Campaign for BBC 3HD and BBC4HD - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Should the BBC introduce BBC 3HD and BBC 4HD as a matter of top priority?
Yes - right now! 5 100.00%
Yes - but cost savings must come first and I'm willing to put up with all those excellent BBC 3 and BBC 4 HD shows, many from USA and Scandinavia, in SD for now. 0 0%
No - can't be bothered with HD TV. 0 0%
No - in fact, they should bring back black and white and save some more money. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now that BBC HD has officially closed in the UK, there will be an awful lot of HD programming on the BBC which won't ever get an airing in anything other than SD because it'll be shown on the 50% of the domestic BBC channels that are SD only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/21927189

That's a real shame. I think the BBC should be told to introduce BBC 3HD and BBC 4HD by all of its viewers who agree wth me. Vote in my poll now, or add your comments below please.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Kind of wasting your time here. You would be better over at DigitalSpy. The majority of members of this forum are North American and don't even know BBC3 and 4 exist.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks VisionOn, I figured that but I was looking to post a new thread in order to get an AVS signature and enter the new kit competition. With the demise of BBC HD today, at 6am this morning as a savings measure, I thought it would be an appropriate topic to post on; and interesting to see if it got any response. Actually, for UK viewers I might link to the poll from Digital Spy.smile.gif. Thanks for the vote!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 AM

Yes please, let's have this as soon as possible and certainly before BBC News HD or HD regions.

If the BBC want to keep the youth market, as it may be seen as important to the corporations long term viability, then BBC Three broadcasting in a 21st century format should be seen as a priority.

Buying-in HD great shows from around the World then showing in SD is not great for a world-class broadcaster and leading member of the EBU so come Beeb get your act together.