AVS Special Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I've been trying to formulate my opinion on the last couple of shows.
I really really want to like this show mainly because of the Joss Wedon connection but I'm getting disappointed.
I'm finding there is some bad storytelling including extended exposition, cartoonish characters, and actions that seem only to advance the plot rather than make sense from a character perspective.
1. Coulson: I am not buying his strange anger especially towards May. Geez, they are spies. The fact that someone is spying on him is going to freak him out? Would be hard to do your job if that was the case -- unless the meltdown is ala Gene Hackman in The Conversation. The acting is a little odd too. He is basically just raising his voice without much else. You have Hydra all over the place and you are in a supposedly secret place and yet you are doing nothing to make it secure. Also, if Coulson is really bothered by May, wouldn't that tell him that he might not be able to trust anyone? I get the "have to save my girlfriend" business but taking almost your entire team away in such a fragile situation seems rash.
2. Garrett: He is basically become a smirking stereotypical bad guy. Can't wait for the bwahahaha.
3. Ward/Hand etc. As I said before, that whole thing didn't fly. Ward was way too anxious to go with Garrett. Why would anyone let him go or not be suspicious? Why would Hand suddenly ask Ward to shoot Garrett? All to convenient.
4. Fitz/Simmons: Too much distracting things given all the crap that's going on. Fitz is going to fall in love now? I liked it better when he started crying.
5. Patton Oswald: The whole lie detector thing was a joke though I really liked some of the questions: What's the difference between an egg and a rock? etc
I'm just not feeling it. Seems like it has to go on a path and everything/everyone is being forced there.
Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC