AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
July 2013 revised MLB Extra Innings Schedule Information on Cable

July 2013 MLB Extra Innings Schedule Information on DirecTV

In-depth Schedule Information courtesy of MLB

MLB.TV Game of the Day (found 11am everyday on that link)

Major League Baseball Standings and Subscription Information (Updated Standings as of 6/4/13)
MLB TV and MLB Extra Innings Information (Click to show)
Since the Season hasn't started yet (March 31st Opening Night) here's the info i have about MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV premium

INDemand is airing their MLB Extra Innings free preview from 4/1 - 4/7 with a $10 jump of price to last year to $189 (4x payment of $47.25)
Quote:
Get up to 80 out-of-market games a week during the regular season
Dual-feeds of select games let you choose your home town announcers
Many games available in HD**
Preview all the games airing on MLB EXTRA INNINGS at once on the mosaic channel

** Availability of HD games and dual-feeds varies by market. Please see our FAQ for more details. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. Visit the official website at MLB.com.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/

I also spoke with Comcast Boston and i got this reply on how HD1 and HD2 will work in some areas (channel listings below are for Southeast MA).

We will be using TEAM HD (NBA) once it goes dark and has no NBA programming on it. So MLB HD subscribers will have access to all MLB HD games except for during a 2 week “cross-over” period that NBA HD is still live with programming. Without the actual schedule (which doesn’t come out for a while), I can’t tell you how many games will not be available in HD during that two week period, but I have been told it will be very minimal.

In your community, MLB HD is on CH 635 and NBA HD is on CH 612. And, except for the two week period, all the extra MLB HD games will be aired on CH 612.

MLB.TV's 2013 Price Update - $129.99 for the season/$25.99 a month
Quote:
Watch every out-of-market game LIVE online and on your favorite mobile and connected devices (like Xbox 360* and Sony Playstation® 3) including iPhone, iPad, select Android phones and tablets.

MLB.TV Premium includes a FREE subscription to At Bat 13 (the top sports app of all time). Watch games LIVE or on demand in HD on your favorite mobile and connected devices including iPhone, iPad, select Android phones and tablets. Also includes choice of Home or Away broadcasts. Plus, all standard MLB.TV features.

Xbox Live: gt1racerlHDl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt1racer View Post

Since the Season hasn't started yet (March 31st Opening Night) here's the info i have about MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV premium

So MLB HD subscribers will have access to all MLB HD games except for during a 2 week “cross-over” period that NBA HD is still live with programming. Without the actual schedule (which doesn’t come out for a while), I can’t tell you how many games will not be available in HD during that two week period, but I have been told it will be very minimal.

In your community, MLB HD is on CH 635 and NBA HD is on CH 612. And, except for the two week period, all the extra MLB HD games will be aired on CH 612.
I realize this is area specific, but how in the heck are 2 channels going to provide "access to all MLB HD games"? Other than a few cable systems, I think Chicago and Atlanta Comcast systems have 7 to 9 "game HD" channels, DIRECTV is the only provider I'm aware of that carries ALL the games in HD.
Quote:
MLB.TV's 2013 Price Update - $129.99 for the season/$25.99 a month
I have DIRECTV, solely for the purpose of MLB-HD - I activate it for 6 months each season - but this year I think I'll just dump DIRECTV and go with MLB.tv's offering as my current cable provider Comcast has still not added anymore "game HD" channels other than the 2 we've had for many years.

Here's a link to a thread announcing the addition of a full complement of channels to enable all games to be seen by iN DEMAND almost 2 years ago. As I noted above, other than a few cable systems, I'm guessing that 95% of the country's cable subscribers are still waiting for these channels to appear on their systems.
post #3 of 74 Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I only have 1 question about MLB.TV premium

if i'm logged into the MLB.TV app on my xbox 360 would my relative be able to watch MLB.TV on the PS3 app at the same time? to make this clearer would you be able to watch MLB.TV on a different device at the same time if i am logged in on the MLB.TV app?

post #4 of 74 Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

if i'm logged into the MLB.TV app on my xbox 360 would my relative be able to watch MLB.TV on the PS3 app at the same time? to make this clearer would you be able to watch MLB.TV on a different device at the same time if i am logged in on the MLB.TV app?
I've watched it on a computer and the PS3 at the same time, I think it was the same game though, not sure if that matters. Tried once with the friend/family thing in another city and while it didn't work for us then I'm told it does work actually, we must have been doing something wrong when we tried.
post #5 of 74 Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19

I had to watch it on my Logitech Revue off the internet last season, because I was having that constant re-buffering problem on my Roku that many were reporting.

post #6 of 74 Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

I had to watch it on my Logitech Revue off the internet last season, because I was having that constant re-buffering problem on my Roku that many reported.
I tried to use a WD TV Live to watch a game tonight and I got a lot of re-buffering, so much so that I finally just gave up on it. I also could not access the Angels/Dodgers game for some reason, it kept saying it would be available shortly(or something to that effect) yet the game was already being played, peculiar.
post #7 of 74 Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I tried to use a WD TV Live to watch a game tonight and I got a lot of re-buffering, so much so that I finally just gave up on it. I also could not access the Angels/Dodgers game for some reason, it kept saying it would be available shortly(or something to that effect) yet the game was already being played, peculiar.

Sorry that happened to you last night keenan, if that happened to me i would've been fed up too.

to avoid issues like that i might as well get MLB Ex even if it means paying $189 to watch SD games.

post #8 of 74 Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Sorry that happened to you last night keenan, if that happened to me i would've been fed up too.

to avoid issues like that i might as well get MLB Ex even if it means paying $189 to watch SD games.
Yeah, I'd rather save the $189 and just deal with MLB.tv quirkiness instead of viewing the games in SD, not to mention, my display is CRT-based and those black bars are not good for those types of displays.

Having MLBEI, and being in the Giants' market, I'll be blacked out of the home feeds of up to 18 games versus the Dodgers anyway. Add that to the 45-50 games shown locally in LA on KCAL, which are not carried by MLBEI and I'm up to 65 or so games with less than ideal viewing conditions. Until next season anyway when KCAL loses a huge number of games to the new RSN the Dodgers are starting. Decisions, decisions, but being a big baseball fan my heart will probably overrule my wallet and I'll end up re-starting the DIRECTV subscription(w/MLBEI-HD)! biggrin.gif
post #9 of 74 Old 03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:

I have never gotten MLB.TV but I have NHL GameCenter and I have watched 2 different games at the same time with different sources. I watch 1 game on my Roku and another on my iPad. Different service but I would assume the potential restrictions would be the same or similar. Not sure if there's any way for them to tell (or care) that 2 devices in 2 different areas are viewing the content.

Does anyone know if MLB.TV Premium has a free preview like EI? I'm not sure if I want to fork out the money when I can see my team daily in HD in my area but I would like to see the quality before paying $$.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #10 of 74 Old 03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Did anyone watch MLB.TV through the 2012 Panasonic plasmas last year? I am wondering how the experience is with that interface and any possible buffering issues.
post #11 of 74 Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

Does anyone know if MLB.TV Premium has a free preview like EI? I'm not sure if I want to fork out the money when I can see my team daily in HD in my area but I would like to see the quality before paying $$.
Last year mlb.tv had a "free game of the day" every day. Based on what they've been doing this spring, it appears they'll be doing the same this year.
post #12 of 74 Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If anyone is interested would you like me to post the MLB Extra Innings daily schedule when it becomes available?

Tonight at 8:05pm EDT/4:05pm PDT on ESPN/ESPN HD.

Texas Rangers at Houston Astros: Matt Harrison vs Bud Norris.

post #13 of 74 Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
directv has a good one (WGN games not listed)

http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb_schedules
post #14 of 74 Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Not impressed with the PQ of the Giants/Dodgers game on CSNBA (via DirecTV). Low resolution, though about the same as last season I suppose. I was hoping for an improvement this season. That's a shame.
post #15 of 74 Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post

Not impressed with the PQ of the Giants/Dodgers game on CSNBA (via DirecTV). Low resolution, though about the same as last season I suppose. I was hoping for an improvement this season. That's a shame.
Yes, it's really soft, that camera from behind home plate is worse than a cell phone image. I was going "move" this year so I could get the vastly superior Prime Ticket broadcasts on these Giants/Dodgers games but I didn't want to hassle with it. When I see this garbage I wish had. Obviously Comcast doesn't care as this has been going on for years now.
post #16 of 74 Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1 View Post

Last year mlb.tv had a "free game of the day" every day. Based on what they've been doing this spring, it appears they'll be doing the same this year.

