'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #1261 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I know I'm in the minority that think it's not half bad. However, I did laugh out loud when Barbee and Big Jim had the conversation in jail. Big Jim: "What am I, a criminal". Barbee: "No, you're worse, you are a politician".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

The stunning revelation was that in the dome, White is the new Black. Other than that, what a waste.

If only Irwin Allen was alive and still directing, then we'd be able to call it a disaster show for reals.
At least Irwin Allen wasn't afraid to show actual aliens on his shows. Yeah, OK it was always a guy in a rubber suit- but at least it wasn't the cheap-out "the alien takes human form" deal that we get on UTD.
How much can a rubber suit and some spray paint cost anyway biggrin.gif

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #1263 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

I know I'm in the minority that think it's not half bad. However, I did laugh out loud when Barbee and Big Jim had the conversation in jail. Big Jim: "What am I, a criminal". Barbee: "No, you're worse, you are a politician".

Same here--I thought that was an OUTSTANDING line. Simply hilarious!
post #1264 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Unless the beings are from so far in the future that all traces of the English language have been erased from existence, it's aliens of one kind or another.

They clearly addressed that as the "dome people" said they are still trying to master communication across the divide.

post #1265 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Quote:

Unless the beings are from so far in the future that all traces of the English language have been erased from existence, it's aliens of one kind or another.

They clearly addressed that as the "dome people" said they are still trying to master communication across the divide.

What they said was they were having difficulty learning the language. So that rules out humans from the future.

post #1266 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Those damn "aliens" why don't they kill Big Jim themselves? form a tornado on top of him and voila!

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1267 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Those damn "aliens" why don't they kill Big Jim themselves? form a tornado on top of him and voila!

Fish Bowl Prime Directive. smile.gif

post #1268 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I was laughing so loud when the dome was completely dark and the kids were on the forest, it should have been near pitch black but no, it's TV you must see the characters..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1269 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Next season Rennie will open a large health club, Big Jim's Big Gym.
post #1270 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
This show makes no sense! NO SENSE!!!biggrin.gif

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #1271 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
The town residents hold the world record for the construction of a gallows with steps and working trap door. Congratulations!
post #1272 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Dramatic scene. Tension.

Barbee (angrily): I think we know who you really are.

Big Jim (acting flippant): A criminal?

Barbee: Worse . . . (pause for dramatic effect) , , , a politician.

WHAT!

Who writes this crap. As an actor, you DON'T say lines like that. You ad-lib. Just about anything else would have been better.
post #1273 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

What pink stars went up? Those were beams of pink light, no indication this was THE event referenced about pink stars falling, could be coming at a later date.

Funny, I sure saw stars at the end of the pink lines. Remember, the pink stars were supposed to fall in lines. There were lines and there were pink stars, but they went up, not down (falling).

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1274 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 09:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

I like the show as well and just loved that line. I'm going to have to change my signature line to that.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1275 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 94
The part that really killed me was when the butterfly would bump into the inside of the dome and it would cause it to turn black and the kid says "When the butterfly bumps into the inside of the dome it causes it to turn black". Um, you do realize this isn't written for radio and we can see what is happening right? eek.gif
post #1276 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

The part that really killed me was when the butterfly would bump into the inside of the dome and it would cause it to turn black and the kid says "When the butterfly bumps into the inside of the dome it causes it to turn black". Um, you do realize this isn't written for radio and we can see what is happening right? eek.gif

Well to be fair, the actors probably couldn't "see" what was happening. The writers just forgot to annotate the script properly and the actors thought the instructions to the CGI crew were actual spoken lines. wink.gif
Fyrebird and tomhunter8 like this.
post #1277 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:

Well that would explain who made the dome. Maybe there's a tiny ZPM inside the egg.

Of course now it's been dropped into a lake the residents will have to wait for it to be depleted. They could be in there a while.

If CBS has anything to say about it, "a while" will equate to 10+ seasons, probably. Maybe the residents of Chester's Mill can shoot all their guns at the dome, drive all their cars into it, and detonate all the propane tanks near it to expedite the ZPM's depletion. wink.gif
post #1278 of 1628 Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Well to be fair, the actors probably couldn't "see" what was happening. The writers just forgot to annotate the script properly and the actors thought the instructions to the CGI crew were actual spoken lines. wink.gif

Girl: "I would like a pen, as I gesture towards you and then also towards the pen I can see on the table."
Boy: "Here, I am picking up this pen from the table that I also see from your gesture and now I hand the pen that I now have in my hands to you so that I no longer have it and you now have the pen that you requested."
Girl: "Thank you, for noticing where I was looking and seeing the pen and then for picking up that pen and moving it towards me and giving it to me so that I would have it as I originally hoped and asked."
Boy: "You are welcome, for that pen that you requested and indicated the location of such that I then noticed and acquired that same pen and subsequently gave it to you."
Both: "We have concluded our interchange of words and physical components and are now ready to exit this scene."

smile.gif
tomhunter8 likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1279 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

I think that was an actor reaction line the show left in by accident. They just edited out the next thing he said - "Huh? That's just stupid."
tomhunter8 likes this.

post #1280 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I can't think of a modern series that started out with such an interesting premise that turned into a complete dud do to the horrible acting, the unnecessary forced artificial drama, the 1 dimensional characters, and the fact that most of the season ignored the main point of the series, the dome. They must have gone really cheap with the writers. The Irwin Allen reference above is a good one because he had a habit of destroying his series with the same sort of nonsense after starting off pretty good. Go watch the 3rd season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea for an example.

I stuck through it mainly to get some answers. Amazing this turd of a TV show couldn't even come up with that since not one single question was answered except possibly that aliens, who are unable to figure out English, are behind it. Aliens after doing the amazing thing of making 1st contact with another species, disappear again after speaking a couple of sentences. Unbelievable. Bleh.

I'm done with it. Given that the idiots at CBS have renewed it, I won't bother with it next summer.
slowbiscuit likes this.
post #1281 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Funny, I sure saw stars at the end of the pink lines. Remember, the pink stars were supposed to fall in lines. There were lines and there were pink stars, but they went up, not down (falling).

All I saw where bright points of light at the end of the lines, nothing that looked like they were stars. I guess you could say the bright points where stars, but they could also be circles for all we saw.

post #1282 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

What goes up, must come down!

In straight lines. wink.gif

post #1283 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What they said was they were having difficulty learning the language. So that rules out humans from the future.

Incorrect, I am re-playing it right now to see. I rewound it a couple times, here is what they say.

They said, "Forgive us, we're still learning to speak with you. We have taken on a familiar appearance to help bridge the divide."

Could be from the future still if they are learning how to speak to them from the future and taking on the appearance of someone to make it easier to communciate. Probably not, but is possible.

post #1284 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It's a long shot even so. Given the ability to communicate through time and send a big force field to the present day, talking should be easy. Dodee could have probably figured it out for them. They should have contacted her first.

post #1285 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 74
To bad Walter Bishop isn't around any longer- he would have had that dome down in a single episode! biggrin.gif
ltownsend likes this.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #1286 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 AM

Liked: 18
To be fair - I like the premise better then the book. It does have me interested in what they are saving them from and I will watch next summer. It certainly has its share of poor writing and poor acting like most shows. Maybe they figure it out, maybe they won't.
WilliamR likes this.
post #1287 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

To be fair - I like the premise better then the book. It does have me interested in what they are saving them from and I will watch next summer. It certainly has its share of poor writing and poor acting like most shows. Maybe they figure it out, maybe they won't.

We do too. We found the book to be bloated and boring (except the beginning and the end). That middle section really wore us down. I also like that they changed it from the book with what caused it (well, overall since we really don't know where it came from yet but at least they told us the purpose).

post #1288 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

All I saw where bright points of light at the end of the lines, nothing that looked like they were stars. I guess you could say the bright points where stars, but they could also be circles for all we saw.

Sounds like stars to me. You didn't really expect them to look like the painting did you?

Not sure if I will return for season 2 but, since nothing else is on during the summer, I probably will. This show, especially the last few episodes, was just bad.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #1289 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Next season: We find out Big Jim has been hiding a nuclear bomb, Barbee gets his hands on it and all hell breaks loose!eek.gifbiggrin.gif

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #1290 of 1628 Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Next season we find that Big Jim secretly wants to devour Mr Barbara with some seafood in a surf-n-turf special meal... all of which culminates in a cliffhanger-show-ending quote where Jim requests that Junior add more seafood to the cooking pot by exclaiming "Put another shrimp on the Barbee"

wink.gif
73shark likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page