So You Think You Can Dance, Season 10 on FoxHD - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
That was so obvious who was going the whole show. The entire judging panel was lavishing praise on the two that made it and poor Hayley got just a few compliments and the guest judge even said he felt horrible about people leaving when it was her turn to dance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry for the LONG post. The first half of this post was originally intended to be made shortly AFTER last week's episode, but I never got around to making it. I was sleepy last night after supper, so I went to bed early... I was just starting to watch the show I DVRd while I was in bed, and just finished watching the group routine (can't figure out why they didin't run that at the very beginning of the show, like usual), and decided to go ahead and type the post that's been mostly "stuck in my head" since last week before I go any further. Since it's been a week, I've probably forgotten the less impressive routines, though, so it'll be mainly the highlights.

First -- and I'll get back to this at the end -- with the exception of one little (bug VERY BIG) thing, on the 8/20 show I was an even bigger fan of Nigel's comments than Mary. He was very much ON TARGET with so many things he said about so many of both the dancers and the "All-Stars."

Second, I can't help it, lol, I'm STILL a bit infatuated with Chelsie Hightower (although NOT enough to watch DWTS again!). Her face looks oddly "filled out," though, almost like she's gotten fat, except she hasn't. But she's still gorgeous, and I thought her routine, for the style, was great, although I can't even remember which partner it was, nor could I follow his dancing with her opposite him, lol.

Third, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the FIRST time they've ever had all the "All-Stars" do their own choreography. I really liked that, as I think it gives them all a chance to grow, and to be seen as growing in the public eye, to possibly broaden their public careers.

Fourth, Man that MARK! If I hadn't KNOWN he choreographed his dance with Jenna I'd have SWORN it was choreographed by Sonya Tayeh or Tyce Diorio (he's done a few in a style similar to hers). This was one of the places where I was a fanboy of "NigelSpeak," when he said Mark should also be Lady Gaga's chief choreographer!

Fifth, Kathryn was still looking very good as both a dancer and now as a choreographer.

Sixth, I'd say Comfort continues to surprise me (since I wasn't very impressed with her originally), except that as a street dancer to begin with, she did her own choreography, originally, so this is probably right up her alley, so to speak.

Seventh, was it unfair that one dancer, Amy, got not only an "All-Star" dancer, but also one who's been a professional choreographer for several years, now -- both on this show and DWTS (and elsewhere)? It certainly was an impressive performance!

Finally, Nigel's comments about the "Twitter wars," and folks blasting him for not cutting Jenna sooner because she'd been "voted out" several weeks in a row -- which as he said and we all know is backward from how it all works... well, that lead to her and Tucker's dismissal. Both Jenna AND Tucker's dances last week were more impressive than Hayley and Fik-Shun's (as, I believe, were their solos), BUT neither Hayley nor Fik-Shun had been "in danger" before, so Nigel felt for "the realities of the show " and likely for PEACE on his Twitter account, that he had to let Tucker and Jenna go. It wouldn't have been as bad had he not said as much prior to their dismissal, which is where I refer to my first comment and AM NOT a fan of that. That WAS NOT "a peak behind the curtain" I think most fans wanted, nor needed to see... Of course he probably figured it didn't really matter in the long run, as neither were likely to win the show, so it didn't matter in what order they left, and in that he's probably right. Still, at any rate, that irked me. My response, when it came time to vote, I went to the website and cast all 20 of my possible votes there (my cordless phone has a weak battery these days, so voting that way isn't really an option now) for AMY (who I felt/feel was the weakest of the six) as a PROTEST VOTE!

8/27 SHOW...

On that group dance, where the ladies had the sections where they had to move their shoulders up and back, was it just me, or did Amy look like she was trying to do "The Funky Chicken???" eek.gif

Nice routine for Paul, but what I REALLY noticed was Katherine's leg muscles -- especially her upper legs when she was coming down the ladder. Man, she has the leg muscles of a weight lifter!

I really don't mean to pick on Amy. I actually think she's a very talented dancer. I just think she's gotten a bit out of her depth at this point. Her solo this week was an impressive number, for the most part, but at one point where she's on pointe, she "bobbled" and almost lost her footing, which she covered up by moving into the next position -- something I think she was about ready to do, anyway, but it was still an obvious "bobble" to me. I think this solo was obviously more difficult than in the past because she's pushing hard to win (while not even knowing if she's already eliminated). So, again, I think she's just a bit out of her depth. She was great with Travis last week, but I think a great deal of that credit goes to Travis and his choreography.

Witney and Fik-Shun... WOW! Mostly Witney, of course... kinda hard to notice what Fik-Shun was doing. As with last year, she reminds me quite a bit of Chelsie Hightower... same age in original competition year, same home state, same main style. Utah seems to have some sort of MILL that spits out gorgeous blondes who excel in latin ballroom, lol. At any rate, I thought, still think, she should have made the Final Four last year. But Eliana was also likely the right one to win on the women's side -- definitely out of the Final Four.

Gotta give Amy props for the Bollywood number. Maybe the style just suits her, but she looked really good. The whirling part where she was spinning on her knees with her dress twirling around her looked particularly good, and even when she was moving her shoulders around, I saw no "funky chicken syndrome." In fact, this was the first Bollywood routine I've actually enjoyed in quite some time. Of course having Alex Wong as a partner certainly didn't hurt.

Paul and Hayley really did look great together, as Mary said. The number was pretty great, too.

I agree with all the judges' comments about Amy and Fik-Shun/DeShaun being "the perfect couple." I'm actually not sure either/both would have made it to the Top 10 were they not paired for the first five weeks. They really complement each other! So Amy had two questionable dances tonight (counting the group dance), and two great ones, I think.

Jasmine is A LOCK to win the women's side of the competition. Considering she and Aaron got partnered again for the final dance of the evening (and it was SPECTACULAR!), I think he's a lock to win the men's side, as well, but it's not as clear-cut on the men's side, with the "Fik-Shun variable." If he does win, it'll be a first for the show -- a tapper winning!

I certainly hope the 20 votes I cast for Amy last week didn't make the difference, since I think Hayley should have been in the Final Four. I Amy had been one of the four up for elimination last week, as I think she'd have gone home, but maybe not, if Jenna was the other one, since Jenna had been "in the bottom" so many other times. At any rate, I think Amy should come in fourth place. Fik-Shun has had "an incredible journey," but sort of like Cyrus last year, I don't think he deserves to win when placed against the talent of Aaron (although he's way better than Cyrus). If Paul had made the Final Four, I'd see him and Aaron as closer competition. But I don't think any of the gals could beat Jasmine, as she was the only one never to be in danger any week of the competion.

Since there was NO voting this week (and my DISH guide doesn't list next week as a Season Finale, just "The Top 4 Dancers Perform"), I assume there'll be a FINALE show the following week where the winners are revealed (I checked to see if there would be a Wednesday show, but didn't see one).
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #183 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM

Liked: 123
I couldn't disagree more about Paul. Compared to the other two guys, his solo was pathetic. Fik-shun is all performance, all the time. The bulb never dims with him. As for Aaron, even if you don't like tap, that solo last night was one for the books. He's been nothing but solid throughout.

But let's disregard solos and everything else for a moment and talk about what really matters. If I were a female, I'd rather have Aaron with his supposedly "upright shoulders" (because of injury) and know that I'm in good, solid, and capable hands, than be partnered with Paul, who seems to treat females as though they are 100-pound sacks of flour that he cant wait to slam to the floor repeatedly. No idea if he's simply too weak to support a female, or if he's not used to their feminine curves. (He did say last night that the dance was his favorite "with a girl," whatever that means.)

It was more than disconcerting that Aaron, who has been asked to do some of the most difficult partnering we've ever seen, made one tiny gaffe on a slippery, sweat-induced grab and the judges had to mention it 4,682 times...and yet Paul threw poor Whitney on the ground so hard I thought her hip was going to shatter, yet not a peep. He's made the same mistake over and over and over again this year, along with missing so very many hand grabs and transitions that even Ray Charles would have been appalled had he been present.

Fik-shun may not be the strongest or most experienced guy in the competition, but at least his partners don't have to worry about concussions or broken bones when they're his partner. Obviously, the majority of America saw what we witnessed again and again and voted accordingly. Paul isn't just mistake-prone, he's dangerous. Kudos to the fans and viewers for saving the bodies, and perhaps lives, of our SYTYCD women! cool.gif
post #184 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 323
I thought Fik-Shun and Aaron put on clinic solos. They squeezed in highlight moments into a tight minute or so. I thought Jasmine's solo was good, but you could see her rushing trying to get everything in. Overall I think the right four people made it to the final. I thought all season they were the two most consistent couples

It is a good thing everyone got a second routine because I thought almost every contestant was better the second time around. I think Fik-Shun was really helped because he got stuck with a fox trot that never seemed to get off the ground. I am sometimes surprised Tyce is the same choreographer that did Jasmine's routine as some of the most boring stuff on the show. The voice-over was a bit over the top, but everything else was spot on.
post #185 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I thought Fik-Shun and Aaron put on clinic solos. They squeezed in highlight moments into a tight minute or so. I thought Jasmine's solo was good, but you could see her rushing trying to get everything in. Overall I think the right four people made it to the final. I thought all season they were the two most consistent couples

It is a good thing everyone got a second routine because I thought almost every contestant was better the second time around. I think Fik-Shun was really helped because he got stuck with a fox trot that never seemed to get off the ground. I am sometimes surprised Tyce is the same choreographer that did Jasmine's routine as some of the most boring stuff on the show. The voice-over was a bit over the top, but everything else was spot on.

Yeah, Tyce has been all over the place the past few years; one really good, two or three bad or "lazy", then good again.
post #186 of 234 Old 08-28-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 163

I missed last week's show and found this week's a little disappointing. Two weeks ago I thought three or so of the routines were stellar and this week not so much. As far as who should win, who is a great dancer, etc I think you have to work in reverse. Such as what definition are you using to judge. Potential for a professional career, most entertaining, most likable, most improved, best story... way too many categories to really pass a judgement per se.

post #187 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Oh yeah, ummmmmmm, by the way, yeah, I thought this season was, ummmmmmmm, really great, overall -- and costumes were "to die for!" (best "hack" Carly Rae Jepson impromptu typing impersonation, lol).

And on that note... I came THIS CLOSE to cancelling my subscription to Entertainment Weekly this summer (which auto-renews via one of my credit cards each August -- they send me a post card reminder in July -- largely because they've stopped running TV ratings each week). The SOLE tiny redeeming factor that stopped me was a few weeks back when, on their shows to watch for the week they mentioned "So You Think You Can Dance" and put in a crack about how they didn't know who the guest judge would be, but ANYONE would be better than Carly Rae Jepson (or something to that effect). Sometimes it's the little things that matter. wink.gif...

Including when Jesse Tyler Ferguson made HIS Carly Rae Jepson crack, AND when Nigel made HIS Miley Cyrus remark (man, that gal's like Lindsay Lohan without the substance abuse issues!).

Finally, I was watching the USA Network earlier today and a commercial came on featuring... Guess who (not Miley Cyrus)! She was talking about how she's going to host this benefit show to "Rock the Bowing," or was it to "Rock the Boeng?" I was sitting here watching TV trying to figure out just WHAT THE HELL CARLY RAE JEPSON WAS TALKING ABOUT until the end of the commercial, when the title came up and it said: "Rock the BULLYING!" It's a special about stopping bullying (I"m all for that, since I got plenty of that crap in high school). But any micro-talent "singer" who can't even pronounce THE WORD properly, well, if SHE'S hosting the show... just how much hope is there??? eek.gif Maybe SHE needs Aaron to drop HER a few times and straighten out her vocal chords (maybe shake up that brain a bit, too!)... Speaking of which, Aaron didn't really DROP Melanie; it was more like a 1-foot hand-hold slip to the floor. I had to go back and re-watch the routine to figure out what they were talking about, she made it look so much like part of the dance (she's DEFINITELY a pro!)
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #188 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
When she was on and the Cups girl we only listened to first first few seconds of 2 critiques. They might as well have had Mickey Mouse on. They need to use relevant dance judges. There are some out there, shoot I'd be fine having Christina Applegate there each week.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #189 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

When she was on and the Cups girl we only listened to first first few seconds of 2 critiques. They might as well have had Mickey Mouse on. They need to use relevant dance judges. There are some out there, shoot I'd be fine having Christina Applegate there each week.
Or bring in one of the DWTS judges just to spice things up. Can you imagine Mary Murphy surrounded by TWO cranky British judges? eek.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #190 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

The glitch in the once-a-week format rears its ugly head again. Down to the final four to find "America's Favorite Dancer", and no way for the viewers to vote on who the winner will be. TBD by the judges and choreographers most likely.

FYI, IMHO, the right final four made it through.
post #191 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

The glitch in the once-a-week format rears its ugly head again. Down to the final four to find "America's Favorite Dancer", and no way for the viewers to vote on who the winner will be. TBD by the judges and choreographers most likely.

Last season there was a top 4 "performance finale" with a "grand finale" the following week. I assume that the same thing will happen this season.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #192 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Last season there was a top 4 "performance finale" with a "grand finale" the following week. I assume that the same thing will happen this season.

You are correct, The winner will be chosen Tuesday, Sep 10......

Bobby 

post #193 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

Quote:

September 3: Final 4 perform.
September 10: Winner is chosen.
post #194 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:

FYI, IMHO, the right final four made it through.

As others said, it's two more weeks. However, given the ridiculousness of the judges keeping Makenzie and Jenna around for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks on end, I wish they'd just come right out and say, "Hey, America, we don't care what you think. These are your Top 10, so deal with it." Pretending to pick a Top 20, yet giving a free pass to those they want on tour no matter what is a waste of everyone's time. Just pick 10 and let us decide from there who wins. Spend more time on other fun things and pair them up with All Stars right off the bat rather than give us the same sorry excuses from Nigel's favorites for over a month. rolleyes.gif

Fwiw, I would be okay with the judges having one "save" each, but that's it.
post #195 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Just pick 10 and let us decide from there who wins.

I'd prefer the public having no say at all. Especially, if they were having everyone vote (didn't Nigel mention 15 votes among the judges and choreographers). Perhaps one vote per choreographer and two per judge. I'd find the show much more interesting if I felt the winners had a better shot at a career in dancing. Let's replace most popular with best newcomer.

I think virtually all of the reality shows suffer from this. The title has little or no value in that it doesn't represent anything. Make it mean something and people will stay interested. With this year's ratings it appears it might be the last. Even Nigel hinted at such.

post #196 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I wouldn't mind a completely professionally judged show, but I think that lots of people would lose interest if they didn't feel like they had any say.

In some seasons they've left it entirely up to the audience after the top 10; they should go back to that. In this case it probably would have turned out much the same, though.

I do think that winning it means something; you were able to win the favor of a television audience through your performance and what you were able to convey of your personality. Of course, travesties of injustice can occur, as proven by Cyrus ending in the final four last season biggrin.gif. The audience liked him so much that they didn't give a damn about his consistently poor-to-mediocre performances.

post #197 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm going out on a limb here, but I won't be surprised if the same thing happens with the new season of DWTS, now that they are also on the one show per week cycle. I have no inside information on this, but then again we'll all know how it works in a few weeks.
post #198 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do think that winning it means something; you were able to win the favor of a television audience through your performance and what you were able to convey of your personality.

I'm not sure that's something. smile.gif I'll rest my case with Taylor Hicks (which he deservedly won). Also, not the television audience rather x number of voters. Certainly a small percentage of the audience. I wonder how much they hurt the ratings by voting off more popular dancers.

To some degree what might make a great contestant (one who generate votes from the voting block) may work against their dance career. I don't follow them (at all) but how many of the rejects have make a career versus winners. I know they far out number the winners. How about those who migrated to Dancing with the Stars... did they do well on the show?

I know what you are saying and I basically agree. I just think the title needs a certain legitimacy if it's to keep one's interest in the reality aspect... who is going to win. After x seasons I think most people realize it doesn't matter and as such nor does the show.

post #199 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

To some degree what might make a great contestant (one who generate votes from the voting block) may work against their dance career. I don't follow them (at all) but how many of the rejects have make a career versus winners. I know they far out number the winners. How about those who migrated to Dancing with the Stars... did they do well on the show?

You may be right to a certain extent; you don't hear so much about the actual winners. Twitch and Travis Wall were runners up on their seasons; Chelsie Hightower was top 6 (eliminated with Mark Kanemura) and Lacey Schwimmer top 4 (both have worked on DWTS). Dmitry Chaplin, also a DWTS alum, just made it into the top 10 of season 2; Alison Holker was eliminated the following week.

You don't hear too much about the actual winners, Nick Lazzarini, Benji Schwimmer, Sabra Johnson, Joshua Allen, Jeanine Mason, Russell Ferguson, Lauren Froderman, Melanie Moore, Eliana Girard and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp. I know that some of them have been working, but they really haven't garnered much fame. But then, most dancers never do.

post #200 of 234 Old 08-29-2013, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

You may be right to a certain extent; you don't hear so much about the actual winners. Twitch and Travis Wall were runners up on their seasons; Chelsie Hightower was top 6 (eliminated with Mark Kanemura) and Lacey Schwimmer top 4 (both have worked on DWTS). Dmitry Chaplin, also a DWTS alum, just made it into the top 10 of season 2; Alison Holker was eliminated the following week.

You don't hear too much about the actual winners, Nick Lazzarini, Benji Schwimmer, Sabra Johnson, Joshua Allen, Jeanine Mason, Russell Ferguson, Lauren Froderman, Melanie Moore, Eliana Girard and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp. I know that some of them have been working, but they really haven't garnered much fame. But then, most dancers never do.

I think the key is some of the most successful dancers in the world are generally unknown by the general public. Dance is not a medium that easily translates to making a ton of money or become really famous. At best they might get in a Broadway show, a dance tour, or maybe a small part in a movie.
post #201 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM
PMA

Liked: 12
I'm surprised there are no comments on the performance finale. I enjoyed all of the performances and in particular, the one with Fix-shun and Twitch. Great choreography! I'm not a fan of hip hop music at all but do enjoy the various dance genres in this space. All the other performances were very good as well. I think the right 4 dancers made it to the final round. My prediction is that it will be either Amy/Fik-shun or Aaron/Jasmine as the winners given their earlier pairings and not a mix of the two couples. I am actually hoping that it ends up being Amy and Fik-shun but could see it going either way. In spite of Fik-shun's lack of technique, he's still quite good and just has the right personality to overcome that (and win over the voters as their favorite dancer).
post #202 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I personally think that Aaron is a lock for the male win; I'm not sure about the favorite female dancer title, but I'm pulling for Jasmine.

The performance finale was enjoyable, but the only pieces that I can even remember clearly are Jasmine's Hip-Hop duet with Comfort, which was hot, and Aaron's "Lyrical Tap" piece with Melinda (a season 7 contestant who I have no recollection of).

post #203 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMA View Post

I'm surprised there are no comments on the performance finale.

I enjoyed the finale and liked how they each performed a half dozen times or so. However, I think the dance routines peaked a couple of weeks ago. Regarding winners I think that has already been determined as far as future work goes... the exposure is much more valuable.

post #204 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

I personally think that Aaron is a lock for the male win; I'm not sure about the favorite female dancer title, but I'm pulling for Jasmine.

The performance finale was enjoyable, but the only pieces that I can even remember clearly are Jasmine's Hip-Hop duet with Comfort, which was hot, and Aaron's "Lyrical Tap" piece with Melinda (a season 7 contestant who I have no recollection of).

I felt that Fik-shun made Aaron look as stiff as he's been all season during their broadway dance. Fik-shun was much more fluid, charismatic, and entertaining. I don't understand how Aaron keeps skating every week, with his stiff upper-body dancing style. The guy can do a great jump-split, though. Also, Fik-shun choreographs himself better than most of the staff choreographers...

And while I think Amy is a better technical dancer, Jasmine definitely has the crowd behind her. Her hip-hop dancing the few times through the season have been outstanding, and now I know why...she's actually a professional hip-hop dancer (Ciara's video/tour offer). She may be trained in contemporary, but she's gotten work/is marketable as a hip-hop dancer.

My prediction is Fik-shun and Jasmine.
post #205 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Aaron hardly "skated by"; he's the only contestant who was never in the bottom this season. "America" likes him a lot, which is all that matters. His top six solo (danced to Bill Wither's "Use Me") easily blew everyone else's away.

post #206 of 234 Old 09-05-2013, 09:14 PM

Fantastic stuff, all around. It was crystal clear that the right 4 made it to the finale. Amazing to think that it took another dancer getting hurt for Aaron to make it, and Kat had to basically get Jasmine in by herself. I have no idea what the hell the judges are thinking when they pick the Top 20, but it's evident that they've made some gargantuan mistakes, both this year, and in the past.
post #207 of 234 Old 09-06-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Not much comment because I feel the show is really fixed so it is who Nigel wants to win. Not fix as in illegal but designed so he can get the person he wants into the final episode. Then he raves and raves over the one he wants and the other gets passing comments with hardly no praise.

post #208 of 234 Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Not much comment because I feel the show is really fixed so it is who Nigel wants to win. Not fix as in illegal but designed so he can get the person he wants into the final episode. Then he raves and raves over the one he wants and the other gets passing comments with hardly no praise.

The expert judges are there to give their opinion. Do you think that Nigel dishonestly withholds praise for a performance that he actually really liked because it was by the person he'd prefer not win, or conversely heaps praise on a mediocre performance because he wants that person to win? In any case Nigel's praise has often backfired when it gets too heavy handed.

post #209 of 234 Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The expert judges are there to give their opinion.

To my thinking they do far too little of such across the board. Those who actually state an opinion (whether I agree with it or not) actually have a chance to enhance the experience. On the reverse side those who don't simply add to the endless repetitiveness.

post #210 of 234 Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Aaron hardly "skated by"; he's the only contestant who was never in the bottom this season.

I think that's exactly what he meant by "skated by". In spite of some very questionable routines throughout the season, he's gotten by anyway. He seems to have a great personality, and I think he probably pulls a lot of "underdog" votes since he was originally left out of the top 20. I've also seen a lot of comments on other sites about people voting for him over other's simply becaues of his physical size, which helps set him apart from probably every male dancer this side of Ryan on the show.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page