Survivor Season 26 CBS HD February 13th, 2013 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 823 Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2068 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I'd still like to see the show revert back to its roots where they have to scrounge for food. Maybe have to eat roots. eek.gif

I would too .. but that would mean they might have to actually "Survive" .. now it seems like it's all about the drama .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 823 Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 599
I thought it was a great start to a new season. I liked the challenges, poor Francesca, but saw it coming after the whole I will eat this rock thing. Phillip being back, that's just wrong lol.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #63 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked: 1198
So glad this is back. Great first challenge, very physical. When I saw Cochran going up against the other sin that challenge, I thought, man he will do horrible and blow it. He surprised me and actually got the point.

Cochran is a pleasant surprise for me. Very funny and likeable so far.

I know they lost the immunity challenge but something tells me the favorites are going to dominate the challenges. Watching them perform in that challege, they were going above and beyond, not even sliding down the pole, literally jumping down, leaping up the ladders, etc. etc. just came across as much more physical, but I guess we will see.

Excellent start!!

post #64 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I'm a little disappointed in the preview. It's almost like everyone wanted Russel Hantz, so Little Hantz is playing to the crowd. Ugh get him out!

I knew Francesca was going as soon as she said "I will... eat this stone."

It's nice to see different sides to people we've already seen once.

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
post #65 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

I thought it was great that the fans won the first immunity ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #66 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 102
hey fran - chew slowly wink.gif

'...have an A1 day!'
post #67 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

biggrin.gif
post #68 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Good one .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

post #69 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 599
I am a former federal agent, so better not mess with me on these forums. biggrin.gif

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #70 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Be interesting to see how long the "cool kids" and the Marine last after their mistakes, I thought Andrea was dead torch walking for the same reason...
post #71 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

Be interesting to see how long the "cool kids" and the Marine last after their mistakes, I thought Andrea was dead torch walking for the same reason...

I'd vote the Marine out the first chance I had ..and though I am not a Federal Agent and never have been, I am ex-military .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie

post #72 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 26
They definitely telegraphed Francesca 's elimination. Need to be a little more careful with editing like that.

Now I remember why she got eliminated first last time too. Way too aggressive early in the game. Very surprising that she didn't learn anything from last time.

On the surface, she seemed like she'd be good at this game (intelligent, eye for strategy, friendly), but she just didn't get it.

Worst player ever?

I really dislike the fireman. Hopefully, he doesn't last too long.
post #73 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hookup central will be broken up before the military guy. He brought them fire, and he won't let them forget it.

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
post #74 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 102
after hearing reynold say that he picked allie to be in a core alliance because she wasn't the cutest and somewhat unassuming, i thought that was smart on his part. but then he lets the hormones get the best of him.......definitely not smart.

so the preview indicates hantz is in scramble mode which would make the audience think the faves lost the immunity challenge........you know what that means rolleyes.gif

'...have an A1 day!'
post #75 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

after hearing reynold say that he picked allie to be in a core alliance because she wasn't the cutest and somewhat unassuming, i thought that was smart on his part. but then he lets the hormones get the best of him.......definitely not smart.

so the preview indicates hantz is in scramble mode which would make the audience think the faves lost the immunity challenge........you know what that means rolleyes.gif

Yup .. and I think it's safe to assume that the Hantz footage is played for drama expectations .. he's really into the fist chest thumping thing I noticed .. looked like an albino Gorilla with tattoos ..

Uncle Willie

post #76 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The EW Blog and Jeff Q&A leaves this thought Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2nd Episode in and someone wants to quit?
post #77 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Having Malcolm on your team sure seems to be a jinx. I wonder how many weeks in a row he'll lose immunity challenges this season?
post #78 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The WTF look on fans faces after the 2nd favorite .... was priceless!! biggrin.gif
post #79 of 823 Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 PM

In the 25 seasons, can you please remind me of ANY other winning couple other than Rob?

If I say that the Earth is flat in the real world I am crazy, But if I say it in survivor it becomes the absolute truth?
post #80 of 823 Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Parvati and James - wasn't that Fans vs Favorites? Or was that Heroes vs Villains? Hard to keep track!

post #81 of 823 Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Parvati and James - wasn't that Fans vs Favorites? Or was that Heroes vs Villains? Hard to keep track!

That is only one case so I am happy I proved my point!!
Besides, Parvati flirted with everybody, had alliance with most and backstabbed all accept Amanda, her only true alliance. So even that doesn't count! smile.gif
post #82 of 823 Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I thought the premiere got better in the 2nd half when they were scrambling with the vote. Often, the first few votes are near unanimous (or at least obvious) so we got a bonus on Week 1.

Leading up to the vote is by far the most interesting part of the show to me, the strategy behind it. I for one am very glad they got rid of the "Fear Factor" eat gross stuff competitions as that bored me to tears. Let's focus on the actual game play, strategy, alliances, double-crosses, etc. I am okay with Reward challenges (not my favorite) but as long as they hurt one team's morale or actually have a purpose (flint). Reward challenges usually have more purpose in individual play so you can see exactly where you stand in the group.

I like Andrea ok and want to see if the Special Agent loses it, so I was happy to see Franscesca go again, and you have to hand it to Phil, he nailed it saying that she was unnecessarily jumping into strategy too fast. He is still crazy but seems less so than the first time.

I think the two couples are doomed but for the Rookies, they probably will need the two guys in challenges. But it won't save them from being voted out.

Also, thank goodness that it looks like Brannon has turned over a new leaf even if it is a poor man's Russell. His performance last time of whining every interview about his morality and wanting to play the game fair was the worst ever... until "Blair" from last season.
post #83 of 823 Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I thought the premiere got better in the 2nd half when they were scrambling with the vote. Often, the first few votes are near unanimous (or at least obvious) so we got a bonus on Week 1.

Leading up to the vote is by far the most interesting part of the show to me, the strategy behind it. I for one am very glad they got rid of the "Fear Factor" eat gross stuff competitions as that bored me to tears. Let's focus on the actual game play, strategy, alliances, double-crosses, etc. I am okay with Reward challenges (not my favorite) but as long as they hurt one team's morale or actually have a purpose (flint). Reward challenges usually have more purpose in individual play so you can see exactly where you stand in the group.

I like Andrea ok and want to see if the Special Agent loses it, so I was happy to see Franscesca go again, and you have to hand it to Phil, he nailed it saying that she was unnecessarily jumping into strategy too fast. He is still crazy but seems less so than the first time.

I think the two couples are doomed but for the Rookies, they probably will need the two guys in challenges. But it won't save them from being voted out.

Also, thank goodness that it looks like Brannon has turned over a new leaf even if it is a poor man's Russell. His performance last time of whining every interview about his morality and wanting to play the game fair was the worst ever... until "Blair" from last season.
I think you mean "Brandon."
post #84 of 823 Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Also, thank goodness that it looks like Brannon has turned over a new leaf ....
New leaf? He is still targeting the pretty woman! I wonder if he is still fearful of having lust in his heart?
post #85 of 823 Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The EW podcast was pretty cool for last week, Dalton had an interview with Jeff, he said this season he thought was better than the Phillipines.
post #86 of 823 Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 222
He better hope so since his weekly show got cancelled for a 2nd season. rolleyes.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #87 of 823 Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

New leaf? He is still targeting the pretty woman! I wonder if he is still fearful of having lust in his heart?

biggrin.gif Right on!!
post #88 of 823 Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 AM

Fan's 2nd sand bag was inside the target and resting, and half out one sec latter!
Malcolm has (not all on target) 5 bags, then 3 (air shot) then 8!! tongue.gif

I think Brandon may have "found" the idol! biggrin.gif
post #89 of 823 Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

... Also, thank goodness that it looks like Brannon has turned over a new leaf even if it is a poor man's Russell. His performance last time of whining every interview about his morality and wanting to play the game fair was the worst ever... until "Blair" from last season.

As is the case with almost every returning player, the whole 'morality' and 'play fair' stuff gets thrown out the window.   I'm guessing that once they've gone through the ringer and then watched the edited version on TV, they all pretty much come to the same conclusion:  it's just a game, play to win.       That is the main reason why I don't have as much of a problem with returning players as many fans do.   They no longer have that boring struggle where they agonize over the question of 'fairness'.   

Dawn and Cochrain had an interesting convo where Dawn flat out said ... 'its just a game'.   I might be wrong, but I don't think she said stuff like that the first time around.    

post #90 of 823 Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

As is the case with almost every returning player, the whole 'morality' and 'play fair' stuff gets thrown out the window.   I'm guessing that once they've gone through the ringer and then watched the edited version on TV, they all pretty much come to the same conclusion:  it's just a game, play to win.       That is the main reason why I don't have as much of a problem with returning players as many fans do.   They no longer have that boring struggle where they agonize over the question of 'fairness'.   

Dawn and Cochrain had an interesting convo where Dawn flat out said ... 'its just a game'.   I might be wrong, but I don't think she said stuff like that the first time around.    

Or, the producers say "America has seen one side of you .. let's shake it up now and do a little Russell dance for us .. " .. although the playing to win thing did not seem to work for Russ .. smile.gif

Uncle Willie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page