Ray Donovan on SHO - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 155Likes

post #631 of 718 Old 08-16-2015, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 180
wow!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 718 Old 08-16-2015, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Tonight I figured out what makes a TV show awesome, its DENNYS. Breaking Bad Denny's, RD, Denny's. I knew Rays NFL deal would go south, but for crying out loud, already? Bunchy and that chick, I cant stand her character, she needs to go.
Nayan likes this.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #633 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Paige is damaged goods. You feel sorry for her but I don't think we've seen her at her worst yet plus she is very attractive. Abby said what are you doing with these people to Ray and yes she's right. Andrew is a monster and Ray's dysfunctional family has met his match. Bunch confessing the murder is going to be the Donavan undoing before the series is over. An attention getting and fast show's tells you how good this is.
Nayan and bmcn like this.

These are just my opinions.
post #634 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
Paige is damaged goods. You feel sorry for her but I don't think we've seen her at her worst yet plus she is very attractive. Abby said what are you doing with these people to Ray and yes she's right. Andrew is a monster and Ray's dysfunctional family has met his match. Bunch confessing the murder is going to be the Donavan undoing before the series is over. An attention getting and fast show's tells you how good this is.
Exactly! I was waiting for his new friend to say "Games up, I'm an undercover cop."
Bunch is just so depressed and lonesome that he felt the need to open up to a new friend. They have a connection now.

I wish the woman in my life came back to me like that. That stuff only happens in movies
post #635 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Ray's 'change for the better' didn't last very long; he can always work for Avi. Last two eps were terrific.
post #636 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
It was great to see some of that Ian McShane / Al Swearengen finally come out .. I never realized he was so short ..
Nayan likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #637 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
It was great to see some of that Ian McShane / Al Swearengen finally come out .. I never realized he was so short ..
My wife raves about his role in Deadwood, which I don't watch. His performance in Ray strongly resembles Pacino's in Devil's Advocate.

Last edited by bmcn; 08-17-2015 at 08:02 AM.
post #638 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 8
So far I thought season 3 sucked.

This past episode it got back on track.

Im still trying to figure out when does Ray shave? and how come none of the characters are fat all they do is drink....

never hungover...lol
post #639 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrovermiami View Post
So far I thought season 3 sucked.

This past episode it got back on track.

Im still trying to figure out when does Ray shave? and how come none of the characters are fat all they do is drink....

never hungover...lol
Yes! I've mentioned this before. Even better, most people on TV drink straight whiskey.
post #640 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrovermiami View Post

never hungover...lol

I always figured Ray was going for the 5 o'clock shadow look and thus uses an electric shaver that leaves the stubble .. is that not the hip look these days .. ?? I am a regular bourbon drinker and have been for 50 years now, never caused me to become over weight ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #641 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
I wonder what was that line from papa Kelly really meant, that the bar is named after him and not "a Donovan". Calling his daughter as one. I wonder if his disdain dates way back to the old country like some clan dispute spawning generations , or he just hates Mickey's family.
...or just one generation in old Southie Boston.
post #642 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Ian McShane is 5' 9". Next to Ray at 6' 3" with 1" boot heels makes him look smaller than he really is.
post #643 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 50
We (the viewer) haven't been shown the true identity and/or intent of the "Father Romero" character, right? First, he seems like a creepy stalker guy; now he's Bunchy's murder confidant? This can't be a good thing.
post #644 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
We (the viewer) haven't been shown the true identity and/or intent of the "Father Romero" character, right? First, he seems like a creepy stalker guy; now he's Bunchy's murder confidant? This can't be a good thing.
"I'm glad you told me that." Perhaps he works for the Vatican?, nah.

Last edited by bmcn; 08-17-2015 at 11:01 AM.
post #645 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Nobody's talking about Terry?

He almost shot his dad! Having the prison gang after him isn't good.
post #646 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post
Yes! I've mentioned this before. Even better, most people on TV drink straight whiskey.
I think straight up because the ice doesnt photograph
post #647 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
"I'm glad you told me that." Perhaps he works for the Vatican?, nah.
He initially introduced himself as a Servant of the Paraclete.
Its hard to say what spin a TV show might put on that organization, but if he is then he could have been working with the late priest as a councilor or the like. Or they sent him out to see what happened to the priest. In any case the Servants have no connection to law enforcement.

Adding that I'm pretty sure I would never want to have McShane yelling at ME like that. That man can yell.....
post #648 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Nobody's talking about Terry?

He almost shot his dad! Having the prison gang after him isn't good.
He's losing it, but with who may be after him I don't blame him for being paranoid. But it sure was a "Holy!!!" moment.

I don't like the wrestling chick either. She seems like a b!tch and Bunch proposing to her just made him seem pathetic. I don't know where that storyline is headed but for right now it's not my favorite.

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
post #649 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
He initially introduced himself as a Servant of the Paraclete.
Its hard to say what spin a TV show might put on that organization, but if he is then he could have been working with the late priest as a councilor or the like. Or they sent him out to see what happened to the priest. In any case the Servants have no connection to law enforcement.
Great point; it's too late for them to recover the settlement money. He could be an ecumenical equivalent to RD. Do you live near Jemez Springs?

