'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 277Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1831 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
Member
 
grampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rachelle Lefevre was on Letterman last night, told a story about being presented a with a pair of "nipple shields" at the start of this season with instructions to use them as the producers wanted to reduce FX money spent on removing her "headlights" after filming, the result of shooting scenes in cold weather. Letterman was almost speechless.
grampy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1832 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampy View Post
Rachelle Lefevre was on Letterman last night, told a story about being presented a with a pair of "nipple shields" at the start of this season with instructions to use them as the producers wanted to reduce FX money spent on removing her "headlights" after filming, the result of shooting scenes in cold weather. Letterman was almost speechless.
Presented for All Thread Members gratification ..


aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #1833 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
If it wasn't for the boob CGI and nipple shields I might still be watching. Curse you CBS!

I don't see what the big deal is. Friends is rerun almost 24/7 and you can't blink without Jennifer Aniston poking someone in the eye.
mgkdragn likes this.


VisionOn is online now  
post #1834 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
If it wasn't for the boob CGI and nipple shields I might still be watching. Curse you CBS!

I don't see what the big deal is. Friends is rerun almost 24/7 and you can't blink without Jennifer Aniston poking someone in the eye.

And all done as a money saver .. what's next .. ??


The sad part is, I will now be devoting an undue amount of attention to Rachelle Lefevre's "area" .. hoping for a wardrobe malfunction ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #1835 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Well for research purposes I was checking on Google images to see if she has a problem in that area.

I see nothing.

Ah CBS. No problem showing shooting deaths, hanging, cow slicing and axe murder, but it's a big no to the vague outline of a chilly boob!
aaronwt likes this.


VisionOn is online now  
post #1836 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Well for research purposes I was checking on Google images to see if she has a problem in that area.

I see nothing.

Ah CBS. No problem showing shooting deaths, hanging, cow slicing and axe murder, but it's a big no to the vague outline of a chilly boob!
Research purposes only .. I understand ..

But it's a FAMILY Show ...

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #1837 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Rachelle leFevre seems like a fun person and aesthetically she's not too bad on the eyes at all.

If CBS put just her under the dome I might start watching again.
phildaant likes this.


VisionOn is online now  
post #1838 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 62
OK back to serious business. Well, funny business: http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-do...-140656645157/

Reading, not even watching the episodes, still makes me laugh!
joblo likes this.

Last edited by phildaant; Yesterday at 04:17 PM.
phildaant is online now  
post #1839 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Ha, it's been two weeks!

It was stupid when they got bored after three days and made a fight club, but in less than two weeks they planned to murder half the town to save supplies and a woman had a house full of food and never mentioned it until now!

The rugby team that crashed in the Andes managed to keep it together longer than that and they were alone on top of a mountain with no food, shelter or hope!
phildaant likes this.


VisionOn is online now  
post #1840 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The nipple shield wasn't quite up to the task in one outdoor scene last night.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #1841 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 4,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Ha, it's been two weeks!

It was stupid when they got bored after three days and made a fight club, but in less than two weeks they planned to murder half the town to save supplies and a woman had a house full of food and never mentioned it until now!

The rugby team that crashed in the Andes managed to keep it together longer than that and they were alone on top of a mountain with no food, shelter or hope!
The Andes episode included eating their dead! When you're hungry, you eat.....
phildaant likes this.

Bobby 

bobby94928 is online now  
post #1842 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
The Andes episode included eating their dead! When you're hungry, you eat.....
And on Dome they will probably be doing that by the end of next week when they get down to the last pot of coffee.
phildaant likes this.


VisionOn is online now  
post #1843 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
The Andes episode included eating their dead! When you're hungry, you eat.....
Zombie style? :P
phildaant is online now  
post #1844 of 1860 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Great stuff you learn on AVS forum.. Screenshots??
phildaant likes this.

taxman48 is offline  
post #1845 of 1860 Old Today, 02:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 98
You know... the lady with the house full of food... she said "I have enough to feed the whole town for 2 months"... Was she guessing? No matter how full her house is of food, and assuming they can keep it all without any spoiling that long... IF she has enough from her husband's hoarding to last the entire town for a couple of months... there can't be very many people in town, right? I mean... how much food does your typical survivalist doomsdayer build in reserve food supplies for himself and his family? Surely not enough to feed the entire town for a couple of months.

And that's just the weird thing that stuck in my brain.

Although... I will say... Under the Dome has now become a source of confidence to me... because I am now confident that I can get a job one day writing for television, because this show keeps getting broadcast. I actually feel sorry for the actors now.

On a related note... it's only been a few weeks in Dome-time... did anyone pay any attention to Dome-baby last week? You know, they made a point of mentioning the girl with the baby who was the first baby born in the Dome... so that baby can't be more than a couple of weeks old... and yet, somehow I bet it is significantly older than that when they show it... and I wasn't paying enough attention.

Also neat how they run the town like I ran a fake society on a BBS when I was a kid. I was the president of our fake society and when I quit my vice president took over... then he appointed me the new VP and when he quit I was president again. Cool how the leader of the town gets to be leader by just deciding they are the leader... and then anyone can just become sheriff too.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #1846 of 1860 Old Today, 03:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that gaining power in this town can turn even a former DJ into a killer or the fact that making the psychotic girlfriend kidnapper a police officer turned out better than making the DJ into a sheriff.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #1847 of 1860 Old Today, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 9,770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 420
I know one thing that's not trapped under the dome...

A cogent well through out plot.

