American Idol Season 12 (2013) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 432 Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 101
There are a lot more good singers this year than in the recent past.
BoilerJim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 432 Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
I thought that they picked the right 5 girls out of the 10.

I still hate 4 judges, its so ponderous, 4 people almost always saying the same thing, go to 3 judges.

Mariah sits there like such a diva, geez.

Randy dresses like a clown, what is with him?

I still watch though as i love music, and its a chance to listen to some interesting performances (along with some bad ones).

Still dont think they should be forced to pick an equal number of men and women, it should be the best, even if its 10 out of 12 of the same sex in the final twelve (or is it a final 10?).

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #93 of 432 Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
OMFG, this show is a joke. The judges are sitting there saying it wasn't your best performance blah blah blah. Then they turn around and say stuff almost so they don't get booed by the crowd. I am done.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #94 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

OMFG, this show is a joke. The judges are sitting there saying it wasn't your best performance blah blah blah. Then they turn around and say stuff almost so they don't get booed by the crowd. I am done.

Yeah, but the crowd is so jerky, anytime the judges say the slightest negative thing about anyone, the crowd starts booing and making noise. After awhile i think it gets to the judges.

The men just dont do it for me this season, the women are so much better as i have said before. However, both Maria and Niki seem to love any good looking guy even if they dont sing that well.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #95 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
A few REALLY good singers and then the others I can't believe they made it. I always say this, but it is like they practice and practice that one song to sing in front of the judges over and over and just make it perect, then when they have to sing other songs and only have 1 week of practice they suck at it.

On a side note, my best friend's daugher tried out for this show. She got in front of the first round of producers and they loved her, told her to sing that exact song for the judges. She got in front of the judges but decided at the last minute to try a different song and they hated it, so she didn't make it. Pretty cool talking to her though and seeing some behind the scenes stuff on what really goes on.

WilliamR is offline  
post #96 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
UGAd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Haven’t watched all season (b/c I can’t stand Nikki) but flipped it on last night – couldn't make it past one performance. And WTF is up with the drag queen dude?

UGAd13 is offline  
post #97 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Yeah, but the crowd is so jerky, anytime the judges say the slightest negative thing about anyone, the crowd starts booing and making noise. After awhile i think it gets to the judges.

The men just dont do it for me this season, the women are so much better as i have said before. However, both Maria and Niki seem to love any good looking guy even if they dont sing that well.

I really wasn't having an issue with Nikki till last night. I didn't watch every show though since Survivor is back. Last night though, she just sucks, its like OMG how can you not agree with ME. Mariah is worse than J-LO sitting there worried about how she looks.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #98 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I'm guessing now that that little awkward kid is going to go a long way, what with the nations apparent infatuation with nerdy awkward people currently.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #99 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I'm guessing now that that little awkward kid is going to go a long way, what with the nations apparent infatuation with nerdy awkward people currently.
Completely embarrassing. He makes it and then right after that there's 2 guys that can legitimately sing and only one spot left.

I try to like Nicki. She gives legit criticism to someone and I think, "Oh, she's not so bad" . Then she lobbies for that idiot to go through. Same with the freak with a dress on. She loves it. And FOUR JUDGES IS TORTURE. I barely make it through the 3 babbling for 5 minutes, then we get to suffer through the 4th forgotten judge. Paula Abdul -2.0

How about just 1 contestant per show and 20 judges.
squeakybirnbaum is offline  
post #100 of 432 Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I don't mind Mariah, even if she does have nothing to say, or doesn't know how to word what she wants to say. She actually has experience and talent. Unlike Nicki. No talent, no experience, and nothing about her looks natural.


From the people I've seen so far, I like Kree the most. Goofy name though.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #101 of 432 Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I thought that they picked the right 5 girls out of the 10.

I still hate 4 judges, its so ponderous, 4 people almost always saying the same thing, go to 3 judges.

Mariah sits there like such a diva, geez.

Randy dresses like a clown, what is with him?

I still watch though as i love music, and its a chance to listen to some interesting performances (along with some bad ones).

Still dont think they should be forced to pick an equal number of men and women, it should be the best, even if its 10 out of 12 of the same sex in the final twelve (or is it a final 10?).


There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif
Mac The Knife is offline  
post #102 of 432 Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif
Very strong point. What about the Australian gentlemen with the lady wig on?
squeakybirnbaum is offline  
post #103 of 432 Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

There's a person on the judges panel with mutli-colored pastel hair, dressed in a Sgt Peppers style phony military outfit and you single out Randy as dressing like a clown? wink.gif

LMAO!!!! But in actuality, i expect it out of her, she is a performer and thats her thing, just like the way Tyler dressed last year. But Randy, man, no reason for him to dress in ridiculous colors and wearing giant pins on his jacket and so on. Plus like so many people, Randy has whitened his TOP teeth, but his bottom teeth look orange or something. I never did understand why people only get their top teeth whitened or capped, dont they realize that from certain angles the dirty discolored bottom teeth show?biggrin.gif??

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #104 of 432 Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

LMAO!!!! But in actuality, i expect it out of her, she is a performer and thats her thing, just like the way Tyler dressed last year. But Randy, man, no reason for him to dress in ridiculous colors and wearing giant pins on his jacket and so on. Plus like so many people, Randy has whitened his TOP teeth, but his bottom teeth look orange or something. I never did understand why people only get their top teeth whitened or capped, dont they realize that from certain angles the dirty discolored bottom teeth show?biggrin.gif??

Oh great, now I have to notice yellow teeth each show. Thanks!
yankeeman likes this.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #105 of 432 Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well, Randy is [was] a performer too. At least he tones down his look a little bit when he's offstage, unlike Minaj...



OTOH, he's still a lame judge/mentor. I can't think of anything insightful he's ever said in all these seasons. I guess he's like the bassist for Spinal Tap, he's the lukewarm water to offset the others fire and ice.
yankeeman likes this.
Mac The Knife is offline  
post #106 of 432 Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pmcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Much better format than in previous years. It would be nice if they did not have to end up with the name number of girls a guys. The girls seem way better in my opinion.

The judges are way better than before. Never thought I would like them but it seems to be coming together. Didn't much care for Hollywood week, especially group nights. But Las Vegas was interesting, at least the girls' night.
pmcd is offline  
post #107 of 432 Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
I missed half of the guys performance night so I do not really have a full opinion on them. Of the guys I saw I thought only one of them was really good. I did see the girls perform and I thought they got four of the five spots right, from the performance night only. I thought Isabelle should have gone in over Tenna Torres. Tenna Torres picked a really bad song.
spid is offline  
post #108 of 432 Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The whole thing with Jimmy breaking the deadlock was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this show. How can they be deadlocked over one contestant??? If he got through, were they going to put 6 of them through? If they were undecided between 2 contestants, then why only reveal one of them to Jimmy??? How can he make a choice when he only knows one of the choices? The whole thing was just contrived nonsense in an effort to create some silly drama.

I have been watching Idol faithfully since season 2, but they might lose me here. Mariah (whom I am sure will not be back next year) looks like should would rather be anywhere else than on the judging panel, and does nothing but agree with what was previously said. Nicki seems to alternate between being really annoying with the fake Zsa Zsa accents, and then switches without warning into an articulate judge at times. Sometimes Nicki seems like she would be more suited to a show like the X-Factor based on her comments of what she is looking for.
rsambuca is online now  
post #109 of 432 Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Nicki seems to alternate between being really annoying with the fake Zsa Zsa accents, and then switches without warning into an articulate judge at times..
Totally agree. I despise her at times, then all of the sudden she says something that I totally agree with. Then of course she'll do something horrific that makes me forget all about it.
squeakybirnbaum is offline  
post #110 of 432 Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 101
No comments on last night's show? I missed quite a bit of it because I was switching back and forth between AI & Survivor and watched something else the 2nd hour.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #111 of 432 Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
To be fair I did miss half of last week's guy show, but it seems like the girls are a cut above the guys this year. I would taken another two or three girls and cut that number from the guys if I had choice.
spid is offline  
post #112 of 432 Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Tonight's guy show proved it should be 18 girls and 2 guys in the next round.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #113 of 432 Old 03-01-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jarod M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Tonight's guy show proved it should be 18 girls and 2 guys in the next round.
The whole reason that they do the 50/50 split is because they don't want to alienate the viewing demographics. But that's the way this show is set up. Even if they did put through an 18/2 split, you can bet those 2 guys would be among the last to be voted out thanks to voter allegiance by gender.
Jarod M is offline  
post #114 of 432 Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jarod M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is the competition causing fewer people to watch Idol? Not really, at least if you are just looking at the main broadcast networks. Last night almost everything else was a repeat. The top new show other than Idol was Community with a cancellation worthy 1.1. Even with that "help" Idol was still down (probably even when the finals are released) from last week. Evidently people are finding other areas of entertainment (cable networks, the Internet, reading a book, etc.). What does this portend for The Voice? Even if it is down from its ratings in the fall, it still has a chance to beat Idol in the weekly ratings, as it is unlikely that Idol will mount much of a comeback over the next few weeks.
Jarod M is offline  
post #115 of 432 Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I just watched the last 2 episodes. Some of the worst cuts I've seen. Zoanette and Lazarro, they keep? Both wretched.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #116 of 432 Old 03-02-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I can't believe how bad the song choices have been the last two weeks. It's as if these kids are preparing for a career doing the theaters in Branson.
Mac The Knife is offline  
post #117 of 432 Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I can't believe how bad the song choices have been the last two weeks. It's as if these kids are preparing for a career doing the theaters in Branson.

Yeah, terrible song choices, i guess they arent smart enough to know they need to do blockbusters when its sudden death.

I still dont think the guys are anywhere near as good as the girls.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #118 of 432 Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Terrible song choices, and even worse choices by the judges on who to get rid of. The Voice comes back in less than a month, can't wait. American Idol is horrible.

People keep singing some crap bland song that I've never heard before that makes my eyes glaze over the first 10 seconds and then Keith Urban reveals that it was one of his songs. Who listens to Keith Urban music, I swear I've never heard a song from him.

I want to strangle Minaj so bad. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU STUPID.

By the time they get to Mariah I'm already having heart palpitations I'm so angry at the first 3 horrible judges, I fast forward straight through her inane comments. You would think they would at least switch the order of who gives their worthless opinions around every now and then so Mariah goes first and feels like part of the horrible judges family.

I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial on HLN so I've been watching Jean Velez Mitchell. Her voice reminds me exactly of a female Ryan Seacrest (but even worse). That really annoying over enunciating everything "official broadcaster" voice. They should bring back the two host thing for Idol and have them together to drive away the remaining viewers.
squeakybirnbaum is offline  
post #119 of 432 Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

...I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial...

That explains a lot.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #120 of 432 Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

Terrible song choices, and even worse choices by the judges on who to get rid of. The Voice comes back in less than a month, can't wait. American Idol is horrible.

People keep singing some crap bland song that I've never heard before that makes my eyes glaze over the first 10 seconds and then Keith Urban reveals that it was one of his songs. Who listens to Keith Urban music, I swear I've never heard a song from him.

I want to strangle Minaj so bad. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU STUPID.

By the time they get to Mariah I'm already having heart palpitations I'm so angry at the first 3 horrible judges, I fast forward straight through her inane comments. You would think they would at least switch the order of who gives their worthless opinions around every now and then so Mariah goes first and feels like part of the horrible judges family.

I've been watching alot of the Jodi Arias murder trial on HLN so I've been watching Jean Velez Mitchell. Her voice reminds me exactly of a female Ryan Seacrest (but even worse). That really annoying over enunciating everything "official broadcaster" voice. They should bring back the two host thing for Idol and have them together to drive away the remaining viewers.
I listen to Keith Urban because I listen to country music. So there! rolleyes.gif
BoilerJim is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off