AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Man, I hate rain during NASCAR races. mad.gif
And yesterday it was hotter than h*ll in this area. Of course, if you've ever been to a race at that track the cooler weather(minus the rain) is rather welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 157 Old 06-23-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ever been keenan? I'd love to spend a weekend out there even if I'm not a fan of wine.

Wasn't paying attention and thought the race was at Watkins Glenn. redface.gif

Please don't confront me with my failures, I'm aware of them. - Greg Allman
post #93 of 157 Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Ever been keenan? I'd love to spend a weekend out there even if I'm not a fan of wine.

Wasn't paying attention and thought the race was at Watkins Glenn. redface.gif
Several times, but it was awhile ago when you could actually walk all the way around the track and get different views of the race while it was running. I haven't been back in many years but I'm told that it's not possible to do that anymore, if you get a ticket for a specific area you are stuck in that area the entire race. With a track like Sonoma with it's varying terrain and elevation it was nice to be able to see different angles and sections of the track. Another thing about that race, it always seemed like it was run on the hottest day of the year! It would look a whole lot better live and on TV if the race was run earlier in the year, like March/April, by June it looks(and often feels) like a desert out there.
BoilerJim likes this.
post #94 of 157 Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
A Yellow Flag on a road course for a few sprinkles of rain - really? None of the spectators even put on their jackets. They need a different set of Yellow Flag rules for road courses.

Kevin
post #95 of 157 Old 06-24-2013, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Yeah it's kinda odd because Nationwide cars can run rain tires on road courses, Sprint do not. Never understood that, but fortunately this time it was a short delay.

Very surprising win for Martin too, good job to that team.
post #96 of 157 Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Can someone give me the time and channel for the rescheduled for today Cup race? Right now on TBS I'm watching "Norbit", and as usual my FIOS guide isn't listing the race. I assume it will be televised today on TBS, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Nevermind. TNT Noon ET.

post #97 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Liked: 10
Today is a great day for NASCAR fans.

The National Association for Stock Car Automobile Racing Incorporated is expected to announce a new television contract today. Fox Broadcasting retains the right to the first half of the season. The National Broadcasting Company will now be covering the second half of the season plus the second half of the Nationwide series. The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network and Turner Network Television are out of NASCAR after next season. The new deals began in 2015.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-Blogs/On-The-Ground/2013/07/NASCAR-ESPN-Turner-Fox-NBC-rights.aspx/

Good riddance ESPN and TNT, and welcome back NBC. Though it will be different without BP.
post #98 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Awesome news, my local NBC station here in San Francisco, KNTV has the best audio and video quality in the market, hopefully that will translate into some great race broadcasts.
post #99 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 133
This is great news!

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #100 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Thanks for posting this news dmking! this just made my day better smile.gif

Xbox Live: gt1racerlHDl
post #101 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Why is this good news, other than keenan's reason? "...and welcome back NBC"? I don't recall NBC ever covering NASCAR, but there were a few years after Dale Sr died that I didn't watch the races. Like I said, the best years of NASCAR coverage were back in the 80's & 90's when ESPN covered it. And now I'm going to be hearing "boogity boogity" again, only this time more often?

Does NASCAR have any plans to put the fans back in the stands, or are ticket prices going to go even higher now with these new TV contracts? I'm not seeing how this is good news for the long time, old school NASCAR race fan.

post #102 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Here is the official announcement, courtesy of NASCAR:

NASCAR, NBC Sports Group reach landmark deal

July 23, 2013, Holly Cain, NASCAR.com

Ten-year agreement begins in 2015, covers Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Home Tracks and more

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday an expansive 10-year media partnership with NBC Sports Group that will begin in 2015. It will be highlighted by multiple network broadcasts, including the season-ending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship event, which will be on network television for the first time since 2009.

Per the agreement -- whose financial terms have not been disclosed – NBCUniversal has the exclusive rights to the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races and the final 19 Nationwide Series events through 2024.

The new deal also includes broadcast rights to the NASCAR Hall of Fame ceremony and season-ending banquets as well as rights to certain NASCAR K&N Series, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) events and Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and the Toyota (Mexico) Series races.
“With NBC, you’re joining a family at NBC Sports where you’ll be surrounded by incredible championship-type programming,’’ said Steve Herbst, NASCAR’s Vice President of Broadcasting and Production.

“Their football package on Sunday night is the number one show on television, and along with the Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown, of course the NHL and the Stanley Cup playoffs, the French Open, they are the home to championship programming and we’ll be promoted and marketed and shown alongside those top tier events is a great day for NASCAR.

