"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #841 of 853 Old 12-05-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
While replaying episodes before the new season, wish they'd organize things better. A week or so back they played non-sequential episodes picked by a fan club. Hard to track what's going on story-wise. Now they're running season 2, apparently at early morning weekend hours. And VOD lists nothing for the miniseries. My preference would be all episodes, arranged in sequence, on VOD. -- John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 853 Old 12-05-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post
While replaying episodes before the new season, wish they'd organize things better. A week or so back they played non-sequential episodes picked by a fan club. Hard to track what's going on story-wise. Now they're running season 2, apparently at early morning weekend hours. And VOD lists nothing for the miniseries. My preference would be all episodes, arranged in sequence, on VOD. -- John
This show must be watched sequentially. What provider do you have? Comcast has both seasons available for free via their OnDemand VOD product. I see Amazon also has both seasons though they cost about $20 per season. Can't you just record all the episodes and then watch them in order?
post #843 of 853 Old 12-05-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
This show must be watched sequentially. What provider do you have? Comcast has both seasons available for free via their OnDemand VOD product. I see Amazon also has both seasons though they cost about $20 per season. Can't you just record all the episodes and then watch them in order?
Watching NYC's FIOS (Ultimate program subscription, with access to all non-specialized program sources). That initial fan-club-chosen (favorites) sequence, jumping forward several episodes each time, turned me off trying to review everything--via FIOS. Might try the Blu-rays one of these days. -- John
post #844 of 853 Old 12-13-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I just finished watching season 2 on regular DVD from Netflix (the only disc format they carry for this show), and OMG! Four-clone dance party! Are you kidding me?! I watched the making-of featurette on how they did it afterwards, and I'm still amazed. There was also a great making-of featurette on the Rachel/Sarah smack down from earlier in season 2 (when Sarah pistol whips Rachel in her office). I don't remember being so amazed at the time I originally watched that scene, only because I had totally forgotten it was the same actress. The creators joked how for next season they want to do a five-clone dinner party, which would be much harder to do than the dancing.

I don't currently carry the channel package that includes BBC America (it would add $10 to my cable bill), but I may have to re-evaluate come next spring.

Regardless, I'd like to thank everyone again who recommended this incredible show a few pages back in this thread.
acebreathe and tomhunter8 like this.
post #845 of 853 Old 12-13-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
There was also a great making-of featurette on the Rachel/Sarah smack down from earlier in season 2 (when Sarah pistol whips Rachel in her office). I don't remember being so amazed at the time I originally watched that scene, only because I had totally forgotten it was the same actress.
That's the pinnacle of visual effects, IMO. It's easy to make a scene with people shooting lightning bolts from their hands where you think, "Yeah, right," but if you can make a scene where the audience doesn't even recognise that VFX were used, then you've done the best job possible as a VFX artist.
acebreathe likes this.
post #846 of 853 Old 12-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Maslany is so good that the fact it is one actress portraying different characters doesn't even cross my mind anymore. Each character stands so strongly on their own. And I'm a person who generally HATES movies and shows where one actor plays twins.
post #847 of 853 Old 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

This is why I think the introduction of male clones was a mistake. I doubt they could have found another actor with as much talent as Tatiana, and even if they did, the story was supposed to be about Sarah's search for answers. I don't care about Mr. Hairoil's search for answers.
acebreathe likes this.
post #848 of 853 Old 12-13-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Agreed.
Sadly, most admired writing teams get full of themselves seeking to one up what they've done successfully until they "jump the shark". Introducing "Tony" last season was one such moment, forgivable in part because it was a 1st offense and so brief. However a season full of male clones smells like over the top hubris. There is only ONE Tatiana. I eagerly await being proven wrong as I love this heretofore excellent show.
acebreathe likes this.
post #849 of 853 Old 12-14-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Agreed.
Sadly, most admired writing teams get full of themselves seeking to one up what they've done successfully until they "jump the shark". Introducing "Tony" last season was one such moment, forgivable in part because it was a 1st offense and so brief. However a season full of male clones smells like over the top hubris. There is only ONE Tatiana. I eagerly await being proven wrong as I love this heretofore excellent show.
Agree. Tony looked like Tatiana at a Halloween party.
post #850 of 853 Old 12-14-2014, 07:46 AM
DDD

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
Agree. Tony looked like Tatiana at a Halloween party.
Tony was just one of the clones with the "treatments".
post #851 of 853 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 457
post #852 of 853 Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Ah, you gotta love trailers that don't tell you anything. I wonder how much money BBCA spent making that little uninformative gem.
Keenan likes this.
post #853 of 853 Unread Today, 04:37 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Tony was just one of the clones with the "treatments".
Exactly. I'm not sure what people expected "Tony" should have looked like. He is just one of the clones that had sexual reassignment work done and testosterone treatments. Plenty of regular dudes can't grow more than a skimpy chin patch of facial hair. Testosterone is not going to completely alter anyone's looks...

ron
Ph8te likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Orphan by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page