AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Those Vikes surely got around:
http://news.discovery.com/history/new-north-american-viking-voyage-discovered-130606.htm
maybe that's what's under my swimming...Ragnar Lothbrok and a treasure ship...still looking for investors.

Who knew that the Viks were such poor judege of real estate value. Newfoundland? Really? It still carries a population of about 4000 people. Maybe if they liked warmer weather, they could have established a colony on South Beach...Miami Vikings....that's the ticket.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 01:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

maybe that's what's under my swimming...Ragnar Lothbrok and a treasure ship...still looking for investors.
I admire your dedication to task....biggrin.gif

Quote:
Who knew that the Viks were such poor judege of real estate value. Newfoundland? Really? It still carries a population of about 4000 people. Maybe if they liked warmer weather, they could have established a colony on South Beach...Miami Vikings....that's the ticket.
LOL.
I think their small numbers and resistance from local inhabitants may have played a part.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question,
I've got DTV and was late to the party,I would like to watch the series in order but I'm missing 3 of them the 1st-2nd and 4th. I keep checking the VOD for Directv and so far they don't list them.Is there somewhere else I can view them ?

Thanks for any help smile.gif

JERRY
Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
New cast members...

http://www.boomtron.com/2013/06/vikings-beefs-up-its-season-2-cast-with-linus-roache-and-alexander-ludwig/

Looks like they are going to age Bjorn up or go through a 10 year time jump somehow. Hope they do this well and wait until the current loose ends get settled. Be good to see Bjorn as a young Viking leader though.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

New cast members...

http://www.boomtron.com/2013/06/vikings-beefs-up-its-season-2-cast-with-linus-roache-and-alexander-ludwig/

Looks like they are going to age Bjorn up or go through a 10 year time jump somehow. Hope they do this well and wait until the current loose ends get settled. Be good to see Bjorn as a young Viking leader though.
Interesting.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 558
I agree that the addition of Linus Roche and Alexander Ludwig to the Vikings cast is an interesting development. I think highly of Roche's abilities as an actor and thought that Ludwig did a good job in The Hunger Games. I still have reservations about Travis Fimmel as Ragnar, whose default expression is a sh*t eating grin, but the show was good enough in Season 1 to convince me to come back for Season 2. The addition of Roche and Ludwig should help.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 AM

Liked: 10
Just saw the sneak preview. Search took me right to it. No use issuing a spoiler alert I reckon, most all of us are going to have this one paraded in front of us. But stop now if you want . . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

I guess any speculation that Rollo was playing Jarl Borg is now put to rest.

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/vikings-season-2-sneak
Old 12-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
'Vikings' Season Two Premiere Date Set for February 27
By Amanda Kondolojy / December 20th, 2013 / tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com

via press release:

They’re back …

VIKINGS SEASON TWO
The Raid Continues
Thursday, February 27 at 10 p.m. ET/PT

December 20, 2013 – New York, NY – Last spring, HISTORY® introduced viewers to a clan of Norse warriors with a rapacious appetite for warfare, knowledge and power. The gripping family saga of Ragnar, Rollo, Lagertha, friends and enemies was a tale of brutality and passion, alliances and infidelities, infighting and death. It portrayed life in the Dark Ages, a world ruled by raiders and explorers, through the eyes of Viking society.

The epic tale continues in 10 all-new episodes of VIKINGS, premiering Thursday, February 27 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HISTORY®. The hit scripted drama series centers on Ragnar (Travis Fimmel), a restless young warrior and family man who longs to find and conquer new lands across the sea and claim the spoils as his own. Now he is an Earl, allied with King Horrik (Donal Logue). With more power than ever before, his desire to sail west and explore new kingdoms remains unquenchable.

Yet there’s a heavy price to pay for Ragnar’s ascent to greatness. Season two brings crises of faith, of power, of relationships. Brothers rise up against one another. Loyalties shift from friend to foe, and unlikely alliances are formed in the name of supremacy. Ragnar’s indiscretions threaten his marriage to Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick), tearing him and his beloved son apart. Plots are hatched, scores are settled, blood is spilled…all under the watchful eyes of the gods.

