'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 63 - AVS Forum
First ... 61  62  63 64  65  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Under the Dome' on CBS HD
CPanther95's Avatar CPanther95 06:05 PM 07-30-2014
The science teacher was far less annoying in "Misfits".

gwsat's Avatar gwsat 08:20 PM 07-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post
It's a Snarknado.
Speaking of a Snarknado, I watched Sharknado tonight and loved it. It is one of those movies that is so biblically bad in so many ways, it either sinks without a trace or, as was the case with Sharknado, becomes a cult classic. Fun stuff.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 08:26 PM 07-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Speaking of a Snarknado, I watched Sharknado tonight and loved it. It is one of those movies that is so biblically bad in so many ways, it either sinks without a trace or, as was the case with Sharknado, becomes a cult classic. Fun stuff.
It was better than UTD???
mrvideo's Avatar mrvideo 05:07 AM 07-31-2014
Well, the short episode of the week goes to the latest episode of Extant, which clocked in at 40:00 minutes.

It seems that the A-holes at CBS have to take away time for something every week. The only two shows that I watch.
bobby94928's Avatar bobby94928 09:08 AM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Well, the short episode of the week goes to the latest episode of Extant, which clocked in at 40:00 minutes.

It seems that the A-holes at CBS have to take away time for something every week. The only two shows that I watch.
Then please quit watching shows so that we can get back to reasonable times...
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 09:24 AM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Well, the short episode of the week goes to the latest episode of Extant, which clocked in at 40:00 minutes.

It seems that the A-holes at CBS have to take away time for something every week. The only two shows that I watch.

Well, if the time change does not improve ratings, you may see "Extant" drop to zero minutes .. it's sad, I know, especially with an Oscar winning actress in the lead .. but many of the critics have not been to kind with the show either .. I don't envision a second season ..


My main problem with it is it was initially billed as Sci Fi, yet I just don't see it .. however, if you stack some "Extant" and a little "Dome" on the DVR, it's a great time for queso or fondue night
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 11:24 AM 07-31-2014
We don't need ants or caterpillars.


leebo's Avatar leebo 11:50 AM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltby View Post
I was thinking less than two hundred, judging by the crowd scenes. There were more people in the Seattle of "Here Come the Brides" then in Chester Mills.

How hard it could it be for the set designer to just add a bunch of generators outside all the buildings to add a convincing detail and explain the power everywhere.
But that brings me back to the smog conundrum: How can they keep running generators, cars, etc., and not be chocking to death? And don't tell me the fumes pass through the dome. The military fired a sub-nuclear bomb at it and that did nothing. But Carbon Monoxide passes right through?

And why is the science teacher the only teacher in Chesters Mill? I know she is because as a teacher at the school she would likely have teacher friends, or at least aquaintences, and she would have had SOME interaction with them by now.

But perhaps the biggest mystery of OTD will always be how in Gods name are the ratings for this show so good? It does make one wonder how the human race has advanced as far as it has.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 12:03 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
We don't need ants or caterpillars.

Thread? What about the show?
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 12:09 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
But perhaps the biggest mystery of OTD will always be how in Gods name are the ratings for this show so good? It does make one wonder how the human race has advanced as far as it has.
The ratings are not that great anymore, and falling, down 21% from last week. Methinks the Dome may be coming down soon. So, there is some hope for the human race after all.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 12:13 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
The ratings are not that great anymore, and falling, down 21% from last week. Methinks the Dome may be coming down soon. So, there is some hope for the human race after all.
I hope so and with a proper series ending. It was mention to be a minseries! Argh.
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 12:21 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Thread? What about the show?
Lol. Couldn't find one that said show. As a general rule of thumb, we can always use more cowbell in every faucet of our lives.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 12:26 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. Couldn't find one that said show. As a general rule of thumb, we can always use more cowbell in every faucet of our lives.
UTD would probably be better with cowbells! Wait, did any of those cows wear bells? :P
Mark12547's Avatar Mark12547 12:30 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. Couldn't find one that said show. As a general rule of thumb, we can always use more cowbell in every faucet of our lives.
If we had more cowbell in every faucet of our lives, it would make it hard to get a glass of water late at night without waking up the household! (Sorry, I couldn't resist, even though I suspect it's some spellchecker gone amok.)

But with the creepy things the Dome does, be careful, or the writers will incorporate this in the story! (Please! Anything but The Great Vegetable Rebellion!)
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 12:33 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
If we had more cowbell in every faucet of our lives, it would make it hard to get a glass of water late at night without waking up the household! (Sorry, I couldn't resist, even though I suspect it's some spellchecker gone amok.)

But with the creepy things the Dome does, be careful, or the writers will incorporate this in the story! (Please! Anything but The Great Vegetable Rebellion!)
Please add ants, UTD writers. I will watch again! :P
gprace's Avatar gprace 12:46 PM 07-31-2014
I heard a rumor that the Fall replacement series for UTD will be "killer Klowns From Outer Space."
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 12:47 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
I heard a rumor that the Fall replacement series for UTD will be "killer Klowns From Outer Space."
It must be related to Stephen King's It.
Mark12547's Avatar Mark12547 12:56 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
I heard a rumor that the Fall replacement series for UTD will be "killer Klowns From Outer Space."
I loved the movie and the DVD commentary! The movie gives a wonderful explanation of why children have a genetic disposition for the hatred of clowns!
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 01:13 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
UTD would probably be better with cowbells! Wait, did any of those cows wear bells? :P
I know at least one cow that no longer needs his cowbell.

