Hannibal on NBC - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #511 of 518 Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 15,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
On this week's show, who is the crippled Dr.(?) in the wheelchair with the disfigured face? I don't seem to recall this character from previous seasons. Is it a new character? Probably not. I just don't recall this character. Thanks for any info.
That was Mason Verger. The link is to a Wiki article that will tell you all about him. Mason's sister Margot is a piece of work too, although she is far crazier and scarier in Thomas Harris' novel, Hannibal, than she has been portrayed in the TV show.
gwsat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 518 Old 06-28-2015, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barth2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Sorry I forgot, but who shot Chilton? Also, Hannibal made Verger cut his face off, right, so how is he in a wheelchair. (Of course before this episode, I'd thought Hannibal already disposed of verger. I get the book verger confused with the show verger.)

I think they could've slotted this after the Hannibal and beledia premiere. That might have helped the ratings a bit.
barth2k is offline  
post #513 of 518 Old 06-28-2015, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Vidop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
That was Mason Verger. The link is to a Wiki article that will tell you all about him. Mason's sister Margot is a piece of work too, although she is far crazier and scarier in Thomas Harris' novel, Hannibal, than she has been portrayed in the TV show.
DUH! I had forgotten about that part of the storyline. A mental breakdown on my part. Thanks for the info.

Once again-I REALLY like the "Look" and the "Sound" of this program. I will be sorry to see it go away.
Vidop is offline  
post #514 of 518 Old 06-29-2015, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Remember, that after Mason ate his own face off, Hannibal broke his neck just enough to left him crippled.

He has been "letting them live": Mason, Chilton, Jack, Alana and of course Will

Chilton was shot by Miriam Lass, after Hannibal pretty much brainwashed her, making her believe Chilton was the Chasepeake ripper..
barth2k likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #515 of 518 Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Remember, that after Mason ate his own face off, Hannibal broke his neck just enough to left him crippled.

He has been "letting them live": Mason, Chilton, Jack, Alana and of course Will

Chilton was shot by Miriam Lass, after Hannibal pretty much brainwashed her, making her believe Chilton was the Chasepeake ripper..


"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is offline  
post #516 of 518 Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
dad1153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 39,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Send a message via Yahoo to dad1153
From the "Hot Off The Press" thread, top of HDTV Programming page.

TV Notes (Broadcast)
‘Hannibal’ Releases Cast As Show Continues To Look For New Home
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jul. 1, 2015

Ten days after NBC cancelled Hannibal, the series no longer has its cast under contract. I hear that starting today, stars Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen are free agents, and they are already fielding film and TV offers. Their options expired last night and were not extended by Hannibal producer Gaumont International Television.

Still, the independent production company continues talks with potential distributors. If Hannibal finds a new home, new deals have to be hammered out with both Dancy and Mikkelsen. Still, if the show gets a new season elsewhere and the two are still available, I hear both love the show and have indicated that they would like to reprise their roles as Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Still, there are other, even bigger obstacles for a fourth season of Hannibal. For once, the show has an exclusive deal with Amazon, making a pact with other streaming services virtually impossible. And, more importantly, Hannibal has lost its creative force, developer/executive producer Bryan Fuller to a new series, Starz’s American Gods. He remains committed to Hannibal, but a possible fourth season has to wait for him to finish the recently ordered first season of American Gods, which would be a challenge for potential buyers.

“The question would be for the potential new distribution partner is how comfortable they are in waiting,” Fuller told Deadline last week. “Because I do have an obligation to American Gods and a passion for American Gods, so I absolutely want to service that in the way that it needs to be serviced.”

Laurence Fishburne today became the first Hannibal actor to line up a new post-cancellation gig — a starring role in A+E Networks’ Roots remake.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/hannibal...me-1201467144/
dad1153 is offline  
post #517 of 518 Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Planet Boston, source of the spice, Melange.
Posts: 20,941
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
And, more importantly, Hannibal has lost its creative force, developer/executive producer Bryan Fuller to a new series, Starz’s American Gods. He remains committed to Hannibal, but a possible fourth season has to wait for him to finish the recently ordered first season of American Gods, which would be a challenge for potential buyers.
Depending on how this season ends, a delay wouldn't necessarily be a bad or even undesirable thing. For example, if Hannibal gets captured at the end of this season, S4 could pick up a few years later with him in prison, and tell the story from the Red Dragon novel, which Fuller has said he wants to do. (After all, the show is allegedly adapted from Red Dragon.)

Quote:
Laurence Fishburne today became the first Hannibal actor to line up a new post-cancellation gig — a starring role in A+E Networks’ Roots remake.
Fishburne also currently appears in Blackish. His part in Hannibal isn't large enough that it has prevented him from working elsewhere. I'm sure he would have done Roots regardless.
Ph8te likes this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Josh Z is offline  
post #518 of 518 Old Today, 03:42 AM
Senior Member
 
balboa dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Newport Beach, California
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Depending on how this season ends, a delay wouldn't necessarily be a bad or even undesirable thing. For example, if Hannibal gets captured at the end of this season, S4 could pick up a few years later with him in prison, and tell the story from the Red Dragon novel, which Fuller has said he wants to do. (After all, the show is allegedly adapted from Red Dragon.)
The Red Dragon storyline will be the basis of the 2nd half of this season.
balboa dave is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off