Survivor Season 26 CBS HD February 13th, 2013 - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not sure why they didn't just do a double elimination tribal instead of two triabals. Malcom must have been really close - I thought they showed him digging at the base of that tree where eventually Erik found it. He's still a dumb ass and handed it over to Andrea.rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Nice final tribal, she was stunned she got eliminated. Cochran really is controlling things, at least for now.

Good tribal, Brenda in a bikini, perfect!

post #633 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Nice final tribal, she was stunned she got eliminated. Cochran really is controlling things, at least for now.

What??!! eek.gif

Best reaction ever.
post #634 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Just when I was beginning to kind of like Andrea, she gets booted off. However, she certainly deserved it. Survivor history shows that more often than not, people who try to make a big move are usually the victims of their own treachery. It's good to see Brenda still with us, however. I'd love to see a final three of Brenda, Cochran, and Dawn. Then I wouldn't be really too disappointed at whoever won.
post #635 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Just when I was beginning to kind of like Andrea, she gets booted off. However, she certainly deserved it. Survivor history shows that more often than not, people who try to make a big move are usually the victims of their own treachery. It's good to see Brenda still with us, however. I'd love to see a final three of Brenda, Cochran, and Dawn. Then I wouldn't be really too disappointed at whoever won.

She deserved it, but only because she made the "big move" without ensuring her own safety.. by playing the idol that she carried out in her pocket. rolleyes.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #636 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Andrea made the same mistake as Corinne. She thought she was running the show and told everyone how to vote not realizing (even though it was brought up in TC) that everyone has a few final 3 deals. That made everyone uncomfortable because she's choosing people (Brenda, Dawn) in everyone else's alliances but she's protecting Eddie. She might have convinced Cochran to let go of Brenda, but she brought up Dawn's name, that sealed her fate right there.

Andrea also had the same timing gaffe as Corinne. Instead of going for the low hanging fruit (Eddie) to go this week, she had to make her Big Move. If she was in control as much as she thought she was, she could have convinced her people to vote off Brenda or Dawn next week. Somehow I think that her personal feelings against Brenda clouded her judgement.

And speaking of Eddie, how useless is this guy? He knows he's on the chopping block, but he quits in the first 5 minutes for donuts and milk. I understand that he didn't think he would last very long in the challenge, but there's a million dollars at stake.
post #637 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Andrea made the same mistake as Corinne. She thought she was running the show and told everyone how to vote not realizing (even though it was brought up in TC) that everyone has a few final 3 deals. That made everyone uncomfortable because she's choosing people (Brenda, Dawn) in everyone else's alliances but she's protecting Eddie. She might have convinced Cochran to let go of Brenda, but she brought up Dawn's name, that sealed her fate right there.

Andrea also had the same timing gaffe as Corinne. Instead of going for the low hanging fruit (Eddie) to go this week, she had to make her Big Move. If she was in control as much as she thought she was, she could have convinced her people to vote off Brenda or Dawn next week. Somehow I think that her personal feelings against Brenda clouded her judgement.

And speaking of Eddie, how useless is this guy? He knows he's on the chopping block, but he quits in the first 5 minutes for donuts and milk. I understand that he didn't think he would last very long in the challenge, but there's a million dollars at stake.
^^^^^ +1
post #638 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

She deserved it, but only because she made the "big move" without ensuring her own safety.. by playing the idol that she carried out in her pocket. rolleyes.gif

Exactly!  Even if she was completely clueless that Cochran wouldn't simply go along with her plan, she should have known that the immunity idol made her an instant target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

Not sure why they didn't just do a double elimination tribal instead of two triabals. Malcom must have been really close - I thought they showed him digging at the base of that tree where eventually Erik found it. He's still a dumb ass and handed it over to Andrea.rolleyes.gif

The immunity idol can also be the kiss of death when everybody knows you have one.  Maybe he was thinking along those lines?   Ehhh, I doubt it.  He really does seem like an airhead.   After winning the immunity challenge, he could have saved the idol for the next round and been safe through the final 5.  

Quote:

...  And speaking of Eddie, how useless is this guy? He knows he's on the chopping block, but he quits in the first 5 minutes for donuts and milk. I understand that he didn't think he would last very long in the challenge, but there's a million dollars at stake.

Is it possible that Eddie is intentionally looking weak in challenges to convince the others that he's not a real threat?   He really has been absolutely useless from every perspective in this game, yet he's still there.   Brenda made an interesting comment when she voted out Reynold, basically saying that he would have been better off if he'd been more humble.   Maybe Eddie is playing the humble/non-threat card?   Based on what we've seen so far,  its hard to give Eddie any credit for what he's been (or hasn't been) doing, but I guess you never know.   

post #639 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
At this point, it seems as if Cochran is playing a great game. I don't think he's pissed anyone off and his honesty about lying might help with the jury. He can also play his 2 immunity wins to the jury. Great move this week by him in getting Andrea out. She's the only other player in this game doing any thinking. I'm not sure anyone left can pull off a move to get rid of him now. Perhaps they have one more shot at it (his link with Dawn appears to be unbreakable), but if they don't take it, I think he's got a great shot to win.

I don't see any way at all that Dawn or Sherri could win. Erik, Brenda and Eddie could all possibly win though too.
post #640 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 696
I will agree that Cochran is playing a very good technical game and he's had a bit of luck as well .. however, we are entering the stage where the "Who can I beat at Final Tribal.. ??" thoughts begin to take charge and if we here on the thread see how well he's done so far and how good a talker he is, you can bet the rest of the tribe is likely thinking the same way ..

To this point, however, Cochran has played the best game I have to grudgingly admit .. eek.gif

And Dawn is taking much of her game I think from Cirie .. I think Probst once said abour Cirie that her greatest asset was her ability to make you forget she is your opponent .. and Dawn has some of that as well ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #641 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

And Dawn is taking much of her game I think from Cirie .. I think Probst once said abour Cirie that her greatest asset was her ability to make you forget she is your opponent .. and Dawn has some of that as well ..

I bet Corinne, Malcolm, Reynold  and probably Andrea would disagree with you.  I'm pretty sure they will forever remember Dawn as an opponent.     I think there is almost no chance that Dawn can win this game.        She has already betrayed several jury members and I don't think her emotional outbursts/breakdowns are helping her cause with any future jury members.  

post #642 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 32
i was really surprised that andrea didnt play her idol considering how practically every tribal they talked about splitting the vote to flush out the idol. also knowing there was only one, possibly two more tribals where she could have played it. oh well, at least brenda is still in it. i'd rather reynold be there instead of eddie but hey, you can't have everything.
post #643 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 135
My opinion is that Dawn has no strong strategy in the game except to not play the game that she did the last time where she did nothing when Cochran told her that he was going to flip. Look at it this way, Corinne told her that she wanted to do a big move and Dawn ran to her alliance mates and said "What do we do?" In last night's episode, Andrea told

Cochran that she wanted to do a big move and get Brenda or Dawn out. How did he react? He told B & D what Andrea said and then devised a plan to get Andrea out. Same situation, different ways of handling it.

Dawn just might make the final 3 if Cochran survives and brings her in as a goat. Sherri is in the same category. Eddie might just sneak into the F3 if he manages to win an immunity challenge despite himself. Eric is a total enigma, but if he keeps winning IC's then he might just make it. If Brenda can stage a coup against Cochran, she might also make F3. Is Dawn more loyal to Brenda because of the lost teeth episode or to Cochran?
post #644 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I bet Corinne, Malcolm, Reynold  and probably Andrea would disagree with you.  I'm pretty sure they will forever remember Dawn as an opponent.     I think there is almost no chance that Dawn can win this game.        She has already betrayed several jury members and I don't think her emotional outbursts/breakdowns are helping her cause with any future jury members.  

Once you're gone, of course .. it's during the game that's the key .. I'm sure those that Cirie helped send packing felt the same way after the fact .. eek.gif

if my count is correct ..

Brenda has had 2 tribal votes, both at the last tribal
Cochran has had none in the entire season
Dawn has had one
Erik has had one
Eddie has had ten
Sherri has had six

So the final 6 have all played a pretty good game ..

If I were playing, from this point on I'd try and have Sherri and Erik next to me at final Tribal .. neither of which, IMO, can make a strong case on why they should win ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #645 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

I will agree that Cochran is playing a very good technical game and he's had a bit of luck as well .. however, we are entering the stage where the "Who can I beat at Final Tribal.. ??" thoughts begin to take charge and if we here on the thread see how well he's done so far and how good a talker he is, you can bet the rest of the tribe is likely thinking the same way ..

To this point, however, Cochran has played the best game I have to grudgingly admit .. eek.gif

Respect to you Magic D.  Based on your previous, uhh, strongly negative feelings toward Cochran when he flipped in South Pacific smile.gif, it's nice to see that you have had an open mind toward him this season.  There are other people who just can't seem to let it go which is unfortunate, but not altogether surprising...  Let's see how he handles the end game now.

ron

post #646 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Respect to you Magic D.  Based on your previous, uhh, strongly negative feelings toward Cochran when he flipped in South Pacific smile.gif , it's nice to see that you have had an open mind toward him this season.  There are other people who just can't seem to let it go which is unfortunate, but not altogether surprising...  Let's see how he handles the end game now.

ron

I appreciate that .. and at this point I'll add that based on who's left, if he can make it to the final, he deserves the win and I think he'll get it .. Outwit, Outlast, Outplay .. Cochran has done all 3 well ..

Like him or not .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

post #647 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

The one thing I admire about Cochran is that he knows the game better than anyone except Jeff Probst and probably loves it about as much also (guess that's two things smile.gif).
post #648 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Andrea has been voted out three times in two seasons. Good job girl. Actually her timing wasn't off as odd number players at F7 or F5 are the best times to move on someone and next week at F6 would not be a good time with an even number left. Her mistake was targeting Dawn. How she could play as part of that core group for this whole season and not know that Cochran/Dawn are joined at the hip is beyond me. I could see Malcolm not getting Dawn/Cochran but no excuse for Andrea.
Eric gives away the idol, I guess he is content with trying to Ozzy his way into the F3. Good luck Erik.
Brenda a little late in the game to be playing. Still looks good in that bikini though.
Sherri if you make it to F3 as one of the goats don't cry, you can probably get more votes than Dawn.
Dawn, can't wait for the crying next week at family visit. Save some crying for final tribal if Cochran gets you there.
Eddie, I love donuts too.
Cochran, congratulations you played a pretty good game this time around, and better than any of the sheeple that are left Give Erik and Andrea a cut of that million dollars.
post #649 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM

I think my first post about Andrea was a little off. Once she lost Fillup she lost a lot of power. I'm not sure how much she could have controlled the endgame with Brenda seemingly buddies with Dawn/Cochran and Eric being so random. No excuse with an idol in your pocket though.
post #650 of 823 Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
restating the obvious...play the fing idol...Andrea was even told by...Eric? at tribal that it can only be used another time after that tribal, so its a no brainer. Simply logic they ALL need to maintain. Trust this: Trust no one, but act like you trust them all.
post #651 of 823 Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
when Cochrane stated that everyone has promised 2 others to go to the end, only to lie to others about it, Andrea should have read between the lines and played her idol.
post #652 of 823 Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hey at least she got a keepsake from the show. biggrin.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #653 of 823 Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

So the final 6 have all played a pretty good game ..

If I were playing, from this point on I'd try and have Sherri and Erik next to me at final Tribal .. neither of which, IMO, can make a strong case on why they should win ..

I agree ...
Dawn, if she makes it all the way to the end, has a much better case to win than either Sherri or Eric ...
Dawn's main problem is that she needs to get her head into game thinking, & be willing to eliminate her threats, ..., & realize that Brenda, Cochrane & Eddie are her main threats to a decent shot at winning the game ...
Cochrane has a better shot at winning "almost" regardless of who he takes, however he is more likley at this point to understand who to take....
post #654 of 823 Old 05-03-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I agree ...
Dawn, if she makes it all the way to the end, has a much better case to win than either Sherri or Eric ...
Dawn's main problem is that she needs to get her head into game thinking, & be willing to eliminate her threats, ..., & realize that Brenda, Cochrane & Eddie are her main threats to a decent shot at winning the game ...
Cochrane has a better shot at winning "almost" regardless of who he takes, however he is more likley at this point to understand who to take....

I think our "technician" Cochran, knew exactly who he wanted to take to the final weeks ago ..

Uncle Willie

post #655 of 823 Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM

It was nice of the editors to include Cochran's conversation with Fillup where he said Dawn was a good goat. Everyone includes Sherri as a goat, but nobody has the leverage but Cochran to make it all happen.
post #656 of 823 Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yeah, props to Cochran. He's come a long way since he first appeared on Survivor. He's thinking very rationally and applying what he's studied about the game now that he's past the "I can't believe I'm here!" from his first season. He's got a decent shot at winning and it'll be well deserved if he does.
post #657 of 823 Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh wow, a comparison between Dawn and Cirie, what in the world!? This game and life itself is too big for Dawn, much like Lisa W (Blair) from last season. If Dawn skates by to the final 3, I will look for something sharp to stab myself in the eye with. Cirie was a fascinating player, a puppet master, and an instigator all in one.
post #658 of 823 Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Oh wow, a comparison between Dawn and Cirie, what in the world!? This game and life itself is too big for Dawn, much like Lisa W (Blair) from last season. If Dawn skates by to the final 3, I will look for something sharp to stab myself in the eye with. Cirie was a fascinating player, a puppet master, and an instigator all in one.

Yet, both made it far in the game .. I don't know if you are really watching Dawn play .. just set your opinion aside for a moment on her and assume what she is doing is actual play .. much like Cirie .. if you don't think there is a degree of puppeteering and instigation going on, then so be it .. eek.gif

And, yes, yes, I know all the arguments about is it play or is it not .. the one thing that must be considered is time in the game since how you got there is secondary .. OUTLAST .. you know ..

Uncle Willie

post #659 of 823 Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I don't think Dawn has a chance of winning.
post #660 of 823 Old 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 77
IMO,

Cochran > Brenda > Dawn > Eddie > Sherri

Therefore, Cochran needs to get rid of Brenda NOW.

Brenda needs to get rid of Cochran NOW.

Dawn needs Cochran and Brenda to fight each other and get out.

Eddie needs Cochran, Brenda, and Dawn to leave on injury.

Sherri needs Eddie out ASAP plus... nah she's not gonna win.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page