"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 27 - AVS Forum
First ... 25  26  27 28  29 
HDTV Programming > "ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD
R11's Avatar R11 03:54 PM 06-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
I love how Helena asks "Do I look like I'm trying to be funny?" with the pipe in her mouth.
An improv'd line from Tatiana apparently:

Quote:
The Helena revenge scene was sparely scripted and had little dialogue, but the actors were given free rein to improvise, partly because we were running out of time. The use of the pipe, the other props, and much of the dialogue (“you think I’m trying to be funny”) was all improvised. So all props to Tatiana and Peter Outerbridge (who plays Johanssen); boy did they bring it. And kudos to TJ Scott for letting them run. Another great TJ episode. Working with that guy is the best.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-bla...ever-yet-done/

A nice sneak peek video from the finale:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/20/or...-finale-video/

ron

daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 12:17 AM 06-22-2014
So I really liked the resolution of the season along with the clone club reunion but the setup for next season didn't flow very well. Too much too much. Wtf are they going to do with Helena? What was the liquid nitrogen about? No one ever seems to miss her. Kind of a scary dancer.

Edit: read a review which explained the liquid nitrogen. Maybe I missed it while watching.
Will Rachel have an eye patch next season and be a stereotypical Bond villain?
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 08:07 AM 06-22-2014
That Clone Club Dance scene was awesome! I think the rest of Helena's eggs are in the nitrogen. I feared that she was pulling out a gasoline tank to kill her clone sisters since that was her mission from the beginning. I also thought that the male clone was going to be Felix when we only saw a glimpse of his back in the cell. I had posted my suspicion last season that Felix was also a clone. Glad I was wrong. I hope the rest of the guy clones have better haircuts.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 08:13 AM 06-22-2014
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Well, OB got it screwed up with a tooth for an eye, but that's what makes clone club worth joining.

So glad that they do NOT have Tatiana playing the male clones.

What does Mrs S have going with the car bomb phone call?

Can't wait to see Rachel's new eye patch look.
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 08:49 AM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Well, OB got it screwed up with a tooth for an eye, but that's what makes clone club worth joining.
call?

Can't wait to see Rachel's new eye patch look.
If Dyad can engineer a tail, they can probably replace the eye.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:27 AM 06-22-2014
Dance scene & how it's made

You Tube

Disclaimer: No real clones were abused or injured in making this film
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 05:51 PM 06-22-2014
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 06:00 PM 06-22-2014
Sarah having an abortion was no surprise. All the clones have murdered people except Cosima. Is is a DNA defect or a feature?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 06:02 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Sarah having an abortion was no surprise. All the clones have murdered people except Cosima. Is is a DNA defect or a feature?
Abortion is considered murder?
tomhunter8's Avatar tomhunter8 08:38 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Helena killed because she was psychologically screwed up by religious fanatics. Rachel was psychologically screwed up by being the specimen in a corporate lab test. Some of the clones were not shown to have killed (German, Jennifer, etc.). I believe the clones that have killed have done so out of self defense.

IMHO your equating of Sarah's abortion to the murders of the clones is nothing more than a personal religious/political statement that needs not be a part of an AVS Forum show thread.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:08 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
Helena killed because she was psychologically screwed up by religious fanatics. Rachel was psychologically screwed up by being the specimen in a corporate lab test. Some of the clones were not shown to have killed (German, Jennifer, etc.). I believe the clones that have killed have done so out of self defense.
Let's not forget the soccer Mom's watching her mistaken monitor die too. It can't just be flawed clone DNA because however inadvertently, Donnie did it too.
tomhunter8's Avatar tomhunter8 09:19 PM 06-22-2014
Quote:
Let's not forget the soccer Mom's watching her mistaken monitor die too. It can't just be flawed clone DNA because however inadvertently, Donnie did it too.
That is exactly my point. Alison allowed her mistaken monitor die out of self preservation. Donnie's "murder" was completely accidental (and funny). I believe the situations explain the killings much more than some flawed DNA. Most of the people doing the killing on this show are not clones.
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 09:42 PM 06-22-2014
I'm really disappointed that they've decided to introduce male clones. I was done with the stupid hair gel guy/Gracie stuff a long time ago, and now we'll never be rid of them (or at least him). I highly doubt they could have found somebody else with an acting ability equalling that of Tatiana's, and even if they did, it detracts from the main story and the characters we already care about. It seems like the writers are too eager to expand the show's universe into a larger conspiracy and not eager enough to flesh out the universe they've already established.
9179mhb's Avatar 9179mhb 09:19 AM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Late term abortions are.
replayrob's Avatar replayrob 09:22 AM 06-23-2014
Is that Dr. Don I hear coming?
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 10:24 AM 06-23-2014
Enjoyed the last episode. I don't even care that they added Male clones to the mix. Expanding the universe to see how far the clone program goes is part of the fun. Let's face it we have a small group of clones that we watch now, I think the males will be easy enough to follow as they seem to be much in the same as the "Sarah" clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:38 AM 06-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb View Post
Late term abortions are.
I don't recall her mentioning she had a late term abortion.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 03:22 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
I don't recall her mentioning she had a late term abortion.

