Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I love how a guy with military training could be snuck up on so easily by a woman and her thug henchman. rolleyes.gif

That was part of "the plan" all along. wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Barbie is somehow with his training able to inserting a "chest tube"? He starts to do a needle throacostomy on her and then changes to inserting a chest tube. A procedure done in the ER. You do not have to suck on the tube, the tube when inserted drains the blood that is in the chest cavity. Never mind the fact It was placed too low and in the wrong position. It was a complete goat fornication with that whole scene saving Julia. Who writes this crap 8th graders? Thank you rant finished. biggrin.gif
33idolfinder likes this.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

When a persons heart stops, is it common for the heart to spontaneously re-start without CPR or Defibrillation .. ??

I personally never had a "save" like that! Lots of CPR, defibrillation, and epinepherine and atropine involved. The whole scene was all over the place. Oh wait this is the dome. wink.gif
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

I personally never had a "save" like that! Lots of CPR, defibrillation, and epinepherine and atropine involved. The whole scene was all over the place. Oh wait this is the dome. wink.gif

That scene was a real head scratcher for me .. I would almost vote it the dumbest scene so far .. she just somehow miraculously came back from the dead ..

Once again, Dome lowers even my low expectations ..
33idolfinder likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

The missle was only at one location. The location they went to was not affected by the missle.
I guess the "mother of all bombs" was nothing more than a loud firecracker then. It scroched the Earth for as far as the eye can see on one side of town yet the other side of town looks like a Norman Rockwell painting? Okey-dokey....
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

This show is so bad they don't even bother maintaining continuity, apparently only the one part we saw earlier outside the dome was turned into a Chernobyl. As witnessed by the scene where the kids all touched the dome at the same time, it looked pretty nice out there, what happened to the scorched earth we saw earlier?

MOAB only has 150 m radius.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I guess the "mother of all bombs" was nothing more than a loud firecracker then. It scroched the Earth for as far as the eye can see on one side of town yet the other side of town looks like a Norman Rockwell painting? Okey-dokey....

I suspended disbelief for that part thinking, well, OK, the bomb did not fully blast around the entire perimeter of the Dome .. but, what was more amazing to me was there was no sign of the Military / Scientists / Crowds of Religious Domeites / etc ..

I mean, a section of the USA is suddenly isolated by a "mysterious" Dome .. no one can get in or out and a giant bomb did absolutely no damage .. by now, would not the entire outside area of the Dome be run over with at least the Military and the Science community .. ?? This was World Wide major news .. not to mention the you-tube gang and what not ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Big Jim getting even nastier, I guess "The Dome" does want him dead by the teenagers' hands, poor Barbie just bad timing, I wish Linda would have seen Big Jim kill Max and her goon,

I guess the military wants Barbie because of his background in the forces or something, so the comms are back on again but the military is yet to be seen again.

I'm glad Julia isn't dead, it was a close call though, Maxine could have shot her in the head or at least the other side of the chest

I wish writers had Linda have any brain at all, or even watch any of the 100 cop shows on tv!
Seriously?!
Find the frikin bullets woman!
Check what gun is hot or smells gunpowder!
Not to mention taking the word of a drug dealer for a fact!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Well, it is only the mother of all conventional bombs. The dome is ten miles across and five miles high, and tough. It would have blocked the other side (10 miles away), even if you dropped the Tsar Bomba on it.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Because "the dome wanted it"! rolleyes.gif

Like Lost. Then "the island wanted it".
Now the dome.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

Like Lost. Then "the island wanted it".
Now the dome.
Yeah, that gets old fast, doesn't it?

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Here in the SF Bay Area, KPIX saw fit at the end of one of the commercial breaks to put up a "Breaking News" that the new span of the Bay Bridge had opened early and put the first couple minutes of the next act of "The Dome" up in the upper right corner. I would have thought that their usual news promo before an act would have sufficed.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 125
My head-scratcher hasn't even been mentioned yet...

When the sheriff arrives on the scene to see Barbie holding Big Jim at gunpoint... Big Jim says "he executed them both"... "he tied their hands and shot them in the head"....

Except...

Big Jim didn't shoot those two in the head... so... umm... I kept waiting for the sheriff to say "Jim, you said Barbie shot them in the head... only he didn't... they were shot in the chest."

Why such an obvious dialog issue like that?

Meanwhile...

I KNOW what the "dome wants"...

The dome wants some of us to stop watching the show smile.gif
Sharp1080 and 33idolfinder like this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Meanwhile...

It's very close to getting what it wants from me at this point ..
BoilerJim and 33idolfinder like this.

Uncle Willie

Old 09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I believe Jim shot them both in the forehead, from what I saw, the one that was shot in the chest was Julia, of course far off from the heart so she could live.. I could almost hear Big Jim yelling at Maxine "that's how you kill someone"

I have an explanation for Julia coming back, there was lightning in the air so The Dome zapped her with an invisible one and brought her back to life.. while at the same time Dodee figured out if there was lightning there was radio somehow..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think I can watch this until the end. This show has tanked in my mind.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My head-scratcher hasn't even been mentioned yet...

When the sheriff arrives on the scene to see Barbie holding Big Jim at gunpoint... Big Jim says "he executed them both"... "he tied their hands and shot them in the head"....

Except...

Big Jim didn't shoot those two in the head... so... umm... I kept waiting for the sheriff to say "Jim, you said Barbie shot them in the head... only he didn't... they were shot in the chest."

Why such an obvious dialog issue like that?

Meanwhile...

Wasn't Jim's weapon on the ground?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 40
^He was walking away, it was in the back of his jeans.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

This post brought to you buy the new 2014 Toyota Plug-in Prius. The official transport for Xynion Interstellar Sentient Domes.

BY not BUY. biggrin.gif

The Dome compelled me to try subliminal sales tactics! biggrin.gif

Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I'll have to rewatch the ending to double check... I didn't think he shot them in the head, but I suppose I could be wrong. I admit to beginning to tune away mentally by then.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 31
It occurs to me why this show is so successful: If only the folks in this forum (including the ones who are perpetually "ready to walk away") tune in to find things to be exasperated about, it will outdraw everything else on TV!
This show is a giant "What's wrong with this picture?"

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Old 09-03-2013, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post

It occurs to me why this show is so successful: If only the folks in this forum (including the ones who are perpetually "ready to walk away") tune in to find things to be exasperated about, it will outdraw everything else on TV!
This show is a giant "What's wrong with this picture?"

I'm still watching, but not live, and not even live +2. I've resorted to reading the synopsis on avclub, and the comments here and there, and I get around to watching the episodes on the weekend. Its just not must see anymore, but I eventually get around to it.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 254
Quote:

Why would it affect an area 10 miles away around a circular dome?

Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 254
Quote:

This show is so bad they don't even bother maintaining continuity, apparently only the one part we saw earlier outside the dome was turned into a Chernobyl. As witnessed by the scene where the kids all touched the dome at the same time, it looked pretty nice out there, what happened to the scorched earth we saw earlier?

That was 10 miles away around a circular dome, the bomb would not of affected that area.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
HMMM.. Linda pulls away from the Hospital in a Blue BMW, and arrives at the cement factory in a Silver Mercedes...
Barbie's ER skills we're very believeable compared to the Hoff performing open heart surgery, with a pen, on a boat, on Baywatch... Come on!!
Hank is one tough sob. Killing in cold blood, on network tv. The show is such a train wreck, gotta watch..
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 555
My earlier prediction that Max's viciousness would convince either Big Jim or Barbie to kill her came true last night. When Big Jim gunned down Max and her henchman in cold blood my suspicions were confirmed. Big Jim has now murdered a mother and her daughter and a preacher, who was also his partner, and maybe others I forgot about. But Big Jim is a family man so maybe he's just misunderstood. I enjoy how Big Jim turned to his advantage Max's shooting Julia and his own cold blooded murder of Max. When Sheriff Linda arrived in the nick of time to thwart Big Jim's plan to shoot and kill Barbie too and Big Jim did a fast recalculation, started asking Linda for help, and blamed everything on Barbie, I started laughing. It was so toweringly bad it was good. I wonder if the showrunners and writers understand how funny Under the Dome is?

The best thing I can say about the series, is that there are only two episodes to go. The worst thing I can say is that there is going to be a Season 2. smile.gif
Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

My earlier prediction that Max's viciousness would convince either Big Jim or Barbie to kill her came true last night. When Big Jim gunned down Max and her henchman in cold blood my suspicions were confirmed. Big Jim has now murdered a mother and her daughter and a preacher, who was also his partner, and maybe others I forgot about. But Big Jim is a family man so maybe he's just misunderstood. I enjoy how Big Jim turned to his advantage Max's shooting Julia and his own cold blooded murder of Max. When Sheriff Linda arrived in the nick of time to thwart Big Jim's plan to shoot and kill Barbie too and Big Jim did a fast recalculation, started asking Linda for help, and blamed everything on Barbie, I started laughing. It was so toweringly bad it was good. I wonder if the showrunners and writers understand how funny Under the Dome is?

The best thing I can say about the series, is that there are only two episodes to go. The worst thing I can say is that there is going to be a Season 2. smile.gif

I was hoping that it was like the submarine show last summer, the sub sinks and the show is over. NUTS
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

HMMM.. Linda pulls away from the Hospital in a Blue BMW, and arrives at the cement factory in a Silver Mercedes...

She took the blue BMW 5 series to the cement factory. The silver Mercedes you saw in the background was Max's E class Mercedes. She has been seen driving it multiple times. She was already at the factory, hence the reason her car was there.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

It worked. Stupidest script, especially the dialogs, of any program I can remember.

The sharks have been circling for a long time. The last lines of the episode made for a total jump.

Tivo = delete season pass,
AVSf thread = Watch the train wreck for a little longer.

"Most people would die sooner than think, in fact they do so."  Bertrand Russell The ABC of Relativity, 1925

Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 186
The "because the dome wants us to....." thing is getting really annoying.
The four kids in the mini-dome group don't seem to have a full working brain between them, it's like they come up with some random thought/idea and within two seconds it's "that's what the dome wants"!
So let it be written... so let it be done! (because that's what the dome wants).

This show is in serious jeopardy of entering the Terra Nova domain of sillyness.... Go away dome... go...go....go.... cause we don't like you no... no...no.... rolleyes.gif

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."