's track record in the "to be aired at a later date" dept. It appears that this show was only distributed in the US so I'm going to say that we will never see the rest of how ever many episodes are left from any source/local, maybe online at ABC.com as it is an ABC Studios production but I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening either.
post #112 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
I might watch the rest of 666 but wouldn't waste any time on 0 hr. Life's to short. wink.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #113 of 255 Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

And the broadcast networks wonder why they keep losing more and more market share to cable nets. Hey ABC - it's because nobody wants to invest time in your new dramas because they are afraid they'll get pulled after 3 episodes. Whereas, I have never watched a cable drama that got cancelled in the middle of a season.

Saw this line in an article posted in the HOTP thread and thought it was fitting,
Quote:
When a show about the walking dead on basic cable beats every network show in the ratings demographic that advertisers care most about, you have to wonder who the real zombies are.

Link to full article -> At AMC, Zombies Topple Network TV
post #114 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Exactly my thoughts. I have the show in my DVR....will delete it now. Heck....ABCs new Red Widow will stay in my DVR till they finish the season. These network people dont get it. Heck...show the complete series..or the remaining episiode. What they gain by showing another repeat of show other show which will anyway get lower rating then a new episode of this show.
post #115 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I was watching because of Goose. Thought Thursday's 3rd episode was the best so far. Now cancelled, certainly wasn't great. Maybe they will burn off the episodes on Sat. night???
post #116 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Nah, I don't think they will air them, there have been several ABC shows that got canned with episodes filmed and they never got to see the light of day..

IMHO the show took too long to reveal stuff and acting was horrible.. people get bored too quickly these days..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #117 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

people get bored too quickly these days..
I disagree, people are tired of getting burned by the networks. The networks can too many of these serialized dramas way to quickly, causing audiences to hesitate watching the next one that comes along, which causes ratings to drop and the network to can the show... which causes audiences to hesitate watching the next one that comes along... and on and on we go. This would be like Hollywood cutting movies off after 15 minutes and then wondering why people stopped going to the movies. No one wants to waste there time with these season long stories when you know there is little chance that the networks will let them play out. I guess I was one of the few who was enjoying Zero Hour which is why it was probably canceled, every network show I tend to like during the past few seasons seems to get canned. I was all set to give Red Widow a go but not now, I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix if it survives long enough. There is plenty of stuff to watch on cable that is far better then anything the networks are crapping out these days.

I'm just tired of the networks, they seem so out of touch with audiences and they don't even seem to care. I honestly wouldn't mind if they all just disappeared into television history.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #118 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

I disagree, people are tired of getting burned by the networks. The networks can too many of these serialized dramas way to quickly, causing audiences to hesitate watching the next one that comes along, which causes ratings to drop and the network to can the show... which causes audiences to hesitate watching the next one that comes along... and on and on we go. This would be like Hollywood cutting movies off after 15 minutes and then wondering why people stopped going to the movies. No one wants to waste there time with these season long stories when you know there is little chance that the networks will let them play out. I guess I was one of the few who was enjoying Zero Hour which is why it was probably canceled, every network show I tend to like during the past few seasons seems to get canned. I was all set to give Red Widow a go but not now, I'll wait for it to show up on Netflix if it survives long enough. There is plenty of stuff to watch on cable that is far better then anything the networks are crapping out these days.

I'm just tired of the networks, they seem so out of touch with audiences and they don't even seem to care. I honestly wouldn't mind if they all just disappeared into television history.

Well, I'd say sometimes they should let a show ride and see if it develops any legs .. there have been shows that took a while to garner viewership ..

However, it is a money based choice .. if they think something will draw a bigger audience, and thus more ad dollars .. that is, after all, what pays for these things ..

A show that is not a innuendo based sit com, a police drama or some such, seems almost doomed from the start these days ..

Uncle Willie

post #119 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Look at the people who run the networks. They are the sons and daughters of the over privileged. They probably don't even do their own grocery shopping or put gas in their cars. And as I've been saying for years probably the only time they even watch TV is to look at part of pilot to greenlight it. These are the WRONG people to be running the networks. Also I like others here have noticed padded storylines done just to stretch things out to 13 episodes. I would rather watch 6 tight produced episodes over 13 padded ones. As I've said before network execs until changes are made are about 20 years behind the viewers stuck in some kind of fantasy land of concepts they learn at Harvard Business school from profs that never even ran a business.
post #120 of 255 Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I dropped out of this one after the second ep. No one loves the serialized drama genre more than me, especially if it's got a supernatural or sci-fi theme running though it, and I really wanted to like this show. But it was pretty bad in most respects, IMO. Certainly no Da Vinci Code. And as was mentioned, Anthony Edwards was a badly miscast lead.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page