Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #91 of 438 Old 08-02-2013, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Lena was great in The L Word. I want more of Ashley though, preferably in black panties biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 438 Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Crap! Time Warner and CBS feud has caused me to loose my Showtime channel, and thus Ray Donovan. Sooo pissed.

post #93 of 438 Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Crap! Time Warner and CBS feud has caused me to loose my Showtime channel, and thus Ray Donovan. Sooo pissed.

I feel your pain - hopefully the titans of industry will settle their petty squabbles quickly - and you'll regain your rightful access to Ray Donovan.

post #94 of 438 Old 08-04-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Feel bad for the people who can't watch Ray Donovan/Dexter tonight. What a bummer! frown.gif
post #95 of 438 Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Wasn't in what scene? The scene where he walked out on her after she handcuffed herself? The scene where he called Lena to go get her?

I was going to respond but others have already done so with exactly what I would have said.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #96 of 438 Old 08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I was going to respond but others have already done so with exactly what I would have said.

So you replied, but didn't respond. Okay, I get it now.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #97 of 438 Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Exquisite, especially the ending scene with James Woods. How Ray and Ezera mentioned "Who hates him more?" and they go to James Woods.

Feel bad for Bunchy, I knew he was going to hallucinate the priest was giving him oral sex. Thankfully he did not hurt the woman.

What an LSD trip that the FBI agent had. Liquid LSD eek.gif
@Ron Temple: Remember those days? LOL

Was confused about the NBA player and the semen storyline. Women were stealing it for profits to impregnate other women? Ray mentioned "how many children do you have?" so I don't think it was about blackmail.

Good episode, can't wait for next week. "Is it Sunday yet?"
post #98 of 438 Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Exquisite, especially the ending scene with James Woods. How Ray and Ezera mentioned "Who hates him more?" and they go to James Woods.

Feel bad for Bunchy, I knew he was going to hallucinate the priest was giving him oral sex. Thankfully he did not hurt the woman.

Was confused about the NBA player and the semen storyline. Women were stealing it for profits to impregnate other women? Ray mentioned "how many children do you have?" so I don't think it was about blackmail.

Good episode, can't wait for next week. "Is it Sunday yet?"
use the semen to in impregnate a woman & then the woman files a paternity suit ,then wins due to his DNA match .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #99 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

use the semen to in impregnate a woman & then the woman files a paternity suit ,then wins due to his DNA match .

That makes sense. Thanks for the insight.
post #100 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

This show keeps getting better. When it started, I saw it as Ray, and his two loser brothers. Now they've separated the two brothers so we see three very distinct individuals. The way they're distinguishing them seems to be to make Terry better, and Bunchy worse. It cracked me up to see Mickey concerned about Bunchy's behavior - throwing the kid around - if Mickey thinks you're out of line, well eek.gif

I had thought Ezra was a Hollywood mogul that dabbled on the dark side, but now it looks like he's the Godfather. The show should take a turn for somewhere if Ezra's true nature is now going to be revealed.

Maybe we'll learn something next week if Ray and Jimmy have a sit-down.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #101 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This show keeps getting better. When it started, I saw it as Ray, and his two loser brothers. Now they've separated the two brothers so we see three very distinct individuals. The way they're distinguishing them seems to be to make Terry better, and Bunchy worse. It cracked me up to see Mickey concerned about Bunchy's behavior - throwing the kid around - if Mickey thinks you're out of line, well eek.gif

I had thought Ezra was a Hollywood mogul that dabbled on the dark side, but now it looks like he's the Godfather. The show should take a turn for somewhere if Ezra's true nature is now going to be revealed.

Maybe we'll learn something next week if Ray and Jimmy have a sit-down.
I look to Ezra becoming clear headed now that he is getting treatment , he was clear , on point , in the moment when he woke up . There was marked difference between Ezra before & after the treatment . When he awoke Ezra could tell that Ray was troubled & asked about what the problem was . Thou he had said in earlier episodes that they should just kill Mickey ,when Ray said that was his father he came up with a idea/solution for the 1st time that we had seen yet . Before Ray was the guy with solutions .
I really like James Woods & I look forward to what kind character his role turns out to be .
The show has " loose cannons " all over the place eek.gif

So the FBI guy is a real FBI & a loner to boot .Hard to get leverage on a guy like that . They made a mistake & under dosed that guy, a mega LSD dose would have fried his brain & he never would have come back to reality instead trying to leverage him .
L O L

Mike

post #102 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Where are their accents from? New York area?
post #103 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They made a mistake & under dosed that guy, a mega LSD dose would have fried his brain & he never would have come back to reality instead trying to leverage him .
L O L

Yeah, that happened to me back in '74. I still can't get this orange off my head. Everyone pretending like it's not really there doesn't help either. I keep asking, can someone help me get this orange off my head? And they go, "what orange?" And I'm all, like, what is wrong with these people? Oh, in case it ever comes up, don't ever ask a cop to get the orange off your head. Really, just don't.

post #104 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Where are their accents from? New York area?
everybody is from Boston , meaning all of Ray's family & crew,Ezra everyone has been transplanted to LA , for reasons yet to be revealed
They are all IIRC "Southie's" a heavily Irish area of South Boston
So it's a mix of Irish & Massachusetts blend of accents

Mike

post #105 of 438 Old 08-05-2013, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, that happened to me back in '74. I still can't get this orange off my head. Everyone pretending like it's not really there doesn't help either. I keep asking, can someone help me get this orange off my head? And they go, "what orange?" And I'm all, like, what is wrong with these people? Oh, in case it ever comes up, don't ever ask a cop to get the orange off your head. Really, just don't.
been there,done that , & I got the tie dyed Tee-shirt . . . . L O L . . But it's not a fun experience , it's a very terrifying thing , it's worse IF you don't know that you have been dosed .

Mike

post #106 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

everybody is from Boston , meaning all of Ray's family & crew,Ezra everyone has been transplanted to LA , for reasons yet to be revealed
They are all IIRC "Southie's" a heavily Irish area of South Boston
So it's a mix of Irish & Massachusetts blend of accents

Oh, that sounds right. Thanks for the info!
post #107 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So you replied, but didn't respond. Okay, I get it now.

Obviously, you don't, but never mind.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #108 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Just caught up with the last ep and loved it.  Voight really needs an Emmy nod for this performance.  It will be interesting to see how some of the side stories (like Terry's 'love' story) play out.  Usually, side stories are a distraction on many shows (True Blood, etc), but not here.  Nicely interwoven into the main arc and interesting on their own.  Well written, well acted show.

Ray
post #109 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Loved the last scene with James Woods & was that Valerie Perrine as his bed mate? I guess they qualify as the group that hates Mickey even more than Ray & Ezra and letting this plot line dangle for the rest of the week is kind of tantalizing. How long will Ray let his family life disintegrate as he gets caught up in Mickey's web of manipulation, deceit and betrayal? It's also interesting that the Whitey Bulger trial is playing out at the same time, especially since they share the same Boston roots & FBI informant connections.

post #110 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I wonder if Ezera really is the founder of the group, like the boss Godfather. He definitely seems the oldest with the most power. He doesn't get his hands dirty per se. He sits justs back at home and has all the wealth.
post #111 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

been there,done that , & I got the tie dyed Tee-shirt . . . . L O L . . But it's not a fun experience , it's a very terrifying thing , it's worse IF you don't know that you have been dosed .

Especially at his age - it's worse as you get older. More stuff in your head means more stuff to get messed with. I don't know how the OCD would interact ... maybe it would help tongue.gif

post #112 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

Obviously, you don't, but never mind.

That's two dismissive, condescending posts in a row, so you're just repeating yourself. I guess that's better than pretending to be superior while simultaneously using other people's words to substitute for your own.

What you fail to understand it seems, is that there's a difference between discussing whether the earth is flat, and, say the meaning of Mona Lisa's smile. One is fixed, one is variable. One can be proven, one doesn't have to be and would laugh at such triviality.

post #113 of 438 Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 58
The monkey scene in the bathroom will go down as one of the weirdest ever....anywhere, and yes, Ezra is the kingpin of this entire organization, whatever it is.
post #114 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Watching that episode made me glad that I never tried acid. I love the show, BTW. Really good character development which is a critical factor in the success of any show IMO.
post #115 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's two dismissive, condescending posts in a row, so you're just repeating yourself. I guess that's better than pretending to be superior while simultaneously using other people's words to substitute for your own.

What you fail to understand it seems, is that there's a difference between discussing whether the earth is flat, and, say the meaning of Mona Lisa's smile. One is fixed, one is variable. One can be proven, one doesn't have to be and would laugh at such triviality.

My comments were not intended as "dismissive, condescending".  But, that your apparent sensitivity to disagreement took that view is why I ended with 'never mind' - not worth an argument.  Now, terms like "pretending to be superior", "fail to understand", etc. are obviously meant to be personal - so again, not worth arguing with you.  Especially with that oddly phrased and tortured simile/analogy (though it gave me a chuckle).  Done with you.

Ray
post #116 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post

Watching that episode made me glad that I never tried acid. I love the show, BTW. Really good character development which is a critical factor in the success of any show IMO.

Hey, it's not "that" bad. Of course television overly dramatized it tongue.gif

Although, it can be dangerous if taken in the wrong amount. Take too much and you'll lose your mind.
post #117 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liev Schreiber is once again narrating Hard Knocks on HBO...
post #118 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Liev Schreiber is once again narrating Hard Knocks on HBO...
That is great news. I have it on the DVR and will watch it when I get home. Hard Knocks would not be the same without Schreiber's narration.
post #119 of 438 Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

"
No, windowpane, blotter, hand made pills...never liquid. Also, I think the injection was vitamin B or something to make it metabolize faster. That trip was funny, but the monkey and the toys are pure fantasy. The tabltop being liquid was a definite stab from the past.
Fastslappy likes this.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #120 of 438 Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

No, windowpane, blotter, hand made pills...never liquid. Also, I think the injection was vitamin B or something to make it metabolize faster. That trip was funny, but the monkey and the toys are pure fantasy. The tabltop being liquid was a definite stab from the past.
Yes, I can confirm that from my experiences as well, the monkey and the toys while fun and provides visuals for TV is simply that, TV fantasy and has no real basis in reality.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page