ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM
R11
AVS Special Member
 
R11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 4,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 55

I watched the special, "Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe" that they aired in SHIELD's slot on Tuesday and thought it was pretty well done.  For people who are full on, gung ho comic fans it's probably nothing new, but it was interesting hearing how the studio came into existence and how they went about creating and expanding their interconnected movie/TV/internet universe.  Apparently more than 30 writers turned down offers to do the first Ironman...  Of course the latter segments about the upcoming movies could be seen as promos but they were done in the same flow of the overall show.  They spent some time on each movie they've made explaining what their focus and challenges were, with interviews with directors/actors talking about their experiences making them, and had segments on the One Shot shorts they have done and Agents of Shield as well.  Nicely edited with lots of behind the scenes type stuff and a bunch of video from the movies/shows.  Looks like it repeats on Saturday night.

 

 

ron

bpeacock22 likes this.
R11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Ron -- Thanks a lot for the heads up about the Marvel Studios special. I missed it when it first ran but have now set it up to record on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks again!
gwsat is offline  
post #723 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
mike1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Yes, thanks for that heads up. I too forgot to set the dvr, but have it scheduled for Saturday's rerun!
mike1812 is offline  
post #724 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I saw the special, and it felt like one of those DVD documentary bonus features that comes with many movies. I wonder if it was made for the SHIELD season 1 box set, or if it's a bonus feature from a future movie release.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #725 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 1,700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 116

I thought it served two purposes. First it was very informative about the Marvel Studios enterprise and how all the pieces fit together, and secondly as the worlds longest commercial. A brilliant move! Also I haven't seen The Avengers yet so it helped me gain a little more backstory.

Garrett Adams is offline  
post #726 of 1561 Old 03-20-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I'm pretty sure there are infomercials that are longer. biggrin.gif I haven't watched any of the movies, so I thought the propaganda was pretty amusing.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #727 of 1561 Old 03-21-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I thought it served two purposes. First it was very informative about the Marvel Studios enterprise and how all the pieces fit together, and secondly as the worlds longest commercial. A brilliant move! Also I haven't seen The Avengers yet so it helped me gain a little more backstory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I'm pretty sure there are infomercials that are longer. biggrin.gif I haven't watched any of the movies, so I thought the propaganda was pretty amusing.

The Avengers is one of the best superhero movies ever made. By all means watch it, you won't regret it. Thor 2 is a decent film but in my estimation is not in the same world as The Avengers.
gwsat is offline  
post #728 of 1561 Old 03-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
tezster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 59
This show's saving grace is its tie-in with the Marvel universe, and obviously, the films from which they can poach guest stars and plot devices. It's really quite a smart move, actually, and is really the only reason I watch it.
bpeacock22 likes this.
tezster is online now  
post #729 of 1561 Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

This show's saving grace is its tie-in with the Marvel universe, and obviously, the films from which they can poach guest stars and plot devices. It's really quite a smart move, actually, and is really the only reason I watch it.

Yeah, but that also hurts it in my opinion because while they have the obvious tie in, for whatever lame reason they decided to ignore mutant heroes like X-mean and such and focus solely on super heroes that get their powers through technology or alien source. They are missing a huge part of the universe.

WilliamR is offline  
post #730 of 1561 Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Yeah, but that also hurts it in my opinion because while they have the obvious tie in, for whatever lame reason they decided to ignore mutant heroes like X-mean and such and focus solely on super heroes that get their powers through technology or alien source. They are missing a huge part of the universe.

X-Men aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fox has them.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is offline  
post #731 of 1561 Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Westly-C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Techno World
Posts: 3,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

This show's saving grace is its tie-in with the Marvel universe, and obviously, the films from which they can poach guest stars and plot devices. It's really quite a smart move, actually, and is really the only reason I watch it.

Yeah, but that also hurts it in my opinion because while they have the obvious tie in, for whatever lame reason they decided to ignore mutant heroes like X-mean and such and focus solely on super heroes that get their powers through technology or alien source. They are missing a huge part of the universe.


Well, the reason isn't really lame...20th Century Fox has the Marvel mutant collective under license, meaning that most of the X-characters can't appear in films produced outside of Fox. An exception has somehow been worked out for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch-Magneto's kids (for those who wouldn't know) to apear in Avengers 2.

