post #361 of 823 Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Might be tough as I suspect the Hantz family tree doesn't have many branches. eek.gif
I suspect it's more like a wreath, round and round in a circle we go...weee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 823 Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

I suspect it's more like a wreath, round and round in a circle we go...weee

Given their size, I'd bet on a stump.
post #363 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Given their size, I'd bet on a stump.

Not to mention their brains.
post #364 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
In case anyone wants to hear Russell's take on Brandon and also Edna's opinion ( she played with Brandon prior ) here is a link:
http://robhasawebsite.com/russell-hantz-comments-brandon-survivor-caramoan-edna-ma-interview/
Tonight should be interesting with a swap.
post #365 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Thanks for posting the vid. I think we are more or less agreeing except for even after rewatching it, it was a meltdown. It had to do with not feeling respected, valued, and not being able to be a power player like his uncle. Yes, he had intentions to go out with a calculated bang, but he just got lost in it. First, with wanting to attack Phillip, you can see how it escalates and how agitated he gets and then later with the kids piece.

The deep feelings of resentment and inadequacy are a part of who he is. It's not that all of a sudden he went bat crazy, he's always been unstable, this was just this was the next step.

He's definitely a hot head and he did look like he was on the verge of letting his temper get the better of him a couple times, but for the most part he seemed in control of what he was doing and saying.  I fully believe that he went into the IC/TC with the intent of trying to produce maximum shock value, which he did, short of actually getting physically violent.  All of his comments in exit interviews after last week's ep show that he thought it would make "good tv" and was a conscious effort.  I still suspect that is really what he meant when he said to Jeff that he was, "doing it for him".  He actually seemed really surprised that many viewers didn't see it the same way and thought he went loco instead.  I think he's got a little different baseline than many of us.

ron

post #366 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

In case anyone wants to hear Russell's take on Brandon and also Edna's opinion ( she played with Brandon prior ) here is a link:
http://robhasawebsite.com/russell-hantz-comments-brandon-survivor-caramoan-edna-ma-interview/
Tonight should be interesting with a swap.

I listened to that a couple days ago.  Even though I think some of the things he said about Brandon are true, it sounds like Russell is trying to make himself seem more rational now in an effort to get back on the show.  Edna is pretty funny though.  Who would have thought little Edna would be the kind to like the Jerry Springer stuff biggrin.gif

ron

post #367 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM

I never thought Russell was that irrational,he just never really understood the social aspects of the game. I enjoyed Edna,too bad she was on that tribe.
post #368 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

I didn't really mean his game play.  I was thinking about the public persona he's had since he played.  It seemed like he was making an effort to sound more even keeled than how he usually comes off.

ron

post #369 of 823 Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM

Agreed. Brandon said he wants to play with his uncke. Can you imagine that disaster?
post #370 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This is going to be a snooze fest till the merge. Regardless of which team wins the challenges one of fans will be going home.
post #371 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

This is going to be a snooze fest till the merge. Regardless of which team wins the challenges one of fans will be going home.

Yeah....isn't it interesting how both teams ended up 4 - 3 favorites to fans ratio? Would have been much more interesting if one was stacked with a fan majority (the one with Philip on it!).
post #372 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Malcom's new tribe is so strong the challenges, unless they are the kind that they don't have to move or do anything physical, are going to be extremely one sided. They sure got lucky in that draw.

post #373 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Malcom's new tribe is so strong the challenges, unless they are the kind that they don't have to move or do anything physical, are going to be extremely one sided. They sure got lucky in that draw.

Even mental challenges go to Malcolm's tribe. Look at how terrible Phillip's tribe handled the puzzle blocks once they finally got them all together!

btw - nice to see they used the same challenge as the previous week.
post #374 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Yeah....isn't it interesting how both teams ended up 4 - 3 favorites to fans ratio? Would have been much more interesting if one was stacked with a fan majority (the one with Philip on it!).

Yup. There's very little the fans can do except hope for a merge very soon. In my opinion, the best bet would be to try to make a plea to one of the best strategists (or someone who THINKS they're a good strategist) or someone on the fringe of the main alliance - or hopefully both. Someone like Cochran. Explain that once the merge happens that they will begin to eat their own, and by keeping a fan around they'll have an extra vote for when the tribe begins to pick off its own members.
Over the years I've learned that the only vote you can absolutely count on is your own. But second to that, the closest vote you can count on to a sure thing is the vote from a player who's head is on the immediate chopping block if he thinks he can save himself.
post #375 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
we might go from the most talked about episode to the least talked about episode.

go brenda wink.gif
post #376 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

we might go from the most talked about episode to the least talked about episode.

go brenda wink.gif
Absolutely... https://www.google.com/search?q=brenda+on+survivor&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS283&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_0NLUcWBOqXDyQH20oC4Bw&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=620
post #377 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

Yup. There's very little the fans can do except hope for a merge very soon. In my opinion, the best bet would be to try to make a plea to one of the best strategists (or someone who THINKS they're a good strategist) or someone on the fringe of the main alliance - or hopefully both. Someone like Cochran. Explain that once the merge happens that they will begin to eat their own, and by keeping a fan around they'll have an extra vote for when the tribe begins to pick off its own members.
Over the years I've learned that the only vote you can absolutely count on is your own. But second to that, the closest vote you can count on to a sure thing is the vote from a player who's head is on the immediate chopping block if he thinks he can save himself.

