'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 1045Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,743
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
This show is terrible and I just watch it because basically nothing else is on. I was just wondering if I am the only one that is noticing that this show has some of the worst acting I have ever seen on a major network. Now it may be partly the terrible writing, but every time FiveHead's boyfriend Joe, Jr, Melanie or even Sam is on screen, I cringe at how awful it is.
tomhunter8 likes this.
sytech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I got a good laugh out of that too. That was just too funny.
This show loves comedic deaths (Maxine's mom, Angie, and now Phil who the writers turned into an ott villlain for some reason).
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,805
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
...I was just wondering if I am the only one that is noticing that this show has some of the worst acting I have ever seen on a major network. Now it may be partly the terrible writing, but every time FiveHead's boyfriend Joe, Jr, Melanie or even Sam is on screen, I cringe at how awful it is.
Yeah, the teen group is uber-dumb and the acting is horrible. Their dialog is pretty much on a 2nd or 3rd grade level so that makes it even worse...
phildaant, tomhunter8 and Machuran like this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
replayrob is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
reds75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Ratings are still pretty good ,especially for summer. It will be interesting to see what CBS decides to do, renew or cancel.
phildaant likes this.
reds75 is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnS-MI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
This show is terrible and I just watch it because basically nothing else is on. I was just wondering if I am the only one that is noticing that this show has some of the worst acting I have ever seen on a major network. Now it may be partly the terrible writing, but every time FiveHead's boyfriend Joe, Jr, Melanie or even Sam is on screen, I cringe at how awful it is.
Exactly. Please, God, don't renew it. Wrap in three.

If it's renewed, I'm not coming back next year. It gets dumber every week. Why can't I delete my season pass and skip the train wreck.
phildaant and tomhunter8 like this.
JohnS-MI is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds75 View Post
Ratings are still pretty good ,especially for summer. It will be interesting to see what CBS decides to do, renew or cancel.
I bet renewal if its viewership is still good.
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post
Exactly. Please, God, don't renew it. Wrap in three.

If it's renewed, I'm not coming back next year. It gets dumber every week. Why can't I delete my season pass and skip the train wreck.
Get a time machine and don't buy the season pass. :P
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
tawilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Theresa, NY
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The very first scene of the very first episode was enough to hook me for a couple years. They better repeat it or something like it soon though.
phildaant likes this.
tawilson is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post
The very first scene of the very first episode was enough to hook me for a couple years. They better repeat it or something like it soon though.
Egg hatching? What about Big Jim's bald head from a few episodes ago?
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
tawilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Theresa, NY
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Memory fails. It might have been the 3rd or 4th scene.
phildaant likes this.
tawilson is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post
Memory fails. It might have been the 3rd or 4th scene.
Which scene was it?
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
This show is terrible and I just watch it because basically nothing else is on. I was just wondering if I am the only one that is noticing that this show has some of the worst acting I have ever seen on a major network. Now it may be partly the terrible writing, but every time FiveHead's boyfriend Joe, Jr, Melanie or even Sam is on screen, I cringe at how awful it is.
Sams mom's acting was cringe worthy last night, i even spoke to my wife about it, just horrible
this show is turning out to be pretty bad, i love stephen king, but damn, this story is getting harder to stay interested in
tomhunter8 likes this.
5x10 is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3976 Post(s)
Liked: 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Egg hatching? What about Big Jim's bald head from a few episodes ago?


I'm so in for a season 3.
phildaant likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


I'm so in for a season 3.
His head should crack open to hatch an alien!
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 221
How does Jim keeps his head this clean shaven? since barber Lyle is now missing in limbo..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 27,384
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3866 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Sams mom's acting was cringe worthy last night, i even spoke to my wife about it, just horrible
this show is turning out to be pretty bad, i love stephen king, but damn, this story is getting harder to stay interested in
The actress was on the show for ER for a while. The first three years then left with two years left on her contract. Then came back in the early 2000's for I think five years and then left again. I guess the actress didn't like the grind of TV shows filming which I read involves many long days of shooting.. Of course she was also on the first season of NYPD Blue and left that show too instead of staying. So she has a habit of leaving popular Tv shows. So if Under the Dome continues she will probably leave before it finishes too.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,241
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3976 Post(s)
Liked: 8118
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
His head should crack open to hatch an alien!
Game over, man. Game over.




Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Game over, man. Game over.



http://youtu.be/P9FPuZ8DkDU
Awesome. I prefer Aliens' facehugger though!
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Yeah, the teen group is uber-dumb and the acting is horrible. Their dialog is pretty much on a 2nd or 3rd grade level so that makes it even worse...
It's either them bsing about the dome/egg protecting nonsense or them pointing out the obvious with stilted dialogue.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Sherry Stringfield is the Mom, also from ER, she started on NYPD Blue... Very sultry voice. She was also the voice-over person for Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Newport Beach for over 10 years.
Ray Lucca is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 27,384
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3866 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
Sherry Stringfield is the Mom, also from ER, she started on NYPD Blue... Very sultry voice. She was also the voice-over person for Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Newport Beach for over 10 years.
Yes it bugged me for a few episodes before I decided to look her up. I recognized the voice but I just could not place her. Of course she is much older than the last time I remember seeing her which is probably why I drew a blank. She will probabably try to leave UNder the Dome after this season and they will write her out. If they haven't done so already. She is certainly not the most reliable actress.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Still laughing at DJ Phil for jumping to his death.. poor guy..
It's probable that he jumped going forward and in the relative short distance managed turn himself around so he could be impaled face up perfectly centered on the stalagmite. Hated the guy but I have to give him style points.
Garrett Adams is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,544
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1472 Post(s)
Liked: 1179
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
This show is terrible and I just watch it because basically nothing else is on.
You take that back right now. This is the best show to ever grace your television screen. Where else can you see this on TV?





I think the writers are doubling down on us now and are trying to be as stupid as possible for our enjoyment. It's totally working, because the further this show flies off the rails, the more entertained I become. At the end of season 1, I was barely interested in going forward, and now I hope it gets another season, because if Under the Dome proves one thing, it's that hour-long comedies can work.
Aleron Ives is offline  
Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
You take that back right now. This is the best show to ever grace your television screen. Where else can you see this on TV?





I think the writers are doubling down on us now and are trying to be as stupid as possible for our enjoyment. It's totally working, because the further this show flies off the rails, the more entertained I become. At the end of season 1, I was barely interested in going forward, and now I hope it gets another season, because if Under the Dome proves one thing, it's that hour-long comedies can work.
This was probably the only thing about the episode that was entertaining though, the rest was just annoying characters going around saying bs like dome/egg this or that and much of S2 has been on that bs which makes it even more annoying than last season's bs.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
How does Jim keeps his head this clean shaven? since barber Lyle is now missing in limbo..
A person is perfectly capable of shaving their own head.

WilliamR is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
A person is perfectly capable of shaving their own head.
But knowing Big Jim he's the kind of person that likes to be shaved by a barber/somebody else... perhaps returnee wife will do it..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 27,384
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3866 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Lyle just might pop back up and give Big Jim a very close shave again.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 12,800
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 1774
I kinda dozed in and out, however, I seem to recall Big Jims wife lamenting "When will it all end" or some such .. which was the high point of last episode ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I kinda dozed in and out, however, I seem to recall Big Jims wife lamenting "When will it all end" or some such .. which was the high point of last episode ..
Probably her reaction to being on this show, no wonder she was screaming in agony. .
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 12,800
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 1774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Probably her reaction to being on this show, no wonder she was screaming in agony. .

I looked for a youtube clip but nothing turned up .. maybe it was all a dream ..
Machuran likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off