She didn't, they asked and then cut away from her answer. We can only assume she said yes from her reaction and hesitation to answer the question. They didn't ask what term she was only if she had one at all. Really though we should leave this talk be as I have a feeling this thread is going to get "cleansed" soon.

daryl zero's Avatar daryl zero 05:16 PM 06-23-2014
She also said that she used birth control sometimes so, in keeping with what we know about Sarah, she might be (or have been) impulsive and careless with sexual relations leading to an abortion.

Please lets stay away from the abortion equals or does not equal murder discussion. No one is going to convince or dissuade anyone from their opinions on the topic.
HDMe2's Avatar HDMe2 05:42 PM 06-23-2014
Quote:
German girl who died may not have killed anyone... at least we don't know if she did. Also sick girl whom we saw only in video this season... and Tony, we don't know that he killed anyone.

Quote:
Backing away slowly from this part of the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'm really disappointed that they've decided to introduce male clones. I was done with the stupid hair gel guy/Gracie stuff a long time ago, and now we'll never be rid of them (or at least him). I highly doubt they could have found somebody else with an acting ability equalling that of Tatiana's, and even if they did, it detracts from the main story and the characters we already care about. It seems like the writers are too eager to expand the show's universe into a larger conspiracy and not eager enough to flesh out the universe they've already established.
Actually, this was inevitable. I half-thought they might go with gender-variants of Sarah as the male clones... but I'm glad actually that they went with an actual male. And while we don't know much about this guy as an actor, his character so far has been kind of a blend-in-to-the-scenery guy... so the role is actually primed for him to have a breakout character who is different and then we will know.

I get where you are coming from... but it would be unbelievable NOT to have a male branch of the clones. Since they were designed to be sterile, it stands to reason that they would have a male and a female clone program... and it also expands the story possibilities.
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 02:38 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Actually, this was inevitable. I half-thought they might go with gender-variants of Sarah as the male clones... but I'm glad actually that they went with an actual male.
I would argue that it was certainly evitable. Yes, it was likely that a male cloning program existed, but they could have easily explained it away with the genetic samples getting destroyed in the fire, the doctor sabotaging the project, or even Helena's people having killed all the males already. (On that note, everyone sure seems comfortable with a former axe murderer who only targetted clones sleeping in the same room with them all of a sudden.)
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 06:14 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Edit: read a review which explained the liquid nitrogen. Maybe I missed it while watching.
Will Rachel have an eye patch next season and be a stereotypical Bond villain?
I hope so! Since they're setting Rachel up as the big villain, an eye patch would add to the mystique.

I also missed the part about the liquid nitrogen; have no idea what that's about. Nor what the military wants with Helena. What, were they just hanging out there in the hallway waiting on her to come out all by herself? What a coincidence!

And suddenly Paul reappears, back in the military, wearing camo and sporting a nifty new beret and new promotion? WTF?

Enjoyed the Clone Club dance-off and how each clone danced differently as per their personalities. But where was Tony? Can't remember what happened to him. In my defense, he was kind of a forgettable character. But he should have been there dancing away with his "sistras", no? And the subplot with Vic and Art's partner seemed to be either dropped or run into a dead end.

All in all, kind of a fragmented, disjointed season compared with last. Too many questions and plot threads left dangling or abandoned altogether. Not as satisfying as a whole for me, but Tats still acted her cute little butt off. And that's the prime reason to watch.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 06:56 AM 06-24-2014
I thought the liquid Nitrogen held her eggs that were harvested at the Fish compound? Or at least something from the Fish compound.
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 07:00 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
I thought the liquid Nitrogen held her eggs that were harvested at the Fish compound?
Ah, that makes sense.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 11:46 AM 06-24-2014
Quote:
I thought the liquid Nitrogen held her eggs that were harvested at the Fish compound? Or at least something from the Fish compound.
Correct.
FOPA's Avatar FOPA 11:48 AM 06-24-2014
Sorry if this was already listed. Donnie said there were 11 clones. I can only count 8. Who am I missing? Can we have a listing?
Sarah, Beth. Allison, Cosime, Helena, German girl, Tony, and Rachel.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 12:11 PM 06-24-2014
For one, you omitted the clone that Cosima watched die on video

I'd have to re-watch Episodes 2 or 3 of Season One to see if the papers Sarah found listed any other Euroclones besides the Kraut Klone. I think they did. One from France if memory serves. Maybe not.
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 12:14 PM 06-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post
Sorry if this was already listed. Donnie said there were 11 clones. I can only count 8. Who am I missing? Can we have a listing?
Sarah, Beth. Allison, Cosime, Helena, German girl, Tony, and Rachel.

Aryanna, Danielle, and Janika (all deceased)

HDMe2's Avatar HDMe2 12:45 PM 06-24-2014
And to be fair... Donnie said "that we know of"... and we certainly know of at least one more... the young one at the end of the episode being raised by Michelle Forbes' character would be at least #12 of the clones.

OR...

To be perfectly fair... you might still count them as 11 clones... since Helena and Sarah aren't two clones. They really are identical twins from a single clone embryo... but I didn't want to blow up anyone's brain on that point
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 06:55 AM 07-10-2014
Renewed for 10 episodes Season 3

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/print/697736
Tags: Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
First ... 25  26  27 28  29 

Up
Mobile  Desktop