Confirmed. Unfortunately, I am having the same issue that I originally had with NHL GC on my Roku 2 XS. The picture quality itself is very good but the action is choppy. Seems to lag behind by a small amount but that makes it very difficult to watch. I don't have that issue with NHL GC any longer. Roku customer service had me unplug my unit to reset it but that didn't work.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #17 of 74 Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

Confirmed. Unfortunately, I am having the same issue that I originally had with NHL GC on my Roku 2 XS. The picture quality itself is very good but the action is choppy. Seems to lag behind by a small amount but that makes it very difficult to watch. I don't have that issue with NHL GC any longer. Roku customer service had me unplug my unit to reset it but that didn't work.
Sorry it doesn't work too well for you. I have a computer permanently hooked up to my television and it's mostly very good. Mlb.tv is much better than it was a couple of years ago.

Hopefully, it'll continue to improve.
post #18 of 74 Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
odd they will pick WGN an channel that most cable systems have (some still have it as a limited basic channel) over the royals FS feed.

Also WGN all most never shows up in the USA MLB, NBA, NHL packs.

Will it be the WGN 9 (canada feed)?
post #19 of 74 Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 - 

MLB.com, Free Game of the Day:

Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins - 4:10 PM ET

post #20 of 74 Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post

odd they will pick WGN an channel that most cable systems have (some still have it as a limited basic channel) over the royals FS feed.

Also WGN all most never shows up in the USA MLB, NBA, NHL packs.

Will it be the WGN 9 (canada feed)?

Last year when MLB Ex had WGN on it was the WGN America Feed (the channel is not available to Comcast in Massachusetts)

but i will post an update here when the game starts to say which feed was chosen.

post #21 of 74 Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Is CSN ever going to format for 16:9?
post #22 of 74 Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

White Sox game is on WGN America.

post #23 of 74 Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Why not just save the trouble of daily postings and point fellas to http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/where they can click on the monthly schedule pdf?

For April: http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/mlb_hd_schedule.pdf?090417171945913
post #24 of 74 Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why not just save the trouble of daily postings and point fellas to http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/where they can click on the monthly schedule pdf?

For April: http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/mlb_hd_schedule.pdf?090417171945913

Thanks for the Post Dennis1, i don't mind posting the schedules but if you think it's better to just have the link posted so the thread doesn't become cluttered i agree.

post #25 of 74 Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

I don't mind the schedule postings, at the very least least it keeps the thread active and might help encourage others to post their thoughts and experiences with MLB viewing as the offerings can be extremely varied across the country and services.

For example, I'm curious to know what Comcast systems have a full compliment(9) of GameHD channels, if there even are any that do.
post #26 of 74 Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

MLB.com - Friday 4/5/2013 - Free game of the Day:

Florida Marlins at New York Mets - 7:10 PM ET

post #27 of 74 Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 PM

I'm somewhat familiar with Comcast in Sacramento, since my mother has their service.

From looking through their on-screen guide, apparently they have one TeamHD channel and two GameHD channels.
post #28 of 74 Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the Post Dennis1, i don't mind posting the schedules but if you think it's better to just have the link posted so the thread doesn't become cluttered i agree.
Well, don't necessarily go just on my say so. If others find it helpful, so be it (although I do imagine it's a lot of work for you).
post #29 of 74 Old 04-06-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Friday, 4/6/2013

MLB.com - Free Game of the Day:

Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers

7:10 PM ET

post #30 of 74 Old 04-06-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, don't necessarily go just on my say so. If others find it helpful, so be it (although I do imagine it's a lot of work for you).

I don't mind posting the schedules since it's hopefully does help other AVS members out. i will post Sunday's sometime tomorrow morning.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page