"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 831 Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It was a very fast paced episode, maybe a little too fast paced. It almost felt rushed at times where some scenes and dialogue needed more time spent on them. I'm not giving up on the show, but it drives me crazy that week in and week out someones always after Sarah and all they have to do is just wait at Felix's loft since she always just goes there instead of a random meeting place so she can't be found so easily. The show is good, but the production, editing and writing could make it even better if they just tightened it up a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 111
They've said this season was going to be like Season 1 on crack and so far that's true.
Still great moments especially with Alison. I watch Tatiana do Alison and I can't believe its the same actress doing the other characters.
The scene where Alison was "picked up" by Sara's misdirection was side-splitting. Alison's whole movement and beat is just so different.
Lots of characters we don't really know their loyalties.
Sara is being smart and resourceful.
Loved the message from the girl. Sara says "Up yours."
Sara certainly knocked the smug look off Rachel's face.

SPOILER

Helena?! The showrunners lied to us!! I don't know how to feel about that. Love the character but truly thought she was finished.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #543 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Yes, I'm also glad Helena is not gone, she's a distinctly different character(clone) from the rest. While Allison is done very well as being very different from Sarah, Helena's look and even her personality make her an even more distant version of Sarah for me.
post #544 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 234
yes, She's back wink.gif

I thought the mini-van Alison scene was pretty good but I think my favorite was Sarah kicking butt on Rachel. Felix never fails to provide some comic relief with his bar scene eek.gif

the big question is who was taking Kira's photo? voice almost sounded like Leekie but that would be too obvious so guess we have to dig deeper.

Art still looks clueless & Ang still is clueless wink.gif

a good start - fast & furious biggrin.gif

Steve
post #545 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I won't discuss it yet but the show hits the ground running full tilt!! Everything you want is here and more.
You said it!
I went back and watched the last two episodes from last season just before the new episode aired- and the new episode had the same look and feel of season one- no drop off between seasons smile.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #546 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
biggrin.gif Loved the new season's starting episode & we're off to a Heck of a BANG & SPRINT for sure eek.gif

They never did actually say the KILLER CLONE Helena was dead just lead us to believe she was smile.gif

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #547 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

biggrin.gif Loved the new season's starting episode & we're off to a Heck of a BANG & SPRINT for sure eek.gif

They never did actually say the KILLER CLONE Helena was dead just lead us to believe she was smile.gif

They did indeed lie:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/19/orphan-black-season-2-premiere-creators/

Helena is not dead. REPEAT: Helena is not dead. And it turns out that was the master plan all along. Orphan Black creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett explain why they insisted on lying through their teeth when they told anyone who asked that the Ukranian clone/clone killer was indeed a goner after being shot by her twin sister Sarah in last season’s finale.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell me, how does it feel to be big fat stinking liars by going around telling everyone that Helena was dead?

JOHN FAWCETT: It feels great.

EW: So you knew the whole time she was coming back but people were going to ask you about it after that finale, so you just decided to…

FAWCETT: We lied. It was bald face lying. We just did it as best we could with every single interviewer that would talk to us.

post #548 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Helena's return is pretty much the only gripe I have about the season so far. Out of all the amazing original things this show does, having a character get shot with what should be a fatal wound and then survive seems like the most stereotypical and soap opera-esque thing they've done. I'll forgive them for it, though, because there's no way I could stop watching. This show is must-see TV in my book.
post #549 of 831 Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

They did indeed lie:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/19/orphan-black-season-2-premiere-creators/

Helena is not dead. REPEAT: Helena is not dead. And it turns out that was the master plan all along. Orphan Black creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett explain why they insisted on lying through their teeth when they told anyone who asked that the Ukranian clone/clone killer was indeed a goner after being shot by her twin sister Sarah in last season’s finale.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell me, how does it feel to be big fat stinking liars by going around telling everyone that Helena was dead?

JOHN FAWCETT: It feels great.

EW: So you knew the whole time she was coming back but people were going to ask you about it after that finale, so you just decided to…

FAWCETT: We lied. It was bald face lying. We just did it as best we could with every single interviewer that would talk to us.
I'm only going by the broadcast not anyone's interview .
i never read the writers interviews on any show , but that's just me wink.gif I was just going on what I saw at the end of the season tongue.gif

Mike

post #550 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 AM

Liked: 19
While Helena's gunshot would probably should have been fatal, remember that Sarah's daughter Kira was hit head-on by a car and probably should have been dead on impact, but she had virtually no internal injuries. And since Helena and Kira are related, there could be something special in their DNA (and Sarah's DNA) that isn't in the DNA of the other clones (hence the respiratory problems).
daryl zero likes this.
post #551 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
And didn't Sarah penetrate Helena's gut with an object which Helena had survived? Given that and Kira's non-injury maybe we should have expected Helena to survive.
post #552 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

And didn't Sarah penetrate Helena's gut with an object which Helena had survived? Given that and Kira's non-injury maybe we should have expected Helena to survive.
a large rebar to the gut rolleyes.gif IIRC

Mike

post #553 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain View Post

While Helena's gunshot would probably should have been fatal, remember that Sarah's daughter Kira was hit head-on by a car and probably should have been dead on impact, but she had virtually no internal injuries. And since Helena and Kira are related, there could be something special in their DNA (and Sarah's DNA) that isn't in the DNA of the other clones (hence the respiratory problems).
I think your on to something there smile.gif

Mike

post #554 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain View Post

That's what I assumed, I've always thought the clones had some recuperative ability that was somewhat above normal after what happened to Kira and Helena previously. I think it was even talked about in the thread.

Did we ever figure out what it was the doctors saw in Kira while she was in the hospital?
post #555 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That's what I assumed, I've always thought the clones had some recuperative ability that was somewhat above normal after what happened to Kira and Helena previously. I think it was even talked about in the thread.

Did we ever figure out what it was the doctors saw in Kira while she was in the hospital?
that's right the kid was dying when she 1st got there & then just a moment later she was fine & the doctors were scratching their heads asking what just happened ?
Keenan likes this.

Mike

post #556 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nice thought. However, it might be just Sarah and Helena who were twins (with Kira getting Sarah's abilities). Sarah is supposedly the only one who can reproduce.
Maybe Helena can have a child but she reminds me a bit about Chiaki Kuriyama's character "Gogo Yuban" in Kill Bill 1 who isn't anyone that males can get close enough to see.
Keenan and Fastslappy like this.

post #557 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM

Liked: 19
The ratings for the S2 premiere are in! The 9pm broadcast of the S2 premiere had 0.620 million viewers.

Technically, that is down from the 9pm S1 premiere (0.684 million), but that aired right after the mid-S7 Doctor Who premiere.

Overall, Orphan Black S1 averaged 0.375 million viewers at 9pm -- the S1 finale had 0.376 million viewers -- so 0.620 million for the S2 premiere is great (I'm sure BBC America is pleased).
post #558 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IIRC , They are all looking at a video screen ,
they seen something on the Ultra-sound monitor ,The Doc points that's bad ,
he glanced away for a second & then looked back & goes something to the effect

eek.gif ' Did you see that ? Now it's Just gone ,Where did that just go ? ' eek.gif

Mike

post #559 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

IIRC , They are all looking at a video screen ,
they seen something on the Ultra-sound monitor ,The Doc points that's bad ,
he glanced away for a second & then looked back & goes something to the effect

eek.gif ' Did you see that ? Now it's Just gone ,Where did that just go ? ' eek.gif
Yes, that's pretty much what I remember happening. At the time I got the sense that her body was repairing itself as the doctors watched, but I don't recall any further exposition on that.
Fastslappy likes this.
post #560 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, that's pretty much what I remember happening. At the time I got the sense that her body was repairing itself as the doctors watched, but I don't recall any further exposition on that.
Yeah that's how I took it as well ,
But that wasn't expressed at all on the episode , they just left at that as a ' it was there & now it's gone ' rolleyes.gif

Mike

post #561 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
At least with what we have seen so far... Helena/Sarah are the only twins. There are lots of clones... but they are all individual clones. For the moment it at least sounds like they don't know why Helena/Sarah exist as they do... being twins... I don't know that it was intended.

I gather they tweaked some of the clones... and maybe one tweak resulted in twins that have some strong recuperative abilities... it sounds like they basically lost track of Helena/Sarah, at least based on last season... so the ones tracking all the other clones might not have known any of this stuff until Sarah started mucking around in season 1.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #562 of 831 Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

maybe it's was rouge person in operation in the early years (like Sioban ) who impregnated the black woman on the sly . . . . . confused.gif

Mike

post #563 of 831 Old 04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 64
So that's maybe why they are trying to make the clones property and even a patent, this new DNA stuff and maybe self healing maybe in the design...

Too bad it didn't work for the german and the cop ones.. say maybe only such devastating injuries could kill them..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #564 of 831 Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So that's maybe why they are trying to make the clones property and even a patent, this new DNA stuff and maybe self healing maybe in the design...

Too bad it didn't work for the german and the cop ones.. say maybe only such devastating injuries could kill them..

Exactly
Now if the writers go and have either of them claw their way out of the grave, I'm outa here!
post #565 of 831 Old 04-23-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

eek.gif Oh No Zombie Killer Clones ! ! ? ? eek.gif

rolleyes.gif Nah I don't think So tongue.gif

Mike

post #566 of 831 Old 04-23-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 64
They could use a few million viewers from TWD, anything helps, I'll happy if they make a million viewers one day..

(man why lot of the quality shows nowadays suck at ratings)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #567 of 831 Old 04-23-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Seems like a logical course of action... and it might explain why some are dying (have died)... it could be a breakdown of their genetic structure OR they could be infecting some of them to test the healing properties.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #568 of 831 Old 04-27-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

So, knowing her husband is her observer will distraught quick tempered Allison get him dressed in suit & tie for her play and then maneuver him near their garbage disposal? smile.gif

Mrs S is badass! eek.gif
post #569 of 831 Old 04-27-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Seems like a logical course of action... and it might explain why some are dying (have died)... it could be a breakdown of their genetic structure OR they could be infecting some of them to test the healing properties.

I thought only sarahs' daughter had some special healing properties. And they don't even know about it.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #570 of 831 Old 04-27-2014, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I thought only sarahs' daughter had some special healing properties. And they don't even know about it.

Seems like crazy Helena is healing pretty well from a chest wound
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page