Spoiler!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
If we had more cowbell in every faucet of our lives, it would make it hard to get a glass of water late at night without waking up the household! (Sorry, I couldn't resist, even though I suspect it's some spellchecker gone amok.)

But with the creepy things the Dome does, be careful, or the writers will incorporate this in the story! (Please! Anything but The Great Vegetable Rebellion!)
D'oh! I'd like to blame auto correct on my phone. But this was all me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Please add ants, UTD writers. I will watch again! :P
If they add ants they need this guy too. And his instant hole will allow escape from The Dome.

Spoiler!

aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 01:44 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
The ratings are not that great anymore, and falling, down 21% from last week. Methinks the Dome may be coming down soon. So, there is some hope for the human race after all.
But the show is profitable before it even airs. It is still in the top few shows of the SUmmer. AS long as it still gets decent ratings, they will keep it on. And it's ratings have been good for a Summer show.

Amazon pays 1.5 million an episode for UTD. Then it is also sold to other markets over seas.
HDMe2's Avatar HDMe2 02:19 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
But that brings me back to the smog conundrum: How can they keep running generators, cars, etc., and not be chocking to death? And don't tell me the fumes pass through the dome. The military fired a sub-nuclear bomb at it and that did nothing. But Carbon Monoxide passes right through?
The chinese finger trap is all you need to dispel that thought. Eggshell strength in the long-mode is another. Take an egg (the long way) and try to pinch it between your finger and thumb... it is near impossible... but you can easily puncture through the sides... and the finger trap easily falls off with a little pinch, but pull as hard as you want and it grips tighter.

The brute force bomb wasn't the way into the dome... but that doesn't mean it isn't a semi-permeable membrane that allows smaller things through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
And why is the science teacher the only teacher in Chesters Mill? I know she is because as a teacher at the school she would likely have teacher friends, or at least aquaintences, and she would have had SOME interaction with them by now.
I wondered about this, though... no other science teachers, but apparently no other teachers of any subject. Maybe they already had an off-screen "Hunger Games" with all the teachers, and the science teacher won?
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 02:34 PM 07-31-2014
“I just found a huge stash of food that can feed the entire town for months if carefully rationed. Let’s throw a party and eat it all right now!”

Freakin’ idiots. Deserve to starve to death. Preferably sooner rather than later.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 02:35 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
...
If they add ants they need this guy too. And his instant hole will allow escape from The Dome.

http://boingboing.net/2014/07/31/hum...caly-ante.html
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 03:08 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
“I just found a huge stash of food that can feed the entire town for months if carefully rationed. Let’s throw a party and eat it all right now!”
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. First the "writers" (seriously, that word needs to be in quotes; these guys are pros?) introduce a hoarder mcguffin to dispel the worry about gradual starvation (for awhile), then they completely negate it with a wasteful feast. Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.
mrvideo's Avatar mrvideo 04:11 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
then please quit watching shows so that we can get back to reasonable times...
rotflmao!
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 04:13 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
“I just found a huge stash of food that can feed the entire town for months if carefully rationed. Let’s throw a party and eat it all right now!”

Freakin’ idiots. Deserve to starve to death. Preferably sooner rather than later.
It's a set up for the upcoming cannibal twist ..
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 04:14 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
How can they keep running generators, cars, etc., and not be chocking to death? And don't tell me the fumes pass through the dome. The military fired a sub-nuclear bomb at it and that did nothing. But Carbon Monoxide passes right through?
Yes, it does. Next week's episode apparently deals with this very problem: the Dome gets clogged, preventing it from exchanging air with the outside world, and the residents of Chester's Mill are worried that they will suffocate.
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 04:17 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
But that brings me back to the smog conundrum: How can they keep running generators, cars, etc., and not be chocking to death? And don't tell me the fumes pass through the dome. The military fired a sub-nuclear bomb at it and that did nothing. But Carbon Monoxide passes right through?
I commented on that a while back .. to me, it's one of the deviations from the book that is just taking it too far ..
leebo's Avatar leebo 04:26 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
“I just found a huge stash of food that can feed the entire town for months if carefully rationed. Let’s throw a party and eat it all right now!”

Freakin’ idiots. Deserve to starve to death. Preferably sooner rather than later.
Well, since it's taken a full year in real time for two weeks of dome time, two months of food could last four years!

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
leebo's Avatar leebo 04:27 PM 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
The chinese finger trap is all you need to dispel that thought. Eggshell strength in the long-mode is another. Take an egg (the long way) and try to pinch it between your finger and thumb... it is near impossible... but you can easily puncture through the sides... and the finger trap easily falls off with a little pinch, but pull as hard as you want and it grips tighter.

The brute force bomb wasn't the way into the dome... but that doesn't mean it isn't a semi-permeable membrane that allows smaller things through.
You mean things like radiation and sound waves?


Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
First ... 61  62  63 64  65  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop