R11
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Wasn't Corrine the one that said she wanted to stab another woman in the face in her previous season? She must have heard complaints about that because I noticed that she used "punch in the face" at TC a couple of times. She also said she wanted to Throat Punch Phillip. Was she raised in a war zone? How do those types of phrases come into your speech habits? Is she training for MMA?

I think Corinne really might be able to kick Phillip's tubby lunchbox ass smile.gif

Pictures from this week's 35 minute Aftershow with host Parvati

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/

She's an interesting woman.  Definitely a big, over the top, non-stop personality.  Her preceptions and insights on the game up to her blindside make for a good Aftershow this week.

ron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 823 Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I just watch because of Parvati smile.gif

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember Nexus

post #453 of 823 Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I and others have said that a lot of the female contestants look better au naturale than all made up. And that is the case above for both Parvati and Corrine. And this interview proves how self-centered Corrine is. She is just as self-deluded as Phillip is except she's not talking about crazy sh**. She was friend, protector, confidante, nurturer and mastermind. She must have really been tired after being blindsided.
post #454 of 823 Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yeah, probably two of the most self-absorbed players ever on that after-show.
post #455 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

And, two of the most attractive!!
post #456 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I and others have said that a lot of the female contestants look better au naturale than all made up. And that is the case above for both Parvati and Corrine. And this interview proves how self-centered Corrine is. She is just as self-deluded as Phillip is except she's not talking about crazy sh**. She was friend, protector, confidante, nurturer and mastermind. She must have really been tired after being blindsided.

I think it's a natural defensive thing for people to do a little revisionist history when explaining why they failed at something, and the vast majority of the players seem to overvalue their own gameplay or place in alliances when they do these exit interviews.  I think that many of the things Corinne said about the other players and what was going on were true to an extent, but it's clear she was playing with blinders on when it comes to her position of power and influence.  It always surprises me how much players fail to really weigh what the other players are probably thinking and feeling and seem to have tunnel vision way too focused on what is good for themselves.

As far as the makeup goes, of course it's all subjective but for me it all depends on the woman.  I personally think both Parv and Corinne look good all done up but others like Chelsea and Kat from One World or Amanda Kimmel look much better "island style" though.  I guess it depends on how it's done too.  I like smokey eyes and dark stuff but the lighter colors generally look too painted on for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I don't know, there's been a ton over the years smile.gif.  In a way I think a certain amount of self absorption is probably a good thing in Survivor since it's ultimately an individual game, but a little can go a long way.  They have to be able to not think too much about the needs/wants of others and put themselves first, but they definitely have to be able to be cognizant of what's going on around them and factor in how people are feeling at the same time to be effective.

ron

post #457 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

It always surprises me how much players fail to really weigh what the other players are probably thinking and feeling and seem to have tunnel vision way too focused on what is good for themselves.

ron

Which can lead to a nice ticket home in many cases .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #458 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think it's a natural defensive thing for people to do a little revisionist history when explaining why they failed at something, and the vast majority of the players seem to overvalue their own gameplay or place in alliances when they do these exit interviews.  I think that many of the things Corinne said about the other players and what was going on were true to an extent, but it's clear she was playing with blinders on when it comes to her position of power and influence.  It always surprises me how much players fail to really weigh what the other players are probably thinking and feeling and seem to have tunnel vision way too focused on what is good for themselves.

As far as the makeup goes, of course it's all subjective but for me it all depends on the woman.  I personally think both Parv and Corinne look good all done up but others like Chelsea and Kat from One World or Amanda Kimmel look much better "island style" though.  I guess it depends on how it's done too.  I like smokey eyes and dark stuff but the lighter colors generally look too painted on for me.

I don't know, there's been a ton over the years smile.gif .  In a way I think a certain amount of self absorption is probably a good thing in Survivor since it's ultimately an individual game, but a little can go a long way.  They have to be able to not think too much about the needs/wants of others and put themselves first, but they definitely have to be able to be cognizant of what's going on around them and factor in how people are feeling at the same time to be effective.

ron

Of course, people will "interpret" events to paint themselves in a better light and not just for the benefit of others, but themselves, too. In this season's Amazing Race, you have the guy that failed to use the Fast Forward even though his team was struggling and ended up being eliminated and he refused to admit that he screwed up and pretended like he didn't care. But just the way that Corrine phrases her comments gives me the impression that it's Corrine's world and we're all just living in it.

As far as having the abilitty to read the other tribemates and be able to adjust your gameplay depending on which way the wind is blowing, she definitely didn't learn anything from her first time because she was eliminated even before jury this time. Too bad too, because she sure would have had a whopper of a speech at Final Tribal.

And that Parvati. There is no bigger flirt than her!!! She has the "Lord of Darkness" wrapped around her finger. She could sweet talk you as she's slitting your throat and you'd think you were the luckiest guy in the world!

Did anyone find it strangely arousing as P and C were talking about putting gross, slimy things in their mouths and having them squirt? :O
post #459 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 01:21 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Of course, people will "interpret" events to paint themselves in a better light and not just for the benefit of others, but themselves, too. In this season's Amazing Race, you have the guy that failed to use the Fast Forward even though his team was struggling and ended up being eliminated and he refused to admit that he screwed up and pretended like he didn't care. But just the way that Corrine phrases her comments gives me the impression that it's Corrine's world and we're all just living in it.

As far as having the abilitty to read the other tribemates and be able to adjust your gameplay depending on which way the wind is blowing, she definitely didn't learn anything from her first time because she was eliminated even before jury this time. Too bad too, because she sure would have had a whopper of a speech at Final Tribal.

And that Parvati. There is no bigger flirt than her!!! She has the "Lord of Darkness" wrapped around her finger. She could sweet talk you as she's slitting your throat and you'd think you were the luckiest guy in the world!

Did anyone find it strangely arousing as P and C were talking about putting gross, slimy things in their mouths and having them squirt? :O

Yes, it is a shame Corinne didn't make the jury alright.  Her appearances at the TC's and on the ponderosa clips would have been fun.  As far as Parvati goes, I was probably one of the few guys that never really rooted for her in the game.  To me it was so frustrating watching all the dudes falling into her sexy web of flirtation so damn easily.  On the other hand outside of the game I like her much better.  She's definitely a little full of herself, but it seems pretty benign and more playful than anything.

ron

post #460 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

I don't know, there's been a ton over the years smile.gif .  In a way I think a certain amount of self absorption is probably a good thing in Survivor since it's ultimately an individual game, but a little can go a long way.  They have to be able to not think too much about the needs/wants of others and put themselves first, but they definitely have to be able to be cognizant of what's going on around them and factor in how people are feeling at the same time to be effective.

ron

Yeah, I'd have a hard time ranking them above Richard Hatch on the self absorption scale. You have to take self absorption to a whole other level to believe the IRS is going to see things your way when it comes to not paying taxes on your winnings. biggrin.gifwink.gif
post #461 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Yeah, I'd have a hard time ranking them above Richard Hatch on the self absorption scale. You have to take self absorption to a whole other level to believe the IRS is going to see things your way when it comes to not paying taxes on your winnings. biggrin.gifwink.gif

Seriously.  Maybe he went to all his hearings in the nude thinking it would throw their game off?

ron

post #462 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Hatch contended during his IRS phase that CBS told him they paid the taxes for him .. of course, it was an "oral" statement .. he had no written paperwork ..

"The snake must eat the rat"

I'll add that Hatch in 2008 All Stars smuggled a small container of matches into the camp by inserting it up his butt .. which caused all contestants to be strip searched since then ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #463 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Hatch contended during his IRS phase that CBS told him they paid the taxes for him .. of course, it was an "oral" statement .. he had no written paperwork ..

I still have to go with being on a whole other level of self absorption. Even if that's what actually happened, you have to be seriously delusional if you've reached Hatch's age and position in life and don't realize that if you didn't get a 1099 showing that they withheld money then the IRS hasn't been informed and as far as they are concerned it didn't happen. And that's it's going to be up to you to take the other party to court and get it straightened out if it actually happened that way. And meanwhile, you still have to give the IRS the money it wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

"The snake must eat the rat"

I'll add that Hatch in 2008 All Stars smuggled a small container of matches into the camp by inserting it up his butt .. which caused all contestants to be strip searched since then ..

That's gotta be a joke right? eek.gif
post #464 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I still have to go with being on a whole other level of self absorption. Even if that's what actually happened, you have to be seriously delusional if you've reached Hatch's age and position in life and don't realize that if you didn't get a 1099 showing that they withheld money then the IRS hasn't been informed and as far as they are concerned it didn't happen. And that's it's going to be up to you to take the other party to court and get it straightened out if it actually happened that way. And meanwhile, you still have to give the IRS the money it wants.
That's gotta be a joke right? eek.gif

The IRS tidbit as well as the match smuggling are both true ..

Uncle Willie

post #465 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Brilliant play by Andrea tonight. Seemed like a bad plan to me and maybe she got lucky, but it worked perfectly and that's what counts. Great editing as well. I was sure they were voting for Malcolm until Jeff pulled the first Michael.

Also, a very slick play by Malcolm almost sniffing out the plan, but, even better, getting Reynolds to give him his idol when Malcolm had one himself. Wonder if he would have played his own there. This might help Malcolm down the road. I can't see how anyhow could possible think he has an idol now.

