"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 26 - AVS Forum
First ... 24  25  26 27  28  ... Last
HDTV Programming > "ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD
bobby94928's Avatar bobby94928 01:26 PM 06-13-2014
Not if you're Felix....

philw1776's Avatar philw1776 06:41 PM 06-14-2014
I'm just crossing my fingers that the OB writers in an ever escalating attempt to be edgy don't go with a trans-species clone episode tonight.
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 07:53 PM 06-14-2014
I don't know... Tatiana might look more realistic with plastic antennae glued to her head than she did with that fake beard.
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 09:09 PM 06-14-2014
Have you seen "Dexter", best line of the night by Alison.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:18 PM 06-14-2014
"I will gut you like a fish"

"Haven't you been listening to ANYTHING my father has been saying?" "Not really."

"On the freezer! I want to do something dirty."

Well at least Kira has a nice new room.

A superbly written episode with a great fake out by Rachel. Academics are so easy to fool.
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 11:45 PM 06-14-2014
Donnie + Alison are gold. More Helena please.
Its so easy to forget that Tatiana is playing Alison. She feels like a completely different person.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 12:59 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Its so easy to forget that Tatiana is playing Alison. She feels like a completely different person.
Yes, the Donnie and Allison scenes tonight were fantastic!

And poor hapless Vic, the guy simply cannot catch a break.
Church AV Guy's Avatar Church AV Guy 01:30 AM 06-15-2014
...and not even a mention of Tony. Thank goodness!
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 08:16 AM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Yes, the Donnie and Allison scenes tonight were fantastic!

And poor hapless Vic, the guy simply cannot catch a break.
What in hell did Sarah ever see in that guy? It's one of the few character issues that make no sense.

I'd be happy if Sarah got a letter from Vic saying he'd run off with Tony and we never saw them again.
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 08:39 AM 06-15-2014
I like Vic. He's pretty funny with his mash-up of addiction/recovery buzzword lingo and his innate sense of street-wise self-preservation. He's one of my favorite non-clone characters.

And Donnie has become a much more interesting character this season. Enjoying his transition from timid pushover to empowered badass.
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 12:40 PM 06-15-2014
I love how Helena asks "Do I look like I'm trying to be funny?" with the pipe in her mouth.
HDMe2's Avatar HDMe2 02:17 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
What in hell did Sarah ever see in that guy? It's one of the few character issues that make no sense.

I'd be happy if Sarah got a letter from Vic saying he'd run off with Tony and we never saw them again.
It might make more sense if they ever told us more of Sarah's backstory. The hints they have dropped lead us to believe that Sarah was into shady cons and such... so she would need some unscrupulous cohorts. Vic fits the bill of the kind of person who might be a "contact" for you if you were into conning people and looking to get rid of stuff (fence) with the more seedy people. You could deal with annoying Vic, and let him deal with the more dangerous people that you would like to keep your distance from.
zalusky's Avatar zalusky 02:39 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Quote:

It might make more sense if they ever told us more of Sarah's backstory. The hints they have dropped lead us to believe that Sarah was into shady cons and such... so she would need some unscrupulous cohorts. Vic fits the bill of the kind of person who might be a "contact" for you if you were into conning people and looking to get rid of stuff (fence) with the more seedy people. You could deal with annoying Vic, and let him deal with the more dangerous people that you would like to keep your distance from.
The backstory on the whole throw clones out in the world thing might be interesting as well. It sort of seems like they were doing a nature vs nurture test by having copies and sending them across the globe they could see what differences in rearing do vs just the science of cloning.
DDD's Avatar DDD 05:08 PM 06-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I like Vic. He's pretty funny with his mash-up of addiction/recovery buzzword lingo and his innate sense of street-wise self-preservation. He's one of my favorite non-clone characters.

