Survivor Season 26 CBS HD February 13th, 2013 - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dfergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of First Contact Site
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Brandon gone wild
I figured this would happen sometime this season...
dfergie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post


... something tells me the favorites are going to dominate the challenges.

Like I said..biggrin.gif...

WilliamR is offline  
post #183 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

Like the promo for next week?eek.gif

Hantz meltdown did not surprise me .. the casting folks knew what they were getting and I also would not be surprised if he had a little coaching as well .. the Hantz trailer tribe seems to be populated with a few opportunists that are smart enough to know that in this society, youtube shennanigans can be gold ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #184 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
grubadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
shamwow's tribemates sure were all broken up about him having to leave, eh?wink.gif
grubadub is offline  
post #185 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
biker19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: McLean, VA
Posts: 3,696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

shamwow's tribemates sure were all broken up about him having to leave, eh?wink.gif
I'd like to know how much weight he lost. His must be one of the lightest injuries for which a cast member left the show. The dude spends 2 tours in Iraq and yet two sand particles gets him out of Survivor. wink.gif
biker19 is offline  
post #186 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

shamwow's tribemates sure were all broken up about him having to leave, eh?wink.gif

"Feed me my rice at least once a day and I'll consider hanging around .. and while you're at it, break me a coconut and toast it .. can you also do my laundry, trim my toenails and carry me to the challenge .. ??"

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #187 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Is it just my old brain playing tricks on me or in past seasons if someone quit or got EVACed out, no tribal council was held .. ??

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #188 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
jimbology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I think you are correct. With a cast of 20 a double elimination was going to happen.
jimbology is offline  
post #189 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dfergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of First Contact Site
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Losing Shamar will probably eliminate a double tribal ...
dfergie is offline  
post #190 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
Shedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: san diego, ca.
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Is it just my old brain playing tricks on me or in past seasons if someone quit or got EVACed out, no tribal council was held .. ??

They populate the cast with more members than episodes now in case of injuries, or people that just quit. This preserves the "Tribal Council" format, but can lead to manditory double-elimination episodes late in the season if too many cast members are still in the game.
Shedrock is offline  
post #191 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
grubadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
it seems the "fans" are on life support now. but the good news is they are probably better suited to win challenges now. better get on a winning streak quick.
grubadub is offline  
post #192 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I have no doubt that we are being lied to about next week with Brandon having a meltdown. Most likely someone brought a vacuum cleaner as their luxury item. They can pick the rice back up, and with the recent help from the bushmen guy, they probably know how to make a filter to get the dirt out of it and also brew some fresh coffee.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #193 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 11,422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I have no doubt that we are being lied to about next week with Brandon having a meltdown. Most likely someone brought a vacuum cleaner as their luxury item. They can pick the rice back up, and with the recent help from the bushmen guy, they probably know how to make a filter to get the dirt out of it and also brew some fresh coffee.

I thought the Bushman was the highlight of the season so far .. eek.gif

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #194 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I thought the Bushman was the highlight of the season so far .. eek.gif

He seemed like a pretty cool dude. Looked harder to understand than a CSR for Virgin Mobile in India, but hey, nothing is perfect.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #195 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
the promo does look good, the best part of the season has been the interactions between Special Agent Phil and Brandon. And then their individual interviews right aftewards. Funniest part of the promo was the timid awkward guy (Erick I believe) approaching Brandon and then being scared to death that Brandon might swing at him.

Something about Andrea this season, I hope she goes a long ways.
djb5f is offline  
post #196 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
saeyedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

He seemed like a pretty cool dude. Looked harder to understand than a CSR for Virgin Mobile in India, but hey, nothing is perfect.
Hilarious comment by Cochran about his interaction with the girls, inferring his memories going into his spank bank.
saeyedoc is offline  
post #197 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
As nutty as Phil is, he's been a big factor in the challenges that they've won.

And I'm surprised that EVERYONES vote switched at tribal, so no one was loyal to the alliance. I expected the two guys to flip their votes, but not the women.

I had a strange thought last night that I can't recall ever having been discussed... Let's say you're on a losing team like the Fans this season and let's say you have reasons to believe you can control the votes. Would it be a good idea to throw the challenges and take all the loses so that when you merge with the other tribe, the other tribe will still have a minority faction that is large enough that the addition of two more votes would tip the balance of power?

Obviously, it's a risky strategy, but I think it has some merits.
Mac The Knife is offline  
post #198 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grubadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
[quote name="djb5f" url="/t/1451221/survivor-season-26-cbs-hd-february-13th-2013/180#post_23053148"

Something about Andrea this season, I hope she goes a long ways.[/quote]

her eyes........among other things rolleyes.gif. but she has beautiful, blue see-through eyes.
grubadub is offline  
post #199 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hughmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I despised Corrine in the past.... especially how she was toward the winner whose name escapes me...but she has an amazing butt...possibly the best on survivor...when she was last on the stand...WOW...the way it flexed.

Agent Phil...Hey he has it going on...besides the intentional craziness to get everyone off their game...he really is good at throwing to knock down objects in challenges.
Hughmc is offline  
post #200 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

[quote name="djb5f" url="/t/1451221/survivor-season-26-cbs-hd-february-13th-2013/180#post_23053148"

Something about Andrea this season, I hope she goes a long ways.

her eyes........among other things rolleyes.gif. but she has beautiful, blue see-through eyes.[/quote]

Yes, no doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

I despised Corrine in the past.... especially how she was toward the winner whose name escapes me...but she has an amazing butt...possibly the best on survivor...when she was last on the stand...WOW...the way it flexed.

Agent Phil...Hey he has it going on...besides the intentional craziness to get everyone off their game...he really is good at throwing to knock down objects in challenges.

I actually like Corrine quite a bit this time around as well. Phil has held his own in challenges but Reynold did a heck of a job catching up. Good thing Phil did not panic but you wouldn't expect that, he clowned folks in basketball who were "twice as tall as him".
djb5f is offline  
post #201 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MeatChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

As nutty as Phil is, he's been a big factor in the challenges that they've won.

And I'm surprised that EVERYONES vote switched at tribal, so no one was loyal to the alliance. I expected the two guys to flip their votes, but not the women.

.
I tthink that was the way to "keep" the alliance ... Everyone votes for her, no one in the alliance votes "against" the alliance, &, everyone can claim the "alliance" actually decided to vote the weak member ...
MeatChicken is offline  
post #202 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,561
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Keeping Eddie and Reynold around seems like really short term thinking. Both guys seem prime to flip at the drop of a hat so keeping them around is a danger. Eddie showed at tribal that he is not the most tactical thinker when he went after Sherri as well as Laura. Eddie and Reynolds remind me a lot of Corrine's tribe. People who thought they would be dominate just because they showed up.

I have to hand it to Phillip he is so far playing a good game. He is smart enough to give the pretense of bringing everyone into the club. Even if they don't believe it the gesture helps keep people on the fringes from jumping over to the other side when they merge.
spid is offline  
post #203 of 823 Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

Hilarious comment by Cochran about his interaction with the girls, inferring his memories going into his spank bank.

I must of missed that comment. I was having a 100+ text message conversation going while watching, pausing etc etc. I barely remember the show even being on. biggrin.gif

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #204 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
filtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Alls I can say is thank goodness Shamu is GONE!!!! What a totally and thoroughly worthless piece of flesh that poor-excuse for a human being is/was -- a TOTAL disgrace to all servicemen and women everywhere -- no matter the service nor country. Shamu simply HAS to go down in Survivor history as one of the absolute WORST contestants EVER!
filtor is offline  
post #205 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor View Post

Alls I can say is thank goodness Shamu is GONE!!!! What a totally and thoroughly worthless piece of flesh that poor-excuse for a human being is/was -- a TOTAL disgrace to all servicemen and women everywhere -- no matter the service nor country. Shamu simply HAS to go down in Survivor history as one of the absolute WORST contestants EVER!
Why would you even say he was a disgrace to all servicemen? Unless you've spent two tours in Afghanistan, you have no right to even think that, let alone say it in a public Forum. Bad Survivor contestant? Absolutely. Disgrace to all servicemen? Bullcrap!!!! mad.gif
BoilerJim is offline  
post #206 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnS-MI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Why would you even say he was a disgrace to all servicemen? Unless you've spent two tours in Afghanistan, you have no right to even think that, let alone say it in a public Forum. Bad Survivor contestant? Absolutely. Disgrace to all servicemen? Bullcrap!!!! mad.gif

??? Are you saying other servicemen are as bad as worse? Quite frankly, I was hoping he ranks at or near the bottom. The notion that servicemen have some sacred right to a "pass" on having unacceptable behavior called out is silly. I can't imagine many servicemen (at least any I know) being proud of his behavior.
JohnS-MI is offline  
post #207 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Why would you even say he was a disgrace to all servicemen? Unless you've spent two tours in Afghanistan, you have no right to even think that, let alone say it in a public Forum. Bad Survivor contestant? Absolutely. Disgrace to all servicemen? Bullcrap!!!! mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post

??? Are you saying other servicemen are as bad as worse? Quite frankly, I was hoping he ranks at or near the bottom. The notion that servicemen have some sacred right to a "pass" on having unacceptable behavior called out is silly. I can't imagine many servicemen (at least any I know) being proud of his behavior.
No, what I was saying is that you can't judge his quality/worth as a serviceman by his performance (or lack thereof) as a contestant on Survivor. Don't read more into it than what I said.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #208 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lord_Zath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,366
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I wouldn't be surprised if CBS turned that whole thing with Little Hantz into some sort of dream sequence or something.

IDK about you guys, but I do not watch Survivor for the poor sportsmanship!

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
Lord_Zath is offline  
post #209 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edpowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if CBS turned that whole thing with Little Hantz into some sort of dream sequence or something.

IDK about you guys, but I do not watch Survivor for the poor sportsmanship!

 

I'm trying to remember why I watch Survivor.    I think I watch Survivor because I've always watched it.     I loved the old mind games they'd play on the contestants, like forcing tribe swaps, forcing reward choices, actively trying to play contestants against each other.   Nearly all of that has disappeared from the game, replaced by large chunks of crazy-person filler (Shamar, Philip, Hantz, etc.).    They always had a crazy guy or two, but I feel like they didn't devote so much air time to them.  It makes it really hard to get behind legit players, because they either aren't challenged, so you can't even determine who the solid players are, or they get very little air time.   

edpowers is offline  
post #210 of 823 Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,561
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I'm trying to remember why I watch Survivor.    I think I watch Survivor because I've always watched it.     I loved the old mind games they'd play on the contestants, like forcing tribe swaps, forcing reward choices, actively trying to play contestants against each other.   Nearly all of that has disappeared from the game, replaced by large chunks of crazy-person filler (Shamar, Philip, Hantz, etc.).    They always had a crazy guy or two, but I feel like they didn't devote so much air time to them.  It makes it really hard to get behind legit players, because they either aren't challenged, so you can't even determine who the solid players are, or they get very little air time.   

I am pretty sure they did all of the things you said you liked last season. As this season just started I would say it pretty early to say they have gone against what they normally do.
spid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off