Survivor Season 26 CBS HD February 13th, 2013 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 623
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/17CFF82D-BFA6-60A8-E790-A5DDDD277FEB/survivor-caramoan-season-26-preview

Fans vs. Favorites on the Caramoan Islands ..

favorites:

•Andrea Boehlke, “Survivor: Redemption Island”
•Brandon Hantz, “Survivor: South Pacific”
•Brenda Lowe, “Survivor: Nicaragua”
•Corinne Kaplan, “Survivor: Gabon”
•Dawn Meehan, “Survivor: South Pacific”
•Erik Reichenbach, “Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites”
•Francesca Hogi, “Survivor: Redemption Island”
•John Cochran, “Survivor: South Pacific”
•Malcolm Freberg, “Survivor: Philippines”
•Phillip Sheppard, “Survivor: Redemption

Favorites of who .. ?? The Hantz family I guess have decided that Survivor is a good job to have ..

I am glad to see Malcolm come back, though

and thanks to djb5f for posting the list back on the Season 25 thread originally ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Can't wait!

Ugh on a Hanz again.

Is cochran that guyt hat said his grandma died when she didn't?

post #3 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Can't wait!

Ugh on a Hanz again.

I don't remember his full name .. I think of him as Johnny Fairplay .. which is a strange name considering ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #4 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Fans vs that good.
post #5 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

Can't wait!

Ugh on a Hanz again.

Cochran was a nerdy uberfan of the show. He is a really skinny redheaded guy with glasses.
post #6 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
favorites?? favorites of who? oy
post #7 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Cochran was a nerdy uberfan of the show. He is a really skinny redheaded guy with glasses.

Basically an unfunny version of Woody Allen.  

post #8 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

Can't wait!

Ugh on a Hanz again.

No, that was Johnny Fairplay.
post #9 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

Basically an unfunny version of Woody Allen.  

I remember him now ..

Uncle Willie

post #10 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Seems like it should be titled "Fans vs. The Vaguely Familiar".
post #11 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29

I agree about the tepid cast.  I always get a laugh from the promos when they hype the "danger" of the exotic locale and show a snake or other villainous creature.  Of course, that never comes into play during the season and is completely forgotten.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #12 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

They do seem to be grasping at a few straws .. there are a few worthwhile, but the rest are just there to generate some controversy ..

Uncle Willie

post #13 of 823 Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

More like "Fans vs. ratings killing least favorites"

(Currently on Pause)
post #14 of 823 Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM

Liked: 14
I always hope for the best......

In this case that would be Brandon Hantz, John Cochran, Phillip Sheppard, to be the first 3 voted out. smile.gif
post #15 of 823 Old 01-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd rather have the Hantz that got kicked off of Big Brother than crybaby Brandon.
post #16 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs Favorites': New cast and intel revealed!
By Dalton Ross, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - Jan. 11, 2013

Survivor will try to follow up its best season in years by reviving a concept from one of its best seasons ever when Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites premieres Feb. 13 on CBS. And the names of both the new fans and returning favorites can now be officially revealed. This marks the show’s second Fans vs Faves venture after Survivor: Micronesia, widely considered one of the program’s strongest offerings. And one of the Fans from that season, Erik Reichenbach (who was most famous for giving up his immunity necklace and then being voted off), will now be making the jump to the Favorites. He will be joined by another person who gave away immunity only to be voted out, Brandon Hantz (Survivor: South Pacific).

Also on the Favorites tribe will be John Cochran (South Pacific), Dawn Meehan (South Pacific), Phillip Sheppard (Redemption Island), Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island), Francesca Hogi (Redemption Island), Corinne Kaplan (Gabon), Brenda Lowe (Nicaragua), and Malcolm Freberg, who began filming on the new season only two-and-a-half weeks after he came in fourth place on Survivor: Philippines. (The seasons were shot back-to-back in the Philippines in the spring of 2012.)

All of the returning players come from relatively recent seasons and will be playing for the second time. None come from the first 15 seasons of the show, and only Erik and Corinne did not appear in one of the previous five installments. (Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites marks the show’s 26th season.) According to host Jeff Probst, the emphasis on more recent returnees is no accident. “We realized that we had to make a decision,” Probst told EW.com. “Do we only bring back our oldest iconic stars, or do we begin to birth new stars. And when we sat down with the list and said, okay let’s look at the people that we haven’t brought back yet, we felt like we had a really good group. And it was a bit of a turning point for us to say, we’re now going to look at the next generation of Survivor all-stars.”

Of course, many of these all-stars are known more for their big gaffes in the game. In addition to Erik and Brandon handing away immunity, Cochran made a hotly-debated flip that led to his demise, and Francesca was the very first person voted off her season after she openly took on Boston Rob. In fact, after seeing whom he was playing against this time around, Cochran fretted about the company he was keeping. “I was looking around all the CBS stuff to see if I could find a logo for the season somewhere because I’m dying to know what this season is subtitled because it sure isn’t being called Greatest Survivor Players of All-Time,” Cochran told EW.com right before filming began in May 2012. “I’m afraid it’s going to be some sort of unflattering thing like Dunce Island where we have to wear dunce caps instead of buffs or something. Because there are a lot of people that made weird moves or poor moves like me.”

As for the 10 new players who will comprise the “Gota” tribe taking on the “Bikal” tribe of Favorites, they include Miss Missouri 2011, a firefighter/EMT, a female racecar driver, and former United States Marine Corps Sgt. Shamar Thomas, who gained a measure of Internet fame after a video posted of him berating New York City police officers for excessive force during an Occupy Wall Street demonstration. (The full list of 20 new and returning players is below.)

And while Survivor: Caramoan will not feature the 21 straight days of rain that fell on the contestants last season, Probst promises that “The weather is a problem. This is a difficult season. The Survivors get pummeled. And there are evacuations. There are things out of the norm that happen this season that will be very memorable. I was on the boat a lot, going back and forth between camps.”

Probst also teases that love will be in air this season. “There’s also some romance early on which continues to blow my mind! It knocks me over that people want the jungle love! As much as you can’t believe we still do a final three, I can’t believe romance happens in front of other people in a game like Survivor.” (He’s right — I do hate the final three format.)

A full list of the cast can be found below. Also, make sure to check out our photo gallery of the new cast. We also give our take on the returning players on the new InsideTV Podcast. And for more Survivor news and views all year long, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.

The cast of Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites

Favorites/Bikal tribe

Andrea Boehlke
Previous Season: Survivor: Redemption Island – 13th castaway voted out/ 8th Jury Member
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Brandon Hantz
Previous Season: Survivor: South Pacific – 15th castaway voted out/7th Jury Member
Current Residence: Katy, Texas

Brenda Lowe
Previous Season: Survivor: Nicaragua – 11th castaway voted out/3rd Jury Member
Current Residence: Miami, Fla.

Corinne Kaplan
Previous Season: Survivor: Gabon – 12th castaway voted out/4th Jury Member
Current Residence: Los Angeles

Dawn Meehan
Previous Season: Survivor: South Pacific – 11th castaway voted off/3rd Jury Member
Current Residence: South Jordan, Utah

Erik Reichenbach
Previous Season: Survivor: Micronesia – 13th castaway voted out/6th Jury Member
Current Residence: Santa Clarita, Calif.

Francesca Hogi
Previous Season: Survivor: Redemption Island – 1st castaway voted out
Current Residence: Brooklyn, N.Y.

John Cochran
Previous Season: Survivor: South Pacific – 13th castaway voted out/5th Jury Member
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.

Malcolm Freberg
Previous Season: Survivor: Philippines – 15th castaway voted off/8th Jury member
Current Residence: Hermosa Beach, Calif.

Phillip Sheppard
Previous Season: Survivor: Redemption Island – Made it to the final 3
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.

Fans/Gota tribe

Alexandra “Allie” Pohevitz
Current Residence: Oceanside, N.Y.

Edward “Eddie” Fox
Current Residence: East Brunswick, N.J.

Hope Driskill
Current Residence: Jefferson City, Mo.

Julia Landauer
Current Residence: Stanford, Calif.

Laura Alexander
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.

Matt Bischoff
Current Residence: Cincinnati, Ohio

Michael Snow
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Reynold Toepfer
Current Residence: San Francisco, Calif.

Shamar Thomas
Current Residence: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Sherri Biethman
Current Residence: Boise, Idaho

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/11/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-new-cast-revealed/

post #17 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yes, so I guess the leaked list was correct.

This cast is lackluster to say the least. they went over the top hoping to get shock value. Favoites? Outisde of the the Hantz, Cochran, Shephard oddities, I had to look so many up, they were not exactly a who's who.
post #18 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Say what you will about Cochran but at least he's acknowledging the fact that he and most of the other returning players are pathetic.  

from that article ...

Of course, many of these all-stars are known more for their big gaffes in the game. In addition to Erik and Brandon handing away immunity, Cochran made a hotly-debated flip that led to his demise, and Francesca was the very first person voted off her season after she openly took on Boston Rob. In fact, after seeing whom he was playing against this time around, Cochran fretted about the company he was keeping. “I was looking around all the CBS stuff to see if I could find a logo for the season somewhere because I’m dying to know what this season is subtitled because it sure isn’t being called Greatest Survivor Players of All-Time,” Cochran told EW.com right before filming began in May 2012. “I’m afraid it’s going to be some sort of unflattering thing like Dunce Island where we have to wear dunce caps instead of buffs or something. Because there are a lot of people that made weird moves or poor moves like me.”

post #19 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Yeah I only remember like 2 or 3 names. After reading the article, I remember 2 or 3 more names. That's it. Versus the original Fans vs Favorites where I knew all but like one of them.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #20 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Dancing with the Stars recently stated there All Star season drew lower ratings and they seem to think people want to watch train wrecks rather than skill.

Perhaps Survivor is thinking the same thing.
post #21 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If Probst really said this :

“We realized that we had to make a decision,” Probst told EW.com. “Do we only bring back our oldest iconic stars, or do we begin to birth new stars. And when we sat down with the list and said, okay let’s look at the people that we haven’t brought back yet, we felt like we had a really good group. And it was a bit of a turning point for us to say, we’re now going to look at the next generation of Survivor all-stars.”

My response is: The word iconic should be reserved for people that are actually icons .. Survivor players are not in the same league as Elvis, Marilyn, John Lennon, etc .. the word icon is getting way too liberal usage these days ...

And these returning players, IMO, don't even deserve the word all-stars ..

Uncle Willie

post #22 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Heck, I'd rather see Russell Hantz back as some of these yea whos.

What's wrong w/ letting all new people in? Aren't enuf folk trying out for the show?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #23 of 823 Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Seems there's plenty of eye-candy for the new season... thankfully...

post #24 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm still on board. I don't mind the returning players gimmick. A lot of it still comes down to who gets voted out early. If some entertaining players get voted out early, it can hurt the season.
post #25 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

I'm still on board. I don't mind the returning players gimmick.

Agreed. The show is not entertaining unless unless there are people I don't like.
post #26 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Looks very bad to me. We'll have the crying and praying Hantz, Cochran who was scared to take his shirt off and sucked at every challenge and was an oblivious pawn in the social game, "Federal Agent" Phillip Shepard who is the most delusional and frightening cast member besides Coach, Corinne who is one of the most hateful spiteful women I've seen on Survivor, Andrea who can't remember at all (someone's favorite?), Francesca whose brilliant strategy of aligning with lunatic Shepard got her voted off in five minutes, and Dawn who will complain she can't keep up with the younger people and will ask in every interview why she decided to do this again.

Augh! I hope the fan cast members grind this this pack of Survivor has-beens into the sand.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #27 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Maybe the producers are purposely picking weaker "favorites" so the fans can actually win. Remember the last fans vs favorites the favorites tribe had fire and two relationships on the very first day. There just was no competition (though it was still very fun to watch).

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #28 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Maybe the producers are purposely picking weaker "favorites" so the fans can actually win. Remember the last fans vs favorites the favorites tribe had fire and two relationships on the very first day. There just was no competition (though it was still very fun to watch).

I lean toward this being kinda a 3 ring circus season .. which may not be bad .. the Favorites do have a few real players .. most, however, are really there to be the off center, weird and strange folks they were before .. and since it's it's all about the ratings anyway ..

Uncle Willie

post #29 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Maybe the producers are purposely picking weaker "favorites" so the fans can actually win.

I went through some of the profiles of the "fans" and they don't sound too impressive either. Allie in particular sounds like she'll be looking for an outlet to plug her hairdryer into.

To summon the strength to watch this season, I looked at some spoilers and they sound interesting and exciting enough to get me to start watching. They hint that some of the returnees will behave in surprising ways both good and bad. There's no spoiler on whether Secret Agent Phillip Shepard has found better underwear to walk around in.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #30 of 823 Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I lean toward this being kinda a 3 ring circus season .. which may not be bad .. the Favorites do have a few real players .. most, however, are really there to be the off center, weird and strange folks they were before .. and since it's it's all about the ratings anyway ..

Only time will tell.   I'm not real excited about the players they brought back, but maybe these fools will at least keep it interesting by not sticking with early alliances.  There is nothing more boring than watching strong alliances pick off weak alliances.       

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page