New to the cast of VIKINGS are Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games) as Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok, and Linus Roache (Law & Order) as Ecbert, King of Wessex, a man of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition. They join Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok; Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, a fierce shield maiden and Ragnar’s wife; Clive Standen as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive, wild, care-free brother; George Blagden as Athelstan, a young and not-so-innocent Monk; Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy, beautiful wife of the late Earl Haraldson; Donal Logue as King Horrik, who desires to make the increasingly famous Earl Ragnar an ally and supporter; Gustaf Skarsgard, a ship builder who designs the new generation of Vikings ships; and Alyssa Sutherland as Princess Aslaug, Ragnar’s new love interest.

Over its nine episode first season, VIKINGS became the #1 new cable series of the year, averaging 4.3 million total viewers, 2.0 million Adults 25-54 and 1.8 Adults 18-49.

Created and written by Michael Hirst – one of the premier historical story-tellers in the industry (Academy-Award winning film Elizabeth; and the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated series The Tudors), Michael serves as Executive Producer along with Morgan O’Sullivan of World 2000 (The Count of Monte Cristo; The Tudors), John Weber of Take 5 Productions (The Tudors; The Borgias), Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn (The Tudors; The Borgias) and Sheila Hockin (The Tudors; The Borgias). Dirk Hoogstra and Julian P. Hobbs are the Executives in Charge of Production for HISTORY.

VIKINGS is an international Irish/Canadian co-production being co-produced by World 2000 and Take 5 Productions. HISTORY broadcasts domestically in the U.S. MGM Television brought the series to the network and brings VIKINGS to the global audience, serving as the international distributor outside of Ireland, Canada and the U.S. VIKINGS is produced in association with Shaw Media, and the series also airs on HISTORY in Canada.

About HISTORY®
HISTORY®, now reaching more than 98 million homes, is the leading destination for award-winning original series and specials that connect viewers with history in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across all platforms. The network’s all-original programming slate, including scripted event programming, features a roster of hit series including American Pickers®, American Restoration™, Ax Men™, Counting Cars™, Pawn Stars®, Swamp People® and The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man as well as HISTORY®’s first scripted series Vikings, and epic miniseries and special programming such as The Bible and the Emmy® Award-winning Hatfields & McCoys, Gettysburg, Vietnam in HD, America The Story of Us® and 102 Minutes That Changed America. The HISTORY® website is the leading online resource for all things history, and in 2011, the United States Library of Congress selected HISTORY®’s Civil War 150 site for inclusion in the historic collection of Internet materials related to the American Civil War sesquicentennial. www.history.com. For more press information and photography, please visit us at http://press.aenetworks.com

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/20/vikings-season-two-premiere-date-set-for-february-27/223963/
Old 02-14-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Season two poster. Looks good!
baja7475 likes this.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Liked: 11
In case anyone's forgotten, the season 2 premier is on tonight at 10 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill WOW HD View Post

In case anyone's forgotten, the season 2 premier is on tonight at 10 PM.
I'll be there!smile.gif

Old 02-27-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
WOw

worth a years wait

neflixis our nemesis
Old 02-28-2014, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Old 02-28-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 40
lateral move @ best on the wifey

Quit failing to flip the switch
Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 558
I agree that Season 2 is off to a good start. I have a problem with the claim of the pregnant princess, she of the fanciful stories, that it was Ragnar who impregnated her. Given that she and Ragnar did the deed only once and her tendency to weaving preposterous tales, I am suspicious to say the least.

Ragnar looks like a rat in all this, I wanted to stand up and cheer when his tough and capable son decided to go with his mother Lagertha when she left Ragnar. I have a hunch that Ragnar is going to end up regretting his decision to take on the princess as his wife. Because this is the 8th Century, though, we can take it as a given that there is no way to prove who fathered her child.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
History’s ‘Vikings’ Draws 3.6 Million Viewers With Season 2 Premiere
By Tim Kenneally, TheWrap.com - Feb. 28, 2014

History’s drama “Vikings” returned strong with its Season 2 premiere on Thursday, drawing 3.6 million total viewers.

Of those, 1.7 million total viewers were in the 18-49 demographic, and 1.8 million were in the 25-54 demo.

Those numbers were far short of the “Vikings” series premiere last year, which had 6.2 million total viewers. However, that premiere had the benefit of the tremendously popular miniseries “The Bible” — which drew 13.1 million total viewers — as a lead-in.

Compared to the final four episodes of “Vikings” Season 1, which didn’t have “The Bible” as a lead-in, Thursday night’s Season 2 premiere was up 2 percent in total viewers and 6 percent in the 18-49 demo.

The Season 2 premiere performed evenly with last year’s Season 1 finale, which also drew 3.6 million total viewers.

http://www.thewrap.com/historys-vikings-draws-3-6-million-viewers-season-2-premiere/

Old 03-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

WOw

worth a years wait
Agreed. Many good moments. It is interesting about the supposed impregnation from one encounter. Who knows. A sort of royal like herself could dabble with the strong young peasants in her midst or she could wait in celibacy until a fitting fellow royal shows up.

Fimmel is doing well I think. The scene of his parting with his son was well done.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Cool to see the son bribing the law giver to set his uncle free but I wonder if he did it on his own or if Ragnar gave him the coin in hopes he would use it this way.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that Season 2 is off to a good start. I have a problem with the claim of the pregnant princess, she of the fanciful stories, that it was Ragnar who impregnated her. Given that she and Ragnar did the deed only once and her tendency to weaving preposterous tales, I am suspicious to say the least.
All that matters is Ragnar believes it.....wink.gif

Quote:
Ragnar looks like a rat in all this, I wanted to stand up and cheer when his tough and capable son decided to go with his mother Lagertha when she left Ragnar. I have a hunch that Ragnar is going to end up regretting his decision to take on the princess as his wife. Because this is the 8th Century, though, we can take it as a given that there is no way to prove who fathered her child.
You have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Cool to see the son bribing the law giver to set his uncle free but I wonder if he did it on his own or if Ragnar gave him the coin in hopes he would use it this way.
I think the boy did it all on his own or Ragnar did it separately.
Whatever the case, it's very unfortunate and not credible in the slightest.

NO WAY would Rollo be able to simply walk away after killing his tribesman.
NO WAY is Ragnar's power great enough, at this moment, to sweep it under the rug and browbeat his people into accepting it.
NO WAY is this a good start to the 2nd season.frown.gif

Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Old 03-05-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Ragnar's wife is a keeper. I heart her.

Katheryn Winnick sure a cutie. On the other hand, his "new" wife looks more like I imagine a classic Nordic princess would look. And I suspect we'll find out at some point that the child really isn't Ragnar's. Not sure how, since they can't send off for a DNA analysis, but it probably has to happen so he can get Lagertha back and reunite his family.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Katheryn Winnick sure a cutie. On the other hand, his "new" wife looks more like I imagine a classic Nordic princess would look. And I suspect we'll find out at some point that the child really isn't Ragnar's. Not sure how, since they can't send off for a DNA analysis, but it probably has to happen so he can get Lagertha back and reunite his family.

Maybe but can she wield an axe?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Maybe but can she wield an axe?

Heck, she can't even cook! tongue.gif

Of course, she could always meet some kind of violent end, as folks of that time period were wont to do. That would accomplish two purposes: make the child issue moot, and give Ragnar something else to brood about with great anguish. Real history may play a part in all this as well -- didn't Ragnar have more than one son in Bjorn?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Heck, she can't even cook! tongue.gif

No deal.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Probably so.wink.gif

Quote:

didn't Ragnar have more than one son in Bjorn?
From Wikipedia:
Ragnar became known as the scourge of France and England and as the father of many renowned sons

Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 138

Did I miss something last season? What happened to the English monk who was Ragnar's capture, he was nowhere to be seen.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

Did I miss something last season? What happened to the English monk who was Ragnar's capture, he was nowhere to be seen.
Good question....probably find out next episode.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Saw this episode. Didn't love it. Floki needs to tune up the boats and we need to get back to kicking Euro ass instead of Norse ass.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Saw this episode. Didn't love it. Floki needs to tune up the boats and we need to get back to kicking Euro ass instead of Norse ass.
A$$ is A$$...who it belongs to isn't the point.tongue.gif