Favorite Survivor Season Discussion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im not sure of the exact protocols on this board guys, so if this thread isnt the kind that is allowed here we can close it down. Im not sure if this area of the AVS boards are meant mainly for a show and its current season or if open topics like this are allowed, but i just love Survivor and thought it could be a cool place to talk some past seasons since the other thread is based around the new and upcoming season.

For me i love them all, but some more than others of course. Australia still stands out, and so does All Stars, Pearl Islands etc...those seasons really hit it home for me.

Some of my favorite players that i wish were returning were Yul, Burton, Shane, Savage...i think they missed the ball by not bringing some of these players back for a 2nd run. But im just curious which seasons you guys hold as favorites?

Looking for a mature gaming forum? Come check out www.gamingoutsiders.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savatage316 View Post

Im not sure of the exact protocols on this board guys, so if this thread isnt the kind that is allowed here we can close it down. Im not sure if this area of the AVS boards are meant mainly for a show and its current season or if open topics like this are allowed, but i just love Survivor and thought it could be a cool place to talk some past seasons since the other thread is based around the new and upcoming season.

For me i love them all, but some more than others of course. Australia still stands out, and so does All Stars, Pearl Islands etc...those seasons really hit it home for me.

Some of my favorite players that i wish were returning were Yul, Burton, Shane, Savage...i think they missed the ball by not bringing some of these players back for a 2nd run. But im just curious which seasons you guys hold as favorites?

My favorite was probably the initial season with Hatch, Sue Hawk, Grevis, Colleen, Greg and the coconut phone, and especially Rudy. Being new and unique helped. The second season was also very good with lovely Lis.

I'd have to look up wikipedia (maybe an exercise for another day) to refamiliarize myself with the seasons but there where quite a few good ones.

As for players, some of my favorites included Rudy, Hatch, Big Tom, Boston Rob, Rob C, Russell Hantz, Johnny Fairplay, Yul, Yao-man, and Ozzy. For the girls, mainly the eye candy ones, but Stephanie was good in her first season, not so much in the 2nd. Also very much enjoyed Parvarti's game.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
australia outback
post #4 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Australia has to be the standout for me as well. With contestants like Michael Skupin (who fell into the fire), Jerri Manthey, Amber Brkich (who later married Boston Rob), Elisabeth Filarski (now Hasselbeck who has been on The View for nearly 10 years), Rodger Bingham (nicknamed Kentucky Joe who befriended Elisabeth when she got those god-awful bug bites), Colby Donaldson (runner-up), and Tina Wesson (winner), I don't think we've had an overall better group of contestants.

Of course, with me living most of my life in Indianapolis, Rupert Boneham's first time to play (Pearl Islands) was also special since he lives here in the Circle City also. Between him stealing shoes in the very first episode and Jonny Fairplay lying about his grandmother's death later in the season, those were two memorable moments in Survivor history. Of course, Sandra Diaz ultimately won the game which she richly deserved.

One of the most memorable players, though, has to be Boston Rob who played 4 times, winning once and coming in second once. However, it's hard to beat Sandra Diaz's record. She's played twice and won both times earning a cool $2,000,000

I also miss them having to eat bugs and other disgusting critters during reward challenges like they did in the early days..
post #5 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Elisabeth Filarski (now Hasselbeck who has been on The View for nearly 10 years),

Amazing...her claim to fame is that she didn't win a game show.
Quote:
Jonny Fairplay

...who 'tought' us all about "a word in the english language called...naive"
post #6 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Her "claim to fame" was good enough to get her married to an NFL quarterback and get on a "famous" long-lasting daytime program. She's still there while others have come and gone. Being cute as heck has its advantages. wink.gif
post #7 of 8 Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 717
post #8 of 8 Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Her "claim to fame" was good enough to get her married to an NFL quarterback

LOL...that says it all!
Quote:
and get on a "famous" long-lasting daytime program.

Yes, the view is the epitome of television journalism....and she cries a lot. wink.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page