"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288Likes

post #1291 of 1310 Old 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I was very happy with the final season and series finale episode. I wish they wouldn't have killed off S, but at least they gave her a hero's ending.

I'll miss Orphan Black, but only because it's such a great show and not because they bungled the finale (I'm looking at you "Medium") making me long for a different ending. I really love the potential of a movie or sequel featuring Cosima and Delphine seeking out the other clones worldwide. I think that could be awesome driven by human interest storylines of the various clones in different life situations instead of centered on dark conspiracies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1310 Old 08-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager8 View Post
I'll miss Orphan Black, but only because it's such a great show and not because they bungled the finale (I'm looking at you "Medium") making me long for a different ending. I really love the potential of a movie or sequel featuring Cosima and Delphine seeking out the other clones worldwide. I think that could be awesome driven by human interest storylines of the various clones in different life situations instead of centered on dark conspiracies.
Didn't give any thought to a movie or sequel. I would not want one any time soon.

I wish you hadn't reminded me of that "Medium" finale - a terrible way to go.

Has anyone revisited the first season? I wonder how that will play now that we know most of the answers. One of these days I will have to rewatch.
post #1293 of 1310 Old 08-17-2017, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
Didn't give any thought to a movie or sequel. I would not want one any time soon.

Has anyone revisited the first season? I wonder how that will play now that we know most of the answers. One of these days I will have to rewatch.
I rewatched it after season three, I believe. I also have the first graphic novel, which covers the same ground. The eugenics underground was completely dropped in later seasons, though revisited in season 4 flashbacks. What I wondered after the finale is if there are still 274 monitors in the field watching these clones all over the world?
nottenst likes this.

post #1294 of 1310 Old 08-17-2017, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 74
If I understand you, are you referring to MKs origin? Then you might want to pick up the second graphic novel "Helsinki" which explores that angle more fully. There is a third comic series currently running called "Deviations" that explores what happens if Sara prevents Beth from stepping in front of the train.
post #1295 of 1310 Old 08-17-2017, 05:29 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6415 Post(s)
Liked: 3963
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post

I wish I also hadn't been given a reminder of Medium. I never watched the last two or three episodes and have been wanting to watch them some time. But at the time they aired I was too pissed about the cancellation. And never ended up watching them.

I'm glad that Orphan Black got a proper send off.
Plager8 likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1296 of 1310 Old 08-17-2017, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Given that this entire show started over a custody battle between Sarah and Mrs. S over Kira, it seems strange for it to end with the loose end of a child whose custody status is totally up in the air.
Hey, at least she's in better shape than Mud. She might have starved or burned to death on the island for all we know. Custody arrangements are a minor nuisance in comparison to her predicament!
post #1297 of 1310 Old 08-19-2017, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I'm sure there must be some out there, but I can't think of another actress that could have pulled off the incredible job of portraying all of the clones that Tatiana Maslany did on this series. She gave each character such unique qualities to create their separate identities that when multiple clones were on screen together I was never distracted with thoughts of them being portrayed by the same actress. It was truly like each character was a completely different person and I find that amazing.
lexluthor likes this.
post #1298 of 1310 Old 08-19-2017, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I really enjoyed the pilot... have the DVR set for this show.
post #1299 of 1310 Old 08-19-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarfrumpkin View Post
I really enjoyed the pilot... have the DVR set for this show.

The show that literally just ended? Your DVR isn't going to record much...
Ph8te likes this.
post #1300 of 1310 Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
The show that literally just ended? Your DVR isn't going to record much...

Not a DVR, he'll need a time machine.
Ph8te likes this.
post #1301 of 1310 Old 08-20-2017, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager8 View Post
I'm sure there must be some out there, but I can't think of another actress that could have pulled off the incredible job of portraying all of the clones that Tatiana Maslany did on this series. She gave each character such unique qualities to create their separate identities that when multiple clones were on screen together I was never distracted with thoughts of them being portrayed by the same actress. It was truly like each character was a completely different person and I find that amazing.
"I was never distracted with thoughts of them being portrayed by the same actress."

OB viewers have often stated this same thing but I've frequently been interrupted by thoughts of her playing the different roles as I'm watching.

Maslany has done an outstanding job in creating distinct characters (with an important assist from the makeup/hairstyle/fashion team), I agree. But this sort of complete or near-complete suspension of remembrance of this one actress playing all roles? Never consistently true in my viewing experience of the show. And that's not really a criticism. But my viewing thoughts would frequently bounce back and forth between complete immersion followed by momentary interruptions observing the fact that the same actress Tatiana was playing a different character now.
Tack likes this.

Last edited by CruelInventions; 08-20-2017 at 07:30 PM.
post #1302 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Liked: 4087
Need a little help here. Was out of town for the past couple of weeks and when I got back last night to watch the finale, there had evidently been a storm during it and my DTV dropped the last part of the scene where Helena is about to give birth, and Virginia has gotten the drop on Art and ordered him to be the midwife. Westmoreland has taken some adrenaline drug, shot his doctor, and was headed to the heli on the roof. Then, poof!

When my dish recovered its senses, Art and Sarah are helping Helena give birth and Virginia is dead under a sheet. No rerun of the finale is scheduled, so I guess BBCA is done with the show. Can anyone fill me in?
post #1303 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Need a little help here. Was out of town for the past couple of weeks and when I got back last night to watch the finale, there had evidently been a storm during it and my DTV dropped the last part of the scene where Helena is about to give birth, and Virginia has gotten the drop on Art and ordered him to be the midwife. Westmoreland has taken some adrenaline drug, shot his doctor, and was headed to the heli on the roof. Then, poof!

When my dish recovered its senses, Art and Sarah are helping Helena give birth and Virginia is dead under a sheet. No rerun of the finale is scheduled, so I guess BBCA is done with the show. Can anyone fill me in?
Spoiler!
archiguy likes this.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #1304 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Liked: 4087
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Spoiler!
Thanks! But you didn't need to spoiler-tag it -- already aired.
post #1305 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Thanks! But you didn't need to spoiler-tag it -- already aired.
I know that's the rule, but some people may be waiting to binge or stream. I sometimes read a thread before I've caught up with a show...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #1306 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

You should be able to get it straight from the BBCA site using your credentials with your provider.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/orph...wrongs-of-many
archiguy likes this.
post #1307 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 611
There was a lot of dialogue in the Westmorland/ Sarah encounter, so may want to catch the episode for that, or YouTube the scene - if someone's posted it yet.
archiguy likes this.
post #1308 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 490
post #1309 of 1310 Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4810 Post(s)
Liked: 4359
As it's been stated, this was a very good finale. The kind of rushed escape scene, but it was well worth the last half where they showed the aftermath. I will miss this show, that for sure.
post #1310 of 1310 Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
Liked: 1451
Amazon now has a listing for a complete series Blu-ray set, but there's no information regarding whether it will have any additional bonus material compared to the five individual season releases. I sure hope it does, but the description says it will only have ten discs, which makes it sound suspiciously like a bundle of the previous seasons. I want my eleventh disc!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page