ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1381 of 1403 Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Clark Gregg gave an interview recently (Unfortunately I can't find the article now but when I do I'll post the link), and stated that next season will carry on like the last third of season 1. It will be a little darker, and "lo-fi" since they're rebuilding SHIELD from the ground up. The bottom line is we should expect a consistency with how the season ended, which is a good thing. Some I believe were concerned that wouldn't be the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1403 Old 06-06-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 297
I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm encouraged by the news.
post #1383 of 1403 Old 06-06-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Me too. I really like the show, like the characters, like the Whedonesque humor and clever quips, and like the new direction it's taken. They needed to make more of a connection with the movie universe. Will look forward to its return.
post #1384 of 1403 Old 06-09-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Finally got around to watching the final 7 episodes of Season 1. I still ended up skipping the five episodes after December, and only started from episode 16 "End of the Beginning" on suggestions from users in this thread. I also only watched because Captain America 2 was so good, and I wanted to see how that would play out in the SHIELD universe.

I think the change was good for the show. The first few episodes of Season 1 were "freak of the week" and it got stale. Having a season goal was good for the show, and I'm glad it got picked up and I'll probably be back for season 2. Doubt I'll be going back and watching those missing 5 episodes though, so I'll hit up an episode recap.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1385 of 1403 Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Me too. I really like the show, like the characters, like the Whedonesque humor and clever quips, and like the new direction it's taken. They needed to make more of a connection with the movie universe. Will look forward to its return.
Although I kind of like Phil Coulson, he might be a decent guy if not for some of the crappy stuff he's done "under orders". He may create a SHIELD that is better then the previous one. I sympathize with Jane Foster and I'm still upset with Agent Coulson for taking her research in the first Thor movie!!!!!!!! Would the new SHIELD do that? Would Phil Coulson do that? Would the new Agent Coulson do that?

Let's say I had an engineering company that made stuff, and the research department made a great new discovery. If a pre Capt' Winter Soldier SHIELD agent walked into my company I'd rather destroy that research than let them have it, just based on what they did to Jane!!! Right now I don't trust SHIELD and I'm on the fence about Phil Coulson and I don't trust the old Agent Coulson.

Is there a group of folks in the MCU I trust? Maybe Thor a bit and Jane and her "crew" (Eric, Darcy), Tony-not really, Pepper-yeah sort of, Bruce Banner-yeah, Black Widow-no, Hawk-not sure (we don't know him well) but generally no, Steve Rogers-yes.

So I'm looking forward to what the new SHIELD with be like. I haven't trusted SHIELD since Thor so will I trust the new one? I didn't trust Agent Coulson in Thor but he really seems like he might be a decent fellow...except for maybe those side effects we saw at the end of AOS. I'm rooting for him. I'm not too sure yet about the rest of Coulsons team, we'll have to see.
post #1386 of 1403 Old 06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post
The whole "anti- S.H.I.E.L.D." concept makes complete sense, to me.

Think about it: Large, multi-national, anonymous government agency with unbounded capacity to literally do whatever they want, no matter what the law says? Scares the hell out of me. I think they're doing a good job with this show not portraying S.H.I.E.L.D. as inherently "good", because they do some questionable things. Detaining citizens without due process? Yeah, not cool.

While it's easy to see it from their point of view, like in this last episode where if hacker guy DOESN'T sell secrets, then that guy doesn't get kidnapped, at the end of the day the asian guy ended up turning bad anyway, and S.H.I.E.L.D. ends up killing him. So now they're murderers, too.

It's easy to see why they're not 100% benevolent. Sure, they (at least try to) protect me from aliens and supervillains, but they'll violate my rights to do it.
Going back and re-reading what I said earlier in the season, you could almost see the seeds of HYDRA being planted at the beginning. SHIELD has always been questionable, and now we know that it becomes their downfall.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1387 of 1403 Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Arrogance in a Government Agency? Who would have thunk it!
post #1388 of 1403 Old 06-16-2014, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

Could the ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Appear in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’?

This is good...B.J. Britt (Agent Triplett from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) have all been spotted on set, in costume. http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age...agents-shield/

This one is awesome fans should read it for sure, we've discussed a lot of this here already,13 Big Questions For The Future of ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’, http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shie...ale-explained/

These are pretty good
http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-blue-alien-kree/
http://screenrant.com/inhumans-mutan...atic-universe/
http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shie...ew-discussion/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5324781.html

I picked my favorite to share but there are A bunch of articles here,

http://screenrant.com/tag/agents-of-shield/

and here

http://screenrant.com/search.php?cx=...ield&sa=Search

Cheers!
Wytchone likes this.
post #1389 of 1403 Old 07-04-2014, 04:48 PM

Teasing Season 2
"The Season 1 finale of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." saw the world of espionage turned on its head as acting director Nick Fury left his position and instated Phil Coulson as his successor. Now, Season 2 of the series is just a few months away and the series writers are assembling to begin mapping out the story (check out a teaser photo below!). Director Coulson himself, Clark Gregg, has a few teases of his own for the upcoming episodes.

"He’s a very different Coulson than the guy who everyone knew," Gregg told IGN. "A lot of people who knew him in the old days say, 'He's different.' I think you would have to be different having gone through that stuff. So I think he's reinventing himself and re-understanding himself as a person anyway, which is probably really necessary to taking in the new environment and figuring out what SHIELD ought to be in a way that it doesn't get rotten again....So we go from having no SHIELD at all, with a director on the run, to a tiny Guerrilla SHIELD with Agent Coulson at its head, and maybe not in his own right head. That sounds fun. That sounds like an interesting Season 2."

