post #391 of 405 Old 05-28-2014, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

Unless people are turned off by murder/death and horror, I have no idea how anyone can not like this show. Maybe it's too intelligent and thought provoking for many who don't care for it.

I can tell you why I stopped watching... regardless of its style I didn't care one bit about what happened to any of the characters. Zero investment. Explained in earlier posts so I won't bother repeating... I do not dislike the show rather I couldn't find a reason to keep watching.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 405 Old 05-28-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Just kept wondering why Will didn't get the gun on the floor and shoot Hannibal.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #393 of 405 Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I wondered more about Hannibal getting on a plane after leaving that mayhem at his house. Wouldn't police want to question him or inform him of what happened?

Arvy
post #394 of 405 Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Per the producers They want to do Red Dragon in season 3.

Where did you get that info? It's incorrect and contradicts what Fuller said (below) and doesn't make sense anyways, because Hannibal is free.

TVGuide.com chatted with executive producer Bryan Fuller, who also hints at a major reboot to the show in Season 3.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You said next season will be different. Does that mean you're shifting the point of view to be more squarely about Hannibal?
Fuller: Season 3 is going to be a lot of fun because it's going to be taking a lot of disparate elements from the novel Hannibal Rising and the novel Hannibal and mashing them up together as part of the thrust of the season. It's going to be fun to bastardize two novels into one sort of Frankenstein season. I will brace everybody right now: We're significantly changing the Hannibal origin story from Hannibal Rising.
post #395 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
He also called it, jokingly, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Silence on the Lam
post #396 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post

I wondered more about Hannibal getting on a plane after leaving that mayhem at his house. Wouldn't police want to question him or inform him of what happened?

Hannibal is always at least a couple of steps ahead of everybody else. I strongly suspect that Hannibal established at least one false identity and used it to fly out of the country.
post #397 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Might have been wrong on the Season, but things may get "pushed up" as far as schedule goes if the series is in peril of being cancelled....If another place gave the show safety then they may keep it as "planned".......As far as reboot goes, thanks for the chuckle...
post #398 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post

There's no way he could possibly have explained it all, especially if anyone survives to tell their tale. Hannibal has completely written off this chapter in his life, and hopes to start over somewhere else.

I did find it interesting that he still has some sense of professional ethics, as he burned all his psychiatric notes for his other patients to avoid embroiling them in his murderous activities now that the entire story will unravel. Once that happens, Interpol will be after him as well. He must know there's really no place he can go for sanctuary after this, and he may have achieved some peace with it. Perhaps that's what we are to infer from that last glimpse of him reclining into his airline seat.
post #399 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

There's no way he could possibly have explained it all, especially if anyone survives to tell their tale. Hannibal has completely written off this chapter in his life, and hopes to start over somewhere else.

I did find it interesting that he still has some sense of professional ethics, as he burned all his psychiatric notes for his other patients to avoid embroiling them in his murderous activities now that the entire story will unravel. Once that happens, Interpol will be after him as well. He must know there's really no place he can go for sanctuary after this, and he may have achieved some peace with it. Perhaps that's what we are to infer from that last glimpse of him reclining into his airline seat.

If we know anything about Hannibal he is a master of "disguise", fluent in more than 1 language he will be able to slip into a foreign country and assume a new identity...He evaded and escaped many many times, so I have no doubt his plan is in tact otherwise he would not lean back in comfort....
post #400 of 405 Old 05-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Where did you get that info? It's incorrect and contradicts what Fuller said (below) and doesn't make sense anyways, because Hannibal is free.

TVGuide.com chatted with executive producer Bryan Fuller, who also hints at a major reboot to the show in Season 3.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You said next season will be different. Does that mean you're shifting the point of view to be more squarely about Hannibal?
Fuller: Season 3 is going to be a lot of fun because it's going to be taking a lot of disparate elements from the novel Hannibal Rising and the novel Hannibal and mashing them up together as part of the thrust of the season. It's going to be fun to bastardize two novels into one sort of Frankenstein season. I will brace everybody right now: We're significantly changing the Hannibal origin story from Hannibal Rising.
I had also read after season 1 that the plan was to do Red Dragon during Season 3. They obviously changed their plans since then.

EDIT. Ahh, I found the article. I (we) stand corrected. The original plan was for Red Dragon to be Season 4. Characters from Silence of the Lambs could be difficult to use due to Sony owning the rights.
post #401 of 405 Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Tres cool

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZooHannibal

Hannibal at the zoo
post #402 of 405 Old 05-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
So we can expect Will and Jack, if they survived, to follow in pursuit ? I suppose the FBI has at least some international pull. Otherwise, there may be a whole new set of characters.

Arvy
post #403 of 405 Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I think it's "safe" to assume Jack and Will survived this attack and will peruse. How much longer they stay alive is only known by the show runners. FBI can work with international agencies (INTERPOL) to assist in getting him. They have to find out l he's taken flight and where he's gone 1st though. After that it will be tracking his movements after he's landed as slipping in and out of
Countries will be easy until the issue a wide net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #404 of 405 Old 05-30-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
And even if the are dead, they can come back like Freddie and Abagail did
I for one am not coming back, for me the show is dead
post #405 of 405 Old 06-21-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 676
From the Vulture awards clipped from the HOTP thread... But we Fannibals already know what the best TV show currently in production is, don't we?

TV Notes
Vulture TV Awards: The Best Episode of the Year Is the Hannibal Season 2 Finale

Up next: a look back at five of the best episodes from the past year of television, as selected by Vulture television critic Matt Zoller Seitz, including an upstart at the top spot.

1. Hannibal, “Mizumono”: Written by Steve Lightfoot and Bryan Fuller, Directed by David Slade
This show demonstrates so much formal daring each week that even the most audacious innovations and flourishes in other live-action series seem tame in comparison. The season-two finale is one of the greatest hours of TV it has ever been my pleasure, or horror, to sit through. If you have never watched Hannibal, you’ll think it absurd that I briefly considered making this a list of five Hannibal episodes. If you have seen the show, you get it (and if this were a list of five Hannibal episodes, the other four would be “Shiizakana,” “Naka-Choko,” "Tome-wan," and "Sakizuke”). I won’t describe the finale or the show in detail for the many TV viewers who have yet to sample Hannibal (if you don’t mind spoilers, you can read my appreciation of the show’s second season here), but I would urge anyone who hasn’t done so yet to commit to a full two-season binge immediately.
Keenan likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page