Fox even sued Marvel over the Tribune produced syndicated Mutant X, forcing the show to use 'New Mutant' in dialog rather than just plain mutant, to differentiate the show as a separate enitity apart from established mutant lore.


Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Westly-C is offline  
post #732 of 1561 Old 03-22-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

X-Men aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fox has them.

X-men are part of the MARVEL universe. Shame that Fox owns the rights to show them and refuses to let anyone ever use anything regarding them. A stupid mistake from Marvel's part and hampers future cross tie ins. Same goes for Spiderman. A HUGE mistake, especially with all the ties in with his role in the Avengers.

WilliamR is offline  
post #733 of 1561 Old 03-22-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

X-men are part of the MARVEL universe.

But not the Marvel CINEMATIC Universe, as I said.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is offline  
post #734 of 1561 Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

X-men are part of the MARVEL universe. Shame that Fox owns the rights to show them and refuses to let anyone ever use anything regarding them. A stupid mistake from Marvel's part and hampers future cross tie ins. Same goes for Spiderman. A HUGE mistake, especially with all the ties in with his role in the Avengers.

That's a hard argument to make... that it is a "huge mistake"...

At the time FOX obtained the rights they obtained, and Sony as well, Marvel Studios didn't exist and Disney didn't own Marvel. Marvel was still in bankruptcy actually... I believe it was the first Spider-Man movie (Toby one) that finally got them out of the red!

Without FOX and those X-Men movies, or Sony and those Spidey movies... Marvel wouldn't have been a solvent company or had the cash to consider doing these other movies themselves... and then they became attractive to Disney as a result of those pre-Marvel-Studios movies too... Disney didn't try to buy Marvel when they could have had them for a song during bankruptcy... Disney bought Marvel after they were beginning to roll in movie cash... thanks to those early movie successes.

So, yes... it hampers them a bit now... but without FOX/Sony and those early deals... we wouldn't have anything else that we have now. Marvel was happy to make those deals back in the day and never dreamed it would pan out like it has now.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #735 of 1561 Old 03-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
chestnu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
As a self proclaimed expert on the marvel movie rights I don't think I could of said it better myself HDMe2. As for the rights to Spider-man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-men I think of it only as a matter of time until the rights come back to Marvel. In order to hold on to the rights Fox and Sony still have to keep making movies within a certain time frame. I feel that it is only a matter of time until the general audience gets tired of superhero movies(especially ones that aren't as good as ones made by Marvel studios) and stop paying to see them. When that happens the rights will be allowed to lapse and return to Marvel or be bought back for a reasonable price. Heck with all the issues and delays surrounding the fantastic four reboot at Fox, and the deadline to make the movie fast approaching we might see the fantastic four revert back sooner than later.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
chestnu1 is offline  
post #736 of 1561 Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokilarry View Post

I always thought that The Avengers was Joss Whedon's love letter to fans.

Best review I've seen for the film, and you did it in one sentence!

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #737 of 1561 Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

That's a hard argument to make... that it is a "huge mistake"...

At the time FOX obtained the rights they obtained, and Sony as well, Marvel Studios didn't exist and Disney didn't own Marvel. Marvel was still in bankruptcy actually... I believe it was the first Spider-Man movie (Toby one) that finally got them out of the red!

Without FOX and those X-Men movies, or Sony and those Spidey movies... Marvel wouldn't have been a solvent company or had the cash to consider doing these other movies themselves... and then they became attractive to Disney as a result of those pre-Marvel-Studios movies too... Disney didn't try to buy Marvel when they could have had them for a song during bankruptcy... Disney bought Marvel after they were beginning to roll in movie cash... thanks to those early movie successes.

So, yes... it hampers them a bit now... but without FOX/Sony and those early deals... we wouldn't have anything else that we have now. Marvel was happy to make those deals back in the day and never dreamed it would pan out like it has now.

They could of done it themselves as they have proven in al their existing movies but even if they couldn't make the movie, it was a huge mistake to give them the rights to do what they want without anything in the agreement that would allow them to use them/reference them or something. I guess no one was forward thinking at that time.

WilliamR is offline  
post #738 of 1561 Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

They could of done it themselves as they have proven in al their existing movies but even if they couldn't make the movie, it was a huge mistake to give them the rights to do what they want without anything in the agreement that would allow them to use them/reference them or something. I guess no one was forward thinking at that time.

It seems that when Marvel cut the deals with Fox and Sony they were not in the movie making business and not in any shape to even try. Also, Super Hero movies were hit and miss at that time. Especially the Marvel heros. Batman and Superman (DC) had successful franchises, but not Marvel. As was stated previously, the success of Spiderman and X-Men gave Marvel the resources and motivation to build out its own movie empire.
hooked01 is offline  
post #739 of 1561 Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

They could of done it themselves as they have proven in al their existing movies but even if they couldn't make the movie, it was a huge mistake to give them the rights to do what they want without anything in the agreement that would allow them to use them/reference them or something. I guess no one was forward thinking at that time.

You're forgetting the key components of the time in which those deals were made:

1. Marvel was in bankruptcy... actually, I think it was double-secret bankruptcy. Seriously, Marvel was in BAD financial shape.
2. Nobody knew if anyone could make the kind of successful Marvel hero movies that they ended up making.

Truth be told...

Blade is the movie that got the ball rolling. Blade was made on a low budget and did great numbers... this got FOX tempted to buy Daredevil, FF, and X-Men movie rights. Sony was tempted and bought Spider-Man rights. Daredevil was not horrible, but it was not a huge success... Elektra was not either. FF was moderately successful but no one was raving about how great they were.

X-Men hit big. Spider-Man hit big... the sequels to those did well too... and THEN, only then, was Marvel starting to be on the positive side of cash. Seriously, had those movies tanked, those deals would have crumbled and Marvel would have the rights back and no money to make any movies and nobody (aside from comic fans) would have cared.

Marvel made money... they liked it... They started making other deals... Disney liked the money too, and so they bought Marvel... and then things started to snowball... and then Disney/Marvel wished they had the rights back and started trying to negotiate that.

IF Marvel made these deals today, then yes... it would be a bad deal... but at the time they made them, there was no other deal to be made. Marvel needed money and couldn't have hoped for the success that followed. Marvel just wanted to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Now they have to live with those early deals until the rights revert or they can buy the rights back.

Unquestioningly, though, without those deals... we wouldn't have anything today.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #740 of 1561 Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

You're forgetting the key components of the time in which those deals were made:

1. Marvel was in bankruptcy... actually, I think it was double-secret bankruptcy. Seriously, Marvel was in BAD financial shape.
2. Nobody knew if anyone could make the kind of successful Marvel hero movies that they ended up making.

Truth be told...

Blade is the movie that got the ball rolling. Blade was made on a low budget and did great numbers... this got FOX tempted to buy Daredevil, FF, and X-Men movie rights. Sony was tempted and bought Spider-Man rights. Daredevil was not horrible, but it was not a huge success... Elektra was not either. FF was moderately successful but no one was raving about how great they were.

X-Men hit big. Spider-Man hit big... the sequels to those did well too... and THEN, only then, was Marvel starting to be on the positive side of cash. Seriously, had those movies tanked, those deals would have crumbled and Marvel would have the rights back and no money to make any movies and nobody (aside from comic fans) would have cared.

Marvel made money... they liked it... They started making other deals... Disney liked the money too, and so they bought Marvel... and then things started to snowball... and then Disney/Marvel wished they had the rights back and started trying to negotiate that.

IF Marvel made these deals today, then yes... it would be a bad deal... but at the time they made them, there was no other deal to be made. Marvel needed money and couldn't have hoped for the success that followed. Marvel just wanted to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Now they have to live with those early deals until the rights revert or they can buy the rights back.

Unquestioningly, though, without those deals... we wouldn't have anything today.

I forgot they were in bankruptcy not so long ago. Wow have times changed,

WilliamR is offline  
post #741 of 1561 Old 03-25-2014, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Stoney Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well the comics are still doing poorly. I think if you sell 70,000 copies a month a book is successful. That used to get you cancelled in the 80s
Stoney Jackson is offline  
post #742 of 1561 Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bonscott87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wilds of West Michigan
Posts: 3,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

Well the comics are still doing poorly. I think if you sell 70,000 copies a month a book is successful. That used to get you cancelled in the 80s

 

Yep.  Comics are mostly digital these days as I understand it from a friend that still reads.


Scott
bonscott87 is offline  
post #743 of 1561 Old 03-25-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

Well the comics are still doing poorly. I think if you sell 70,000 copies a month a book is successful. That used to get you cancelled in the 80s

Yep. I pop my head in to look at numbers every once in a while... and what are touted as "great sellers" these days would have been on the verge of cancellation not so long ago. The comic business alone is on really thin ice right now.

Marvel, and I suspect DC is moving that way now, made a decision that they consider their marketing, licensing, movies, etc. as their place to make money... and use the comics to retain trademarks and copyrights and to "advertise" characters for the movies and TV and toys and stuff. Instead of the comics being the main thing, they are the afterthought.

That doesn't mean some good comics aren't being published. Some good stuff is coming out regularly from the big companies and the little ones... but the big companies no longer care if their titles sell highly IF they have an alternative revenue stream for the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Yep.  Comics are mostly digital these days as I understand it from a friend that still reads.

Not true. I forget the numbers, but last I remember seeing them I was seeing something like maybe 15-20% increase due to digital sales... which would translate to 15,000 digital readers for every 70,000 printed copies. My numbers could be a little off as I haven't checked in a while.

Digital has been slowly growing, but it has not in any way overtaken print sales.

IF that day comes, you can bet the big companies would jump right off the printed sales in a heartbeat... because the big companies are making more per digital sale than they do per printed-copy sale... so IF they ever thing they can get as much or more via digital as print, they would love to end the printed media situation.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #744 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Roger Lococco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
'Agents of SHIELD' casts Amy Acker as Coulson's love interest, the cellist


By Terri Schwartz



March 26, 2014 3:05 PM ET



Get ready for the best "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" news you've heard all week: Amy Acker has been cast as Phil Coulson's former flame, the cellist.



TV Line reveals the former "Dollhouse" star will make her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut as Audrey, a woman Coulson was dating prior to his death in "The Avengers." "The cellist" has been mentioned several times this season, but never once had we imagined the show would actually incorporate her into the storyline.



According to a brief synopsis about Acker's character, Audrey is "a talented musician turning heads in Portland" who "believes Coulson to be dead and has no idea that he's guarding her from a distance as a super-powered threat from her past re-emerges."



Based on that, it seems like "Agents of SHIELD" might be taking a break from its serialized storyline to send Coulson on a personal mission. But maybe Audrey is more than she seems, and is secretly Skye's mother -- or the Clairvoyant!




There are many Whedon regulars who fans have been hoping would pop up in "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD," and Acker is high up on the list. She's currently been a delight on CBS's "Person of Interest" as Root, and previously worked with Clark Gregg on Joss Whedon's latest directorial effort, "Much Ado About Nothing." No word yet on when her first episode will air.




"Agents of SHIELD" airs Tuesdays on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Roger Lococco is offline  
post #745 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

'
"Agents of SHIELD" airs occasionally on Tuesdays on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
I fixed that for you....wink.gif

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is offline  
post #746 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Say it with me now....

AmyAckerAmyAckerAmyAcker!

I don't know why that's so much fun, but it is. smile.gif

Wonder if she'll be keeping her regular gig on 'Person of Interest'? I don't watch that show but I have no doubt she's good in it.
archiguy is online now  
post #747 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I'm all for Amy Acker joining the cast, but when exactly is she slated to appear? I would think that the first season's episodes are finished by now, and if Agents of A.W.O.L. doesn't get renewed, we may never see her...
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #748 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 77
She was cute on Angel but that was what, 10 years ago?
wco81 is offline  
post #749 of 1561 Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vfxproducer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I'm all for Amy Acker joining the cast, but when exactly is she slated to appear? I would think that the first season's episodes are finished by now, and if Agents of A.W.O.L. doesn't get renewed, we may never see her...

Nope. Not done filming for the season yet: According to her Twitter post, today is the first day of filming for the season finale.
vfxproducer is offline  
post #750 of 1561 Old 03-28-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 161
She's talking about a different series on Twitter. Her episode of SHIELD is 1.19 according to IMDB, and it's already filmed.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off