"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 35 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1021 of 1040 Old 06-21-2015, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Remember what Delphine said before being gut shot?
I say it's Shay who killed her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1040 Old 06-21-2015, 07:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1622 Post(s)
Liked: 998
I can't believe it's over already. 10 episodes go by too quick!
phildaant likes this.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1023 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Show's creator recaps the finale.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/18...-season-finale

Slight spoilers warning for the Spolierphobic. Nothing significant. Mostly that so-and-so will be there in Season 4, as if we didn't know. No info on Delphine though.
phildaant likes this.
post #1024 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I wonder what happened to nail-salon-Maslany (can't remember her character's name at the moment).
Krystal.
Ph8te likes this.
post #1025 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 983
I also thought it was interesting they brought back the girl from the vision. People earlier brought her up and voila she is back.

Sent from nowhere
post #1026 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I also thought it was interesting they brought back the girl from the vision. People earlier brought her up and voila she is back.
Isn't she another clone but younger, of course? That is how the clone sisters looked like at that age. Or am I totally wrong?
post #1027 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Remember what Delphine said before being gut shot?
I say it's Shay who killed her.
Interesting, but I really don't think so. If true, then either the actress did a horrible job in her role (way too distressed and emotionally fragile in her last scenes with Cosima and Delphine) or the writers decided to do a 180 turn. Plus the fact that Delphine went to her apt. and essentially put trust in Shay. Then shortly after this scene, to have Delphine almost matter-of-factly respond to the person who was shooting at her as if she wasn't surprised, also suggests to me that it wouldn't have been Shay.

Quote:
Meanwhile... tied up a lot of things, but opened the new can of worms.
literally.

Quote:
So I'm wondering... is Michelle Forbes' character going to be back? Or will we find she was killed off-screen? Kind of figured "mommy" was coming, since they've been talking about her for some time and no one ever said she was dead.
Charlotte said Rachel was going to be her new mother. Which suggests Marian Bowles (sic) was either killed or at least long-term detained. Perhaps she will reemerge for a dramatic end-of-season 4 twist.

Quote:

A little odd on the reveal of S's mom being the source of all the clones... not implausible... but odd.
I was concerned about how they were going to tidy this reveal up after episode 9 (hated to think that Sarah wound up with Mrs. S by just some extremely odd coincidence), but I was satisfied with the explanations in this final episode. Including the chimera genetic aspects.

Last edited by CruelInventions; 06-22-2015 at 07:36 AM.
post #1028 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnetop View Post
Isn't she another clone but younger, of course? That is how the clone sisters looked like at that age. Or am I totally wrong?

"Of course"? I would never say that on this show we won't know until they reveal it

Sent from nowhere
post #1029 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnetop View Post
No, you are correct.

post #1030 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 03:39 PM
DDD

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I liked Helena: "You're winding down...like a toy"
post #1031 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 265
The Helena moment there in the garage was fitting... She kills the bad guys without remorse, but you could tell she felt a connection with this guy... like she knew how he was brought up and knew he couldn't help who he was to some degree, so she felt bad about killing him and bonded a little.

Meanwhile... yeah, seeing the young-clone and her saying "you're my new mommy" was why I was wondering about Michelle Forbes' character. I assumed that was the same little girl, and not that they have a bunch of little girl clones around... although I guess that's a possibility too... but last we saw of her was the end of the previous season with Forbes' character... and nothing from either of them since... so it felt like they were subtly telling us that Forbes' is possibly gone.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1032 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
It appears only Mark went "native" and developed his own real and individual personality... so kind of fitting that he's the one who survives (at least for now). [...] A little odd on the reveal of S's mom being the source of all the clones... not implausible... but odd.
It was convenient, just as it was convenient that the only "good" male clone is the one whose disease is progressing the slowest, thus giving Cosima time to cure him with the original genome while all of his "evil" brothers die.

When the Neolutionist said Delphine was going to die, I assumed she had been infected with the worm thing by coming in contact with his blood, so she would have died from whatever "condition" he passed on to her. I guess not, but a bullet seems a little mundane for the Neolutionists.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1033 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quasi-spoiler tag here, if you haven't already seen the S03 finale episode:

Probably should have said that before now.

Anyway, Delphine didn't seem surprised by her attacker, which suggests Delphine knew him/her.
And she talked as if she knew the killer would be familiar with whom Delphine was referring to without needing to speak Cosima's name (referring to Cosima as only "her").
Maybe philw1776 was right with "Shay" as the attacker possibility after all.

More plausible than I was willing to allow before but I still don't think that it will be Shay, as I expressed earlier.

I don't think it would be Scott, but it could be plausible given his close working relationship with both Cosima & Delphine. Surely he would immediately understand whom Delphine was referring to when Delphine said, "what will happen to her?". However, it would be such a ridiculous change from the character's prior behavior that it would be downright silly. It would require a maaajor sell job by both the writers and the actor.

Someone else suggested Art (not on this forum). The theory being that it was still unexplained as to why Beth killed herself. She had already known of Paul's betrayal for at least a little while (or did she just learn of it prior to jumping?), so that wouldn't have been enough to drive her over the edge. However, if she were to discover that her partner also had another (Neolution) agenda and betrayed her too, that could have been the final straw. So the theory goes. Interesting, but again doubtful to my mind.

I'll throw out this theory. It was the Michelle Forbes/Marion (Marianne?) character. Delphine knew her and the fact that Marion's adopted clone Charlotte was no longer with her since Charlotte was now stating to Rachel that she would be her new mother, it could be that Marion was either in deep with Neolution all along and the scenes with Charlotte were just a charade for Sarah's benefit. Or, Neolution is threatening the safety of Marion and/or Charlotte, forcing Marion to get her hands dirty, acting on behalf of Neolution against her will.

Last edited by CruelInventions; 06-22-2015 at 11:23 PM.
post #1034 of 1040 Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It was convenient, just as it was convenient that the only "good" male clone is the one whose disease is progressing the slowest, thus giving Cosima time to cure him with the original genome while all of his "evil" brothers die.
It's just as plausible for him (Mark) to have survived the longest as it would have been for him to have died the earliest. Obviously, things would have proceeded differently had he died sooner. So what. I don't think it warrants disapproval on the grounds of that so-called "convenience". I think the "convenient" dismissal is even less warranted in the case of S's mom being the original. If it were merely extreme coincidence that Sarah ended up with Mrs. S, then yes absolutely, it would have been ridiculous. But their pairing (as foster mother and foster child) turned out to have been borne of intention and a decently plausible one at that.

Quote:

When the Neolutionist said Delphine was going to die, I assumed she had been infected with the worm thing by coming in contact with his blood, so she would have died from whatever "condition" he passed on to her. I guess not, but a bullet seems a little mundane for the Neolutionists.
Ah, now that is an excellent point! Hadn't thought of that. Widens the net of possibilities for Delphine's attacker, I suppose.

post #1035 of 1040 Old 06-23-2015, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 747
What was up with the worm, anyway? Was it supposed to be part of their crazy brand of evolution (like the guy with the tail in season 1)?
post #1036 of 1040 Old 06-23-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
What was up with the worm, anyway? Was it supposed to be part of their crazy brand of evolution (like the guy with the tail in season 1)?
That's what I was thinking too...
Just reminded me... The Strain is starting up in less than three weeks
aaronwt likes this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #1037 of 1040 Unread Today, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Found out about this show recently from CNET and wow, it's great! I'm halfway through season 2 and am really enjoying it and that main actress is awesome.

At first in the series opener I was skeptical this show was going to be good since her accent sounded bad and it seemed like the show would be cheesy. I stuck with it and the later part of that episode got better as did ep 2 and so on and it is so far one of my favourite shows that I have watched in the last few years.
post #1038 of 1040 Unread Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 292
^ welcome to the clone club fan club

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #1039 of 1040 Unread Today, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 71
While watching this season's finale of Orphan is the New Black,
I also immediately thought Delphine saw Shay in the doorway w/a gun, & realizing she was 'finished' , asked "What will happen to her?" ( Cosima ) ...
post #1040 of 1040 Unread Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

At first in the series opener I was skeptical this show was going to be good since her accent sounded bad and it seemed like the show would be cheesy.
How would you know if her accent was bad?

Not stating this as a challenge to your opinion, per se. Just curious how you came to that opinion.

There are dozens of British accents. More accents even than what you'll find across the USA.
Not to mention the fact that the character came over from England as a child, and could have a diminished or mix of accent influences as a result.

oh, and welcome to the thread.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Orphan by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page