Cult - New on CW - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 99 Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Ah, I missed this. biggrin.gif Skye really sucks at being a mole. Everybody else is looking awestruck, and she's sitting there glaring. Hmm... I wonder which of these people isn't really a true believer? rolleyes.gif I was kind of surprised that they killed the detective, but at least that means the followers have some sense not to let a loose cannon like her roam around killing people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 06-30-2013, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Skye really sucks at being a mole. Everybody else is looking awestruck, and she's sitting there glaring. .
She's super cute, so she gets away with it anyway smile.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #93 of 99 Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Things are finally becoming clearer, but I hope we get some closure with the final two episodes next week. I also hope the TA in Jeff's house makes it through this. I assume they captured her and are now going to torture her for information on the professor's whereabouts. It was pretty harsh the way Jeff and Skye just left her there, but I guess they didn't want to gamble on how many bullets the shooter had at his disposal. biggrin.gif The biggest question I have at present is whether Kirsty is faking her fear of Stuart, or if she's really taking Roger's side.
post #94 of 99 Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I love 2 episodes a night. Sucks show has ended.
post #95 of 99 Old 07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I still keep thinking "Billy"/Roger might be Steven Rae... that would be why he care so much about the character he plays...

I also feel like they were building to a reveal at some point that would tell us the show itself (Cult) isn't bad at all... but the old Moon Hill people are using it to fuel their real-life cult... then again, these recent episodes with the evil-TV-monster hinting... maybe the Cult TV show is evil too.

I wonder if we get left hanging after this Friday's final 2 episodes OR if somehow in the time since the show was cancelled they went back and filmed some new scenes to close the story. It will be a shame to not see this show come to a real conclusion.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #96 of 99 Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok... so they left us hanging... which is not surprising... but disappointing.

Given the name and "promise" of this final episode, I have decided that Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cathy is "Steven" Rae... "he" was supposed to be on the set, and this is the only time she was shown on the set AND since her daughter was not in this special scene, she really had no reason to be there unless she was Steven Rae... given the background they revealed of her being the model for Alona Tal's character AND her daughter was specifically cast for a part AND the way she picked up that gun for no reason... it makes a kind of sense.

But IF I'm right about that... we still are back to square one on what the heck was going on... and it is a damn shame we aren't going to see what was coming next. I hope the writers/producers post something online sometime about where they were headed with the endgame of this story.

post #97 of 99 Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Well, it was a heck of a ride. Clearly they were hoping for a continued plotline, and the hooks they placed for continuation were okay. I really liked the layering of this show, and am very sorry it's gone. I'm glad I got to see it all, even if it didn't end.

HDMe2, I agree with you. It's the only possible solution given what was shown.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #98 of 99 Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it does make sense, especially considering how Stuart commented to Kirstie that it disgusted him seeing Roger wearing the "Billy" outfit. We can probably assume that she picked up the gun to conceal her prints, since she was likely the one who swapped the blank for a real bullet. I wonder if Roger was supposed to die? It's hard to believe, since it would effectively end the sub-show. I'll echo the hope that we get to find out what was going to happen in season 2. I think the only thing we can say for sure after the final episode is that the writers didn't get the chance to rewrite it as a series finale. At least we've seen every produced episode now... (or so we think!) wink.gif

I guess we can also assume that since the sub-show is a reenactment of the events surrounding Moon Hill that Kelly shooting Billy means that Rae killed Killian, i.e. the bookshelf didn't fall over by accident. The question is whether Rae also killed the other parents, or if somebody else did that.
post #99 of 99 Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah... I think they answered several big questions in that season/series finale... but then opened a couple more cans of worms... Looks like they would have branched out into a multi-cult scenario in season 2 if they had been renewed.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page