post #811 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

They seriously cannot pull themselves out of the Hantz's asses to save their lives. rolleyes.gif
The fact that Hantzs are still being discussed is the reason the show would WANT to have them on the show. Trust me even if some say they will not watch if a Hantz is on the show, the rating will prove otherwise. The producers want individuals that will generate "buzz" either you love or you hate them makes no difference. The worst survivor would be someone the audience could care less about. These types of show need both "heroes" and "villains" to work at it's best. The more you are beloved or hated the better. I do remember that Jeff said Brandon will never be back but I am betting that Russell and possible other Hantz clansman will be on the show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

The fact that Hantzs are still being discussed is the reason the show would WANT to have them on the show. Trust me even if some say they will not watch if a Hantz is on the show, the rating will prove otherwise. The producers want individuals that will generate "buzz" either you love or you hate them makes no difference. The worst survivor would be someone the audience could care less about. These types of show need both "heroes" and "villains" to work at it's best. The more you are beloved or hated the better. I do remember that Jeff said Brandon will never be back but I am betting that Russell and possible other Hantz clansman will be on the show.

My problem with this is those idiots pander to the lowest common denominator. I would rather see new people that were boring as hell than these idiots for the umpteenth time.

As far as I'm concerned, if they (CBS and Burnett) are so desperate for ratings that they feel they can't achieve them without shoving the Hantz' down our throats over and over and over again, then maybe it's time to call it quits.

Oh, and since it probably won't be Brandon, count on it being Russell and his moron brother Willie that was kicked off Big Brother.
post #813 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 665
I don't have any idea if Russ or any of his clan will be on the next season .. what I do know is Russ went on record stating he would never return .. I think it's a safe bet that Brandon won't be back .. ever ..

I'm not a Russell fan .. never have been .. he was one of the few players over the years that made me almost throw a shoe at my TV at some point .. however, the inclusion of Russ in the game is a ratings grab and in no way any different than bringing back, say Boston Rob or Rupert ..

The latest speculated cast is as follows :

Laura Morret and her daughter Cierra
Tyson and his girlfriend Rachel
Colton and his partner Caleb
Tina Wesson and her daughter Katie
Aras and his brother Vitus
Monica Culpepper and her husband NFL player Brad Culpepper
Gervase and it is currently speculated to be his nephew E.G, but it is stated that his relative might be an unknown female, which would balance the genders out, rather than it being the 11-9 male majority that it is currently at.
Rupert and his wife Laura
Kat and her boyfriend Big Brother 12 winner Hayden
RC and her dad Craig
Rob CESTERNINO and his wife Nicole

And with all casting, some of these are alternates ..

it is also speculated that the tribes will be split based on relation, with one tribe consisting of pairs that are related by blood, and the other tribe consisting of pairs that are related by marriage or being in a relationship.

At any rate, although I wish they would stop with the recycled casting, I will have to admit that the Blood / Water theme is likely to have quite a bit of drama .. especially when a daughter or brother or husband/wife gets the boot ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #814 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am usually not a fan of the "twists" to the normal format but I agree this concept does have the potential for a lot of drama!

barry
post #815 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'd rather see Russell than Boston Rob ...
post #816 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

I'd rather see Russell than Boston Rob ...

I'm not sure, but I think that makes one of you. I hate that troll with an almost molten fury. His nephew may be worse to some, not to me.
post #817 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Love him or hate him, you gotta give Boston Rob credit for making a nice chunk of change and extending his 15 minutes .. I personally don't care for his smirking mug either ..

And I feel fairly certain that if Russell was cast, there would be some scuttlebutt on that floating around since Russ has a big mouth ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #818 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 109
"Boston Rob and Nicole". Who's Nicole? Isn't his wife's name "Am-Buh"?
post #819 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

"Boston Rob and Nicole". Who's Nicole? Isn't his wife's name "Am-Buh"?

That was probably supposed to be Rob CESTERNINO and his wife Nicole.  That rumor has since been debunked though as they are still stateside and his wife is actually pregnant apparently...

ron

post #820 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

That was probably supposed to be Rob CESTERNINO and his wife Nicole.  That rumor has since been debunked though as they are still stateside and his wife is actually pregnant apparently...

ron

I should take the time to edit a cut and paste .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #821 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

ron

When Rob C. Appeared on the Survivor After Show this season, Parvati asked him if he would do it again and he said no because of his webcast , "Survivor Know It All", or something like that and Parvati was giving him a hard time because if he lost, he couldn't call himself that anymore.
post #822 of 823 Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

When Rob C. Appeared on the Survivor After Show this season, Parvati asked him if he would do it again and he said no because of his webcast , "Survivor Know It All", or something like that and Parvati was giving him a hard time because if he lost, he couldn't call himself that anymore.

He's been building a cottage reality TV web business (in addition to his regular job):

http://robhasawebsite.com/

It started with his Survivor background doing podcast interviews with past players during the seasons, and has recently expanded to include some other RTV shows.  Since he was a past player known for his game play, (and because he's obviously intelligent), he's able to get good interviews and he's not bad behind the mic himself.  The Know It Alls thing is something he started where he and Stephen Fishbach (runner up on Survivor Tocantins), rehash the episodes live, right after they air on the east coast.  They are also recorded for podcast consumption as well. 

He had been rumored along with his wife Nicole (who sits in on his podcasts occasionally and has a good personality) as contestants next season, so for a while people were joking about it with him in round about ways.  He played along with it for a bit until he announced they were having a baby next fall.

ron

post #823 of 823 Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013

new thread .. time to weigh in .. eek.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1481764/survivor-season-27-cbs-hd-september-18th-2013

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page