Forum Jump: 
 195Likes

post #571 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 43
It would be quite funny if the shot him walking into the bathroom then to the clock and 3m later at the end of the commercials had him coming out!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
phildaant, gprace and hooked01 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 674
And Chloe could ask him, "Feel better?" Jack could reply, "Dammit Chloe - I was running out of time!"
phildaant and gprace like this.
post #573 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
It would be quite funny if the shot him walking into the bathroom then to the clock and 3m later at the end of the commercials had him coming out!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
Same for eating. In the end of the 24th hour, show him "OK, I need some sleep!"
post #574 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
Take it a step further. Jack goes in, as you say, then return from the commercial with Chloe waiting outside with her usual frown...

Chloe: Jack! Jack!

Jack: Dammit, Chloe! Were talkin' years! Years! So back off!

Clock ticking and cut to another commercial break.

Last edited by Aliens; 07-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.
post #575 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Blowing off Navarro and walking away would've been a great time for a shot of Bauer kickin' in the mens room door as he took that call. Jack's either carrying a "bag" or he has a 5-gallon bladder...
phildaant likes this.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #576 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Like the cross-country astronaut chick: Depends.
post #577 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Chloe overpowers armed guys in a truck and escapes.
They were already in a weakened state from extended exposure to her withering stare.
taxman48 and phildaant like this.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #578 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Like the cross-country astronaut chick: Depends.
They are called Jack Slacks
post #579 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
I think we are forgetting. Chloe can kick ass when she wants to. Especially if someone smudges her eyeliner.

While looking for that image I also found this little amusing nugget.

When Chloe is furiously punching the keyboard, are you really typing? Or are you just pounding on it?
I’m really not good at computers in real life, so what I’m really typing are affirmations. Whenever something serious is happening, it’s, “You look really pretty today, Mary Lynn.” “You’re doing a really good job acting.” “Keep up the good work.” “Don’t take Kiefer’s intensity so personally. He’s just acting. He likes you.”

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/mary-...day-chloe.html

And if anyone is in Atlanta this weekend Rajskub is performing at the Laughing Skull Lounge. People forget that she is actually funny in real life.
CruelInventions and phildaant like this.

post #580 of 725 Old 07-10-2014, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I think we are forgetting. Chloe can kick ass when she wants to. Especially if someone smudges her eyeliner.

While looking for that image I also found this little amusing nugget.

When Chloe is furiously punching the keyboard, are you really typing? Or are you just pounding on it?
I’m really not good at computers in real life, so what I’m really typing are affirmations. Whenever something serious is happening, it’s, “You look really pretty today, Mary Lynn.” “You’re doing a really good job acting.” “Keep up the good work.” “Don’t take Kiefer’s intensity so personally. He’s just acting. He likes you.”

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/mary-...day-chloe.html

And if anyone is in Atlanta this weekend Rajskub is performing at the Laughing Skull Lounge. People forget that she is actually funny in real life.
People really think I am abusing my clicky keyboards that drive them nuts esp(ecially) at work. See http://aqfl.net/node/5825 for the details. Chloe rocks!
post #581 of 725 Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have yet to see any of her stand-up routine, but prior to 24 I saw her in a few TV commercials, so I knew she was a comic. And with that trademark "scowl", it IS easy to forget she's quite funny. Probably scares her husband with those "dagger eyes".

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #582 of 725 Old 07-11-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 208
fun fact - she auditioned for the role of Pam on The Office. in fact here is her name on the sign in sheet:

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #583 of 725 Old 07-11-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
They were already in a weakened state from extended exposure to her [Chloe's] withering stare.
ROFl! It's a tossup which I enjoy more, the show or the sanrky comments here about the show.
post #584 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I thought that was a good finale.

Heller's speech at the end was one of the entire series' most poignant moments and makes you think about what is ultimately worse for oneself: loss of a loved one or not remembering that loved one at all?

The ship raid was nicely done and almost on par with the raid on Victor Drazen. I just would have liked to see Cheng Zhi get roughed up a little more before losing his cool... I mean head.
phildaant likes this.
post #585 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Knew once Audrey was a goner that Jack was going to go ballistic and he did. But the final ending was unsatisfying to me. Been down this road before where he is going to be tortured by a government who took him. I thought they would have made the finale more final by Jack taking down the helicopter with a suicide bomb or something like that. Obviously leaving it open for more shows. If they wanted to do that, then just have Jack go on his way without the same finale as last time.
phildaant likes this.
post #586 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post
Knew once Audrey was a goner that Jack was going to go ballistic and he did. But the final ending was unsatisfying to me. Been down this road before where he is going to be tortured by a government who took him. I thought they would have made the finale more final by Jack taking down the helicopter with a suicide bomb or something like that. Obviously leaving it open for more shows. If they wanted to do that, then just have Jack go on his way without the same finale as last time.
On the plus side, a season set in Russia has the potential to be lots of fun. And since Jack hardly ever eats, we will be spared of having to see their customary cuisine.

