Survivor Season 26 CBS HD February 13th, 2013 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I so rarely get a call correct that I feel the need to toot my own horn a bit. Heck I feel like Cochran winning an immunity challenge. wink.gif

I was one week early, but I'm still going to say i called it. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Perhaps this was the wrong time to tell him, but I think it was going to be necessary at some point for the four alpha males to know about all the hidden idols in order to be able to collaborate on their situation.

All four of them agree that they are going to be targeted after the merge and they don't have the votes to do anything about it, So the only thing that I can think of, is that one of guys that holds a hidden idol needs to win individual immunity and then they use all three idols they have to make sure that vote is so split up that their four votes determine the outcome.

This probably all breaks down if one of the guys that doesn't hold a hidden idol wins immunity since it's unlikely anyone will give up an idol in order to force the others into guessing who's not holding.

What they really need to do is tell everyone that they'll be drawing straws to see who gets to use the idols. Even if they don't actually do it, it might create enough confusion that their four votes would be the determining factor.

Of course, this only buys them one week, I don't know what they can do after that.

And I have to hand it to Phil, that was about as classy an exit as I think can be made on Survivor, by taking one for the alliance by telling everyone to stick to the original voting plan and that if he ended up getting eliminated it was worth it to force the idols to be played.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 173
awesome tribal. Awesome shots of Brenda. awesome episode.

post #543 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

awesome tribal. Awesome shots of Brenda. awesome episode.

I agree with all about Tribal last night - very entertaining. And think Brenda is pretty hawt... but wondering why there's not much talk about how darn cute Anrea is? Brenda and Andrea would make for one absolutely FUN weekend! biggrin.gif
post #544 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 361
I like them showing Eric's vote. It shows that either Reynolds or Malcolm turned on the their alliance. I still think the smart move would be to avoid alliance with Eddie, Malcom, or Reynold. Without an immunity idol they are just going to be competing with themselves to stick around. Malcolm may have made a bold move, but ultimately it is kind of a dumb move long term. He was in no danger of going home. He could have really overturned the game later down the road. He would have also have eliminated a real physical threat to win an immunity necklace in the next round.
post #545 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I so rarely get a call correct that I feel the need to toot my own horn a bit. Heck I feel like Cochran winning an immunity challenge. wink.gif

I was one week early, but I'm still going to say i called it. tongue.gif
And I have to hand it to Phil, that was about as classy an exit as I think can be made on Survivor, by taking one for the alliance by telling everyone to stick to the original voting plan and that if he ended up getting eliminated it was worth it to force the idols to be played.

Yup, you have to give Phillip kudos for keeping his team together. They could have easily have splintered and taken out one of their own, but his speech got them to stay together long enough to flush out the idol.
post #546 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

I was wondering, has Eric been quitely cavorting with the minority group, to vote out Phillup (Fillup! smile.gif) or was the final straw watching Phillip going into the pool dirty, taking off his draws, and seeing the huge dirt cloud around him in the pool?

makes you wonder how long the local crew had to drain and clean that pool afterwards eek.gif

My brother knows a former MLB player who was on a recent Survivor season and lives around here in Cental Texas.... he told my brother that they were not allowed to talk UNLESS there was a camera there. In other words, the producers don't want anyone talking off camera so that they can edit down to what they want. I don't think Eric is secretly cavorting with the minority group. They would have that on tape and for sure used it. I think Eric is just lost at Tribal Council and has no direction, so he just voted for Fillup!

Great episode, I predicted to my wife after Malcolm found that idol what was going to happen, and we laughed so hard... it was great.
Hughmc likes this.

-- David
post #547 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post

My brother knows a former MLB player who was on a recent Survivor season.....

Jeff Kent

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #548 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
The only thing more unbelievable than Malcolm finding the idol would have been Eddie finding it. I know editing, but there has to be much more going on that we don't see, which we knew. Think, if anyone but Malcolm, Eddie or Reynold found it, Eddie was going. Season after season it seems we are being brain trained into who is wanted to move on and win as opposed to who would in reality or who most of us would want to win. I cared less for Philip, but I don't favor anyone now. Corrine will have fun now with Agent blah blah....haha...fitting.!! No doubt the Immunity challenge was designed to favor Eddie, Reynold and Malcolm. All three are built like swimmers, and not one other contestant could have done as well...either age, long hair...lol...all drag in water......even the water baby couldn't keep up, she was good, but it showed how and why men and women perform differently and how in hindsight it was biased. So that assured one of the three the Immunity idol. Malcolm already had the other...only a matter of time.
post #549 of 823 Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:

My brother knows a former MLB player who was on a recent Survivor season and lives around here in Cental Texas.... he told my brother that they were not allowed to talk UNLESS there was a camera there. In other words, the producers don't want anyone talking off camera so that they can edit down to what they want. I don't think Eric is secretly cavorting with the minority group. They would have that on tape and for sure used it. I think Eric is just lost at Tribal Council and has no direction, so he just voted for Fillup!

Great episode, I predicted to my wife after Malcolm found that idol what was going to happen, and we laughed so hard... it was great.

that does play into what I have been claiming for years about editing.
post #550 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I like them showing Eric's vote. It shows that either Reynolds or Malcolm turned on the their alliance.
I'm pretty sure everyone voted for Philip. It was 4 votes for Philip, 4 for Eddie and 2 (Eric was supposed to have been the thrid vote) for Malcom.
post #551 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

The only thing more unbelievable than Malcolm finding the idol would have been Eddie finding it. I know editing, but there has to be much more going on that we don't see, which we knew. Think, if anyone but Malcolm, Eddie or Reynold found it, Eddie was going. Season after season it seems we are being brain trained into who is wanted to move on and win as opposed to who would in reality or who most of us would want to win. I cared less for Philip, but I don't favor anyone now. Corrine will have fun now with Agent blah blah....haha...fitting.!! No doubt the Immunity challenge was designed to favor Eddie, Reynold and Malcolm. All three are built like swimmers, and not one other contestant could have done as well...either age, long hair...lol...all drag in water......even the water baby couldn't keep up, she was good, but it showed how and why men and women perform differently and how in hindsight it was biased. So that assured one of the three the Immunity idol. Malcolm already had the other...only a matter of time.

Any and all Immunity Challenges will favor some players over others .. I don't think that particular swimming challenge was designed to help the 3 Amigos intentionally .. no more so than the eating contest would favor Cochran or a puzzle contest would favor Dawn .. etc .. I don't believe any challenge could be devised where someone did not have an advantage, IOW ..

While I won't take away from Agent Phil his game play, and I have said all along he was playing fairly well, IMO throwing in the towel without even trying the swimming challenge showed that the bluster and bravado was very superficial .. I believe he knew he had no chance and just decided why bother ..

With some luck and some great play, Malcolm pulled off a coup .. for the second time ..

He is playing the best game and is doing it by Outwitting / Outlasting / Outplaying

Although it's still a bit of a longshot, if Malcolm makes it to final, he should win .. and I hope he does ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #552 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
So do I.
post #553 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm sure the order of the challenges are decided ahead of time and there probably is some thought about which challenge to put where to somehow increase the chances of a more interesting season, but I doubt that they decide on the fly which challenge as the days go by to favor one team/person so that they do well. At least I hope we're not being manipulated like that and I'm sure there are some regulations on TV game shows to prevent that.

Remember last week when there were comments about how the grate in the water challenge favored people of slender stature? Well, now we have the challenge to favor people with dolphin-like abilities. wink.gif
post #554 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Of course the challenges must be planned out in advance .. and it's rare that anything new is used these days / or a variation of some sort from a previous season ..

And on the "Tide Rising Grate" .. I saw it as favoring someone that can remain calm and is comfortable in water, not necessarily a slender person .. and if you try and get on Survivor, you should definitely ask yourself if you are comfortable in water .. eek.gif

I'll add that I doubt if anyone saw Cochran as the guy that would nail the food challenge .. and how can a food challenge really favor anyone .. ?? And how would the producers know that .. ??

As a fan who's watched this thing from the get go, as far as challenges go, I believe it's the will to win as much as anything .. with a healthy dose of physical ability thrown in on some, but not all ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #555 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Great tribal!

They should have REALLY had some balls though and had Reynold give his individual immunity idol to Eddie or Malcolm -- and hold on to one of the hidden immunity idols (not play it).
post #556 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Any and all Immunity Challenges will favor some players over others .. I don't think that particular swimming challenge was designed to help the 3 Amigos intentionally .. no more so than the eating contest would favor Cochran or a puzzle contest would favor Dawn .. etc .. I don't believe any challenge could be devised where someone did not have an advantage, IOW ..

While I won't take away from Agent Phil his game play, and I have said all along he was playing fairly well, IMO throwing in the towel without even trying the swimming challenge showed that the bluster and bravado was very superficial .. I believe he knew he had no chance and just decided why bother ..

With some luck and some great play, Malcolm pulled off a coup .. for the second time ..

He is playing the best game and is doing it by Outwitting / Outlasting / Outplaying

Although it's still a bit of a longshot, if Malcolm makes it to final, he should win .. and I hope he does ..

Yeah, I would say he is not playing that well. He has alienated a large portion of the jury by betraying them. Instead of strengthening the position he was in with the Favorites he has made himself a walking target. He could have used Reynold as a bogey man that only he could defeat. Anytime you are in position where you have to win challenges to stick around with this many players left especially when you were in a position of power something is wrong with your game.
post #557 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

.... He could have used Reynold as a bogey man that only he could defeat . . . .

Based on this last challenge, maybe it's Reynolds keeping Malcolm around? wink.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #558 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yeah, I would say he is not playing that well. He has alienated a large portion of the jury by betraying them. Instead of strengthening the position he was in with the Favorites he has made himself a walking target. He could have used Reynold as a bogey man that only he could defeat. Anytime you are in position where you have to win challenges to stick around with this many players left especially when you were in a position of power something is wrong with your game.

You mean like Ozzie .. ?? wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #559 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You mean like Ozzie .. ?? wink.gif

Yeah, Ozzie won a lot of challenges the first time around, but without Yul he may have been voted after the first time he won individual immunity. The next two times he played he was out witted.
post #560 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Based on this last challenge, maybe it's Reynolds keeping Malcolm around? wink.gif

Malcolm would be selling the idea to the favorites and would not have gotten into the silly Three Amigos alliance.
post #561 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yeah, Ozzie won a lot of challenges the first time around, but without Yul he may have been voted after the first time he won individual immunity. The next two times he played he was out witted.

I believe Ozzie is ranked as the highest number of IC wins .. and lost in his final season by Cochran betraying him (after giving Cochran an Idol) and then losing a puzzle challenge ..

Uncle Willie

post #562 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I believe Ozzie is ranked as the highest number of IC wins .. and lost in his final season by Cochran betraying him (after giving Cochran an Idol) and then losing a puzzle challenge ..

I am not sure if you are using this as evidence that Ozzy is a good player or not? In Cook Island he won the first IC then lost the second challenge. Yul made the huge move that changed the game by revealing the immunity idol and getting Jonathan to flip. Ozzy went on to win out of the IC, but his run could have been cut short after one if Yul did not make the move. Cochran betrayed Ozzie because Ozzy played the same alpha male role Malcolm/Reynold was pedaling this season.
post #563 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I am not sure if you are using this as evidence that Ozzy is a good player or not? In Cook Island he won the first IC then lost the second challenge. Yul made the huge move that changed the game by revealing the immunity idol and getting Jonathan to flip. Ozzy went on to win out of the IC, but his run could have been cut short after one if Yul did not make the move. Cochran betrayed Ozzie because Ozzy played the same alpha male role Malcolm/Reynold was pedaling this season.

I'm simply making a comment .. however, I believe most would agree that Ozzie was a very good player .. and Cochran betrayed his entire tribe that season .. it was not just Ozzie .. Cochran felt he was the low man on the totem pole and flipped ..

Uncle Willie

post #564 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

It is true that they don't want them talking when the cameras are not rolling but it's because they don't want to miss anything that they might want to show.  And in reality that is only a very small portion of the time they are out there anyway.  They are recording them pretty much non-stop, except when they are making transitions and have to move/reset up the camera gear.  That would be like when they are getting ready to go/on the way/setting up for tribals/challenges etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

You can definitely tell they hid it just so Malcolm could find it because he was all alone and they clearly directed him there.  Oh wait, that's right, he wasn't alone and Dawn/Andrea were right next to him when he found it!  How could they be so careless when leading him there to get it! tongue.gif  Also as others have mentioned, the challenges and their order are determined well in advance of the game starting.  They have zero idea who will be around or who will be in positions of power when that planning is done.  Now I think it's clear they do some manipulating like when the decide whether or not to rehide immunity idols after the merge, but Probst has said that that's done to stimulate or maintain an interesting show, which is why you're likely to see more coming up this season.

Dawn talking about coming close to getting immunity idol herself

ron

post #565 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Is Malcolm playing the best game possible? No he isn't but Malcolm knew he was on the bottom of the FAVEs alliance because he was a threat. He was never in a position of power in the game. He and Corinne knew they were on the bottom and attempted their takeover and failed, primarily because Dawn had done a great job in gaining Corinne's confidence. Malcolm could have played passively and maybe made it to 5 or 6 but he was always going to be targeted by SRUS. Not much difference in going out where he probably will go out in the game as opposed to playing like Eric.
Loved the tribal and seeing the camera hog go home, but props to Phillip for being classy at Ponderosa.
Cochran was pretty funny this time making the cuckoo sign when SRUS was having their night meeting.
Dawn's meltdowns are getting so old, but she probably will make a good goat, especially since Cochran seems to want to use her for that purpose. it was hilarious how everyone laid around when she was screaming.
Eric voting for 'Fillup' made me laugh.
Sherri wanting Shamwow to be her Phillip and Phillip to be her Shamwow. You will make a wonderful goat.
Brenda. Thanks for showing up and saving Dawn's teeth. Now we are stuck with her for more episodes.
post #566 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I think Eric meant to write "FedUp" instead of "Fillup". Did he vote for the Special Agent because he might want to become the fourth Amigo, or did he just see an opportunity to get rid of Phillip. It wouldn't have mattered which way he voted. He's the ultimate floater, voting on a whim. I don't think any of his tribemates knows where he stands.
post #567 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

Is Malcolm playing the best game possible? No he isn't but Malcolm knew he was on the bottom of the FAVEs alliance because he was a threat. He was never in a position of power in the game. He and Corinne knew they were on the bottom and attempted their takeover and failed, primarily because Dawn had done a great job in gaining Corinne's confidence. Malcolm could have played passively and maybe made it to 5 or 6 but he was always going to be targeted by SRUS. Not much difference in going out where he probably will go out in the game as opposed to playing like Eric.

I would disagree. Malcolm made the leap to I am the bottom of this group move way faster than that was actually proven on the show. Eric seemed to be the bottom of the fav pile, but he didn't make any panic moves and if the favs stick together he is in a great position. Sometimes you have to make bold moves, and sometimes you have to sit quietly and be the swing vote.
post #568 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm simply making a comment .. however, I believe most would agree that Ozzie was a very good player .. and Cochran betrayed his entire tribe that season .. it was not just Ozzie .. Cochran felt he was the low man on the totem pole and flipped ..

Ozzy is a great physical player, but pretty bad at reading people or working with people to advance further in the game. Ozzy put Cochran on the outs and which gave the opening for Cochran's flip.
post #569 of 823 Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I just had a brainflash about why I don't want Malcolm to win.

It seems to me he has an unfair advantage. He is a veteran of one season, so he has that added experience. But, nobody else got to see him play, so nobody knows his game.
post #570 of 823 Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

I just had a brainflash about why I don't want Malcolm to win.

It seems to me he has an unfair advantage. He is a veteran of one season, so he has that added experience. But, nobody else got to see him play, so nobody knows his game.
That's kind of a silly reason. confused.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page