'Under the Dome' on CBS HD - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1053Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2014, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmarie View Post
Probably will be another season because CBS partnered with Amazon and I heard that CBS is not losing money on this show due to that partnership. So its a low risk investment for them to continue the joke of a story. Atleast no more science teacher.
She was only there to slap science on everything and since they failed to make a science vs belief argument and instead had people going around spouting egg/dome dialogue, there was no need for her, she was just another waste of time.

I wonder how long this series will drag out though.
Machuran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,040
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Liked: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmarie View Post
At least no more science teacher.
Yeah, but she was a real cutie.

I really loved it when Barbie extolled Joe and Nori to "not do anything stupid". Have they ever followed that advice? For that matter, has anyone?

Pretty underwhelming finale, with a bit more homicide than I would have predicted. Any official word from CBS on renewal?
archiguy is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Yeah, but she was a real cutie.

I really loved it when Barbie extolled Joe and Nori to "not do anything stupid". Have they ever followed that advice? For that matter, has anyone?

Pretty underwhelming finale, with a bit more homicide than I would have predicted. Any official word from CBS on renewal?
Barbie forgot what show he was in.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,976
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked: 9683
Quote of the episode:

"It's nothing but a giant killer suck-hole!"
-Norrie
slowbiscuit and Machuran like this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
Old 09-23-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 230
She also said that it was a dumb-dome
Machuran likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 12,094
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Obviously you've never heard of hate watching before. Besides, if you wanted to avoid any criticism of the show, you're more than welcome to find a fan site so you won't have to be bothered by us haters. .
Heard of and understand are completely different. I don't think anyone is bothered by criticism (of this show). I think it's more the need to belittle and being so far from feedback.
WilliamR likes this.

| 120" 16x9 Screen | Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 & AudioSource AMP110 | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 Server : LG 65EG9600 OLED TV | TiVo |
Charles R is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Charles O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, Arizona
Posts: 862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Bwaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaahaaaahaaaa!

Best recap ever!
http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-do...-141108821773/
joblo likes this.
Charles O is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Heard of and understand are completely different. I don't think anyone is bothered by criticism (of this show). I think it's more the need to belittle and being so far from feedback.
The whole point is to enjoy hating on it, I'm sorry if you're offended for fictional characters and laughable writing seeing as the writers themselves don't even seem to care that you feel 'belittled and being so far from feedback'.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dm145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 42
It will not be coming back for me since I deleted series last night!
phildaant and Machuran like this.
dm145 is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post
It will not be coming back for me since I deleted series last night!
And not long ago?
Machuran likes this.
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
And not long ago?
I don't blame him or her, S2 was just downright terrible even moreso than the trainwreck last season.
phildaant likes this.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 3,796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
I don't blame him or her, S2 was just downright terrible even moreso than the trainwreck last season.
Yeah, I had to give up after a couple episodes in season 2.
Machuran likes this.
phildaant is offline  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 12,976
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked: 9683
Everything's a nail when you're holding a hammer.


Machuran likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; 09-24-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Fix link
Waboman is online now  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Everything's a nail when you're holding a hammer.
Especially when you're in Chester's Mill, it's not like it makes any difference there. .
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,663
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmarie View Post
Atleast no more science teacher.
Take that back! How can we continue without her thrilling and insightful revelations? We would no longer have any idea what was going on without her invaluable input, such as, "By my calculations, it won't be long before the Dome crushes us." Behold! The awesome power of science!

Spoiler!


I can't believe she's gone. R.I.P. Rebecca the Science Teacher. Our only consolation is that season 3 (?!) may have an even wackier replacement for her.
aaronwt and garyalex67 like this.
Aleron Ives is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnS-MI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Everything's a nail when you're holding a hammer.


Well, some things are just coconuts that need cracking, evidently.
JohnS-MI is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 13,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Take that back! How can we continue without her thrilling and insightful revelations? We would no longer have any idea what was going on without her invaluable input, such as, "By my calculations, it won't be long before the Dome crushes us." Behold! The awesome power of science!
Poor Rebecca. An entire season in which she used Science! to save the townsfolk from dust, caterpillars and magnets but she couldn't even throw together an anti-hammer cranial protection device made from a pan, string and a towel to save herself.

