Forum Jump: 
 268Likes

post #1531 of 1844 Old 07-04-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Forgot I had this recorded so I started watching the premiere (s2) episode. Good @#$%ing lord this show trolls hard. Only half way through and can't wait for the episode to end (if I make it that far...) so I can promptly delete it and my recurring setting...
phildaant likes this.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
"It's only 2 weeks" doesn't give them license to not be careful adding new characters. If every couple of "weeks" on the show they find new characters it will really stretch the already thin credibility of the show.

You're also talking about people in a small town not seeing each other under normal circumstances. Yes, there are long periods of time that go by and people in a small town might not interact.

But... in this particular small town... the power and phones went out... when that happens and you have no TV and you hear on the radio that "a dome has dropped over the town" you are going to have to poke your head out to see what is going on.

A lot of the town was having water and food problems in those first 2 weeks... Remember the plot where water was scarce except for that one guy controlling the reservoir? Lack of water would have brought everyone out scrambling for water... and a lot of people were looking for other supplies.

It just isn't realistic to have more and more important new people pop up the longer the show goes on... a few people here and there are fine... and they can mask some of it by having them be "faces in the crowd" that technically were there the whole time but they just weren't focusing the story on them. But they still have to be careful bringing people out of the woodwork on a regular basis.

I disagree that would of brought him out (the water) he is on the lake and has all the water he needs, plus food, etc. Plus remember, they were broad casting on the radio so he got all the info he needed!

post #1533 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I disagree that would of brought him out (the water) he is on the lake and has all the water he needs, plus food, etc. Plus remember, they were broad casting on the radio so he got all the info he needed!
I bowed out, so I've been avoiding posting. I've just been reading the post to satisfy to myself I made the right decision.

Anyhoo....

I felt compelled to chime in to remind you that the lake was contaminated by gas at one point. That was the whole big deal with the water last season.
post #1534 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 66
My bigger issue was why his cabin wasn't being affected by the magnetism (even larger issue was all the metal items that aren't affected by magnets that were affected). The least affected was at the center of the dome at the HS - but you'd think his cabin on the lake must be much closer to the perimeter.
phildaant likes this.
post #1535 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
My bigger issue was why his cabin wasn't being affected by the magnetism (even larger issue was all the metal items that aren't affected by magnets that were affected). The least affected was at the center of the dome at the HS - but you'd think his cabin on the lake must be much closer to the perimeter.
Don't forget that diner/restaurant place. How is that place still looking clean? I am sure there lots of magnets there!
post #1536 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Wow. Is this still on? Hmm, more mulch for the garden.
phildaant likes this.
post #1537 of 1844 Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 268
People didn't have to take off their watches, belts, or other personal accessories, either. Most magnetism-based plot devices are applied inconsistently to fit whatever the writers want to accomplish (in this case, crushing Linda with a car).
phildaant likes this.
post #1538 of 1844 Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
I bowed out, so I've been avoiding posting. I've just been reading the post to satisfy to myself I made the right decision.

Anyhoo....

I felt compelled to chime in to remind you that the lake was contaminated by gas at one point. That was the whole big deal with the water last season.
He probably didn't have to go out to the lake at that time, didn't they fix it relatively fast, can't recall now how that was resolved.
phildaant likes this.

post #1539 of 1844 Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
He probably didn't have to go out to the lake at that time, didn't they fix it relatively fast, can't recall now how that was resolved.
The lake was contaminated... as far as we know it is still contaminated. They didn't fix it.

The water tower was knocked over... then it rained... then they gained access to an old aquafer or aquaduct or some other such thing... had a big fight with the guy controlling that water supply... but then that was ended and I don't think they have worried about water since.

But if the guy was getting water from the lake, he should have been worried... also, fish were dead in the lake... so hopefully he wasn't eating fish then either!

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1540 of 1844 Old 07-06-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
The lake was contaminated... as far as we know it is still contaminated. They didn't fix it.

The water tower was knocked over... then it rained... then they gained access to an old aquafer or aquaduct or some other such thing... had a big fight with the guy controlling that water supply... but then that was ended and I don't think they have worried about water since.

But if the guy was getting water from the lake, he should have been worried... also, fish were dead in the lake... so hopefully he wasn't eating fish then either!
He obviously had a gas supply that lasted for two weeks. Since his generator was still working. So he probably had food and water to last that long as well.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1541 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Finally got around to watching this, and I'm glad I did. Definitely a step up from season 1. Didn't expect there to be this much complaining here, because this episode is almost a "reboot" in a way of the show. Hopefully the writers maintain the direction that Stephen King took, because last season was a dud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
When a major event like a mysterious invisible dome trapping everyone in the town happens, it's a huge stretch to believe that this guy who lives within walking distance would still be hanging out in his cabin the whole time, never leaving or interacting with anyone.

He doesn't seem in any way surprised or perturbed by the existence of the dome. You'd think he might want to go talk to someone to ask, "Hey, what's up with this weird dome thing?" But nope, it's all perfectly normal to him.
The guy is also an alcoholic, and had a trash can literally FULL of empty beer bottles. Pretty sure that explains what he's been up to the last two weeks, and why he doesn't exactly appear to care that there is a dome over the town. Also, he doesn't really need water if he's got all that beer. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but hey a man's gotta drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Don't forget that diner/restaurant place. How is that place still looking clean? I am sure there lots of magnets there!
The only thing that I thought was weird was that right before Angie went into the high school, she was taking out the trash? Are there still garbage men in Chester's Mill?
phildaant likes this.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1542 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Sorry to see the deputy squished between the car and the dome.

Next!!!
phildaant likes this.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1543 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
If you truly want to watch a bad show then watch Dominion.
I like Under the Dome and Dominion. So sue me.
phildaant likes this.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1544 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
i like under the dome and dominion. So sue me. :d
ok.
post #1545 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
The water tower was knocked over...
No it wasn't. The main pipe was broken so that all of the water emptied from the tower.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1546 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
I like Under the Dome and Dominion. So sue me.
Did you have to get some sort of special password in order to actually post a good comment .. ??
phildaant likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1547 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
No it wasn't. The main pipe was broken so that all of the water emptied from the tower.
Fair enough... The main point was that there was a mad scramble for water... and I had remembered more damage being done that actually happened.

Meanwhile... my larger point wasn't that they can't do it once or twice... bringing in new characters... but they can't keep doing it. It's a trick you can't keep doing multiple times each season. They already did it last season, and now did it right at the start of this season. At some point that trick will stop working.

They can bring in new actors, and suddenly shift the focus to other townspeople... like say the barber, and have him become important over time... that might work... but they can't keep bringing up people with tight connections to main characters. That's what I was meaning.

Like if they bring in a cousin or another brother or sister or a step-parent or a grandmother or whatever... that will at some point stop being a trick they can keep pulling out of the hat.

The selective magnetism is one thing, but I can forgive that IF I allow for some kind of alien intelligence controlling the dome... it would be an interactive thing where whomever is in control could perhaps make it more powerful to suit the situation.. though that still leaves some gaps in compliance with known physics... but anyway, I can give a little leeway... but some of the stuff is pulled out of the backside... hey, maybe that's a good idea for a series...

Tales from the backside... Each week a completely made up on the fly idea that changes during the filming so that even the people working on it don't know how it will end until the end of the timeslot!

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1548 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
did you have to get some sort of special password in order to actually post a good comment .. ??
lol :d

^^^^ another VB software screwup.
phildaant likes this.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1549 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Each week a completely made up on the fly idea that changes during the filming so that even the people working on it don't know how it will end until the end of the timeslot!
Maybe that's the problem. They are video recording and not film recording.
phildaant likes this.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1550 of 1844 Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

It was a meh compared to last week's silly season 2 premiere. They should had used ants instead, so I could enjoy it more! However, next week's episode looks interesting. Should I keep watching? It might suck though. Haha. :P
post #1551 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
lol :d

^^^^ another VB software screwup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
. Haha. :P
No screw-up. The code has always been uppercase "D" for the "big laugh" emoticon, and lowercase "p" for the "wagging tongue" emoticon. As in: , and .

Real men type in their HTML code instead of using the icons.
73shark likes this.
post #1552 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
No screw-up. The code has always been uppercase "D" for the "big laugh" emoticon, and lowercase "p" for the "wagging tongue" emoticon. As in: , and .
You missed the point entirely. I entered the all of the text in all caps, while VB changed it all to lowercase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
My website's HTML is written entirely by hand using VI. I'm missing your point.
phildaant likes this.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1553 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

CBS has been on my s**t list for a long time now. They are not going to get off it any time soon, considering what they did with this week's episode.

If any viewer thought that it seemed a little short, it was. It was only 40:14 in length.
phildaant likes this.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1554 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
You missed the point entirely. I entered the all of the text in all caps, while VB changed it all to lowercase.

My website's HTML is written entirely by hand using VI. I'm missing your point.
I evidently did miss the point. Never mind. First, tried to help. Second, tried to be funny. Two misfires.
post #1555 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
CBS has been on my s**t list for a long time now. They are not going to get off it any time soon, considering what they did with this week's episode.

If any viewer thought that it seemed a little short, it was. It was only 40:14 in length.
I wonder if Exant will be any good. :/
post #1556 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

And for all these years, I thought it was "grin" and a "sticking out your tongue" .. live and learn ..

Just don't make any new emoticons and introduce them to the thread and act like they have been there all along ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1557 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^I never even knew they had names, being a "typer", not a "clicker". Live & learn, indeed!
mgkdragn likes this.
post #1558 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
^^^I never even knew they had names, being a "typer", not a "clicker". Live & learn, indeed!
Well, I consider myself a "picker" and a "grinner" ..

Uncle Willie

post #1559 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I didn't notice. I just fast forward through the commercials and wacth the show. I've never checked the actual run times on the shows.
phildaant likes this.

LED DLP

post #1560 of 1844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
And for all these years, I thought it was "grin" and a "sticking out your tongue" .. live and learn ..

Just don't make any new emoticons and introduce them to the thread and act like they have been there all along ..
Aren't they "grin" and a "sticking out your tongue"? When I put the cursor over them that is what shows up. Well it shows "Big Grin"

LED DLP

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page