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on ABC. It also stars Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker and Ming-Na Wen.
Read more: Clark Gregg Teases Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnew...#ixzz36Xx1L32K

post #1390 of 1403 Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 PM

Agents of SHIELD Season 2: New Casting and Villains

The summary

Unknown as Bobbi Morse, codename: Mockingbird, SHIELD
Reed Diamond, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224703/ , as Daniel Whitehall, “The Kraken,” bad guy/HYDRA
Nick Blood, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3435454/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1, as Lance Hunter, director of STRIKE
Lucy Lawless, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005128/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1, as Isabel Hartly, SHIELD
The details can be viewed http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/agents-of...g-and-villains

Premiere is TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23. I'll have to re watch favorite episodes before then.

Cheers

Last edited by dnoonie; 07-29-2014 at 10:01 PM.
post #1391 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 60
The casting news is great. Lawless is a great actress and beautiful to boot. She knocked it out of the park on Galactica and while I didn't see it I heard she was good on Spartacus. Diamond has played sleazy well on other shows and will be a good swarmy bad guy.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #1392 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
The casting news is great. Lawless is a great actress and beautiful to boot. She knocked it out of the park on Galactica and while I didn't see it I heard she was good on Spartacus. Diamond has played sleazy well on other shows and will be a good swarmy bad guy.
I like Reed Diamond a lot too. He is a longtime member of the Joss Whedon Stock Company.
post #1393 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 175
What's going on with that other SHIELD related show that people seemed to be excited about a few months back? With a female single lead with an actress that people here liked, and I guess, it takes place in an early, pre-SHIELD environment? I thought it was going to be introduced while this show was on summer hiatus?

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #1394 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
What's going on with that other SHIELD related show that people seemed to be excited about a few months back? With a female single lead with an actress that people here liked, and I guess, it takes place in an early, pre-SHIELD environment? I thought it was going to be introduced while this show was on summer hiatus?
AoS will get a mid season break, and while it's away, Marvel's Agent Carter will occuy it's Tuesday night timeslot. It will have I think, 6, episodes, BBC style.
CruelInventions likes this.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1395 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Ok, thanks!

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #1396 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM

News for Agent Carter is pretty thin:
The shows web site shows 8 episodes but that may not mean a lot. http://agentcarter.net/episodes/
I really like the Marvel One Shot of Agent Carter, I don't remember which movie that was part of special features...

There are a lot of little tidbits out there best brought together at Wikipedia,
Edwin Jarvis will appear in the series as Stark's butler, who will eventually be a tutor to Tony Stark and inspire his J.A.R.V.I.S. artificial intelligence.[3]

Episodes

At San Diego Comic-Con 2014, Marvel revealed that Louis D’Esposito would direct the pilot, Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors the Russo brothers would direct episodes two and three, and that Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston was interested in directing episode four.[4]

Was ordered/green lit in May 2014 and will air in January 2015
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_C...28TV_series%29
post #1397 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 101
On Chloe Bennet's Instagram page, she has pictures with Hayley Atwell, so they must be doing press tours together. So Agent Carter is definitely a go.
post #1398 of 1403 Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 297
It seems strange to me that ABC would try to launch a new show in between the end of the 2014 SHIELD episodes and the start of the 2015 episodes. Theoretically the entire point of having a break around the new year is because everybody is busy with travel and family gatherings, so nobody will be watching TV around that time, anyway.

If the ratings are assumed to be so bad that the networks don't think it's worth their while to continue airing new episodes of old shows during that time, then surely they're not good enough to launch a new show, unless ABC is just treating this as a test case to see what happens by using a show they don't really care about, anyway. I assume if they really did care about Agent Carter that they would have put the show on the schedule as a mid-season replacement, instead.
post #1399 of 1403 Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Has there ever been a show that changed it's premise so much (Kid's flight of fantasy to court intrigue super spy thriller.) I liked first half of season but loved the last 8 or so. (after Winter Soldier came out)
post #1400 of 1403 Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 604
No question the crossover with CA:TWS gave this show a needed shot in the arm. I said from the beginning that it didn't make much sense to have a show set in a superhero universe that featured no actual superheros. The occasional crossover with the cinematic Marvel universe should have been written into this show's DNA from the beginning. Otherwise it's just another spy show.
bpeacock22 likes this.
post #1401 of 1403 Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Marvel is working on an Inhumans project. Potentially spoilerish article attached.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/news/screen...224500798.html
post #1402 of 1403 Old 08-19-2014, 09:44 PM

More season 2 characters:
Adrianne Palicki will play Bobbi “Mockingbird” Morse.
Twin Peaks Kyle MacLachlan will appear as Skye's father
Adrian Pasdar's as Glenn Talbot will return
Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill will make an appearance.

http://screencrush.com/marvel-agents...ianne-palicki/

I'm re-watching Season 1, Capt' Winter I'll be buying in early Sept. to keep the set up to date.

Cheers,
post #1403 of 1403 Old 08-20-2014, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Twin Peaks Kyle MacLachlan will appear as Skye's father
The Captain! will probably inevitably color my perception of him.

v/r,
C-F
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page