post #1891 of 1900 Old Today, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
“I just found a huge stash of food that can feed the entire town for months if carefully rationed. Let’s throw a party and eat it all right now!”
Freakin’ idiots. Deserve to starve to death. Preferably sooner rather than later.
No worse than...
"I know... lets compare blood samples to see if she's different" (Joel and the two dumb girls go to the lab- draw blood from newcomer girl and put it under a microscope) "well- what do you see?" "I have no idea- I'm out of my league... we need a scientist!"...
Well then why he heck did you suggest comparing blood samples in the first place if you have no clue about such procedures?
They have morphed Joel who was supposedly "the smart one" into probably the lease intelligent character on the show... and that's saying something!

I'll consider using Dome Logic next time I need to do an auto repair... "let's pull the engine to see what's wrong"... after pulling engine... "well, what's the problem?"... "I have no idea- I'm not a mechanic!"

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1900 Old Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Or, perhaps it's more like when you put corn starch into water: if you hit it suddenly and sharply, you can't penetrate it. You can even run across a large amount of it. However, if you gently push your hand into it, it will sink in easily.

Perhaps the dome is some sort of a non-Newtonian substance. So, explosions and sound waves bounce off, but vaporous materials pass easily through.

Probably radiation would get through, but the bomb that was aimed at the dome wasn't radioactive. It was just a really, really big explosive device.

Sound waves could be blocked due to the sharpness of the sound waves - it would be like tapping on the dome, which would resist it.
I think you'll find that the real answer is simply that the dome is magic. It decides what it wants to let through and what it doesn't. That gives the writers the ability to change the rules whenever they feel like it.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #1893 of 1900 Old Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
I think you'll find that the real answer is simply that the dome is magic. It decides what it wants to let through and what it doesn't. That gives the writers the ability to change the rules whenever they feel like it.
Yep, it's pointless to speculate on anything, really .. "Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat .. "

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1894 of 1900 Old Today, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
So Lost but without the suspense. But with the "let's not tell the others". Oh well. I should just be thankful they rarely do flashbacks.

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!
post #1895 of 1900 Old Today, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Oh, no doubt.

I was just trying to give the writers an out that had some real science behind it...

Just wait until Big Jim has to share a ceremonial cup of spring water from a secret cave to crown the new Monarch.... Perhaps it might turn out to be Nicki or Paulo....
post #1896 of 1900 Old Today, 10:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Or, perhaps it's more like when you put corn starch into water: if you hit it suddenly and sharply, you can't penetrate it. You can even run across a large amount of it. However, if you gently push your hand into it, it will sink in easily.

Perhaps the dome is some sort of a non-Newtonian substance. So, explosions and sound waves bounce off, but vaporous materials pass easily through.

Probably radiation would get through, but the bomb that was aimed at the dome wasn't radioactive. It was just a really, really big explosive device.

Sound waves could be blocked due to the sharpness of the sound waves - it would be like tapping on the dome, which would resist it.
You're waaaaay overthinking this.
post #1897 of 1900 Old Today, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
You're waaaaay overthinking this.
I think there's more thought and effort put into our posts here than the "writers" put into their Dome episodes
It's really getting ridiculous at this point... if for some reason the town needed 18 tons of plutonium next week, we'd learn that Chesters Mill was sitting on top of the mother lode of 99.9% pure plutonium just waiting to be hauled out.... because the dome wanted it!

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #1898 of 1900 Old Today, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Clearly the point of the tunnel is to setup up a spin-off "Under Under the Dome"
phildaant likes this.
post #1899 of 1900 Old Today, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Clearly the point of the tunnel is to setup up a spin-off "Under Under the Dome"
Holy franchise, Batman! Talk about peasants under glass!

phildaant likes this.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page