Seems to me that there's almost no benefit to letting anyone else know you have the idol, yet, in every season, people disclose they have it.
post #466 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought Malcolm was snuff bait for sure after telling Dawn the rat his plan, very slick move at tribal...
post #467 of 823 Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm just glad the episode came with 500% more Brenda. And 200% more Andrea.

But yeah very entertaining episode for sure. Good thing Andrea didn't listen to Dawn! And WTF about Dawn and freakouts?! She can't do it. She needs to continue to be the nice approachable old lady that everyone confides in!

And WTF with the Andrea & Eddie thing?! She almost gave everything away. Too wrapped up in her own game to keep things straight.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #468 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
My guess is Dawn's melt down in the preview is because Malcolm realizes that she is the snitch and outs her......

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider

normal on a two month old set..
post #469 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Dawn used to be one of my favorites, but I've lost a lot of respect for her the past two weeks. By the way, I told my wife, "Brenda's going to win this (the immunity challenge)," before it even got started. She is small enough that I figured she could more easily get her face up through the bars. Go Brenda!!!!
post #470 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 179
BRENDA! BRENDA! BRENDA! She won!! WOOOHOOO!! I know I say it every week but my goodness she looked good last night. Holy crap a lot of those shots were freaking awesome.

Cochran. I nearly spit out my water, he was so funny in his reward. When he was talking to the camera about how the guys wanted him and he called them all knuckleheads. Awesome!

I am confused, Malcolm acted like he really was nervous and thought he needed the idol, AND he seems REALLY tight with the male fans, yet they showed at the end that Malcolm voted for Reynolds. That whole thing confused me, is he with the fans or not? All he talked about how ws he had the numbers and was going to control this with the fans, yet he voted one of them and his main one. Weird.

The challenge where they threw the ball looked like it was nearly impossible for anyone to be able to block the ball, just throwing it over their head and it went in every time and when they jumped they never came close. The only thing they had was hoping someone missed their throw.

BRENDA!!!!!!

post #471 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Am I mistaken, but did Brenda win the immunity and they did not show any interviews with her? Not even a "Yaay, I can't believe I won. This is awesome!" Did she damage her vocal cords along with her knee? I figured she had a good shot at winning too because she owns/runs a water sports outfit on the beach. She must be comfortable in the water. Her knee must be really busted up because after she won, Jeff asked her if she was okay to come over to get the immunity necklace.

As for the ball toss challenge, on his first try, Eddie tried to zing the ball straight past Malcolm and I think Malcolm blocked it. Brenda was the first to lob it over Michael's head and then everybody started doing that. I guess the goalie was there just to try and distract the thrower. I think Phillip would have made a good goalie because he would have talked smack to the throwers to get them off their games and he wouldn't have even had to jump in the water. Unless, of course, he thought it best not to win and threw the challenge! Also a very telling break up of the teams. Jeff said it was a schoolyard pick system, not a random assignment. Obviously each faction stuck together where all the young guys chose each other and the favorites chose each other. I think the last two picks were Cochran and Sherri and the guys chose Cochran as the lesser of two evils and Sherri was left out.
post #472 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

BRENDA! BRENDA! BRENDA! She won!! WOOOHOOO!! I know I say it every week but my goodness she looked good last night. Holy crap a lot of those shots were freaking awesome.

Cochran. I nearly spit out my water, he was so funny in his reward. When he was talking to the camera about how the guys wanted him and he called them all knuckleheads. Awesome!

I am confused, Malcolm acted like he really was nervous and thought he needed the idol, AND he seems REALLY tight with the male fans, yet they showed at the end that Malcolm voted for Reynolds. That whole thing confused me, is he with the fans or not? All he talked about how ws he had the numbers and was going to control this with the fans, yet he voted one of them and his main one. Weird.

The challenge where they threw the ball looked like it was nearly impossible for anyone to be able to block the ball, just throwing it over their head and it went in every time and when they jumped they never came close. The only thing they had was hoping someone missed their throw.

BRENDA!!!!!!

Malcolm was voting to "go with the flow" and not get noticed by his alliance. During the Tribal Council discussion, it became apparent to him that things weren't going as he had planned, and he even said to the camera "I have no idea what's happening now". With no idea who to vote for, keeping it on Reynold was the "safe" option.
Quote:

Am I mistaken, but did Brenda win the immunity and they did not show any interviews with her? Not even a "Yaay, I can't believe I won. This is awesome!" Did she damage her vocal cords along with her knee? I figured she had a good shot at winning too because she owns/runs a water sports outfit on the beach. She must be comfortable in the water. Her knee must be really busted up because after she won, Jeff asked her if she was okay to come over to get the immunity necklace.

As for the ball toss challenge, on his first try, Eddie tried to zing the ball straight past Malcolm and I think Malcolm blocked it. Brenda was the first to lob it over Michael's head and then everybody started doing that. I guess the goalie was there just to try and distract the thrower. I think Phillip would have made a good goalie because he would have talked smack to the throwers to get them off their games and he wouldn't have even had to jump in the water. Unless, of course, he thought it best not to win and threw the challenge! Also a very telling break up of the teams. Jeff said it was a schoolyard pick system, not a random assignment. Obviously each faction stuck together where all the young guys chose each other and the favorites chose each other. I think the last two picks were Cochran and Sherri and the guys chose Cochran as the lesser of two evils and Sherri was left out.

Did you notice how gimpy Brenda was when she was tossing? She was putting little to no weight on that knee. Not a good sign!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #473 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has Brenda's gimpy knee even been mentioned on the show? Maybe I missed it if it was, but it's like the show has it's blinders on in regards to it.
post #474 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Malcolm is in some serious trouble but he just may be savvy enough to get out of it. Great move to coerce Reynold into giving him his idol. Malcolm will probably have to use his own at the next one as he will clearly be a target both for his rebellion and for being a threat at individual immunities. Also, Malcom will have some damage repair to do with Reynold on why he cast his vote to him, but that shouldn't be too hard, Malcolm will just say self-preservation and Reynold will say ok. But no one in the core alliance will trust him again.

Dawn is every bit as lame as her first season. She, Brandon, and "Blair" are just unwatchable with their regular meltdowns that the game is too much for their feeble brains to handle.

Brenda's knee doesn't seem like a huge factor, it is dinged up but seems kind of minor, and I don't think it alters her game much as she was a longshot to win physical immunities anyway. The reason Jeff asked whether she could come over and get the idol was not her knee, but that she would've been exhausted from the challenge and taking in that much water. I noticed Phillip had a wrap around his foot, some of his toes, maybe cut it or something, and he also seemed ginger at the challenge, but the strategy component is so much more compelling than devoting air time to these minor injuries.

Last night's episode was great, high tension on the vote with a number of possible plays at hand, and in the end we got to keep both Andrea and Malcolm and got rid of deadweight in Michael. Worked to our advantage as viewers.
post #475 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I was pretty disappointed with both challenges - the first one took the goalie out of the equation by its design. And the second one was less a matter of mental toughness than body shape.

Lord_Zath - 500% more Brenda? She still didn't say a word even in after winning a challenge. Sad.
post #476 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth View Post

I was pretty disappointed with both challenges - the first one took the goalie out of the equation by its design. And the second one was less a matter of mental toughness than body shape.

Lord_Zath - 500% more Brenda? She still didn't say a word even in after winning a challenge. Sad.

Yeah typically we just get little clips. This time we got bouncing Brenda 3 or 4 times. Plus the shot with the immunity necklace around her.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #477 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The second challenge did favor those of smaller stature since their faces could fit higher out of the bars, but it also involved mental toughness because you had to control your flight reflex as you gagged on the water when it lapped over your mouth when you tried to breath. You saw that Brenda was so in the zone that guys had to jump in the water to tell her she won the challenge, but it wasn't because her whole face was out of the water. She found a comfort zone and found a breathing pattern that allowed her to stay in the comfort zone. There is the stilts challenge that favor lighter people with smaller feet but then there are challenges that favor strength or speed or puzzle building skills.
post #478 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I was pretty disappointed with both challenges - the first one took the goalie out of the equation by its design.

Yes, the design was poor, surprising by Survivor standards. What confused me is how they determined the winner. I forget which team went first, between orange and purple. But you had Brenda who could've won it for one team (she missed) without the other team getting a chance to tie it. That would've meant that Brenda's team went 2nd.

But the very next shot, you had one of the guys on the other team make it to win it and Brenda's team didn't get a chance to tie it. It is like whoever went first was just an advantage and there weren't rounds per se.

Is what I am saying make any sense or did I miss something?
post #479 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
strange tribal council. looks like malcolm is on the bottom of the pecking order with the favorites.... which is fine by me actually. i don't understand the whole brenda situation. except for her winning the immunity challenge, she might as well be invisible. they've barely aired a word from her.
post #480 of 823 Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Yes, the design was poor, surprising by Survivor standards. What confused me is how they determined the winner. I forget which team went first, between orange and purple. But you had Brenda who could've won it for one team (she missed) without the other team getting a chance to tie it. That would've meant that Brenda's team went 2nd.

But the very next shot, you had one of the guys on the other team make it to win it and Brenda's team didn't get a chance to tie it. It is like whoever went first was just an advantage and there weren't rounds per se.

Is what I am saying make any sense or did I miss something?
Agree. That confused me as well.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page