Last edited by bmcn; 08-17-2015 at 11:44 AM.
post #650 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
He's losing it, but with who may be after him I don't blame him for being paranoid. But it sure was a "Holy!!!" moment.

I don't like the wrestling chick either. She seems like a b!tch and Bunch proposing to her just made him seem pathetic. I don't know where that storyline is headed but for right now it's not my favorite.
LOL we did get to see her boobs hahaha
Young C likes this.
post #651 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That was too soon. Like she said, they've known each other for weeks (or months.) Bunch is just infatuated with her and said the biggest thing to try and keep her around.

I liked his previous crush last year. The one with the kid.
Nayan likes this.
post #652 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
That was too soon. Like she said, they've known each other for weeks (or months.) Bunch is just infatuated with her and said the biggest thing to try and keep her around.

+1
post #653 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not my cup of tea, but she does have a unique approach to foreplay.
Young C and Nayan like this.
post #654 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Bunchy, AKA Brendan .. obviously does not get out much .. the Lucha Libre girl I can't quite figure out yet .. first, it's a scam to promote a "series" using Bunchies money, then, she blatantly goes after Bunch in a Dominatrix style scene, then, the Wrestlers split, Bunch hunts her down and proposes .. it seems that maybe she's serious and the scam is out the window ..

Terry is just a flat out mess at this point .. it seems to me the only way out is to get out of town, if in fact, the Aryan Brotherhood is really after him, which I'm still uncertain of ..

And, I have to ask .. why can't the deal on the Team still work .. ?? I don't get why, once the wrong Governor was elected, the whole thing went down the tubes .. ?? Don't they still own the Franchise .. ??
Young C and Nayan like this.

Uncle Willie

post #655 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1261
@MGK they needed the governor and his group to get everything "passed". They were basically greasing the wheel with his group and had all of their eggs in one basket.

Sent from nowhere
post #656 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
@MGK they needed the governor and his group to get everything "passed". They were basically greasing the wheel with his group and had all of their eggs in one basket.

Sent from nowhere
Yeah, I understand that, but they still own the Team, right .. ?? And who's to say they can't get done what needs to be done with the new Gov .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #657 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Don't they still own the Franchise .. ??
No new stadium and you can guess their next move. Ray appears sol at the moment and now has a new enemy who makes Ezra look angelic.
Nayan likes this.
post #658 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
No new stadium and you can guess their next move. Ray appears sol at the moment and now has a new enemy who makes Ezra look angelic.
Right now, my local Team, The St Louis Rams, are in flux due to the NFL basically holding the team hostage over a Stadium Upgrade demand .. the local Politicos and Honchos are blatantly willing to just about sell their own soul to get the Team to stay in St Louis and do a new Stadium build (the Dome is about 20 years old but very well maintained) ..

That's why I figured any area in the USA that would have a chance at a Franchise would do whatever it took to keep it there .. no matter who the Governor was ..
adpayne likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #659 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Bunchy, AKA Brendan .. obviously does not get out much .. the Lucha Libre girl I can't quite figure out yet .. first, it's a scam to promote a "series" using Bunchies money, then, she blatantly goes after Bunch in a Dominatrix style scene, then, the Wrestlers split, Bunch hunts her down and proposes .. it seems that maybe she's serious and the scam is out the window ..

Terry is just a flat out mess at this point .. it seems to me the only way out is to get out of town, if in fact, the Aryan Brotherhood is really after him, which I'm still uncertain of ..

And, I have to ask .. why can't the deal on the Team still work .. ?? I don't get why, once the wrong Governor was elected, the whole thing went down the tubes .. ?? Don't they still own the Franchise .. ??
Great post!

You think Terry is imagining those small weights? Or it's somebody playing a joke on him. Looks certain enough that they're after him.
Nayan likes this.
post #660 of 718 Old 08-17-2015, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Right now, my local Team, The St Louis Rams, are in flux due to the NFL basically holding the team hostage over a Stadium Upgrade demand .. the local Politicos and Honchos are blatantly willing to just about sell their own soul to get the Team to stay in St Louis and do a new Stadium build (the Dome is about 20 years old but very well maintained) ..

That's why I figured any area in the USA that would have a chance at a Franchise would do whatever it took to keep it there .. no matter who the Governor was ..
Turner Field kaput at 20 as well. Extortion at its highest level.

True story about stadium politics and local honchos. Approximately 18 years ago in a 30th floor office near one where an ex-NY Giant almost pushed his 'financial advisor', another former high-round pick NFL'er, out a stationary window, a locally connected 'gentleman' pointed to a wooded parcel near a major intersection toward the direction of Kennesaw Mountain and claimed it will become the site of the new Braves stadium. When I countered they just moved into the Ted, he quickly replied wait and see. New Braves stadium to be built in the exact location he identified.

Not to betray my age or naivety, female govs could be more inclined to claim fiscal responsibility in that situation.
Nayan likes this.

Last edited by bmcn; 08-17-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page