Even at a merge there is nothing they can do, the favorites have the numbers. They actually would be better to not merge in hopes that eventually the favorites have to vote themselves off, and that only postpones the inevitable. The fans are screwed any way you look at it.

post #378 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 77
The guys should of teamed up last night and taken out the girls 1 by 1.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #379 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if Corrine cut her own throat with that asinine comment at tribal about how she'd "like to replace three of the people in my alliance with the gay".
post #380 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I wondered that too. Her repeated comments about "my gays" seemed a little obsessive...as if she were talking about furry little kittens.
post #381 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Seems like they cut their own throats as far as challenges go by voting off Mike. It's not like they already had an over abundance of strength.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #382 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM

The Faves don't need Matt,if they lose again another Fan goes home. They made the right decision to break up the pair.
post #383 of 823 Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ I'm not so certain about another Fan going home. After the way Corrine shot her mouth off, now would be a good time to get rid of her and replace her with one of the Fans.
post #384 of 823 Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

I wondered that too. Her repeated comments about "my gays" seemed a little obsessive...as if she were talking about furry little kittens.

Who does she think she is? Joan Rivers or Kathy Griffin? She is making the mistake of getting too comfortable. She feels that she's in a controlling position and noone can touch her so she can spout whatever she wants.
post #385 of 823 Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Seems like they cut their own throats as far as challenges go by voting off Mike. It's not like they already had an over abundance of strength.

I pretty much thought the same thing .. although Mike was really not much of a player as far as strategy goes .. another one of those "I'll do whatever they want as long as I stay in the game" people ..

He could try for a part in the next Peter Jackson film, though .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #386 of 823 Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

Yep .. it's amazing what some players spout off at times ..

The underwear wardrobe does help me forgive her for this, however .. smile.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #387 of 823 Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

^^^ I'm not so certain about another Fan going home. After the way Corrine shot her mouth off, now would be a good time to get rid of her and replace her with one of the Fans.
The FAVES would be foolish not to send a Fan home. When you have a numbers advantage you keep it. Corinne is probably number 6 right now in that alliance, and they have time to get rid of her. She is loyal so if you aren't going after her she probably would stay with that group. At least we got to see the snarky Corinne from Gabon. They have not given her a lot of air time so far so it was nice to see some of her old personality come out even if she does say some off the wall stuff. Even Erik had some air time this episode ,although Brenda is MIA.
post #388 of 823 Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

Like Bill, knows that is going home, wins challenge and gives the idol!
Like Hope, knows she doesn't have the numbers, knows is going, votes nothing.
Like Cochran, is No5 and change alliance to be No7.

And so on.......
Survivor has no logic, anything can happen there because anybody can do anything no matter how stupid it is.
post #389 of 823 Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh my God, Brenda....in...the...boat. Frak me. No wonder they got a little off course at the beginning of that challenge, did you freaking see what she was doing and how she was positioned in that boat. Bent over right in front of that guy rowing. I'd freaking be off course too. She is stunningly hot.

I was mad they took her out of the first challenge, but glad they showed her cheerleading so much.

Phil cracks me up, they wanted to run and he kept saying over and over, we can't, the girls will get tired. Then when they did, he finally said he couldn't because he was tired. How lame to blame it on someone. Then the whole I threw the challenge, yeah right.

I am really liking Cochran this season. His one-on-one interviews are pretty funny.

post #390 of 823 Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Oh my God, Brenda....in...the...boat. Frak me. No wonder they got a little off course at the beginning of that challenge, did you freaking see what she was doing and how she was positioned in that boat. Bent over right in front of that guy rowing. I'd freaking be off course too. She is stunningly hot.

I was mad they took her out of the first challenge, but glad they showed her cheerleading so much.

Phil cracks me up, they wanted to run and he kept saying over and over, we can't, the girls will get tired. Then when they did, he finally said he couldn't because he was tired. How lame to blame it on someone. Then the whole I threw the challenge, yeah right.

I am really liking Cochran this season. His one-on-one interviews are pretty funny.
Yes, Brenda is BY FAR my favorite!!biggrin.gif Philip is now and always has been a blowhard of the greatest magnitude. How does he get away with the s&*t he does?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page