"ORPHAN BLACK" on BBC America in HD - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Watched this for the first time yesterday. Quite impressed. Writing was really good enough to easily suspend disbelief in several spots. Where can I catch up on the earlier episodes? Are they on Hulu/ Netflix/ Amazon Video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Yeah... the job Tatiana is doing really can't be overstated...

We are watching a show where we know she is playing multiple parts and we know they are using trickery and computers to make us see her talking to herself... but the scenes still work the same as if they had other actors.

Also... even though I know as I watch that she is playing all the roles... I find myself believing they are different characters... and moreso... we didn't get to see "Beth" because in her only scene she kills herself... so we don't know if Sarah does a good job of pretending to be Beth truly... but Allison being Sarah is a mind-blowing kind of thing... I mean, Tatiana is doing all of it... but Tatiana as Sarah was different than Tatiana as Allison as Sarah. That takes some subtlety that is hard to pull off on a show where we know it is the same actress... that we can get lost in all that is really kind of amazing.

I thought this was a great post at the time. It applies even more to last night's episode and since HDMe2 said it better than I ever could ...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #183 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamawass View Post

Watched this for the first time yesterday. Quite impressed. Writing was really good enough to easily suspend disbelief in several spots. Where can I catch up on the earlier episodes? Are they on Hulu/ Netflix/ Amazon Video?

Directv has it available on-demand(not in HD) ...
Comcast Xfinity on Demand has all the episodes ..

Depending on your provider, I would check out their on-demand listings first.
post #184 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Really good episode. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Almost feel bad for that sad sack Vic he is so over his head. Will be interesting to see what Frewer and the french chic have in store for Cosima and whether or not they are part of the bigger organization that Sarah and co. are up against. Looks like Art will be back next week which complicate things more. I'd say this show is set up nicely for season 2.
post #185 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 111

It was the most plot movement per minute I can recall.

post #186 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 119
They are definitely juggling a lot of balls in the air... and moving the plot fairly fast. I like that, even if it likely means the show ends quicker... by which I mean, at this pace by the end of their 2nd season we ought to be well on the way to knowing most of what is going on... but I'd rather have less of quality than more of drawn out randomness.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #187 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok was I the only one who noticed this thus far.. vic found sarah/felix via GPS on felix's computer WTF .. I dam well hope that felix is not a monitor because then the scientists know what's coming... and there could be no greater challenge for sarah than finding out that..

also I've been rewatching the series to get some of my friends hooked, and I do think ms. s knows what sarah is ... because she says she had no idea how special kira is... but that also means if kira is special that means that sarah is not the original because then kira would be "scientifically speaking" unremarkable
post #188 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 104
My take on the map on Felix's computer was more of a Google Maps look up to find Allison's house, not an active tracking of anyone.
post #189 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

My take on the map on Felix's computer was more of a Google Maps look up to find Allison's house, not an active tracking of anyone.
that's how i took it Felix googled the address for driving instructions & left his laptop on . Actually anyone who turned on the laptop could go into history & find that search as well .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #190 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

The idea of Felix being her monitor is interesting though.

post #191 of 838 Old 05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Don't get why a clone couldn't have kids unless it's most probably a plot device based on their supposed "imperfections".
post #192 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
It's most likely a deliberate decision on the part of their creator.
post #193 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The idea of Felix being her monitor is interesting though.

I didn't think of that one...that'd be a good plot curve ball.

Steve
post #194 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Don't get why a clone couldn't have kids unless it's most probably a plot device based on their supposed "imperfections".

Maybe the scientists used the Jurassic Park "How to create Life" guide book: Sterilize the creations. Maybe they tried Frog DNA n Sarah and that's why she's different. ;-)
post #195 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe the scientists used the Jurassic Park "How to create Life" guide book: Sterilize the creations. Maybe they tried Frog DNA n Sarah and that's why she's different. ;-)

But she's British, not French
rdoac likes this.
post #196 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But she's British, not French

Groooaaaan! Good one!!!
post #197 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Allison's kids must be adopted, "Yeah"?
post #198 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

feeling kind of dumb for not seeing the obvious option... but also kind of relived

going with the reproductive capability topic, I currently believe that they are not exact genetic clones but rather they have one or two changes between them. (hence the German, blood in her cough -- cosmia's glasses(I read somewhere that's actually a show error but it works out with this theory), beth mental problems?... you get the idea
post #199 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

It's most likely a deliberate decision on the part of their creator.

Agreed, Sarah is a test subject, Whoever is running this probably wants to see how her offspring turns out before letting other clones reproduce.Her being the only one able to reproduce is part of the experiment, limitingt the variables.

post #200 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

Allison's kids must be adopted, "Yeah"?

