ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Page 51 - AVS Forum
First ... 49  50  51 52  53  ... Last
HDTV Programming > ABC's Joss Whedon/Marvel Cinema Universe tie-in: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
John dhein's Avatar John dhein 07:17 AM 10-18-2014
Helen freaking Mirren.

Sharp1080's Avatar Sharp1080 10:32 AM 10-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Helen freaking Mirren.
+1

Younger shot and older shot. They just naturally age well. No surgery needed.
Attached: 1782087_243493132488965_1993551891_n.jpg (123.7 KB)  article-2040108-0DF7737E00000578-500_224x612.jpg (44.1 KB) 
Mark12547's Avatar Mark12547 03:12 PM 10-18-2014
As I watched the latest episode, particularly the last quarter of it, I thought of Star Trek (The Original Series): in spite of alien technology, phasers, photon torpedoes, etc., some episodes come down to an old fashioned fist fight to settle irreconcilable differences.
dnoonie's Avatar dnoonie 08:42 AM 10-19-2014
I think Ward simply goes with the flow. He is a "yes man", that's why he was leveraged so easy by Garret and seduced so easily by Lorelei. Right now he's just going with the flow and as a soon as someone else is in control he'll go along with them too, maybe Raina's next.

Cheers
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 07:35 PM 10-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Helen freaking Mirren.
Heather Locklear seems to be aging very well.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 08:25 PM 10-19-2014
Catching up.. Zzzzzzzz...
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 04:23 PM 10-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
The fight scene between the Mays was pretty spectacular. Especially May's coup de grace back twisting head slam.

Loved how it ended, but Jack Reacher would say that fight lasted way too long. Anything over a minute is huge.
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 10:56 PM 10-21-2014
All I can say is that this season is pretty good, this is more of what I expect out of a Whedon show. His shows seem to always start off pretty sluggish, like Dollhouse, that show was just terrible and boring the first season, then the second was a gem. SHIELD IMO is just getting better and I've enjoyed all the shows this year. He always has those kick ass females that is for sure. I liked the addition of Bobbi Morse(Adrianne Palicki) tonight.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 01:11 AM 10-22-2014
Can't tell if this show instantly just got awesome or if Adrianne Palicki. LOL

And Sky's dad. LMAO!
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 07:56 AM 10-22-2014
I like the chemistry and banter that the new agents bring. Much more fun than the originals. Great episode. And Bobbi Morse as the ex-wife from hell. Classic!
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 01:33 PM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
He always has those kick ass females that is for sure. I liked the addition of Bobbi Morse(Adrianne Palicki) tonight.
My first thought when Bobbi revealed herself to Simmons and fought off those guards was SHIELD got their "Xena" after all. lol
Great addition to the team! I hope she sticks around and isn't just cameo/cannon fodder like Lucy Lawless's character was.

Also reading that interview on the previous page of posts, I hope this show doesn't have to compromise itself creatively too much as it writes around or in anticipation of the next big Marvel movie(s). Though I enjoy the tie-ins, I'd rather Joss and his team be given freer rein to do their "thang."
WilliamR's Avatar WilliamR 01:55 PM 10-22-2014
Sorry if this was talked about already but the big guy that is new this season that is a good mechanic, are they making him out to be Cable or something? Sure looks/acts like him.
Westly-C's Avatar Westly-C 03:23 PM 10-22-2014
^ I think Cable would fall under the X-Men/mutant umbrella, and not available for use in non Fox owned productions...
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 03:24 PM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Though I enjoy the tie-ins, I'd rather Joss and his team be given freer rein to do their "thang."
Joss Whedon is focused on Age of Ultron right now. I doubt he has any involvement with Agents of SHIELD at this point.
jamawass's Avatar jamawass 08:56 PM 10-22-2014
Just finished watching DVR'd episode and definitely my best episode of the entire series. The scene between Raina and Coulson left me speechless. Then Simmons' extraction, wow! Plus the intrigue of Skye's dad, definitely left me wanting for more.
dnoonie's Avatar dnoonie 10:36 PM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
All I can say is that this season is pretty good, this is more of what I expect out of a Whedon show. His shows seem to always start off pretty sluggish, like Dollhouse, that show was just terrible and boring the first season, then the second was a gem. SHIELD IMO is just getting better and I've enjoyed all the shows this year. He always has those kick ass females that is for sure. I liked the addition of Bobbi Morse(Adrianne Palicki) tonight.
I agree but ....
Bobbi went through the brain washing machine and she let Sunil Bakshi live when she got chased out of the building. I'm not sure she's working for Hydra now.

Cheers
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 11:02 PM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Joss Whedon is focused on Age of Ultron right now. I doubt he has any involvement with Agents of SHIELD at this point.

Speaking of:

You Tube

WilliamR's Avatar WilliamR 08:22 AM 10-23-2014
Best episode of the season for us. This season they really tweaked things and we like the look and feel of things. Much much better then last season.
mike1812's Avatar mike1812 09:30 AM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
My first thought when Bobbi revealed herself to Simmons and fought off those guards was SHIELD got their "Xena" after all. lol
Great addition to the team! I hope she sticks around and isn't just cameo/cannon fodder like Lucy Lawless's character was.
While perhaps not permanent, she is a recurring character and we'll eventually see her alter-ego.
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 11:04 AM 10-23-2014
In case you haven't heard, Hydra infiltrated Marvel and released the Avengers teaser early:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/23...ultron-trailer

Interested to see how they tie the show into movie events, since the season will probably end after the movie is released.
zeus33's Avatar zeus33 11:21 AM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post
In case you haven't heard, Hydra infiltrated Marvel and released the Avengers teaser early:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/23...ultron-trailer

Interested to see how they tie the show into movie events, since the season will probably end after the movie is released.

Posted that 12 hours prior. 3 posts above yours.
Marcus Carr's Avatar Marcus Carr 11:37 AM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Posted that 12 hours prior. 3 posts above yours.
Congratulations, you win the internet!
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar CANNON-FODDER 04:57 PM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
I agree but ....
Bobbi went through the brain washing machine and she let Sunil Bakshi live when she got chased out of the building. I'm not sure she's working for Hydra now.

Cheers
Did we see her go through the brain washing machine or was she just using the phrase as a threat to Simmons? I thought [they] directly implied that it took a lot of time and was only used if necessary when Whitehall was working on Agent 33 (Maya Stojan).

v/r,
C-F
Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 06:07 PM 10-23-2014
This weeks episode was in fact excellent and all out heightened the intrigue. I feel the show has definitely found its legs and is on the ground running for sure. Just because I'm obsessed with where they are going with Skye's character, anyone pick up on the green light highlighting her fathers face during his "angry" conversation with Reina? It looked awfully, Hulkish, in hue if you ask me. A nod to a She-Hulk storyline? Of course, they did bring up the Skye's an alien idea too, which still could link back to Captain Marvel. But for some reason, that green light really stood out to me especially since he was angry during that scene. And later on, her father used the term "monster" to describe what Skye might think of him.

On another note...I was afraid the Ward storyline would eventually get to the "We can't trust him but we still need his help" storyline. At the moment that is a groan moment for me. What do you guys think?

And lastly, The Avengers AOU teaser trailer....speechless!
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 06:10 PM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Did we see her go through the brain washing machine or was she just using the phrase as a threat to Simmons? I thought [they] directly implied that it took a lot of time and was only used if necessary when Whitehall was working on Agent 33 (Maya Stojan).

C-F
She didn't go through the machine. Why would she? She came to Hydra as a willing recruit. And rose pretty high in the ranks rather quickly. She seemed a little too deux ex machina to me. When has Coulson had time to recruit her? They've been constantly on the run since SHIELD fell.

I didn't immediately recognize her as FNL's Adrianne Palicki until I read it here (but know I had seen her somewhere...). Man, she's really tall!
RJO's Avatar RJO 07:51 PM 10-23-2014
I hate the idea that Ward is still around. After the way he was last season, I see no redeeming value. Need to terminate him in my opinion.
dnoonie's Avatar dnoonie 08:07 PM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

v/r,
C-F
Ahhhh. Yes thank you, Agent 33, my mistake.

Thanks again!
Aleron Ives's Avatar Aleron Ives 08:19 PM 10-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post
On another note...I was afraid the Ward storyline would eventually get to the "We can't trust him but we still need his help" storyline. At the moment that is a groan moment for me. What do you guys think?
As soon as I saw the preview, I knew people here would be groaning that Ward was getting released from his cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO View Post
I hate the idea that Ward is still around. After the way he was last season, I see no redeeming value. Need to terminate him in my opinion.
Wait, are they allowed to do that? Is the whole, "The good guys can't kill people," trope not applicable in this comic universe?
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar CANNON-FODDER 05:23 AM 10-24-2014
Didn't Skye kill Donnie Gill? While keeping her pulse rate down...

v/r,
C-F
mike1812's Avatar mike1812 09:49 AM 10-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post
This weeks episode was in fact excellent and all out heightened the intrigue. I feel the show has definitely found its legs and is on the ground running for sure. Just because I'm obsessed with where they are going with Skye's character, anyone pick up on the green light highlighting her fathers face during his "angry" conversation with Reina? It looked awfully, Hulkish, in hue if you ask me. A nod to a She-Hulk storyline? Of course, they did bring up the Skye's an alien idea too, which still could link back to Captain Marvel. But for some reason, that green light really stood out to me especially since he was angry during that scene. And later on, her father used the term "monster" to describe what Skye might think of him.
You know, I realize it's probably just a coincidence, but the change in Skye's hairstyle this season is very Jennifer Walters-like (She-hulk).
First ... 49  50  51 52  53  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop