Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Supermodel-gorgeous??

Please.....

rolleyes.gif..

Given how she looks without makeup... I can see where he's going there.

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember Nexus

post #723 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I did misunderstand your post and I offer my apology for that .. I thought for some reason you were calling me out ...

So, on the question of what in my opinion constitutes a player deserving to be at the final tribal .. well, I know many fans believe it's anything goes short of bodily harm and I understand that .. and I also believe it's logical .. how you get there is secondary to being there, because a player has a million reasons to just get there ..

However, I personally believe that if a player has any sense of honor, they should not sell that out .. and yes, I know it's wishful thinking .. I personally don't care for players like Fairplay, Russell Hantz .. etc

I don't watch the confessionals and perhaps I should in order to gain some additional insight ..

And again, apologies for being thin skinned earlier today .. smile.gif

No worries man.  That whole situation was the main thing I was referring to prior to the episode when I said people's opinions on some characters would likely shift.  It was definitely polarizing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

that's the impression i got too. but it didn't look like she let her win. it looked like she was trying her hardest right up to letting go.

oh well. another season where my personal fave doesn't make it. nothing new there. in the preview, did they allude to a possible med evac? it looked like someone was in distress.

It looked like she had intended on trying to win to me too, and held on until she was very close to losing it.  I think she might have been able to hold on a bit longer if she really felt threatened but I doubt it would have been "a lot longer" like she said afterward in that confessional.  Dawn looked like she was still in pretty decent shape too.

The previews definitely point to some sort of evac.  Crazy time for that so close to the end.

And to me I would say Brenda is "super cute", from head to toe smile.gif

ron

post #724 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Brenda would do OK as a Walmart sale booklet model, but I don't think she's in the caliber of runway Super Model .. she's cute, she's got a really great build ..

But, this .. I don't think so ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #725 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Brenda is real while the super models are "fake" ...
post #726 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

Brenda is real while the super models are "fake" ...

That's probably true in many cases (not all) .. but being real is not going to help much when apparently the main criteria is being "fake" .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #727 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Yeah, kind of a butter face if you ask me. Great posterior though smile.gif

superior posterior
post #728 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Another interview with Probst regarding the season and finale.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-caramoan-finale-jeff-probst-520260

ron

post #729 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Boy did that quote bring back some old memories. By the O'Jays, right?

you got it, bro ..

Blades are long, clenched tight in their fist
Aimin' straight at your back
And I don't think they'll miss

Uncle Willie

post #730 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Being no author, Brenda's a 10 in my book. smile.gif

I could never figure out if she was of Asian or Latin decent. Apparently both. According to Survivor Wiki http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Brenda_Lowe she's of Chinese and Bolivian decent. Also engaged and........ pregnant?
post #731 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

I could never figure out if she was of Asian or Latin decent. Apparently both. According to Survivor Wiki http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Brenda_Lowe she's of Chinese and Bolivian decent. Also engaged and........ pregnant?

Yep. 

ron

post #732 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

I guess that you guys that don't consider her super-model quality can relax now that she's pregnant. She won't be pounding at your doors for a date since she's probably in a relationship too. You won't have to worry about figuring out how to let her down gently.
post #733 of 823 Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I must be a mean old man because I laughed when Brenda went home. She made one ally and that was with a seemingly unstable woman. Dawn had already betrayed other people so a supposed savvy player like Brenda ( overrated IMHO ) should have known better.The whole blown family visit and IC was her own fault. She was going to be targeted by Cochran anyway so the family visit while creating a lot of tension probably wasn't going to matter in the long run. Go home 6th, 5th take your choice. It was better for Cochran to send her packing at 6 instead of risking Brenda winning another immunity. Brenda was going to send three of the people she allowed on the family visit home and she was hoping they would be likely jury votes so there wasn't anything cruel about sending her packing. I wonder which Brenda is the real one ? The Nicaragua Brenda that didn't want Kelly Bruno in her alliance because Kelly might get pity votes from a jury because of her prosthetic leg.You know ,the Brenda that aligned with the hideous Naonka and three other clowns. The Nicaragua Brenda that acted entitled, condescending and wanted to be Parvati except she wasn't very good at the game. Or the FVF Brenda that is all 'humble' and played nice. I guess I never liked her,. As far as Dawn goes she wasn't going to win over the jury because most of them seem to be for Cochran. She could probably beat Sherri and Erik maybe.
I hope there isn't a medevac because that would suck at this late date. It seems likely that there is because the previews for those type of events this season have been accurate.
Too bad the Hantz clan won't be around, that would have been hilarious.
post #734 of 823 Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

I must be a mean old man because I laughed when Brenda went home. She made one ally and that was with a seemingly unstable woman. Dawn had already betrayed other people so a supposed savvy player like Brenda ( overrated IMHO ) should have known better.The whole blown family visit and IC was her own fault. She was going to be targeted by Cochran anyway so the family visit while creating a lot of tension probably wasn't going to matter in the long run. Go home 6th, 5th take your choice. It was better for Cochran to send her packing at 6 instead of risking Brenda winning another immunity. Brenda was going to send three of the people she allowed on the family visit home and she was hoping they would be likely jury votes so there wasn't anything cruel about sending her packing. I wonder which Brenda is the real one ? The Nicaragua Brenda that didn't want Kelly Bruno in her alliance because Kelly might get pity votes from a jury because of her prosthetic leg.You know ,the Brenda that aligned with the hideous Naonka and three other clowns. The Nicaragua Brenda that acted entitled, condescending and wanted to be Parvati except she wasn't very good at the game. Or the FVF Brenda that is all 'humble' and played nice. I guess I never liked her,. As far as Dawn goes she wasn't going to win over the jury because most of them seem to be for Cochran. She could probably beat Sherri and Erik maybe.
I hope there isn't a medevac because that would suck at this late date. It seems likely that there is because the previews for those type of events this season have been accurate.

I agree 100%.

You are a mean old man! ;-) You have a far better memory than me. The only impression that I had of Nicaragua Brenda was that she played aggressively but was not very smart in her choices. Whether or not she really turned over a new leaf this time around is up for debate, but you can't deny that she took the criticisms and her dad's advice to heart and played a different outward game. As to her alliances in FVF, it seems as though she was on good terms with Eric and Dawn, but they did not play a loyal game. They just voted where they felt the power was and Cochran is running the show, so I don't think there's much Brenda could do to save herself.
post #735 of 823 Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
...I hope there isn't a medevac because that would suck at this late date. It seems likely that there is because the previews for those type of events this season have been accurate.

I agree.  And, having (any) Hantz bitten by a snake would have been a first - first time a poisonous snake bites someone and the snake dies.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #736 of 823 Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I also chuckled when Brenda left, but it wasn't until after the next week preview when they shifted to her parting words and she was wimpering.  I just shook my head and said, "Come on girl, buck up".  It was quite the 180 from the previous week where she was beaming and celebrating after their successful blindside of her alliance mate Andrea, to her sobing for herself for being so "meanly" booted by her tribe mates (mostly Dawn).  How could they (she)?  Uh, well, it is a game for a million dollars and everybody else is trying to win too you know tongue.gif

No question a large part of the game is trying to keep the emotions out of it.  Definitely not an easy thing to do as it goes against basic human nature and especially under that kind of physical/emotional stress.  In the end she couldn't and let her guard down by fully trusting Dawn who she apparently figured would be happy to be one of her goats at the end.

It does look like the possibility of an evac is probable, so I just hope it would come as early as possible so that it doesn't totally mess things up and give a fluke group to the final tribal council.

ron

post #737 of 823 Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I voted for Brenda for the 100k. I was surprised she actually got 2nd, figured Cochran would run away with that also.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #738 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I must be a mean old man because I laughed when Brenda went home.

I laughed too, and not because I didn't like her or I didn't want her to win!
post #739 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Good for Cochran, he deserved to win.

post #740 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thoughts ... :

A) When Cochrane was asked " what do you have that you think made you better than me"?.. It seemd obvious to me that, first, he wasn't intending to vote for Cochrane, & 2nd, it was one of the best answers ever given ...
You could tell he wanted to rip Cochran a new one expecting some Bull**i* answer, but when Cochrane said " insecruity", explained how it actually helped his game, & "You don't strike me as being as insucure as I Am" ..., He had no comeback, & later they showed him voting saying " I wasn't expecting to write this name down" ...

B) As soon as I saw the blood in water teaser, I immediately thought "Blodd is thicker than water" , it must have something to do with families or peope related to each other playing ... ( Evil Dick & his daughter from Big Brother woud be a laugh ..) ...
post #741 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Was this the first time that the entire cast wasn't on stage for the reunion? In seasons past, they'd announce the winner with the finalists and jury onstage, then the rest of the cast would stream out from backstage as Probst went to a commercial.

I have no problem with limiting the reunion to the jury - there's never enough time to talk to them anyhow* and any questions tossed their way tend to be quick ones at the end - but I wonder if there was a conscious effort to keep Hantz, and the possibility of him attempting to steal the spotlight, off the stage.

(*Personally, I'd love to see a longer version of the reunion special. Even with the cast limited to the jury only, it seems rushed.)

ETA: Well, I just found this: http://www.examiner.com/article/survivor-spoilers-brandon-hantz-reportedly-banned-from-caramoan-reunion-show
Looks like Brandon was banned from the reunion.

I'm also wondering if the article isn't correct in prediciting a Hantz vs Hantz Survivor next season. Ugh.

post #742 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

Was this the first time that the entire cast wasn't on stage for the reunion? In seasons past, they'd announce the winner with the finalists and jury onstage, then the rest of the cast would stream out from backstage as Probst went to a commercial.

I have no problem with limiting the reunion to the jury - there's never enough time to talk to them anyhow* and any questions tossed their way tend to be quick ones at the end - but I wonder if there was a conscious effort to keep Hantz, and the possibility of him attempting to steal the spotlight, off the stage.

(*Personally, I'd love to see a longer version of the reunion special. Even with the cast limited to the jury only, it seems rushed.)

ETA: Well, I just found this: http://www.examiner.com/article/survivor-spoilers-brandon-hantz-reportedly-banned-from-caramoan-reunion-show
Looks like Brandon was banned from the reunion.

I'm also wondering if the article isn't correct in prediciting a Hantz vs Hantz Survivor next season. Ugh.

This was the first time only the jury was on stage. I hope we don't ever have to see a Hantz on the show again. Ratings or not, those people are just plain idiots.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #743 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
congrats to cochran. he played a really good game. i liked his explanation of how playing survivor is a balancing act.... you have to be vigilant without being paranoid; and calm without being complacent. also, how it's a game of timing. plus, he did a great job with all of his replies. of course he would've had to bungle that pretty badly not to win. i was hoping that eddie would make the final 3....for two reasons: so dawn wouldn't have to go through the inevitable over-the-top grilling and i thought eddie might get a few votes and put the outcome in doubt.
post #744 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Please!!! No Hantz versus Hantz!!! For the love of God!!!

Cochran deserved that win all the way. I didn't see the jury votes. Did he get all the votes?

I have to give Sherri credit (the only time). She was ready for the Goat question and poor Eric put his foot in the Bear Trap. He brought a pea-shooter to a gun fight and Sherri let him have it with both barrels!!!

It was good TV drama, but I didn't like what Brenda did to Dawn. There was no need for that. Perhaps that's Brenda's true mean streak coming out? But Dawn should have shown some strength as Malcolm advised and just told Brenda to get over it and not do it.
post #745 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Relax. Probst has already said that Brandon will NEVER be on Survivor again.
post #746 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
All-in-all, a very well deserved win for Cochran. Having said that, I think that Dawn actually played a little bit better game than most of the players gave her credit for - it seems only Malcolm and Andrea really recognized it, and they still didn't vote for her. In many ways, I don't think Cochran could have won without Dawn. He simply doesn't have the social graces to become close with everyone, so he had to depend on Dawn to forge the close relationships so that they would trust her and spill their guts to her over and over. She did it with Corrine, Andrea, Brenda...

So do Sherri and Dawn split the 2nd/3rd place money?

I laughed many times at how dismissive the jurists were with Sheri during the final tribal. Hilarious!!
post #747 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Cochran deserved that win all the way. I didn't see the jury votes. Did he get all the votes?

I have to give Sherri credit (the only time). She was ready for the Goat question and poor Eric put his foot in the Bear Trap. He brought a pea-shooter to a gun fight and Sherri let him have it with both barrels!!!

It was good TV drama, but I didn't like what Brenda did to Dawn. There was no need for that. Perhaps that's Brenda's true mean streak coming out? But Dawn should have shown some strength as Malcolm advised and just told Brenda to get over it and not do it.

I wish Eric would have had the backbone to stand up to Sherri.
Just 'I'm not finished yet...I'll sit down when I'm ready to sit down' would have stopped her in her tracks.

That said, her address to the Jury was pathetic....much like her effort in challenges...

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #748 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Relax. Probst has already said that Brandon will NEVER be on Survivor again.

Although Brandon may never again appear (I hope) .. I don't think anything prevents other Hantz family members .. we could see Russell and his 2nd cousin, IOW ..

Or a couple of totally new Hantz folks ..

Uncle Willie

post #749 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Sherri doesn't need the money. Much like Hantz, she's just doing it for the lolz.

I felt really bad for Brenda - to have her on satellite and then announce how close the vote was and then for her to miss it by 1%.

My DVR only recorded the first 15 min. of the reunion show, and then we switched to live TV and caught the last 15 min. Did I miss anything important during the 30 min in the middle?

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #750 of 823 Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

I wish Eric would have had the backbone to stand up to Sherri.
Just 'I'm not finished yet...I'll sit down when I'm ready to sit down' would have stopped her in her tracks.

That said, her address to the Jury was pathetic....much like her effort in challenges...

After the removal of Eric, he was still probably not back to 100% ..

As well, he's fairly weak in the aggression area anyway ..

Sherri was obviously pissed .. however, at the reunion, she did look much better to me than she did on the show .. and I don't recall her getting the chance to add any commentary last night .. ??

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page