The wife and I liked the first season, but this second season seems to be wandering aimlessly with overly dramatic & hilariously poorly thought out turns of events.
Stereodude is online now  
post #1848 of 1860 Old Today, 06:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 17,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Perhaps UtD just needs to go full-on Sharknado! It's becoming increasingly campy; why not just embrace it?
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #1849 of 1860 Old Today, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Perhaps UtD just needs to go full-on Sharknado! It's becoming increasingly campy; why not just embrace it?
I'd watch it if it had ants.
phildaant is online now  
post #1850 of 1860 Old Today, 07:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Perhaps UtD just needs to go full-on Sharknado! It's becoming increasingly campy; why not just embrace it?

I thought they had ..
phildaant and gprace like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #1851 of 1860 Old Today, 10:02 AM
Member
 
reds75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Still enjoy it . Maybe to much of the teenangers .
WilliamR likes this.
reds75 is offline  
post #1852 of 1860 Old Today, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds75 View Post
Still enjoy it . Maybe to much of the teenangers .
Agreed, still enjoying it for what it is but a little to much with the teenagers and their love triangle.

WilliamR is offline  
post #1853 of 1860 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Perhaps UtD just needs to go full-on Sharknado! It's becoming increasingly campy; why not just embrace it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I thought they had ..
ROFL! You guys are making me happy with my decision to drop the show but continuing in this thread in order to enjoy the imaginatively snarky comments I see here.
gwsat is offline  
post #1854 of 1860 Old Today, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Mark12547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
I'd watch it if it had ants.
Ants? Like in Them! (1954)? If so, that could be the Beginning of the End (1957)!
phildaant likes this.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
Mark12547 is online now  
post #1855 of 1860 Old Today, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
Ants? Like in Them! (1954)? If so, that could be the Beginning of the End (1957)!
Them! rocked. I never saw that grasshopper movie though, but its ratings are awful! Worse than UTD? :P
phildaant is online now  
post #1856 of 1860 Old Today, 02:28 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 20,909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
You know... the lady with the house full of food... she said "I have enough to feed the whole town for 2 months"... Was she guessing? No matter how full her house is of food, and assuming they can keep it all without any spoiling that long... IF she has enough from her husband's hoarding to last the entire town for a couple of months... there can't be very many people in town, right? I mean... how much food does your typical survivalist doomsdayer build in reserve food supplies for himself and his family? Surely not enough to feed the entire town for a couple of months.

And that's just the weird thing that stuck in my brain.

Although... I will say... Under the Dome has now become a source of confidence to me... because I am now confident that I can get a job one day writing for television, because this show keeps getting broadcast. I actually feel sorry for the actors now.

On a related note... it's only been a few weeks in Dome-time... did anyone pay any attention to Dome-baby last week? You know, they made a point of mentioning the girl with the baby who was the first baby born in the Dome... so that baby can't be more than a couple of weeks old... and yet, somehow I bet it is significantly older than that when they show it... and I wasn't paying enough attention.

Also neat how they run the town like I ran a fake society on a BBS when I was a kid. I was the president of our fake society and when I quit my vice president took over... then he appointed me the new VP and when he quit I was president again. Cool how the leader of the town gets to be leader by just deciding they are the leader... and then anyone can just become sheriff too.
The town population has somehow dropped very quickly. During the first season interviews they said the town had over 10,000. Apparently now it must be under 1000.

Just like the issue with power. They don't bother addressing it anymore. It's just assumed that every where has power. Like in the school with the card reader at the door to the laboratory.

I'm still enjoying the show though. And everyone at work, with their families, is still watching it too.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is online now  
post #1857 of 1860 Old Today, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Maltby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The town population has somehow dropped very quickly. During the first season interviews they said the town had over 10,000. Apparently now it must be under 1000.

Just like the issue with power. They don't bother addressing it anymore. It's just assumed that every where has power. Like in the school with the card reader at the door to the laboratory.
I was thinking less than two hundred, judging by the crowd scenes. There were more people in the Seattle of "Here Come the Brides" then in Chester Mills.

How hard it could it be for the set designer to just add a bunch of generators outside all the buildings to add a convincing detail and explain the power everywhere.

The films of De Sica, of Welles, of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger made little money and endure as spiritual delights.
--David Mamet
Maltby is online now  
post #1858 of 1860 Old Today, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The town population has somehow dropped very quickly. During the first season interviews they said the town had over 10,000. Apparently now it must be under 1000.
Yeah... they are always playing fast and loose with the details... though if the population is truly that low now, it does go back to my earlier discussion about introducing new characters. The lower the known population in the town is, the harder it is to explain how you didn't know someone was there! But I digress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Just like the issue with power. They don't bother addressing it anymore. It's just assumed that every where has power. Like in the school with the card reader at the door to the laboratory.
I knew I was forgetting something recently... that bugged me on two levels. Obviously bugged me that for some reason the laboratory was secured with an electronic card reader that had electricity while seemingly nothing inside or outside that same lab had electricity...

But... it's a lab at the school... so why didn't the science teacher have a card of her own? and why did Big Jim have one? Neither makes sense. She seems to be the only science teacher in town, so seems like she's the one who would have a key... and why does the town councilman have a key to a high school science lab?

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #1859 of 1860 Old Today, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
balboa dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Newport Beach, California
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
ROFL! You guys are making me happy with my decision to drop the show but continuing in this thread in order to enjoy the imaginatively snarky comments I see here.
It's a Snarknado.
balboa dave is online now  
post #1860 of 1860 Old Today, 04:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
I'd watch it if it had ants.
Well they tried the Caterpillar Invasion, but if ants turned up in the dome I expect science teacher would devise a plan to pour toxic and disintegrating chemicals over the entire town and it's residents to confuse and destroy the ants.

I think she ascribes to the Ellen Ripley form of prevention, but she can't make it into orbit.
aaronwt and phildaant like this.


VisionOn is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off