That was Rebecca, always putting the wellbeing of others before herself and not trying to massacre them all in any way.


VisionOn is online now  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:35 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 28,950
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4751 Post(s)
Liked: 2804
Didn't Big Jim get shot in s similar spot where Julia got shot? So Jim should be perfectly fine and healed with in a day right? I certainly hope that CBS renews it for a third Season. I would like to see how much crazier Big Jim gets.
phildaant and Machuran like this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Didn't Big Jim get shot in s similar spot where Julia got shot? So Jim should be perfectly fine and healed with in a day right? I certainly hope that CBS renews it for a third Season. I would like to see how much crazier Big Jim gets.
Not to mention, he seemed fine enough to run after Jr with a stabbed foot and a gun shot wound to boot.
phildaant likes this.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,040
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Liked: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Not to mention, he seemed fine enough to run after Jr with a stabbed foot and a gun shot wound to boot.
Big Jim's fans expect him to play hurt. That's why he gets the big bucks.
archiguy is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,663
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
That was Rebecca, always putting the wellbeing of others before herself and not trying to massacre them all in any way.
When Pauline asked Rebecca to kill her, I immediately thought her next line should have been, "Just a second, I think I still have some swine flu around here somewhere..." Unfortunately, she decided to use a morphine overdose, instead. Psh.
Machuran likes this.
Aleron Ives is offline  
Old 09-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
When Pauline asked Rebecca to kill her, I immediately thought her next line should have been, "Just a second, I think I still have some swine flu around here somewhere..." Unfortunately, she decided to use a morphine overdose, instead. Psh.
Morphine that could've been used for the pain, but I guess she wanted out asap. .

'Poor' Rebecca, from Jim supporter trying to wipe off the townspeople to a Julia supporter who was suddenly supposed compassionate because of the pointless assisted suicide.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 6,134
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 455
C'mon people... you know the rules:

1. Don't tug on Superman's cape.
2. Don't spit into the wind.
3. Don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger.
4. Don't mess around with Jim.

It's right there in the song!
replayrob, Mark12547 and Machuran like this.

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
HDMe2 is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Member
 
garyalex67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
C'mon people... you know the rules:

1. Don't tug on Superman's cape.
2. Don't spit into the wind.
3. Don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger.
4. Don't mess around with Jim.

It's right there in the song!
You're right. You'll remember that when the dome tried freezing everyone, only Jim was unfazed, as was evident by his ability to shrug off temperatures low enough to shatter ambulance windows while wearing a light leather jacket. I will say that my admiration for him went up a notch after he whacked that loony science teacher. I swear, I think she was on drugs.
Machuran likes this.
garyalex67 is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
C'mon people... you know the rules:

1. Don't tug on Superman's cape.
2. Don't spit into the wind.
3. Don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger.
4. Don't mess around with Jim.

It's right there in the song!
Exactly, everyone who opposed Jim except Barbie and Julia who are the main leads, gets offed.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 5,025
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Its a MADHOUSE!


“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
replayrob is offline  
Old 09-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyalex67 View Post
You're right. You'll remember that when the dome tried freezing everyone, only Jim was unfazed, as was evident by his ability to shrug off temperatures low enough to shatter ambulance windows while wearing a light leather jacket. I will say that my admiration for him went up a notch after he whacked that loony science teacher. I swear, I think she was on drugs.
Practically the only highlight is them getting rid of annoying characters.
replayrob likes this.
Machuran is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 5,025
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
Practically the only highlight is them getting rid of annoying characters.
Well, there's always that!
Can't wait to see the new crop of losers they bring in next season. Or to be PC.. others whom were always there but we haven't seen yet....
Machuran likes this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
replayrob is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,040
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Liked: 2895
Folks, I don't think there's going to be a next season. Could be wrong, but that's what I heard. OTOH, things change in this business. CBS may feel like UtD is profitable enough for them to dredge it back up next summer. Which will make the reviewers at TV.com very happy, I suspect.
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is offline  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Well, there's always that!
Can't wait to see the new crop of losers they bring in next season. Or to be PC.. others whom were always there but we haven't seen yet....
Yeah, I just hate the pointless melodrama of them trying to put them in danger, like we're supposed to care about these morons.
Machuran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off