I just hope that Jack does not get a hold of Edward Snowden. The results would be far too graphic for network television.
phildaant likes this.
post #587 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow. What a quick ending. It was too ! I felt cold from that scene! Jack was going to suicide before he went on a shooting rampage? Nuts. RIP, Audrey. Poor President Heller (ouch). I guess we might get another season in Russia? Will Chloe be back too? Haha. I like this shorten season. Let's do a movie, Fox!
post #588 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Jack just can't catch a break. Instead of chillin' poolside, sipping on Mai Tais after saving the world again. The girl he loved is killed and he's on his way to a hole in Moscow.
phildaant and rcapprotti like this.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #589 of 725 Old 07-14-2014, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I liked the finale except for the very final scene which I found very anticlimatic. Never did care for Audrey, maybe it's the actress, for I didn't like her Grey's Anatomy character either. But I did like Heller's remarks about his daughter's death and his health condition--very sad...

I know we have to suspend our disbelief to really enjoy this show but I found the "instant" intelligence of the Russians and Chang too much. The Ruskies knew where Chloe was and just happened to have a team there? Chang knew where Audrey's meet was and happened to get a sniper (or two!) in position. Chang was leaving on a slow boat to China (?) just disable it with the drones (ironic eh?) and send in the SEALS. Jack goes BEAST mode on Chang and the chronies (much like with Dennis Hopper Season 1) but calmly boards the chopper resigned to live a life of hell? I wanted to see the helicopter wobble a bit in flight, see bodies drop into the Channel, and see the final shot of the chopper zooming past the camera with Jack at the stick...
phildaant, John dhein and psgcdn like this.
post #590 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post
I thought that was a good finale.

Heller's speech at the end was one of the entire series' most poignant moments and makes you think about what is ultimately worse for oneself: loss of a loved one or not remembering that loved one at all?
For a second I thought I was in the Shutter Island thread here...

...that was a great finale but very frustrating!!! They left too much open to be a satisfying ending. The show definitely needs another season. For all the things Jack have done for his country (and the world!) ending it like this makes no sense. I'm hoping, and guessing we'll have 10th season annouced sometime this summer... Bring Tony back too...
post #591 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Yea this finale was such a joy kill. It was a very good season overall, lots of fun and minimal filler diversions.

But man nobody gets a happy ending. I realize a main part of Jack's character is that he never gets a rest and his work is never done. So for him to have a happy bow wouldn't be the right ending.

I thought Day 8's finale was a great way to end the show. We were still being promised a feature length film then and the show's finale was a great jumping off point. And even if they didn't make the movie the bad guys were punished and Jack was free to pursue a new life elsewhere. You could imagine him anyway you wanted.

But now:

Spoiler!
gwsat, phildaant and psgcdn like this.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
post #592 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
For a second I thought I was in the Shutter Island thread here...

...that was a great finale but very frustrating!!! They left too much open to be a satisfying ending. The show definitely needs another season. For all the things Jack have done for his country (and the world!) ending it like this makes no sense. I'm hoping, and guessing we'll have 10th season annouced sometime this summer... Bring Tony back too...
We will learn a little bit about Tony there's going to be a bonus scene included in the Blu-ray edition of season nine. They're supposed to be a scene about Tony. I agree with you Morphen about being frustrated at the end of this final for a guy who has done so much for his Country to end this season not knowing what jacks Ultimate fate is going to be left me a little bit frustrated. Remember when Pres. Heller then Secretary of State Heller told Jack he was cursed boy was he right. If they do another season I hope they give Jack real closure
phildaant likes this.
post #593 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 103
No need for spoilers when the episode has aired for hours now...

What was the silent clock for at the end? Audrey already got hers when she died, I guess it's for Heller's mind? or maybe the show's?
JoeTiVo and phildaant like this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #594 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

They did a silent clock at the end of Day 6, when Heller said Jack causes a catastophe every time he gets near his family and to please stay away.
phildaant likes this.

My HTPC front end set up
post #595 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I was a bit dissatisfied as well. I wish there was more of a verbal confrontation between Jack and Cheng before Jack lost his cool and Cheng lost his head.
phildaant likes this.
post #596 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
They did a silent clock at the end of Day 6, when Heller said Jack causes a catastophe every time he gets near his family and to please stay away.
Also at the end of season 2
phildaant likes this.
post #597 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Jack at his best on the ship, including a left hand kill shot and knife throw. Cheng gave Jack a surprising battle before Jack went Michonne on him. Help me out here, why do the Russkies want Jack, Season 8?? I can't remember.
Do it again next year and bring back Chloe, Kate, and Tony....
phildaant likes this.
post #598 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
Help me out here, why do the Russkies want Jack, Season 8?? I can't remember.
Creative use of a fire poker, among other dead diplomats at their embassy in New York.
phildaant likes this.

My HTPC front end set up

Last edited by pittsoccer33; 07-15-2014 at 08:57 AM.
post #599 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Great finale, was hoping the copter blew up or Jack took it over.. did the Russians search him? I guess CIA thought the sniper was alone, otherwise they could have thrown a vest on Audrey.. Glad that Cheng got his, guess Jack is a big fan of Game of Thrones.. Hope that the movie is a "go" ..Thanks Keifer for a great day..

post #600 of 725 Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A great finale. But, I was left wondering, what happened with the override device. I also wondered about that wry smile he flashed to Cloe. He wasn't even bound on the helicopter. Just hopped in and took a seat.
phildaant likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page