I thought she said they were her husbands kids in an earlier episode?

Anyway I have been enjoying this show and glad I decided to watch it. I watch this show before I watch Doctor Who now.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #201 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

I volunteer to force myself to mate with each the clones repeatedly to ascertain if they can actually reproduce or not. For science of course.
Andrew Simek likes this.
post #202 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Allison's kids are adopted.
post #203 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I say either Sarah has no monitor, she fell through a crack somehow OR her adoptive mom was supposed to be her monitor, but she rebelled and took Sarah away. Paul hinted that he was trying to take Beth away... so maybe Sarah's mom did just that.

Allison does say she grew up with her husband... that's the only clone thus far who has said anything like that revealing past history as a child. So... unless we are going with implanted memories (Which puts Allison's husband back on the table as her monitor possibly)... then they might have had different monitors at different stages of their lives.

I still say Allison's husband is suspicious... he was talking to someone that night while he burned the contents of the secret box... he told Allison that he lost touch with the woman he had the affair with... so who was he talking to about the contents of that box?

My guess is Allison's husband would have changed his tune IF he saw multiples the same way Paul became a little more interested in Sarah once he saw there were more than her and his Beth.
Andrew Simek likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #204 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I volunteer to force myself to mate with each the clones repeatedly to ascertain if they can actually reproduce or not. For science of course.

Thats too much for one guy...I'll help.

For Paul, the magic word was clones...he was about to poisen Sara when she told him they were clones-had even covered himself with his apparent superior that "Beth" was suicidal. He had poured her the spiked alcohol when Sara told him, and he than gave her the bottle he was drinking from instead.

post #205 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
The question is, why would he want to kill her? Did he think that if his handler found out about the "tainted" experiment results that they'd off him along with Sarah? If so, it might indicate that he knows more about them than he's letting on, as the only times we've seen the handler, he's been fairly restrained and never given any indication that he has to erase the "evidence" if the experiment goes awry.
post #206 of 838 Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

Whoa! What an episode!!! I hope the writers leave something for the next season. And Matt Frewer is back! Flashbacks to his Max Headroom days with this face projected on the giant screen during the conference. Was he killed off in Falling Skies last year? I don't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

eating farting Donnie biggrin.gif
what a juggle for Alison & Sarah! and the nosy neighbor - too classic.

good episode, some mystery, some action and some comedic moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post

Really good episode. Made me laugh out loud a couple of times. Almost feel bad for that sad sack Vic he is so over his head. Will be interesting to see what Frewer and the french chic have in store for Cosima and whether or not they are part of the bigger organization that Sarah and co. are up against. Looks like Art will be back next week which complicate things more. I'd say this show is set up nicely for season 2.

I must not be on the same page as everyone else here. I thought it was a mediocre sci-fi adaptation of a standard French Farce. There were a few clever moments, but overall, it followed the French Farce formula so faithfully I was anticipating each twist before it happened. I thought it was entertaining, but hardly a great episode.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #207 of 838 Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

I must not be on the same page as everyone else here. I thought it was a mediocre sci-fi adaptation of a standard French Farce. There were a few clever moments, but overall, it followed the French Farce formula so faithfully I was anticipating each twist before it happened. I thought it was entertaining, but hardly a great episode.

Tastes vary. I really liked the farce aspect.. I find that shows that don't take themselves dead serious and occasionally poke a little fun at their premise are fun if done well. Person of Interest is noted for doing this well.
Fortunately this is not The Following thread where intelligently stated critical comments are deleted.
post #208 of 838 Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

The question is, why would he want to kill her? Did he think that if his handler found out about the "tainted" experiment results that they'd off him along with Sarah? If so, it might indicate that he knows more about them than he's letting on, as the only times we've seen the handler, he's been fairly restrained and never given any indication that he has to erase the "evidence" if the experiment goes awry.

He's a fascinating character. At first a good guy, he's slowly revealed to be "bad", at least from Sarah's perspective. Now, he's a villian that just might turn out to be a hero as he seems to be more on Sarah's side...He has also been shown to be very capable in handling violent situations, giving Sarah some much needed muscle to cope with her situation. The big question remains: how much can he be trusted?

post #209 of 838 Old 05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Poor Donnie LOL, nice misdirect though.. I guess the neighbor lady could be the monitor..

At the end Sarah said 9 clones, I count 7 so far

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #210 of 838 Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Poor Donnie LOL, nice misdirect though.. I guess the neighbor lady could be the monitor..

At the end Sarah said 9 clones, I count 7 so far

Yeah, I was wondering where the extras were too, unless SmartClone™ knew of a couple others and may have mentioned it to Sarah.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Orphan Black Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Orphan by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page