“We’re going to have the opportunity as we get into the fall season and the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup to be on Sunday afternoons leading into NFL football, and that’s an exciting opportunity for us, given the obvious power of the NFL. We still have a ways to go to figure out what races and when, but it will be select races that go into Sunday Night Football.’’

NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Brian France was equally excited about both the potential this partnership will have long-term for NASCAR and what it says about the health of the sport.

“NBC is known for being an exceptional partner and delivering outstanding production quality and presentation of live sports, as well as its broad portfolio of broadcast and digital properties so we are thrilled with the commitment they have made to NASCAR and its future,” France said.

“We know this partnership will yield great value to our entire industry, provide a premium experience to our most important stakeholders, the fans, and help us achieve a number of strategic growth objectives. Our new partnership with NBC and the recent extension by FOX validate the strength of our fan base and the many bold steps we have taken the last several years to provide fans with better, more accessible racing.”

NBC does have a rich history with NASCAR. It broadcast the second half of the Cup and Nationwide seasons from 2001-2006 in conjunction with Turner Sports. And it aired the Daytona 500 in 2002, 2004 and 2006 as well as the season finales in 1999 and 2000.

“Having worked on and off with NASCAR since 1990, I’ve seen this company evolve through the years, and the current management team under Brian France has a unique expertise for where it needs to go at this point in time,’’ said NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazurus, who was president of Turner Sports when the network and NBC acquired earlier NASCAR broadcast rights in 1999.

“We’re excited about the prospect of building this sport together, as many of our employees have experience working on NASCAR, as well as a passion for the sport.

“NBC Sports has a great deal of experience in motorsports and NASCAR, specifically. We look forward to bringing our own skills to partner with all those involved with the circuit, from teams to tracks to drivers to owners. Finally, we look forward to interacting with NASCAR’s legendary, passionate fan base at tracks that have their own unique styles and reputations.”

The NBC partnership takes over for ESPN, which currently airs the final 17 Cup races -- beginning Sunday with the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis -- as well as the entire Nationwide Series schedule through 2014. Likewise, Turner Sports has the broadcast rights through next year for a six-race summer stretch.

Both France and Herbst were quick to praise the longstanding relationship with ESPN and Turner.

“We have enjoyed very strong partnerships with both Turner and ESPN over the years,’’ France said. “We are committed to being great partners to them throughout the 2014 season and continuing the many friendships that we have with both companies for years to come.

“They are both first-class organizations that have brought their very best to NASCAR over the years and we have every expectation we’ll all work together closely to ensure this and the 2014 season is a great success and a great experience for the fans.”

Added Herbst, “We’ve had a terrific run with ESPN and Turner; they could not be better partners that are going to be with us through 2014. We’ve been very fortunate to have them in the mix for many years and it’s a little bittersweet but the good news is, those guys will be around through next year.’’

After the NASCAR-NBC Sports Group announcement, ESPN and Turner issued the following statements.

“ESPN has enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with NASCAR,” ESPN President John Skipper said. “We have tremendous respect for the France family, the drivers and all in the sport and wish them well. We will continue to serve NASCAR fans through SportsCenter and our other news platforms as we continue to enhance our industry-leading collection of quality assets.”

“We are looking forward to the start of our Sprint Cup season and will continue with our deep commitment to the highest quality coverage.”

"Turner Sports is proud of the partnership we've built with NASCAR over the past 31 years and the role our company has played in helping to grow the sport,” Turner Broadcasting president of sales, distribution and sports David Levy said. “We think NASCAR is an attractive property but we are disciplined in our approach to negotiating sports rights and could not come up with a business model that was financially prudent for our company."

Under France’s guidance, NASCAR announced last fall an estimated $2.4 billion, eight-year extension with FOX Sports to continue airing the first half of the NASCAR Sprint Cup season.

“With that announcement (with FOX) and today, the puzzle is almost complete,’’ Herbst said. “We still have first-half Nationwide and some Cup races to place and we expect them to be placed very soon. Talks around that part of the package are going very well.’’

On a conference call Tuesday to announce the NASCAR-NBCUniversal deal, the possibility was raised of Nationwide races moving to FOX Sports Group. A NASCAR spokesperson said it is in an exclusive negotiating window with FOX, and while talks were going well, no deal for Nationwide races has been completed.

For its part, NBC considers NASCAR a prime platform in its ever-expanding and evolving opportunities with both its established traditional network and the newer NBC Sports Network.

“Acquiring the rights and bringing NASCAR back to NBC comes at an important point in time for NBC Sports Network, NBC, and all of our distributors and affiliates,” Lazarus said. “We look forward to working with Brian and his management team, who have brought a renewed focus to NASCAR's intersection of sports and technology.”

Herbst acknowledged the announcement and completion of the deal is well ahead of schedule considering another year still left on current contracts, but was complimentary of his dealings with NBC and specifically Lazurus, who does have a long history with the sport.

“When given the opportunity to speak to Mark Lazurus and his team about the opportunity to get with NBC things began to move quickly, and we were able to put the deal together. Mark is one of the true pros in this business, and we were just real happy it was able to come together.”

KEY SUMMARY: 2015-2024

• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Final 20 races (7 on NBC, 13 on NBC Sports Network)
• NASCAR Nationwide Series: Final 19 races (4 on NBC, 15 on NBC Sports Network)
• NASCAR K&N Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events
• NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series events
• ‘TV Everywhere’ live-streaming rights for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series
• Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series
post #103 of 157 Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Liked: 13
and they better not plan to ever move NFL to NBCSN they better not let a late running race mess up an NFL game or even try some reverse mirror BS. Remember cable games must be on OTA tv in the teams local areas and they must get the full feed of the NFL game.

And I don't think the NFL will take the game being shifted to some ALT channel that you have to hunt for / may be SD only on some systems or end being not trued on in time on some systems.
post #104 of 157 Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

If a race runs late they'll move it to either NBCSN or CNBC, there's no way they're going to pre-empt Sunday Night Football. But if they start fall races at 1pm ET there's little chance a race would run long enough to interfere, more likely it will be cut short or rescheduled for a Monday finish.

This deal is a good thing just because it gets rid of TNT, I think subbing NBC for ESPN is a wash otherwise. They've done a good job with IndyCar and F1 on NBCSN so far.
post #105 of 157 Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

..."ESPN has enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with NASCAR,” ESPN President John Skipper said. “We have tremendous respect for the France family, the drivers and all in the sport and wish them well. We will continue to serve NASCAR fans through SportsCenter and our other news platforms as we continue to enhance our industry-leading collection of quality assets.”

“We are looking forward to the start of our Sprint Cup season and will continue with our deep commitment to the highest quality coverage.”

Translation: "After next season, Nascar is dead to us. If we don't carry it, it does not exist."
post #106 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto17 View Post

Quote:

..."ESPN has enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with NASCAR,” ESPN President John Skipper said. “We have tremendous respect for the France family, the drivers and all in the sport and wish them well. We will continue to serve NASCAR fans through SportsCenter and our other news platforms as we continue to enhance our industry-leading collection of quality assets.”

Translation: "After next season, Nascar is dead to us. If we don't carry it, it does not exist."

Not unlike their coverage of the NHL.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #107 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM

One way to look at this deal...NBC got revenge on ESPN for stealing Breakfast at Wimbledon and the NBA on NBC. Hopefully NBC steals the Indy 500 as well.
post #108 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Who was announcing the races on NBC in 2001 - 2006 along with the late Benny Parsons?

post #109 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Allen Bestwick.

If a movie or concert video or a TV show isn't on blu ray it darn well should be.

post #110 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post

and they better not plan to ever move NFL to NBCSN they better not let a late running race mess up an NFL game or even try some reverse mirror BS. Remember cable games must be on OTA tv in the teams local areas and they must get the full feed of the NFL game.

And I don't think the NFL will take the game being shifted to some ALT channel that you have to hunt for / may be SD only on some systems or end being not trued on in time on some systems.

Doubt that will happen. In the brief history of SNF on NBC, they only shifted the game over to a cable network ONCE and that was for the President of the United States (who ran so late that his speech from Newtown started right after kickoff). Even in that situation, the game shifted to CNBC and NBCSN for a few minutes, then came back to the main NBC network.

Supposedly NBC left NASCAR because the races got too close to the SNF slot. Given that most of the races will be on NBCSN and whatever NBC races there are will likely be on either early afternoon or Saturday night prime time, doubt that will be a problem this time. Plus, Comcast is trying to build NBCSN to be a top tier sports network to compete with the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.
post #111 of 157 Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmking12370 View Post

Doubt that will happen. In the brief history of SNF on NBC, they only shifted the game over to a cable network ONCE and that was for the President of the United States (who ran so late that his speech from Newtown started right after kickoff). Even in that situation, the game shifted to CNBC and NBCSN for a few minutes, then came back to the main NBC network.

Supposedly NBC left NASCAR because the races got too close to the SNF slot. Given that most of the races will be on NBCSN and whatever NBC races there are will likely be on either early afternoon or Saturday night prime time, doubt that will be a problem this time. Plus, Comcast is trying to build NBCSN to be a top tier sports network to compete with the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

The NFL is the big dog in town so I very much imagine that start times for some races will be pushed up with, and I can see it happening NBC just switching from a race to the NFL game. I remember back in the late 60's or early 70's they cut away from a Raiders game to the start the showing of some old MOVIE called Heidi made in 1937 with Shirley Temple, you would have thought California fell into the Pacific there was such an uproar. Now down the road a few years we may have to have what is on DirecTV, called season pass to get the games with the commercials to.
post #112 of 157 Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Bill Weber called the last few seasons of Nascar on NBC.
post #113 of 157 Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Great scheduling on NASCAR's part - follow up a boring 2.5 mile flat track race with an equally boring 2.5 mile flat track race. And they wonder why fans get disinterested. Saw an article yesterday that said Indy had maybe 80k fans in the stands, down from 200k+ when NASCAR first started racing there. eek.gif

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-30/sports/os-george-diaz-nascar-marketing-0731-20130730_1_nascar-dirt-track-racing-steve-o-donnell
post #114 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Why do you say Pocono is flat? Three turns with different banking and characteristics doesn't strike me as flat and boring. Maybe I'm biased though because I used to go to the Pocono races back in the 90's, and watching them from the infield was anything but boring! Trust me!

IMO the reason fans aren't going to the NASCAR races anymore is because NASCAR thinks they can charge the same prices as are charged for football games for instance. And transfer that mindset to the track owners if it's them who are setting the prices. That kind of pricing is not appealing to the died-in-the-wool race fan. At my home track, Texas Motor Speedway, the good seats are sold by the track to ticket brokers who also inflate the prices. Shame on NASCAR for allowing this anti-race fan gouging.

post #115 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Great scheduling on NASCAR's part - follow up a boring 2.5 mile flat track race with an equally boring 2.5 mile flat track race. And they wonder why fans get disinterested. Saw an article yesterday that said Indy had maybe 80k fans in the stands, down from 200k+ when NASCAR first started racing there. eek.gif

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-30/sports/os-george-diaz-nascar-marketing-0731-20130730_1_nascar-dirt-track-racing-steve-o-donnell
I was at the first Brickyard 400 in 1994, but haven't been back since. The Indy 500 is usually pretty exciting and I've been to at least 30 of those races. However, as much as I like NASCAR, I'm not going to spend my hard-earned bucks to watch a game of follow-the-leader. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a great track, probably one of the finest (if not THE finest) race facilities in the world. However, it wasn't designed for taxicabs. That said, I'd sure hate for Indy to lose the Brickyard 400 like they lost Formula 1.
post #116 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

Why do you say Pocono is flat? Three turns with different banking and characteristics doesn't strike me as flat and boring. Maybe I'm biased though because I used to go to the Pocono races back in the 90's, and watching them from the infield was anything but boring! Trust me!

The Pocono banking is minimal with exception of one turn, and even that one is not much at 14 degrees especially when compared to most of the other ovals. When you consider how long both of these tracks are, the vast majority of the time they're on a relatively flat surface.

I will have to admit that Pocono is usually a better race than Indy (more so now that they don't run the 500 at Pocono which was way too long), but it's not by much. Both of them usually end up with follow the leader racing.
post #117 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

But they shift gears!!! wink.gif

post #118 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM

The final piece of the NASCAR TV picture was just announced.

NASCAR, FOX extend, expand rights agreement

August 01, 2013, Staff report, NASCAR.com

FOX Sports adds two years to agreement announced in October

NASCAR and FOX Sports announced Thursday that they have extended their multi-platform rights agreement struck last October for two additional seasons beyond 2022. The announcement comes 10 days after NASCAR’s 10-year deal with NBC Universal, and the two agreements secure NASCAR television rights through 2024.

The FOX extension begins in 2015 and adds exclusive rights to three additional NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points races and 14 NASCAR Nationwide Series events. Financial terms were not disclosed. According to the Sports Business Daily, FOX and NBC combined will pay $8.2 billion for NASCAR TV rights from 2015 through 2024.

“FOX Sports has been an outstanding partner for NASCAR and we could not be more pleased with the additional commitment they are making to our sport and the fans,” said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. “FOX Sports has delivered for our fans a number of innovations that have changed how our sport is presented, and our entire industry has now come to expect excellence from NASCAR on FOX. We believe this new agreement underscores our shared commitment to the fans over the next decade.”

Last fall, NASCAR and FOX announced that FOX Sports Media Group retained the television rights to 13 consecutive Sprint Cup Series races each year, beginning with the Daytona 500. In addition, FSMG secured the rights to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, the Sprint Unlimited, the Duel at Daytona, the entire NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season and practice and qualifying for the Sprint Cup and Truck Series races that FSMG broadcasts.

“FOX Sports is now the exclusive home of NASCAR, the most popular racing series in America, for the first five months of every season through 2024,” said FOX Sports Co-Presidents and COOs Randy Freer and Eric Shanks. “The Nationwide Series is second only to NASCAR Sprint Cup as the most-watched auto racing in the country. FOX Sports now owns the sport every weekend from Speedweeks and the Daytona 500 through June, and we expect these events to provide significant viewership for FOX Sports 1. The addition of Nationwide to the 1,100 hours of original motorsports programming already scheduled clearly puts FOX Sports at the front of the race to serve motorsports fans in the U.S.”

FOX Sports began broadcasting live NASCAR races in 2001 and will launch its new all-sports network, FOX Sports 1, on August 17 with a live broadcast of the Camping World Truck Series race from Michigan International Speedway as the network’s first-ever live event.

“It’s very gratifying to have a network like FOX and a parent company like News Corp make such a big investment in the sport of NASCAR as they grow their properties, (including) FOX Sports 1 and all of their other multi-media platforms,” said NASCAR VP of Broadcasting and Productions, Steve Herbst.

NASCAR will be an anchor property for FOX Sports 1 and has been a large part of the promotional efforts to launch the new network. This new agreement marks the return of the Nationwide Series to FOX Sports, a series it broadcast as part of its original package beginning in 2001.

Herbst noted that cross-promotion between the FOX properties was important to NASCAR. “You’ve got Nationwide Series races on FOX Sports 1,” Herbst said. “You’ve got Sprint Cup Series races on FOX and how they promote back and forth is going to be really beneficial to us.”

Last week, NASCAR announced a 10-year agreement with NBCUniversal, beginning in 2015, for exclusive rights to the final 20 Sprint Cup Series races -- including the season finale returning to network television for the first time since 2009 -- and the final 19 Nationwide Series events through 2024.

The NBC deal also includes broadcast rights to the NASCAR Hall of Fame ceremony and season-ending banquets as well as rights to certain NASCAR K&N Series, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) events and Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and the Toyota (Mexico) Series races.

Beginning in 2015, NASCAR’s top two series will be on the networks of FOX in the first half of the season and NBC in the second half. Herbst likes the balance between the two companies and says fans will appreciate knowing where the races will be each week.

"You know week to week exactly where and when your race is going to be...," Herbst said. "It creates a good flow and good balance throughout the season… on network and cable.”

NASCAR will have the same number of Sprint Cup races on network television – 16 -- as it does in the current television package, with nine on FOX and seven on NBC.

As Herbst looked ahead to NASCAR’s media landscape through 2024, he took the opportunity to salute the sport’s current partners. He also noted how the FOX and NBC deals reaffirm the value of NASCAR programming.

“We currently have terrific partners and global media giants that we deal with at NASCAR,” Herbst said. “We’ve got Time Warner, Disney and News Corp. Of course we’ll be moving on (in 2015) from Time Warner and Disney, but here comes News Corp with an expanded presence and a bigger investment along with Comcast.

“It just goes to show the impact of NASCAR in a global way and the impact of the NASCAR brand and what that means in the marketplace. We drive great value to the industry as well as the wider marketplace as Madison Avenue and others look at NASCAR as the big-time property that it is.”

KEY SUMMARY: 2015-2024

• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: First 16 points races (9 on FOX Sports, 7 on FOX Sports 1)
• NASCAR Nationwide Series: First 14 points races (14 races on FOX Sports 1)
• NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: All races
• NASCAR Sprint Unlimited, Budweiser Duels and NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race
• ‘TV Everywhere’ live-streaming rights for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

For those who hate the boogity brothers, too bad cause they are here to stay till 2024.
post #119 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I like the boogity brothers, just don't care for the "boogity, boogity" any more. It was cute at first but got old really quickly.
post #120 of 157 Old 08-01-2013, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Who would you have as a dream team on NBC?

Xbox Live: gt1racerlHDl
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page