And Donnie has become a much more interesting character this season. Enjoying his transition from timid pushover to empowered badass.
His swagger walk from telling off Vic and Detective Angela Deangelis, was pure gold!
Attached: tumblr_lmx7waOoke1qgfbxzo1_250.gif (496.9 KB) 
HDMe2's Avatar HDMe2 02:20 AM 06-16-2014
Spoiling because it relates to the "coming next on Orphan Black" preview for next week... but it is only my speculation about something in the preview...

Spoiler!

I might be wrong, but I wanted it out there in case I get it right!
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 10:35 AM 06-16-2014
Is this show worth starting? I just signed up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, and this show is listed as an "exclusive" (i.e., not on Netflix, which I also have). I may or may not do a full year of Prime, but if I can find enough exclusive shows to get hooked on, I just may. As far as my tastes, I'm big on AMC dramas and good sci-fi. I don't usually watch a lot of BBC, but I did really like Torchwood and Robin Hood.
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 10:40 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Is this show worth starting? I just signed up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, and this show is listed as an "exclusive" (i.e., not on Netflix, which I also have). I may or may not do a full year of Prime, but if I can find enough exclusive shows to get hooked on, I just may. As far as my tastes, I'm big on AMC dramas and good sci-fi. I don't usually watch a lot of BBC, but I did really like Torchwood and Robin Hood.
If you like dramas and sci-fi you'll probably enjoy OB.
You're lucky... you can binge watch- what's the latest episode Amazon offers?
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 11:02 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Quote:
If you like dramas and sci-fi you'll probably enjoy OB.
You're lucky... you can binge watch- what's the latest episode Amazon offers?
Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like only season 1 is free for Prime members. Season 2 is available for the regular VoD fee. Has that season finished airing on BBC America yet?
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 11:09 AM 06-16-2014
Season 2 still airing on BBCA.
If you try OB, commit to watch 2 episodes. The characters do not seem quite as engaging at 1st look.
You'll be amazed at how they found all these actresses who look quite similar.
bobby94928's Avatar bobby94928 11:17 AM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Season 2 still airing on BBCA.
If you try OB, commit to watch 2 episodes. The characters do not seem quite as engaging at 1st look.
You'll be amazed at how they found all these actresses who look quite similar.
I certainly hope that was tongue in cheek....
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 01:54 PM 06-16-2014
Quote:
Season 2 is available for the regular VoD fee. Has that season finished airing on BBC America yet?
There's 10 episodes/season. Season two concludes next Saturday
Pagali's Avatar Pagali 09:42 PM 06-19-2014
CRITICS' CHOICE AWARDS 2014 (TONIGHT, JUN 19)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black (BBC America) (WINNER)

http://www.criticschoice.com/television-awards/
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 10:36 PM 06-19-2014
It's about time she got some official recognition. To say she deserves every best actress award available for a TV show would still be an understatement.
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 12:08 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It's about time she got some official recognition. To say she deserves every best actress award available for a TV show would still be an understatement.
Hear hear.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 06:13 AM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post

Which clone does she play?
bobby94928's Avatar bobby94928 09:31 AM 06-20-2014
There's that tongue in cheek again!
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 09:46 AM 06-20-2014
I think "Sarah" should be the main character or is she? maybe she won for her Helena "my babies"....
anyway I'm glad she won...
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 02:06 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post

I'm only three episodes into the first season and enjoying it so far, but to beat out Robin Wright in HoC. That's saying a lot. Now looking forward even more to seeing the rest of this series.
daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 02:15 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
I'm only three episodes into the first season and enjoying it so far, but to beat out Robin Wright in HoC. That's saying a lot. Now looking forward even more to seeing the rest of this series.
Absolutely and she does it. One of the most amazing jobs I've ever seen. Stay with it.
Garrett Adams's Avatar Garrett Adams 03:53 PM 06-20-2014
Happy for her win. However a word of advice to the showrunner, don't submit the last episode in this years Emmy submission.
Tags: Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
First ... 24  25  26 27  28  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop